View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.4 (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    Its BAI things not CAI i realy dont have a clue for this stuff, but sometimes i see BAI actualy withdraw in battles sometimes, vanilla or mod game cant remember, but i think there are correlation between high star general with withdraw chance.
    Oh I didnt mean edit Battle AI because I know thats impossible. There some values in either campaign variables or morale table that can decrease morale of units based on the battle balance on top of the minimap. If the AI loses alot of units, that bar will become more disadvantagous and cause morale penalties. If I make these penalties large enough, I can make the AI generals to rout without doing suicide charge. I never got the chance to tinker with these values though.

Its name minimum chance to win, and yes i do put 70 as value , i think it also mean 70% win before AI take action, and frankly AI will not wait you any longer since when he finally reach his targeted object or castle, that it, autoresolve (you will mostly lost by considerable margin) or play manual.Try to read hedge guide, its help a lot

I will definitely try again this weekend and see if any progress is made

Impossible to do better spend your mind into other else, the close one is rome 2 rout animation like DEI, more harder to kill.

sadly this might be true

Quite possible,try campaign variable, there is value to make BAI actualy used sort of skill he have when he have the chance. Hell i even dont know how to make my yari unit actualy do square formation. If the ai think surrounded then maybe he used the skill, its seem its can happen in defensive play not aggresive since BAI will run and charge you, so skill is no no,if we talking like other ability yes its possible.Formation na da!!

will try this out and let you know if it works
    dont worry about square formation, it wasnt really used in sengoku japan anyways
    let me know if you

ive tested your CAI parameters on my mod and needless to say, they are simply amazing

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by rzz41 View Post
    ive tested your CAI parameters on my mod and needless to say, they are simply amazing
    Thanks, glad to hear its can help your modding work..

After working nonstop this whole week, i already finish the latest update, will update main thread soon
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Foederatus

Now just have some rest or off time you deserve it. Have a nice day.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Great to hear! Can't wait to try it.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.4

Great to hear! Can't wait to try it.
    Thanks
    Now just have some rest or off time you deserve it. Have a nice day.
    You bet stefan, after all this project spent couple month to finish,from,ui,encylopedia,unit card,unit caps,unit stats,CAI,plus other tweak,if i know all the s..hit i must endure during mod making process, i will reconsider jumping into modding scene after all. .Thanks for the support from all of you People.
    I proudly present the latest piece of my work.For full information read the change log in Main thread

Lets everyone have a good time shall we ???
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; October 04, 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Just downloaded! I noticed that there is no boot.pack though, and that there is a shader.pack and a shader_gloss.pack. Do we use both of those and does that mean we use the regular boot.pack?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

yes, the boot pack still the same , i just forgot to add, already fix it,shader.pack and shader_gloss.pack yes use it together, they are from superghost boy, stuff, its help people if they want to use my mod but use original shader pack from vanilla itself

Got it! Thanks.

Still getting the same crash unfortunately. Gonna try a clan other than Shimazu to see if it happens still.

the same crash from the same turn ? are you use old save game ? or new game, if new game please upload the save game,so i can see it. The crash should not permanent

Didn't get a crash as Date. Wondering if there is something around the Shimazu area that causes problems. Anytime I send my mouse cursor towards Korea the game freezes for a couple seconds.

I ended up deleting my save games after the last CTD, but the crash I mentioned yesterday was from a new campaign I started after the official 7.4 release. Will start a new campaign as Shimazu again and send the save for that one.

Thanks for the bug finding effort, will fix the problem when you upload the save, I just finaly have free time playing as Takeda , everything is normal,not random crash or anything, already turn 28.So what do you think about AI now finally bring siege eguipment that can completely nuke your ass

I also notice the more wider my clan province,the more harder to properly defend, I just feel not safe to lauch invasion to far away clan.And the AI quite bastard since he always have absolute win via auto resolve , very very shrewd, almost like playing chess.

Not to mention politic, its seem if the mutual interest is no longer needed then that it, end of alliance.For example when the both nation shared border and just dont want to fight, they gladly accept alliance, when the border no longer exist they will ended up the alliance, still they keep trade and military access.It seem every faction has its own agenda.And player is just pawn for them, piece that have no use is no longer needed
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; October 05, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

I love it! As Date I made the wrong choice in Alliance and ended up pincered on all three sides when my ally fell. Then two of my enemies ended up going to war with each other and fought each other outside my castle. Very Romance of the Three Kingdoms-esque. Love it! The diplomacy and CAI is perfect. You did a brilliant job!

I will say though that I am not a fan of the addition of Korea and the extra islands. Still wish the enemy used more Ashigaru than they used Samurai, too. I am also not very fond of the mixed weapon animations (would be less of an issue if the unused weapon didn't get slung onto their back awkwardly!).

Some questions:

1) If we prefer your shaders do we not use the shader.pack and shader_gloss.pack you included in the download? I tried them out but I prefer the shaders you had in your previous version.

2) I have not got past turn 100 yet, but I was wondering if more armies start to get fielded (both for the player and the AI). I prefer to use 20 units per army and was hoping the AI would still field more armies to make up for the fact that there wouldn't be 40 units per army. Right now (around turn 40ish on Very Hard) most AI that I can see field 1 full stack, very few 1 and a half stacks, none more than that. Myself I can only afford 1 stack.

Yes its was unpredictable campaign since each clan have equal ambition to dominate each other.Back there its easy to predict CAI since most clan dont equal in term of ambition.
    That why some clan just follow another.Now its vanish.Maybe he just one minor clan but who know,when the chance is appear the minor clan will act faster then human seize the oppurtunity,even the major clan fall,the minor clan is now more then challenge.Since everyone is equal.Plus when the minor clan conquer the new province he just got upgrade province,and that mean the lethality of minor clan is increased,more and more.Still it need basic system as limiter

1)
    If we prefer your shaders do we not use the shader.pack and shader_gloss.pack you included in the download? I tried them out but I prefer the shaders you had in your previous version.
    They are the same version i think, the different is, in 7.4 the shader is separated so if you want use the vanilla one its possible.In 7.3 its merged with core pack. so people who want use different shader cant make it.They are the same, for more variation shader visit superghost boy mod,download its overhaul. I dont know why superghost boy suddenly A.W.O.L after he just want to lauch his new blood edition years ago.

2.Yes it can, i think actualy AI have faster growth then human in term of economy.Well you need build your economy through trade in sea so there is merit to building financial building.Also its makes you actualy cry if you precious stack gone losing in battle,pretty sure quick load gonna happens,its adopts the concept of rome 2 legion where you can feel precious to your veteran army .
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; October 05, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Awesome! Thanks. I'll get around to uploading that save tomorrow.

Hey I've Just played toi mod and I do like it but I found a bug, all matchlocks and arquebuses units hold a spear instead of a gun and it is only when they shoot that the spear transforms into a gun :p
    And I do find that one turn to recruit mangonels is a little too short but that's just my view

Quote Originally Posted by Raftor View Post
    Hey I've Just played toi mod and I do like it but I found a bug, all matchlocks and arquebuses units hold a spear instead of a gun and it is only when they shoot that the spear transforms into a gun :p
    And I do find that one turn to recruit mangonels is a little too short but that's just my view
    all matchlocks and arquebuses units hold a spear instead of a gun and it is only when they shoot that the spear transforms into a gun :p
    No its not a bug, its just i take different view from other mods, so basicly gun unit in my view will carry spear to at least able to repel lesser cavalary,or at least able to hold them a little longer, mostly every gun unit have spear,bow ,not every unit carry spear,while maybe its not historicaly accurate,since it my mod its mean my ways, my playstyle, my rule.Anyway matchlock unit will get masacred when contacted by any normal melee units.Cavalary can also do damage if they succesfull lauch charge from flank or rear.
    The reason why their carry spear to give some sense of realism, that they actualy carry spear, and drop it to ground to use musket,its not perfect but at least its better then spear magicly come out from thin air.Plus its also change the battlefield,no more craps that if cavalry able to penetrate enemy lines from behind all ranged unit will get wiped out like usual paper,rock,scissor.Its put better tactic that how we slip some melee unit into behind to take care the ranged units.

Mangonels is exception most of siege unit is 2 turn to recruit.Its just to encourage CAI and player to actualy recruit and use them, but you can easly tweak by yourself to change it into 2.

Enjoy the game,if there something you dont like try to tweak it by yourself,your game your rule,your play style right

Hmm I am on turn 47 now with a new Shimazu campaign and I have not crashed yet. That said I also have not done anything differently, in game or out of game.

possibly that CTD is random one not permanent