Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

JohnComnenos's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Just out of interest is building a unit in Attila the same as Rome II? I used this guide successfully with Rome II but not with Attila, is there something else you have to do?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

There could be additional tables because of the autoupgrade in Attila.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

I'm stuck with two issues I've not had to deal with until this new version of PFM, so... I'm finally asking for help.

I can't seem to extract anything, so I can't make new unit cards. It allows me to extract, but I can't select where it goes and then the file just seems lost to oblivion within my computer. Any ideas why this would be happening?

And, more annoyingly, I can't get the variantmeshdefinitions to add the way they used to. Now every time I select the file to add it into a pack it just falls under the variantmeshes rather than variantmeshdefinitions as it should.

I'd love any help you fine folks can give!

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Apologies, but... it's not letting me edit my post. So. This is a screen of the variantmesh issues.
    https://imgur.com/a/8peEHhM

hello, if I wanted to duplicate a gentleman in order to create + gentlemen with different skins / mount on which tables I should work (for the startposts I will try to find what to do) thanks
    hello, if I wanted to duplicate a gentleman in order to create + gentlemen with different skins / mount on which tables I should work (for the startposts I will try to find what to do) thanks

JohnComnenos's Avatar Libertus

I really wish there was something on the PFM that could tell you what's making your mod not work. You can spend hours & hours building a mod only for it not to work and you have no idea why, then having to spend hours and hours looking through it to try and work out what's missing only to find nothing. Does anyone have an hints or tips on this because I've had to restart this same mod 4 times now and despite following this guide to the letter it still won't work.

I want to add text to the encyclopedia at the bottom and I would like to know how I should go about doing that? Thanks.

Why are models not showing up that I downloaded and extracted into the appropriate VariantMeshes subfolder? On the errors window most are "Modifier" errors, most having to do with vffx or Warscape.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; December 24, 2019 at 04:22 PM.

Please, how I can add attach points in new helmets? (ROME II)

I added a new corinthian helmet to the game and it worked perfectly. However, I cannot place crests. The codes are correct in the variantmeshdefinitions, but within the game, the crest appears on the units' body and not above the new helmets. Can you help me?

I noticed that this also happened with the helmet hellenic_thracian_1

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

Hi,
    So I just created a mod which adds a few custom units to masaesyli. But for some reason they aren't showing up in game. I followed your guide step by step and have no idea what i did wrong, maybe i missed something early on idk. So can you or anyone help me find out why my units just don't show up in game?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

upload the pack and I may have a look, not an expert here but I can check
    please remember to report what's that for, rome 2 vanilla? what campaign?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zi?usp=sharing

Her is a link to a google drive folder with the mod in it so if you can check it out and see what's up that be great. I know it's not perfect but it should at least work. So this mod is for the grand campaign and custom battles and is supposed to add several new units to masaesyli.

Icon5 Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Hey, hope you're still replying to these, I competed all the steps to put the unit into the game for custom battles but I don't see it when I click custom battle. Any idea?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Papy11 View Post
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zi?usp=sharing

Her is a link to a google drive folder with the mod in it so if you can check it out and see what's up that be great. I know it's not perfect but it should at least work. So this mod is for the grand campaign and custom battles and is supposed to add several new units to masaesyli.
    oh men... I'm sorry... I didn't notice you answered 4 months ago... do you still need a hand for that? not completely sure if I can help since I'm no a "unit guy" though

Hi! I succesfully created a new unit using this great tutorial, but the name of the unit, as well as its description in the tooltip, is not shown.
    I created the text and db dirs and named the string file as emperor_land_units.loc, then inside it I put the name of the unit (in column tag: land_units_onscreen_name_Aux_Armoured_Archers, while in localised string column: Auxiliary Armoured Archers).
    Any tip?

Hello!

I recently decided to try modding but I seem to be unable to add my units to the campaign. They work great in custom. Can anyone help me figure out what is missing?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18q_...ew?usp=sharing

Make sure the unit is referenced correctly in the location files and its also case sensitive apparently...

thanks for the great tutorial. however, there's something you've missed: how can i create a custom special ability ?

now i ask this not because i don't know how to create the ability and make it work in game, but rather because i do not know how to name it properly. since we have to pick for example "a_mp_test_1" ability, and then customize it to our liking, for example giving it different phases, with stat effects, etc... but how can i then rename the skill to what i like it to be called. i have edited: Unit_ablities_tables , and gave my ability a name and a description. but when use my unit in game, the skill does not appear in battle and in the UI menu, the skill place holder is there but does not have the specific image and name that i have picked for it.

how can i properly name a special ability ?

Hi, I know this thread about Unit modding is from 2014.

But can someone tell me, if it is possible to enlargen animals, like wardogs?
    I have modded my own Unit for the Suebi and after some issues with invisible dogs, I finally achieved to have the visible, but initially in the "battle_entities" I made them twice as big, and ingame they don't get bigger, I know with Units, that you enlargen them in the "unit_variants" but it's impossible to get the dags in the variants, and there is no variants for animals.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me if it is possible and if yes how