Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmill View Post
    Hi Sebidee, I just finished the adding officer and general unit part of your tutorial. Now my game crashes. I have checked for spelling errors and found none. Is there any common issue you recommend i check?
    And thanks for this tutorial.Attachment 310704
    Ok and i just figured out how to post this screenshot.
    You haven't added the prefix on commander units permissions or Officers.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Libertus

You Sly dog you!!! OMG THank you so much. Also I want my unit to be pikeman. But they have pike as there main weapon and when i put them in pike formation they have there sword??
    Now that im done with that. Ok so the text doesnt show up still. Do i need the prefix for that?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text mod blackmill.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	310723

Libertus

Ok i fixed the pike issue now they switch to pike only in pike formation. My next issue is animation. they fight in the normal sword and shield animation when not in pike formation, but once i put them in pike formation they dont have animations at all they just hold the formation but dont appear to be attacking.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmill View Post
    Ok i fixed the pike issue now they switch to pike only in pike formation. My next issue is animation. they fight in the normal sword and shield animation when not in pike formation, but once i put them in pike formation they dont have animations at all they just hold the formation but dont appear to be attacking.
    Did you give them proper pike animations and the right weapon?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Libertus

I got it working i had to add animation tables. I just finished adding weapon tables and attribute tables but now i think i broke something!! Anyway i could send you my mod?? Kinda of a lot to ask. But im sure you will see the problem. Also i still cant get unit text to appear i may be putting it in wrong. I posted a photo of that.

Attachment 310789
    Last edited by Blackmill; July 24, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Ok, put the mod on a file sharing site and link it here.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

I'm trying to edit the land_unit but when I put try to put in the name for my unit in it, it says that it's not a valid value for land_unit. It said something about not being found in reference column key.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

The prefix is what you put on your tables to rename them. As for land units. You will need to update your schema
    Hey! Check out my mods!

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    The prefix is what you put on your tables to rename them. As for land units. You will need to update your schema
    Thank you very much!

Hey Sebidee, I have this problem where I can't change/find the land_unit name to the unit name which is "Rom_Old_Gaurd". Here's a picture since I'm terrible with words.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Have you edited main units tables?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

That's what I'm trying to edit.

Hey, can someone give me a hand? I made a unit of Spartan Heavy Pikes to give the Spartan faction a late-game pike unit, but I can't recruit them in the campaign. I followed the directions for buildings_allowed; they are enabled for rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_4, rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_PUNIC_4, and rom_HELLENIC_military_buff_Hero-Shrine_5. This is the same building that the Royal Spartans are enabled under, so I'm confused.

It seems like if they work in custom battles, and if I did all this, they absolutely should work. Are unit addons not savegame compatible or something like that? Has anybody ever had a similar problem?

Also, has anybody ever had an issue where a pike unit in formation holds their pikes sideways instead of forward?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by IHuffwindex View Post
    That's what I'm trying to edit.
    Oh sorry I misread your post. Have you tried creating a new mod and then adding all the tables from the template.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sacurason View Post
    Hey, can someone give me a hand? I made a unit of Spartan Heavy Pikes to give the Spartan faction a late-game pike unit, but I can't recruit them in the campaign. I followed the directions for buildings_allowed; they are enabled for rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_4, rom_HELLENIC_military_main_heavy_PUNIC_4, and rom_HELLENIC_military_buff_Hero-Shrine_5. This is the same building that the Royal Spartans are enabled under, so I'm confused.

It seems like if they work in custom battles, and if I did all this, they absolutely should work. Are unit addons not savegame compatible or something like that? Has anybody ever had a similar problem?

Also, has anybody ever had an issue where a pike unit in formation holds their pikes sideways instead of forward?
    You also need to have the unit in units_to_groupings_military_permissions, make sure you have the right culture and a prefix. Unit addons are save game compatible. The sideways pike is because you do not have the right attach point.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Oh sorry I misread your post. Have you tried creating a new mod and then adding all the tables from the template.
    Yeah just now tried that with no luck. I can name whatever I want under "unit" but I can't find the unit name under "land_unit".

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by IHuffwindex View Post
    Yeah just now tried that with no luck. I can name whatever I want under "unit" but I can't find the unit name under "land_unit".
    Have you tried editing land units first?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jmkp1996 View Post
    alright last question. How do i get a single row of, a officer like in the pictures? I know how to add the db tables to my mod. I read about how to delete whole rows, or to remove entries but there's no delete option.
    There is a delete button on your keyboard
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Have you tried editing land units first?
    If I attempt to edit land_unit it just brings down a drop down menu that displays a list of the vanilla units and "Template". That's my problem since I can't find the name I created under unit.

"CREATING A VARIANT MESH

This is easy, open up TWeak.AssemlyKit and the variant editor. Then click on "file". You have the choice of either clicking "Load Uniform" which will let you edit an existing variant, or clicking "New Definition" which will allow you to start from scratch. The best unit mods are normally the ones that fit in with the vanilla units as seamlessly as possible, for this reason it is normally best to load an existing uniform and then only change it slightly. This means it will be distinctly new but similar to other units at the same time. I then chose to load the unarmoured falxman to whom I will give armour. Here is the handsome fellow himself:"

I get an error, or something, i can only load some african skirmisher on the "Load uniform" option.

I dont know, i feel very dumb now, i read the Assembly Kit thread you linked and i could not create the pack file with only the changes i did, i dont know what am i doing wrong, jesus.
    Last edited by Lord Rato; August 04, 2014 at 12:11 AM.