Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Did you remember to change the prefix? also you will not be able to recolour officers.
    Decision of this problem was very simple - I just corrected one column in variant_tables.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Teos16 View Post
    Decision of this problem was very simple - I just corrected one column in variant_tables.
    I'm guessing you forgot to edit the table that said "soldier"?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Panth3rMan View Post
    Hey Cartmanez, in the land_units.loc table (the one you attached in your post), there should be a third column "Unknown" with a checkbox. This should be checked. I'm pretty sure this checkbox allows you to enable and disable the tooltip.
    Changes nothing :/ perhaps the problem is the german version ?
    I remember before the UPC Languages Mod, the Radious units where without tool tip too.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cartmanez View Post
    Changes nothing :/ perhaps the problem is the german version ?
    I remember before the UPC Languages Mod, the Radious units where without tool tip too.
    When you created new rows did you click 'add row' or 'clone row'?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    When you created new rows did you click 'add row' or 'clone row'?
    I would click clone row, but i used only the first row ( of your template ) for the first unit, like in my uploaded picture.
    I also deleted and added new the whole table.

Is it possible, that the problem is the language of the game ?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cartmanez View Post
    I would click clone row, but i used only the first row ( of your template ) for the first unit, like in my uploaded picture.
    I also deleted and added new the whole table.

Is it possible, that the problem is the language of the game ?
    Yes actually it would be. You said you are playing the German version right? Well my template has the English table, you will need to find the German table for yourself. In mine it is in local_en_rome2.pack. The 'en' stands for English so you will have the German equivalent, I'm not sure what that is but it is probably 'gr' or 'ds' or whatever. The table you need it land_units.loc and land_units_descriptions.loc they are in db in the pack.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Hey Seb, if I want to make a cavalry unit, do I need to include a horse in the variant mesh definition file? And if I do, under which slot do I assign it?

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by Panth3rMan View Post
    Hey Seb, if I want to make a cavalry unit, do I need to include a horse in the variant mesh definition file? And if I do, under which slot do I assign it?
    You don't include the horses in the unit's variant mesh. If you're happy using vanilla horses then choose the most appropriate match-up from the "mounts" table, and then apply this to your unit in the "land_units" table under the "mount" column. If you are looking to create new or edit existing horses then you'll need to create separate variants for those and include them in the relevant tables.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mackles View Post
    You don't include the horses in the unit's variant mesh. If you're happy using vanilla horses then choose the most appropriate match-up from the "mounts" table, and then apply this to your unit in the "land_units" table under the "mount" column. If you are looking to create new or edit existing horses then you'll need to create separate variants for those and include them in the relevant tables.
    Thanks for replying to these far faster than I can Mackles!

Thanks Mackles!

hey i've followed all your instructions but when i start my game with the mod it jus stays on the loading screen and I have to restart my computer also how do I update my mod?

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by BlendianSoldier View Post
    hey i've followed all your instructions but when i start my game with the mod it jus stays on the loading screen and I have to restart my computer also how do I update my mod?
    If you are crashing on start-up then the most common culprit are either:

a) A spelling error somewhere. Now you get to go through the painstaking process of checking every row and column of every table! (Although a little common sense on your part might be able to save you time, if you think about the most likely places you may have made a mistake)

b) You've used a unit ID already in use by a vanilla unit. This will be in the "unique_index" field of the "main_units" table, or the "key" field of the "building_units_allowed" table.

Happy hunting!

As far as the Mod Manager saying it's out of date, don't worry about that. Only if you choose to upload it to the Workshop will that warning go away. If you want the technical explanation then uploading to the Workshop syncs the build number of the game the mod was built on with the build number of the current game. The build number gets changed with every patch and DLC, so you need to keep updating to remove the warning, even if it works fine otherwise. If this mod is for personal use just check the enable out of date mods option.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, what Mackles said. Go through all the db tables. Don't worry about unit cards, text or the variantmeshes, they don't cause crashes. You have either misspelled something or left it blank. I normally find that the culprit is land_units_tables.

Icon4 Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	310624Most of the locations you asked me to put the name i got a bunch off choices instead off letting me type them in.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Try to create a new mod and add the tables from the template. That should fix it.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

How I can change Land_unit? He putt this: Error "Get_arm_falx" is not a valid value
    What I can do?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by 98pirizar View Post
    How I can change Land_unit? He putt this: Error "Get_arm_falx" is not a valid value
    What I can do?
    Make a new mod and then transfer the table over. Do 'add from pack' and select all the tables.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

ok so now the game starts but crashes once i load a custom battle sny ideas whats causeing it

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

ok so now the game starts but crashes once i load a custom battle sny ideas whats causeing it

You probably left an animation column blank or something secondary like that. It can only be something to do with battles.

Libertus

Hi Sebidee, I just finished the adding officer and general unit part of your tutorial. Now my game crashes. I have checked for spelling errors and found none. Is there any common issue you recommend i check?
    And thanks for this tutorial.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Packfile mod blackmill.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	310704
    Ok and i just figured out how to post this screenshot.
    Last edited by Blackmill; July 24, 2014 at 02:07 AM.