View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

No problem at all! I was hoping you'd take the time to look at the savegames yourself, thank you for keeping up the work for on this amazing mod. Truly looking forward to the FoTS campaign as well! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Well the mod itself not have title of "Realism" about it, like i said before, i created the mod because i just want created KOEI Samurai Warrior extention into Shogun 2 game, and you know right that Samurai Warrior means 1 guys rampage through battle field, hehehehe , still like i said before, nothing is invicible, there are many that can break invisible warrior like arrow, gun, fire rocket, mortar, etc etc, and the AI definetly recruit it.

Also the battle order may different for example, usually you slip cavalry go into archer and that it, in RGM mod its gonna different, since couple Archer or some Gunner use spear which is very deadly to Horse type. Through campaign you will develop relationship with your Daimyo and your starting Hero , since you definitely rely them to aid you during conquest. Each faction have same Hero like you have, and soon you will meet them in battle field.

In later campaign you will find your invicible heroes and general starting to became weaker, since AI do recruit more sophiscated units , for example teppo, if you play it you notice that they do fire all rank at once, which make it very dangerous to any type of unit.Not mention heavy barrage of fire rocket.

Some other faction may have unique units, for example if you use unit that full pack of ninja, your stack can hide anywhere in campaign map, while you cant use general to lead them, since its realy act of dishonour, but you can make deadly trap to unaware foes, since you can ambush anywhere in plain sight.
    Ok. I'll try to like it =)

P.S. If I install above some mode which affects battle it won't be any good, right?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hmm try it first, i am sure its can work together
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thanks will try to sort the problem out
    An update, I've decided to try a whole new game, without the 40x units as Oda with legendary difficulty. Had a wonderful time and decided to go straight with the same game for as long as I can without exiting the game or loading... Then at turn 30, instead of 29, I hit the Moori freeze again! On the previous game I played very hard as Shimazu and hit a Mori freeze on 29.

Is there any command or something to sorta kill off Mori and replace em with rebels or alike? <.< Seems to be them and at turn 29/30... I've got the savegame right here http://puu.sh/iJNhY/4449e29c05.rar I'm completely engrossed into the mod and just so saddened that I can't go on anymore beyond 30 turns! Feels like you're giving me a demo and holding out on the real game Hahaha, Jokes aside I hope this additional savegame helps when you find the time to work on it!

Sorry for the problem i will try to fix it based on your save game, its may take some times considering the db files need to be repaired is quite big, thanks for reporting
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Sorry for the problem i will try to fix it based on your save game, its may take some times considering the db files need to be repaired is quite big, thanks for reporting
    I'm truly very happy to hear that and eagerly anticipate a fix! I completely understand it'll take time, just tell me if there's anything more I could do to help!

Nah, its already enough for me to having morale support from someone like you, appreciate it

Mori has frozen on turn 62. Replay didn't help=/

Quote Originally Posted by Artemy View Post
    Mori has frozen on turn 62. Replay didn't help=/
    Nice that you got to turn 62, I couldn't get past turn 30 with two plays and on both got the Morifreeze on both. Well, Juaidi83 is working on it

Just curious, what difficulty did you play and also - did you use the 40x unit savegames provided or just started a campaign normally?

Played on hard, no 40x unit.

Few impressions:
    Arrows fly like rockets to the sky. Switching fire arrow ability changes range. (in case of ashigaru it is increasing)
    Battles are extremely easy. Either your general destroys half of enemy's army or opponent just stands under catapult or rocket fire.
    Didn't understand sense of having only one agent per type.
    Didn't understand prices policy. 1 samurai troop costs like 2 ashigaru troop. In battle 1 samurai troop can fight with 5 ashigaru troops without heavy losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemy View Post
    Played on hard, no 40x unit.

Few impressions:
    Arrows fly like rockets to the sky. Switching fire arrow ability changes range. (in case of ashigaru it is increasing)
    Battles are extremely easy. Either your general destroys half of enemy's army or opponent just stands under catapult or rocket fire.
    Didn't understand prices policy. 1 samurai troop costs like 2 ashigaru troop. In battle 1 samurai troop can fight with 5 ashigaru troops without heavy losses.
    My thoughts on the matter; I also noticed the arrows flying like rockets, but what bothered me more was the extremely low arrow supply. Though I assumed research would allow you to carry more but I never managed to get that far.

And yeah, I have opposite horror stories of using 700 ashigaru spearmen against a 40-80 general bodyguards and still failing. The best they can do is be killed to exhaust the enemy. And the walk towards catapult/rocket I think is a problem with the game itself, though I agree thats the best way to mow down half their army until the reach yours and something I found myself doing all of the time before my freeze. It does eventually get annoying but junaidi83 explained that during mid-late game when you get advanced units in larger quantity that the generals will be easier to deal with and harder to use yourself. Do remember though, that you've got an overpowered daimyo and hero unit as a great clan and only other great clans share this. So it's a great advantage in the start and affords the great clans themselves the higher survival rate they need to be able to be a strong and proper threat to you once you meet them.

I was also confused by the pricing of units and limited agents.. But I guess that they were deemed too powerful to have tons of? Considering the fast research and faster building - it'd be easy to spam em up. Ashigaru seem to only be good for keeping public order and allowing your samurai to flank - sounds kinda accurate.. <.<

A thing I was astounded by was the true fealty of my vassals. I kept trying to force them to turn on me so I could capture them, basically previously only used em as a honor farm. But nope, they stayed with me even though I brought them into tons of wars and marched their armies though my lands without turning on me and only attacking the enemy I told them to. Now that's a fantastic feature! They even kept my kid safe at Imagawa daycare This was truly missing in the original game, wonder how realm divide will affect em - assuming its still there, though I always hated it..

ShellShok's Avatar Foederatus

I play ETW now, but constantly thinking about RGM. Also sharing your name on russian forums as first person, who made the new generation of Artificial Intelligence. Never let your work out of sight, please continue.

Thanks for everything, i just finish update the Attila AI, i will try focus and finish RGM , its do however require massive work, to sort all of db component, probably take couple days to found problem, another couple days to test it, and if it pass then its will another several days to implement other stuff for other campaign as well, for example adding machine gun as garrison for city defense for FOTS campaign.

The task itself was huge and time consuming, its may take a month maybe more too finish it, since my work on attila and rome 2 mostly already done i think i can have much of free time focusing to finish RGM Mods again, thanks for your patience, anyways

Its appear i set wrong value to arrow, sorry for that

Its do require some balancing regarding fire rocket

Its mod policy, like it or not, the more agent you and ai have the more Japans turn into agent war

I setting price using imaginative value based on imaginative formula, its contain like weapon, armor, horse , etc ,etc, its do however not related with how many units he can beat, unless i set it like this, since the unit can beat 5 ashigaru then its prices will be 5x then ashigaru, but again its only mod created based on personal opinion so realism may seem far .

I play ETW now, but constantly thinking about RGM. Also sharing your name on russian forums as first person, who made the new generation of Artificial Intelligence. Never let your work out of sight, please continue.
    Thanks, if without your people support i already abandon this project, since we already have 2 game total war , 3 perhaps with upcoming warhammer

And yeah, I have opposite horror stories of using 700 ashigaru spearmen against a 40-80 general bodyguards and still failing. The best they can do is be killed to exhaust the enemy. And the walk towards catapult/rocket I think is a problem with the game itself, though I agree thats the best way to mow down half their army until the reach yours and something I found myself doing all of the time before my freeze. It does eventually get annoying but junaidi83 explained that during mid-late game when you get advanced units in larger quantity that the generals will be easier to deal with and harder to use yourself. Do remember though, that you've got an overpowered daimyo and hero unit as a great clan and only other great clans share this. So it's a great advantage in the start and affords the great clans themselves the higher survival rate they need to be able to be a strong and proper threat to you once you meet them.
    Ashigaru was cannon fodder actually, a sacrifical chess piece, no matter what its will be samurai class and hero that own the entire melee game, but with advance of musket ashigaru and other gunpowerder unit like fire rocket, the battle became steady into deadly skirmisher, which its will be very fool to realy on samurai alone, since its costly and take times to recruit, more faster recruit ashigaru or light samurai, rather elite.

Now imagine if spear ashigaru is capable to destroy samurai, what is use samurai then, in late game they are little effective compare teppo ashigaru, early game is the samurai era, about why some units is to powerfull then other, well that because when i created this mod, i bit under influence playing samurai warrior KOEI games, good games , like i said realism is off the grid

The mod itself focused on Improving Campaign AI as much as i can , its not realy focused on realism for info
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 10, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquish View Post
    Nice that you got to turn 62, I couldn't get past turn 30 with two plays and on both got the Morifreeze on both. Well, Juaidi83 is working on it

Just curious, what difficulty did you play and also - did you use the 40x unit savegames provided or just started a campaign normally?
    Seem God actually answered your prayer, just couple hours ago, i manage to past the CTD save game , at mori turn 29 to be precise, i think i finally found the the main problem is, while i still decided to update the mod,which will eat lot time , i think its should be wise to upload temporary fix, at least you guys able to continue your quest conquering Japan and Korea. Please download the RGM 7.7 Main fix, on download folder and DONT FORGET to DELETE RGM 7.6 PATCH from your Shogun 2 data folder (seem the source of random crash)
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 11, 2015 at 05:38 AM.

Icon4 Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

That's awesome! Great that you're working on it and even more so that we got an temporary fix and fast too! Thank you sooo much !

HOWEVER! the RGM_7.7_Main FIX (no shield) rar does not work, downloaded it multiple times but winrar insists its damaged and refuses to open it, the 7.7 WITH shield however does work. I played both saves without shields so I'm wary of going on ahead with em now <.<

And yus, about Ashigaru I too found it understandable, armorless and trainingless afterall. It just... takes sometime getting used to actually letting your general do all the work after thousands of total war gaming hours where you make sure your general unit sees as little battle as possible ! I'm sure that's how most people feel

Its save game compatible, you can switch shield on and off, i will look the problem and update its as fast as i can

How its feeling leading from front rather from back like usual , its bit heroic you know using you mighty daimyo leading the main charge crushing the opponent. But think may change when the AI start using fire rocket.

The next update probably release couple day from this will include multiple fix along several upgrade as well, i forgot to check, did the unit still disappear after siege defense battle ?

Its save game compatible, you can switch shield on and off, i will look the problem and update its as fast as i can

How its feeling leading from front rather from back like usual , its bit heroic you know using you mighty daimyo leading the main charge crushing the opponent. But think may change when the AI start using fire rocket.

The next update probably release couple day from this will include multiple fix along several upgrade as well, i forgot to check, did the unit still disappear after siege defense battle ?
    It does feel amazing like a whole different game, where you constantly sorta have to gamble by using your strongest unit that also contains the leader which so heavily invested in! And with time slower progressing, which I absolutely love! You get more attached to your generals as they live longer and due to slower age your family members become generals slower - all of this leads to you having to be more careful with your leaders as it's harder to replace em since its going slower. And the new skill tree allows you to specialize them far more which in turn gives more value to each and every one as oppose to maybe having one for defense and one for offense. It does feel heroic

And I really love that dilemma... Because as strong as they are if you eventually take a bite of something larger than you can eat, there's always the risk of the General/Daimyo being one of the ones to fall! So it's not like a normal unit you can just pull back when 20% remain, by then the Daimyo could've died already

I have tried to replace the old (RGM_7.7_Main) with RGM_7.7_Main FIX (no shield) you uploaded and remove RGM_7.6_Patch.pack sadly.. It did not help.. I tried to end the turn with both my Oda and Shimazu saves - got the Mori crash on both immediately as before.

Okay thanks for reporting, i already finish uploading new version RGM 7.7, in theory its should pass most of CTD, since i use the CTD save game and pass without problem, but i still not fix other bug like arrow, probabaly for next version 7.8. You can try it now, i hope CTD problem already gone since its take many painfull hours to tidy up the db file and i also test it and pass without problem , but who knows ?

Dont forget to delete Rgm 7.6 patch and rgm 7.6 Sub (its not needed anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquish View Post
    Sure thing!

Here's a zip with the turn 25 crash and turn 29. Included the autosave too just in case.

http://puu.sh/iIs3e/e44f17b062.rar
    i able to load 2 save game and pass mori crash without problem, one is auto save another one is turn 29, other save game turn 27 seem in my pc cant load the save game at all, dont know where the problem.

Auto save

Turn 29

Tested and proved , enjoy the game
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 11, 2015 at 06:35 PM.

Ah, I removed RGM 7.6 Sub too now. And used the new RGM_7.7_No_Shield aaaaand.... *drumroll* my Shimazu autosave did work for me too! fantastic work! And yeah, the other Oda Legendary Autosave did not work for me either. I will... Brave the game to see how far my conquest takes me now! Wish me luck

Oh yeah - I'm using default shogun mod manager that comes with the game itself officially meant steam workshop I think. It only lists core, no shield, music and sinfonia as toggle on/off but I'm pretty sure it loads all the others regardless as everything works such as loading screens.

Cheers, you rock!