Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NTW Graphics for ETW

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: NTW Graphics for ETW

Has anyone figured out how to overcome the fog bug when when using this mod with Darthmod. I've tried lowering the GAMA levels and have the volumetric effects turned off but that didn't work. Ive looked through the pack file to try and Identify the conflict between the 2 mods but all I seem to be doing around in circles, trialing and erroring to no avail

onmy6's Avatar Miles

OK after some more trial and error, I've managed to reduce the fog and still run Darthmod with this mod.
    Those interested, I opening the Nap_Effects.pack with a PFM and deleted db directory (all it has in it is battle_sky_types_tables and battle_weather_types_tables)
    then I scrolled down to the fx diectory and deleted the volumefog.fx and gaussianblur.fx files, fired up ETW in Campaign with Darthmod and most if not all the effects that come with it and Nap Effects
    and the fog was reduced, there was still fog in the background but not in your face, not sure if the fog in the background was there because I was fighting in India as I haven't tried it in Europe yet.

for example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170312012435_1.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	444.5 KB 
ID:	343896 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170312012457_1.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	487.3 KB 
ID:	343897

edit: just to confirm there is NO fog in Europe
    example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170312015837_1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	598.3 KB 
ID:	343898 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170312015901_1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	343899 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170312015942_1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	678.3 KB 
ID:	343900
    Last edited by onmy6; March 11, 2017 at 07:06 AM.

does anyone have a working link for this?

The original link worked for me. Unfortunately I seem to get random crashes on my campaign map, so I had to stop using it.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderk View Post
    The original link worked for me. Unfortunately I seem to get random crashes on my campaign map, so I had to stop using it.
    Works fine for me infact it's a "must have" mod for me, but... it does require alttle tweaking to work properly

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Works fine for me infact it's a "must have" mod for me, but... it does require alttle tweaking to work properly
    I did the tweaking you suggested in your earlier post, and I still had the fog.
    Ill try it again maybe I messed something up.
    Do you use the "Weather off/on" feature that comes in the DarthMod launcher? I know you gotta have the enhanced effects turned off.
    I tried both weather off and on but curious what works for you.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

I don't use the Launcher as I found it gave me too many headaches so I use the user script file instead
    In my user script file I have, for example the following

mod DME_campaign.pack;
    mod RoAR_V2_main.pack;
    mod DME_AUM.pack;
    mod DME_Grenades_ON.pack;
    mod DME_Deploy_ON.pack;
    mod DME_Navy.pack;
    mod DME_CANu6.pack;
    mod DME_darthmod.pack;
    mod DME_SkinPack.pack;
    mod DME_UnitsPack.pack;
    mod the_great_spirit.pack;
    mod fiw.pack;
    mod Huron_WP.pack;
    mod IT_DB.pack;
    mod IT_MFR.pack;
    mod IT_Retextures.pack;
    mod ACD.pack;
    mod ONMY6_MUSIC.pack;
    so you would be interested in the DME files in that particular order, as you can see there is no DME_BSM_ON.pack file there, now that's not because I don't use it but because I've incorporated it into NAP effects
    and added crater effects for cannon impacts.
    So the order would be with the other mods removed and DME_BSM_ON.pack added as follows, adjust accordingly to your own preferences

mod DME_campaign.pack;
    mod DME_AUM.pack;
    mod DME_BSM_ON.pack;
    mod DME_Grenades_ON.pack;
    mod DME_Deploy_ON.pack;
    mod DME_Navy.pack;
    mod DME_CANu6.pack;
    mod DME_darthmod.pack;
    mod DME_SkinPack.pack;
    mod DME_UnitsPack.pack;
    NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: Also delete all the files within the fx_cache folder as I found when playing around with effects changes these can be a big pain
    so every time you make a change to effects and the likes delete these files before you fire up the game (don't worry they are recreated again on game start-up)

Also the intense fog does return but only on occasion, maybe once every 10 or 15 battles

EDIT: Because I don't use the launcher I have weather automatically enabled
    However it would probably work better without it ie:DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack mod pack enabled

I was curious about the battle weather table within the DME_darthmod.pack and noticed I have adjusted DM's "battle_weather_types_tables"
    which may have also had an effect on the NAP effects unknowingly, as I think I adjust it a while back as I got tired of the heavy rain when fighting in India
    So for reference if you decide to use the weather these are the adjustments I made as I still wanted the weather but not as intense
    First image is the original coding
    and
    Second is the adjusted coding

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Example DM "battle_weather_types_tables" original

and DM "battle_weather_types_tables" altered

If you want my adjusted version of NAP effects let me know and I'll upload it for you
    Just remember that in my version I have blood and smoke etc incorporated within NAP and it's suped up a little so you'll need a funky PC or laptop to to run it as
    it can slow the game play down during battles on mid range computers and youll need to disable any other effects and BSM pack or mod running
    and It also has a couple of variant crater impacts for various pounder cannons (which isn't every ones cup of tea)
    Last edited by onmy6; May 21, 2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Extra info

Thanks for the detailed response!
    Working now, I did what you suggested in your earlier post again but I think that fx_cache deleting made the difference along with having the weather pack on, DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack in script I mean
    It doesnt work all the time, certain battlefields covered in fog no matter what, but its easy to temporarily remove the Nap_Effects.pack and play the battle on a classic ETW map.(save before any battle)

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response!
    Working now, I did what you suggested in your earlier post again but I think that fx_cache deleting made the difference along with having the weather pack on, DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack in script I mean
    It doesnt work all the time, certain battlefields covered in fog no matter what, but its easy to temporarily remove the Nap_Effects.pack and play the battle on a classic ETW map.(save before any battle)

Awesome mate nice job, at some point I'll get right into the nuts and bolts of it and see if I can fix it completely, the odd battle with intense fog I can live with at the moment, ETW without it though is just alittle too dated graphics wise for my liking
    Cheers donions

Yea I think its absolutely worth it.
    The battle map I was testing this with was a perfect example, boring flat landscape with some trees on 1 side(ETW), versus a landscape with hills and a nice little ridge in my deployment zone, perfect size for 2 units of cannon(NTW).
    I hate when im a defending force and im stuck on a battlefield with no defensible position.
    I fight with honor if its 2 evenly matched forces, i'm ok with lining up on a flat field and fighting it out, but when im defending vs. a stack of elite native warriors and I have no line infantry, I need to fight dirty. Why I love this little mod add-on.

ps. I thought it was just certain battlefields that were stuck with fog, but it seems more random then that. I have 2 saves from before an identical battle in my USA campaign, same armies on both sides, occupying same tiles on map, 1 save takes me into a perfect NTW battle, other save is the same battlefield but covered in fog no matter what I do. It is working fine on 1 save so this isnt a problem, just might be useful info.

Anyone else struggling with this ill paste onmy's steps that worked for me on the latest DarthMod(8.1 Platinum) with no extra add-on mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    OK after some more trial and error, I've managed to reduce the fog and still run Darthmod with this mod.
    Those interested, I opening the Nap_Effects.pack with a PFM and deleted db directory (all it has in it is battle_sky_types_tables and battle_weather_types_tables)
    then I scrolled down to the fx diectory and deleted the volumefog.fx and gaussianblur.fx files

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: Also delete all the files within the fx_cache folder as I found when playing around with effects changes these can be a big pain
    so every time you make a change to effects and the likes delete these files before you fire up the game (don't worry they are recreated again on game start-up)Also the intense fog does return but only on occasion, maybe once every 10 or 15 battles

Enhanced effects(BSM) off
    Weather mod on, aka DME_SkiesBlueSkies.pack mod pack enabled(this part may not be necessary but I prefer not going thru all these steps to get a nice battlefield just to be spoiled by rain)
    Last edited by donions; June 03, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

When I use this mod with DME 8.0.1 w/ Bran settings it reverts the flags to the vanilla ones on the campaign map instead of the darthmod ones. Any tips on how to use nap effects as well as dme flags?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Egir's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for this lovely idea, Bran. Just a quick confirmation, if it's not too much trouble. Do I need to do anything beyond the instructions to use this with vanilla ETW? (I was fried by DM recently, and reverted to pure vanilla, you see.)

i have a weird thing happening in battles. In naval battles, often the ship's morale level will start just flashing between steady and confident. It gets annoying when it does that, but between wavering and routing. Is there a solution to this?

Could you please upload files again? The link (https://mega.co.nz/#!RsYU1L7S!oRGrSR...clL4acBguEdi0k) doesn't work now.

hi, i need help with this MOD, i don't knwo how to install.. :-) on first post Bran say that i just have to put nap effects.pack on data folder because the file is movie format, i don't knwo what is movie format , means if u put this pack file into my empire data foldr the game read it automatically? or i have to use pack file manager and replace one by one each modified value etc? i'm newbie guys sorry but i really don't know how to install this mod :-)

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Ok, because it's a pack file the game does read it automatically in the data folder. Just do that, and put 'mod nap_effects.pack' in the user script like any other mod. You shouldn't have to edit anything manually, I didn't at least. If you have any other graphics-related mods on, you might have to put nap effects at the start of the user script to make sure to overwrite the others.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aexodus... thank you so much, i didn't knew ho to proceed because so far i just used mod like.. darthmod or minor factions revenge that use a launcher so i ddin't knew about put manually a pack file , modify script file.. now it is all clear to me :-) thank you!

Hi, I installed this mod and it works, I can see the retextures and the effects on the campaign map, also the battle maps. It is really cool, I wouldn't go back to vanilla effects. But sometimes I get the famous fog (which I don't really mind) but I also get "night" sky during battles. Is this a feature or is it a bug? Is there any solution? I am using Darthmod 8.1. Effects off/Weather off/In game Volumetrics off. Thanks!

Hi, nevermind. Browsing around I discovered that Empire had indeed the night battle feature, although it was very rare. I guess Darthmod Weather somehow increases the chance of having a night battle. Or just Darthmod itself. Thanks anyway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast