Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 Rise of an Empire Athenian Faction Reskin

Default 300 Rise of an Empire Athenian Faction Reskin

Hey guys! Here with my first mod for Rome 2. This mod reskins all units for the Athenian faction to look like their appearance from the film 300: Rise of an Empire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final5.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	309342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final7.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	309343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final8.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	387.1 KB 
ID:	309344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300athenians_5.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	309345

The mod contains all new models, including 2 helmets with 3 faceplate variations and 5 crests, new bracers, belt/skirt, boots and a few other things. All models and textures were created by myself. The mod can be downloaded here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...80&searchtext=

I plan in the future to add more clothing and armour variations, as well as reskinning all Sparta, Epirus and Macedon units. Hope you guys like it.

Default Re: 300 Rise of an Empire Athenian Faction Reskin

discussions about pirated games are not encouraged here - Maximinus Thrax
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; June 26, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

May I ask why? Steam Workshop download should work just fine.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; June 26, 2014 at 01:13 AM. Reason: continuity

If you don't have Steam wouldn't it be useless to get this mod? At least I have heard that you need Steam to play Rome 2. So what to do with mod if you aren't able to play the game?
    Eupator Dionysius

Sorry but you're out of luck then. Pay for the game if you want content.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; June 26, 2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: continuity

I forgot to mention that you MangoPunch had made fantastic work.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; June 26, 2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: continuity
    Eupator Dionysius

Lots of mods have non steam link what is the problem ??

why didn't you make a non steam link, most people came to this website to download mods that are not on steam and if they wanted to download mods that are on steam,then they would of went to steam, so what i am basically saying IS THAT WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE A OFF STEAM LINK?????????????

Modders don't put non steam links anymore because they are tired of people posting because they can't install a mod.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

hi but i need this mod nosteam .... please help me ,,

Icon1 Re: 300 Rise of an Empire Athenian Faction Reskin

can i have no steam version plzz

hola a todos! les agradeceria mucho por su respuesta! es que tengo problemas al meterle mods de steam a mi total war rome2, al agregarle el mod abro el juego y no se inicia. obviamente esta abierto en el administrador de tarea. pero al quitar el mod ahi si se abre el maldito juego.. alguna solucion???

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Looking very nice, even if its not really my cup of tea, they look too much fantasy super hero style to me, but anyway good work from you. The main reason of my post is, that I think its absolute respectless and unfair, that people post no comment to the work of the mod creator, but only complain in a not very nice manner to post a non steam link. Guys, why arent you just happy that you get mods you like FOR FREE!!!! and the only thing that comes in your mind is that you dont like to download from steam. Show a little more respect to the hard work that modders put in their work and are so kind to share it then with you.

Ganja1997's Avatar Laetus

Ey, MangoPunch. Is there another link for your "AWESOME" Mod? Coz, Steam ain't working for me. Bought the game, subscribed but nothing happens.

I Downloaded this mod in "steam downloader ". I copy and paste in the data folder total war rome 2 editions emperor. I open the Modmanager and not this appears mod me just. clarify that my mod manager works well with other mods I've downloaded.

Mango, While i wont use your mod, i appreciate new modders to the scene.

Moreover i sympathise that your mod thread is full of people demanding a non steam link for their pirated games which have incorrect versions thus leading to incompatibilities.

So in compensations, have a +rep point

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPunch View Post
    Hey guys! Here with my first mod for Rome 2. This mod reskins all units for the Athenian faction to look like their appearance from the film 300: Rise of an Empire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final5.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	309342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final7.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	309343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300_athenians_final8.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	387.1 KB 
ID:	309344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300athenians_5.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	309345

The mod contains all new models, including 2 helmets with 3 faceplate variations and 5 crests, new bracers, belt/skirt, boots and a few other things. All models and textures were created by myself. The mod can be downloaded here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...80&searchtext=

I plan in the future to add more clothing and armour variations, as well as reskinning all Sparta, Epirus and Macedon units. Hope you guys like it.
    I commend you for the effort and you are obviously a very talented graphical artist. That being said, it is non-historical fantasy mods like yours (with bare-chested Greeks) that make me appreciate the fact that we have teams like those for Invasio Barbarorum II, De Bello Mundi, and Europa Barbarorum II making ancient history mods for M2TW Kingdoms that are actually historically accurate. Again, your work is visually very impressive, but I wish you would simply channel those skills and that passion and energy into a mod that actually respects historical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I commend you for the effort and you are obviously a very talented graphical artist. That being said, it is non-historical fantasy mods like yours (with bare-chested Greeks) that make me appreciate the fact that we have teams like those for Invasio Barbarorum II, De Bello Mundi, and Europa Barbarorum II making ancient history mods for M2TW Kingdoms that are actually historically accurate. Again, your work is visually very impressive, but I wish you would simply channel those skills and that passion and energy into a mod that actually respects historical reality.
    Says the man with a link to gondor horsies mod (also as his first mod) in his signature .

The pot calling the kettle black i think!

Icon4 Re: 300 Rise of an Empire Athenian Faction Reskin

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPunch View Post
    May I ask why? Steam Workshop download should work just fine.
    Hey I recently came back to Rome 2 and really wanted to do an Athens playthrough and this mod was missing from my load order, I soon came to understand that it had been removed from the steam workshop. I still would really like to do a playthrough with your mod installed, perhaps you could upload it to the thread? please?

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxWo1f View Post
    Hey I recently came back to Rome 2 and really wanted to do an Athens playthrough and this mod was missing from my load order, I soon came to understand that it had been removed from the steam workshop. I still would really like to do a playthrough with your mod installed, perhaps you could upload it to the thread? please?
    Here ya go, hope Mango doesn't mind.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/abfo7v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast