Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NTW Graphics for ETW

Default Re: NTW Graphics for ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Ported Napoleon Total War Graphics (terrian and some effects) to Empire Total War
    It is in Movie format so just place it into your Empire [I]data[I] folder.
    Download : https://mega.co.nz/#!RsYU1L7S!oRGrSR...clL4acBguEdi0k
    Hey Bran, dude, i really love your mods, great job, but i need help ... How can i just pick the Napoleon Campaign graphics? I just want that one, itīs posible? Cheers, you do games like Empire seem like pure gold.

Link not working?

I know this post is old, but I realized that there is a problem with this mod. In reality, this mod has a serious fog problem even if you don't use DarthMod, I found out what the problem is and fixed it with FPM.

Unfortunately - I don't know why - but when the backgrounds (environments) are imported from Napoleon it bugs a lot in several new scenarios added. So, to solve the glitch problem , you need to delete the folder "Skybox" found inside the "Rigidmodels" and leave the original backgrounds! The weathers folder causes the same issue as it conflicts with the original game.

For those who didn't understand, I have Bran's Nap_Effects fixed and I can send it. I don't know how make it available for download.

Note: What is removed from the pack aren't the effects of shadow, plants, rocks, etc ... Only the folder with the corresponding screen background, including the additional night scenes that did not exist in Empire Total War.
    You don't need to delete any visual effects from the "FX" folder, like fog and graussian effect!!

Forgive me English, I'm not a native, but I am available to answer any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonr87 View Post
    I know this post is old, but I realized that there is a problem with this mod. In reality, this mod has a serious fog problem even if you don't use DarthMod, I found out what the problem is and fixed it with FPM.

Unfortunately - I don't know why - but when the backgrounds (environments) are imported from Napoleon it bugs a lot in several new scenarios added. So, to solve the glitch problem , you need to delete the folder "Skybox" found inside the "Rigidmodels" and leave the original backgrounds! The weathers folder causes the same issue as it conflicts with the original game.

For those who didn't understand, I have Bran's Nap_Effects fixed and I can send it. I don't know how make it available for download.

Note: What is removed from the pack aren't the effects of shadow, plants, rocks, etc ... Only the folder with the corresponding screen background, including the additional night scenes that did not exist in Empire Total War.
    You don't need to delete any visual effects from the "FX" folder, like fog and graussian effect!!

Forgive me English, I'm not a native, but I am available to answer any questions!
    So, if I understood correctly, I have to open Empire with PFM, look for Rigidmodels, then Skybox and delete Skybox; then look for Weathers and delete it too? I had this fog problem but strangely enough, activating Nap Effects in the user script AS WELL as in the mod manager kind of solved the problem for me...No more "in your face/square fog". But what I do get is night battles A LOT, even two in a row. Anyway, could you please clarify these steps for me? Would you be so kind to do so? I think I got it right, I am downloading PFM right now, just to see what is there. Thank you for your tip

Never mind, I found a PFM that supposedly supports all TW games but it doesn't work...too much of a hassle for me to start tinkering with this now...I've done it in the past but I am afraid I will break the game, I really wouldn't know what to do. If you know of an easier way to remove night battles, please let me know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HGRC View Post
    Never mind, I found a PFM that supposedly supports all TW games but it doesn't work...too much of a hassle for me to start tinkering with this now...I've done it in the past but I am afraid I will break the game, I really wouldn't know what to do. If you know of an easier way to remove night battles, please let me know. Thanks
    Don't worry. I will try to be more didactic ... First, find a folder "Skybox" as in the photo and delete everything that is not "default" file, including everything that refers to night battles. Do not delete an entire folder! Leave it that way below:

Second step
    Delete the entire "DB" folder as it contains the rules that directly link to the "Skybox" scenarios. In the past, you probably deleted effects or "FX" files which may have minimized the damage, but not corrected because the scenarios were still loading.

In this way that i explained i guarantee that you will have the campaign scenario 100% with new effects without destroying the battle scenario with fog glitch. Battle scenarios continue to have special effects loaded (like plants, rocks etc).

I have the file edited and I can send it to you, in case you don't want to spend so much time editing. In this file I also edited the problem of different flags being loaded on the campaign stage.

If anyone knows a website where i can host it ... I will be glad. I don't have a paid account on hosting sites.

Hi

How about use We Transfer? When I get that file, I will be able to upload it as a released mod for ETW anytime. Same way as you could actually.

Or just post the file as a released mod. Should work.
    Thank you so much for your time. I would try to edit it myself, but I couldn't find a PFM that works! Really bugs me!

So I tried to use PFM 5.2.4 again and it fails to load (I have downloaded the latest schema I could find, that is 139) Can't find the ETW as installed, a db error or something. So I cannot use it and I don't know what am I doing wrong.

So if you could just upload the file, that would be great.

Thanks a lot for your patience!

So I tried to use PFM 5.2.4 again and it fails to load (I have downloaded the latest schema I could find, that is 139) Can't find the ETW as installed, a db error or something. So I cannot use it and I don't know what am I doing wrong.

So if you could just upload the file, that would be great.

Thanks a lot for your patience!
    Thanx mate, here we go...

Nap Effects for All Mods

I uploaded two versions. The first is a clean version of Nap Effects without the problem of fog glitch (exactly why the night battles were completely removed). This version was also edited the conflict of flags that eventually appeared with other mods. So this version is 100% compatible with any Empire mod.

Nap Effects for Vannila

This second version below is my private version, it contains visual files that i think are essential and should exist in the original game. As they are several in one, it speeds up the process of opening game files a lot.

In it i include:

1) Shooting effects = musket sparks from Napoleon, smokes, explosions ...
    2) New map graphics = taken from DarthMod
    3) 60 loading screens = edited from the original Herr Doctor work with additional paintings made by myself from American Revolution, and others places like Brazil.
    4) New General skins = from Bavarian Grenadier (yep, i dont like the original General Bodyguards, so i put only the generals skins with some others calvary. These skins do not leave the face of the characters defective, what usually happens when you change all the units in the game. Again, my idea here was to have the essentials in a single file without changing the main game experience. It also does not change the original colors of uniforms.
    5) Flags = all land and naval flags from Empire Total Flags V.2.7. This one i consider more than essential for the Empire and should have in the original game. I fixed some corrupted flags like Courland war flag and added new flags (like Mysore).

That's all. Pick up your best effect, put in Data folder and have fun!

Note: I just compiled as you see and refined what i have identified. Just have fun with them!

Hey there, thank you so much for this! I downloaded the Vanilla version, since I have a couple of mods that might interfere (flags etc) the little tweaks in the second sound cool too.

Really, thank you for your time and effort. Second time in a week that I ask for help and you guys have been super helpful around here.

See you around!

Hey there, thank you so much for this! I downloaded the Vanilla version, since I have a couple of mods that might interfere (flags etc) the little tweaks in the second sound cool too.

Really, thank you for your time and effort. Second time in a week that I ask for help and you guys have been super helpful around here.

See you around!
    Good

Nap Effects is the best visual modification. I can't play Empire without it.

I've downloaded Miltonr87's Nap Effects for Vanilla. However a major problem persists: All naval battles in Strong breeze maps (try Scenario Battle of Lagos) are unplayable, with heavy lagging and sound stuttering. Calm breeze battles are normal. I tried deleting the Sea folder in Nap_Effects, but it didn't work. Any idea how to fix it ? I'm running everything maxed out, except for antialiasing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandreMW2 View Post
    I've downloaded Miltonr87's Nap Effects for Vanilla. However a major problem persists: All naval battles in Strong breeze maps (try Scenario Battle of Lagos) are unplayable, with heavy lagging and sound stuttering. Calm breeze battles are normal. I tried deleting the Sea folder in Nap_Effects, but it didn't work. Any idea how to fix it ? I'm running everything maxed out, except for antialiasing.
    Hi, I made a mess with my edited files.

Did you download the first link or the second? In the second I opened it and checked that it was not finished (it had less files), so I re-uploaded the file under another name MRNap_Effects (which is what I use) to differentiate it from the previous one. The first download option of my previous post works 100% and can also be used in Vanilla too, it is the pure version of Bran's Nap Effects without any additional effects.

I believe you downloaded the second link, so here is the file correction ...

Anyway give me a feedback. It works perfectly with me! I tested in these special scenarios and are ok! Remembering that the Battle of Lagos map has a natural fog from the game (just play it without any effect to see). I took some pictures below of how it looks on my computer...

MRNap_Effects increases the number of smoke, fire and explosions from guns and cannons, so you may need to reduce it to "medium" the particle effects on the game's graphics screen.

Note: If you still have screen lag, download the first version that does not force additional screen effects. My Notebook is a simple Samsung Essentials E20 Intel Celeron (4GB and 500GB) and runs without major screen lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonr87 View Post
    Anyway give me a feedback. It works perfectly with me! I tested in these special scenarios and are ok! Remembering that the Battle of Lagos map has a natural fog from the game (just play it without any effect to see). I took some pictures below of how it looks on my computer...
    Hi, and thanks Miltonnr87 for bringing attention to this issue. I've noticed myself that certain battles include a darkened skybox and accompanying heavy fog, which makes them a pain to fight. Your investigation is well done!

Personally, I will continue to play with the NTW environments included, due to the soft diffuse fog effect present in all battle environments. I've deleted the "Night" inside of the "Skybox" folder, and will playtest to see if this alone can resolve the issue with occasional heavy fog. Here's a comparison to show what vanilla ETW looks like compared to NTW effects (same settings in the custom battle, midday and dry):

https://imgur.com/a/aiG5c6o

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    Hi, and thanks Miltonnr87 for bringing attention to this issue. I've noticed myself that certain battles include a darkened skybox and accompanying heavy fog, which makes them a pain to fight. Your investigation is well done!

Personally, I will continue to play with the NTW environments included, due to the soft diffuse fog effect present in all battle environments. I've deleted the "Night" inside of the "Skybox" folder, and will playtest to see if this alone can resolve the issue with occasional heavy fog. Here's a comparison to show what vanilla ETW looks like compared to NTW effects (same settings in the custom battle, midday and dry):

https://imgur.com/a/aiG5c6o
    Yeah, its is a huge difference. With this edition that i explained i believe you can get these battle graphics in every scenario. I may be wrong too, but honestly some battles i don't even notice like in campaign scenario!

I may be wrong, but some battles I don't even notice.

Hi Miltron !
    Unfortunately your links d'ont work anymore. C
    an you upload them again ! Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Kogaion View Post
    Hi Miltron !
    Unfortunately your links d'ont work anymore. C
    an you upload them again ! Thanks !
    Hey man, unfortunately I no longer have the original version of Nap Effects... I put the edited version together with others that I built into a single pack to play online. If you want:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tion-(Vanilla)

I remember that it is not difficult to erase the "fog glitch" that cause conflict. Above in my previous post there is a step by step if u want to follow too...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345