Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SubMod] Meerkat's Unit Balancing SubMod - Romans are playable now!

Default Re: [SubMod] Meerkat's Unit Balancing SubMod - Romans are playable now!

will this mod continue to be updated seeing as how DEI implemented their own deadliness/ initiative changes to the romans and the gladius?

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    will this mod continue to be updated seeing as how DEI implemented their own deadliness/ initiative changes to the romans and the gladius?
    As long as you load this mod above DeI it shouldn't be an issue, I don't think.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Slashas's Avatar Miles

I'm seeing some problems with DEI 9.5 and this, my romans are bad again

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    I'm seeing some problems with DEI 9.5 and this, my romans are bad again
    Are you sure that this submod is overriding DEI? Otherwise you wont see the changes made by this. It should be loaded before DEI. Something that is easy enough to do if you use The unofficial mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    As long as you load this mod above DeI it shouldn't be an issue, I don't think.
    I'm not having any issues. I suppose I should've really asked; "What differences are there between this submod and DEI? since the DEI team have buffed the deadliness and initiative for the romans themselves with .95. Is this submod pointless now?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    I'm not having any issues. I suppose I should've really asked; "What differences are there between this submod and DEI? since the DEI team have buffed the deadliness and initiative for the romans themselves with .95. Is this submod pointless now?
    i've been away for a while, i just took a look at 0.95, looks like they are doing something similar to my mod.

-if you want to make sure my mod is loading, look at the stats of a roman unit. my gladius units have around 20ish damage, 1 initiative, 3 deadliness. DEI 0.95 has 15 damage, 1 initiative and 5 deadliness.
    -i ran a test in a 1v1 praetorian vs. pritanoi ambactoi, i still feel like romans are a bit weak in vanilla 0.95 but its much better than before and definitely playable.

I think the main difference between my mod and DeI 0.95 is that gladius has higher damage and lower deadliness so that armor makes some difference against it. with a deadliness of 5, despite being underpowered, it completely bypasses armor which doesn't quite make sense. dei 0.95 also haven't fixed some of the greek sword units that still have 0 initiative and are terribly underpowered.

overall, i'd still recommend my mod at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    i've been away for a while, i just took a look at 0.95, looks like they are doing something similar to my mod.

-if you want to make sure my mod is loading, look at the stats of a roman unit. my gladius units have around 20ish damage, 1 initiative, 3 deadliness. DEI 0.95 has 15 damage, 1 initiative and 5 deadliness.
    -i ran a test in a 1v1 praetorian vs. pritanoi ambactoi, i still feel like romans are a bit weak in vanilla 0.95 but its much better than before and definitely playable.

I think the main difference between my mod and DeI 0.95 is that gladius has higher damage and lower deadliness so that armor makes some difference against it. with a deadliness of 5, despite being underpowered, it completely bypasses armor which doesn't quite make sense. dei 0.95 also haven't fixed some of the greek sword units that still have 0 initiative and are terribly underpowered.

overall, i'd still recommend my mod at this time.
    I have to say I'm very satisfied with your mod. Finally my Romans manage to rack up some kills. DeI vanilla isn't bad either, but this submod really makes it shine for a Roman player/Greek Thorax player
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Is this issue fixed in the latest version of DeI or will I need to get this submod?
    I like pie.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Leeham, please read meerkatology's post literally two posts above yours.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Is this compatible with latest dei and can i use it with doctors submods? if so which should i load first?

very intresting mod btw

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyr View Post
    Is this compatible with latest dei and can i use it with doctors submods? if so which should i load first?

very intresting mod btw
    It is, and yes it is. I load doktor's battle submod first, and then meerkat's.

For me the biggest problem in DeI mod is armour system for units. Units without armour have high armour stats.
    Example:
    Early hastati and early Triarii.
    This hastatii was low armoured units. They had shield, helmets, some soldiers had small chest-plate, and some have graves on left (front leg). Early triarii was very good armoured units. It was heavy unit. Triarii had bronze shield, bronze helmet, bronze plate, graves on legs. THis units was very good armoured unit. ANd what we have in stats. Hastatti have 40 armour, Triarii have 43 of armour. This all is wrong. This happen in all nations. Units which wasn't armoured in RL have high stats of armour in DeI mod. Some naked units, have high armour stats. Units which have normal clothes have very high armour. This system make that there in no difference between light, medium or heavy units. All have similar armour stats.

What is the best. Early and late Triarii. Late Triarii should have lower armour starts. Unit (late Triarii) had weaker armour but was lighter and more mobile unit. Late Trarii should have similar stats like late principes. This two units was similar armoured. This few units shows how armour system is messed up in DeI
    Last edited by NiKuTa; August 16, 2014 at 06:40 AM.

Could you please update the non-steam link, the file got deleted. Thank you

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mod was made for pre 1.0 version so all stuff was changed with current stats.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123