Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

The template is on the workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=272182428

You don't download mods when you click subscribe, only when you open the launcher.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    The template is on the workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=272182428

You don't download mods when you click subscribe, only when you open the launcher.
    I know, but it wasn't even downloading when I was opening the launcher and running the game. I'm not sure what the deal was, I had to completely restart Steam more than once before I could get it to finally register that I had subscribed.

And about not being able to change fields in the template, I figured that out before too. The lack of any kind of edit function is really annoying.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Croue View Post
    I know, but it wasn't even downloading when I was opening the launcher and running the game. I'm not sure what the deal was, I had to completely restart Steam more than once before I could get it to finally register that I had subscribed.

And about not being able to change fields in the template, I figured that out before too. The lack of any kind of edit function is really annoying.
    You need to have 25 posts on the forum before you can edit.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Hi Sebidee and ty for your tutorial.

I have a problem when i must add the .png to the pack file.

I click on unit,Icons and later "add file".But the png go up in to my mod.I cant move everywhere.I tryed to move it to icons but is imposible:

Ty and sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by lurumagno; November 05, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

It looks to me like the icons are in the right place. You have a lot of strange tables in that mod, what are you making?

ty for your fast response.

I have a "compendium" of great mods like Dei,Radious etc with some own edits.

But i tried with a new pack and i have the same problem...i change the pack file schemas too but nothing change...

The file .png go up and down sites of the PFM.Is very frustrating!!!!

Ty again!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

So what's the error, do they not show up for the unit in the game?

OK ,the problem is that i save the icon like a .xcf with GIMP.I forgot export like a .png....

My first unit card!!

Ty for your help mate!
    Last edited by lurumagno; November 05, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Well done!

Hi, Sebidee.
    I used this tutorial and your template to create a unit for my game. Every thing works fine except for when i try and recruit the unit. It's there in the recruitment pool but it won't recruit the unit when i click on it. I think it has something to do with the fact i set the campaign cost to 0 but i can't find where to change it back. Please Help!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelic Power View Post
    Hi, Sebidee.
    I used this tutorial and your template to create a unit for my game. Every thing works fine except for when i try and recruit the unit. It's there in the recruitment pool but it won't recruit the unit when i click on it. I think it has something to do with the fact i set the campaign cost to 0 but i can't find where to change it back. Please Help!
    Prices are in main_units_tables

I changed them but it still didn't work. Any thoughts?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I changed them but it still didn't work. Any thoughts?
    Have you limited the unit's recruitment? Check that in main_units_tables too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Have you limited the unit's recruitment? Check that in main_units_tables too.
    Turns out it was a compatibility issue w/ another mod i had!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Turns out it was a compatibility issue w/ another mod i had!
    What was the compatibility issue?

I only have some pack file modding-experience, and to change units to my liking I've recently find out how to change the appearance of units by editing the notes in VariantMeshDefinitions. Even though I'm really glad to finally be able to do this, I'd much rather edit the appearance of units in the editor you're showing. I already downloaded it some time ago, and it seems I can make new units with vanilla textures that way…

But that's not what I want. In fact I want to change the appearance of some units part of the mod DeI. Only the problem there seems to be that I:
    1) can't seem to open the custom made units from the DeI pack file in the editor
    2) only vanilla textures and models seem to be available when using the editor

Would it somehow be possible to alter the appearance of some DeI-made units using the editor instead of the pack file notes, so I don't always have to go check in game to see if a unit looks okay?

If not then I'll just stick to my current method

I don't know if anyone has brought this up already, but if you're interested in making a female unit, either a new or converting an existing one, it seems as if you don't need to bother with the voice actor selection option, at least when making melee infantry. Just deselecting the "is_male"-option seems to provide your unit with the standard female melee infantry voice and female ambient voices and battle cries. I haven't confirmed if you get the same voice for selecting cavalry and mounted missile-units, I think they had slightly different phrases, but if they don't match up automatically, then it can no doubt be changed by browsing the vo-options.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldor View Post
    I only have some pack file modding-experience, and to change units to my liking I've recently find out how to change the appearance of units by editing the notes in VariantMeshDefinitions. Even though I'm really glad to finally be able to do this, I'd much rather edit the appearance of units in the editor you're showing. I already downloaded it some time ago, and it seems I can make new units with vanilla textures that way…

But that's not what I want. In fact I want to change the appearance of some units part of the mod DeI. Only the problem there seems to be that I:
    1) can't seem to open the custom made units from the DeI pack file in the editor
    2) only vanilla textures and models seem to be available when using the editor

Would it somehow be possible to alter the appearance of some DeI-made units using the editor instead of the pack file notes, so I don't always have to go check in game to see if a unit looks okay?

If not then I'll just stick to my current method

You must export all custom textures and models to the working data folder of your assembly kit to get them to show up in your variant editor. USE PFM and export the assets directly to that mentioned folder.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

once again breaking down the wall's.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Quote Originally Posted by Sacurason View Post
    Hey, can someone give me a hand? I made a unit of Spartan Heavy Pikes to give the Spartan faction a late-game pike unit, but I can't recruit them in the campaign. I followed the directions for buildings_allowed; they are enabled for rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_4, rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_PUNIC_4, and rom_HELLENIC_military_buff_Hero-Shrine_5. This is the same building that the Royal Spartans are enabled under, so I'm confused.

It seems like if they work in custom battles, and if I did all this, they absolutely should work. Are unit addons not savegame compatible or something like that? Has anybody ever had a similar problem?

Also, has anybody ever had an issue where a pike unit in formation holds their pikes sideways instead of forward?
    i am having this same issue, however i DO have the groupings set to sparta.... the reason i am very annoyed about this is the fact that the mod DID work a ways back, (i stopped playing rome for about 5 months) but no longer does, so i remade it from scratch but it still won't allow for recruitment of the units (i tried removing all other mods and that didn't work either)