Thread: Welcome to Ultimate General: Gettysburg TWCenter fan site

Default Welcome to Ultimate General: Gettysburg TWCenter fan site

Hello all friends and fans,

TWCENTER has given the honour of hosting our game here, in the forum that I had the most enjoying years of my internet life as modder of Total War games.
    Let me remind you this blogpost in which I have announced last year the game project I was working for http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/...to-game-design.

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is now available on Steam Early Access.
    We shall continue to improved it for about 2 months with your support and feedback.
    The Full release will be available not only in PC Windows version but for Mac, Linux and tablets.

Early Access version is not a finished game.
    The things we are working on are in this list of known issues.
    In case you get the game, before you start playing, please read this Guide that covers what you need to know.
    The guide will be updated as the game progresses.
    If you want to suggest new features, share feedback or report problems,
    you can do it right in this fan forum at TWCenter or you may visit our Steam Community hub and Game-Labs forums.

We will offer weekly patches and the first one included AI, Gameplay and other needed improvements and features,
    which you can read here: http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/...eased-1stpatch
    Your feedback and criticism already has helped us to make the game better.
    So please continue to offer it as we read and acknowledge everything.
    We at Game-Labs hope you will enjoy Ultimate General: Gettysburg in its early form.

Have a look at the Early access Trailer

Please visit our store page for more information
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/306660

With full dedication,

Nick "Darth" Thomadis
    Lead Game Designer Game-Labs LLC

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Welcome to Ultimate General: Gettysburg TWCenter fan site

Looks interesting Darth, glad to see you've been able to turn an enjoyable hobby into fulltime work, that's a great thing. I doubt I'll find time to play the game any time soon, but I purchased it to support further development. Best of luck with this and future projects.

Default Greetings to all fellow modders and fans!

Hello TWC community!

I am very glad to be active again in a forum of TWC! For almost a year now I've been working with Game Labs on Darth's new strategy game Ultimate General: Gettysburg. It is a great experience working with a skillful team to create a strategy game and we are all very proud to present you the Ultimate General: Gettysburg in Steam Early Access release. In this tactical battle simulator you will be able to to lead thousands of soldiers in the famous Battle of Gettysburg as commander of either the Union or Confederate army.

The Battle of Gettysburg is presented in a beautiful, historical detailed map and is divided in days and phases per day, offering up to 80 historical and speculative battles in current Early Access. The game is not final yet, but it is very playable and has already enough content to offer countless hours of game playing.

The Ultimate General: Gettysburg is based on a real Artificial Intelligence, signed by Darth Vader. There are also plenty of innovative features in controls, LoS and FoW, units command, flow of battle, etc., that aim to increase the gaming pleasure and reduce the need of keeping busy with secondary procedures. The Game Labs takes very seriously the "player perspective" in game development and we are all doing our best to offer gamers an enjoyable, descent, strategy game.

Best regards to all fellow modders and fans,

Husserl
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 23, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Amazing work! I need definitely need to buy this game and find the time to play it

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Thank you for the support guys. Our goal is that with each weekly patch the game to become significantly better. Not only fix reported bugs and inconsistencies but add missing content for the coming 2 months until full release.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

If its anything like your mods then this will be good. . WB Darth.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    If its anything like your mods then this will be good. . WB Darth.
    Dont know if Im gonna like it or not but I bought it to show my support
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Nice its a welcome addition as i play alot of Scourge of War: Gettysburg. Good luck and kutgw! I definitely buy this one.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Talk about timing; another TWCer just told me about that on facebook. It looks very nice, and I especially like the art style. Best of luck with your project!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Looks a lot like the paradox game Scourge of War: Gettysburg, just a bit scaled down and abstracted. I like it though, and will definitely follow the progress of this game.

The game is perfect at the moment. Since the release, I have played it for few hours for both sides on random AI most of the time and I am not able to count the things I really like (some of those things people regard as negative such as morale system) I have not played Scourge of War so I can not compare but I have played some of your mods for total war games and I see what you tried to achieve in UI:Gettysburg. ( The only negative thing is that it is short and covers only Gettysburg but since it is called Gettysburg.... Looking forward for MP.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Hey darth! Good to see the game almost ready for release.

Fully support this modding god who inspired me into modding TW games

One of the best AI I've never seen so far (talking about rts) and it's just an early access A game with tremendous potential.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

I've had this on my Steam wishlist for a while now, had I been more awake and known who was behind it I'd have got my wallet out sooner! Excellent stuff!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I really do hope that CA are holding there heads in shame by not employing him and having missed out on nick's clear talent I really do hope that his games become a major competitor to TW games in the future!

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I really do hope that CA are holding there heads in shame by not employing him and having missed out on nick's clear talent I really do hope that his games become a major competitor to TW games in the future!
    Couldn’t agree more with you Toon the Ai in Ultimate General Gettysburg is light years ahead of total war and I for one am having much more fun with it than Rome 2 flashy graphics don’t make a game. CA lost out big time by not employing Darth reminds me of the story about Decca rejecting the Beatles but their loss is our gain because this game is fantastic and even better after today’s patch.

I've had 3 outtings so far. 1-minor defeat....1-major victory.....1-draw, all as Confederate. I like the random difficulty choice. Looking forward to any future projects that may include this game into a major campaign, that would be awesome beyond belief.

Thank you and best of luck.

zimm out

Fourteen people (fifteen with me now) don't make much of a fan site. Well, well. I wonder why there aren't any mods for this game. I haven't found any. It should be possible to make a mod about the Napoleon War or maybe even the First World War. But not one dam mod out there. Some people seem to compare this game to Sid Meier's Gettysburg. But of some reason I come to think more of the game Cossacks.

Not a word here about the new patch on this "fan site".