View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

1.First make backup of Boot.pack and shader.pack from original, in case you want revert back to play other mods.
    2.Delete Shader.pack and boot.pack
    3.Just put all RGM.pack, shader pack,sound fix and boot.pack into shogun 2 data folder like usual mod installation
    5.Open your user script and just copy paste with my user.script
    6.You can run Sinfonia Semplice.exe (just google it) in case the sound bug still occurs.
    7.Remember you also can use new Mod manager from Mitch
    7.Done. Just go play, you will see RGM new screen picture,happy gaming
    Lets skip the user script, delete it now from your inventory, download mitch mod manager , install it, and run the mod using mod manager. I am pretty confident "things will not go wrong" from that
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Tried it, starts up and loads the first screen then it comes up with the message.

Error: Expecting keyword 'version'

Animations/BattleConfiguration/shogun_horse_rider_donderbuss_fragment.txt(1)

Dont understand where is the problem, sorry cant help it
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

ok no worries, can you explain how i find the shader pack file in shogun2/data

Its located on shogun 2 data , just find the one with name "shaders"

Some feedback after playing for a while.
    Seems like best mod here, but some notes:
    Archers who are standing by the wall (inside) are not firing at all.
    There can be battle like 150 yari ashigaru vs 28 general and general will kill 50 ashigarus without a single loss.
    Troops that had some losses (but not marked as dismissed) could disappear after defending a settlement. It's not happening if battle is outside
    If i delete shaders.pack, the game won't load. (there is no such file in your download folder)

I'm having some problems getting the mod to work. I wonder if you could help me. I made a video showing the steps I took to install the mod, so I'm hoping that you can tell me what I missed. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phKq...ature=youtu.be

That the price for having normal arrow shot like medieval 2 style, even i dont know the answer for this problem, but the good news since you or AI do bring siege catapult, i doubt you want put your archer close to the wall

There can be battle like 150 yari ashigaru vs 28 general and general will kill 50 ashigarus without a single loss.
    General unit only can be beaten by heavy spear unit, Hero, other General, Gun, Arrow, cannon, fire rocket and many more just pick your poison

Troops that had some losses (but not marked as dismissed) could disappear after defending a settlement. It's not happening if battle is outside
    Its a bug that cant be fixed, the only way to avoid it by never put your main troop inside castle, but rather put it behind castle so they can come as reinforcement and will not dimissed after battle. For garrison just put some of yari ashigaru it will provide enough control for population

If i delete shaders.pack, the game won't load. (there is no such file in your download folder)
    Strange its should be there , i will check my download folder again perhaps i forget to place it, thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by tokshen View Post
    I'm having some problems getting the mod to work. I wonder if you could help me. I made a video showing the steps I took to install the mod, so I'm hoping that you can tell me what I missed. Thanks!

Will do
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 29, 2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam2511 View Post
    Hi, looking forward to playing your mod. However, there doesn't seem to be a shader.pack in the download link? Any ideas??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemy View Post
    Some feedback after playing for a while.
    Seems like best mod here, but some notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by tokshen View Post

Okay okay, after take quick look, i do notice that i forget to add shader download link that explain why you Sir Tokshen got sudden blip in your monitor because the mod require specific shader for it to work (yeah its do increase fps though). Its also part of my mistake since i forget to put it during mod updated to Version 7.7. I already added updated download link you can find the shader part you all missing there.

For information 40 x units save game installation in your youtube was wrong ,the correct one was to put the save game into Shogun 2 save game folder that located on
    C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 29, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks for your help! The mod is now working

You welcome, enjoy the game

Thank you for response.
    Now everything is clear.
    General unit only can be beaten by heavy spear unit, Hero, other General, Gun, Arrow, cannon, fire rocket and many more just pick your poison
    Do you think it is realistic? Noticed that for example 20 samurai retainers can fight one by one with 100 naginata ashigarus without feeling uncomfortable by being outnumbered

Well the mod itself not have title of "Realism" about it, like i said before, i created the mod because i just want created KOEI Samurai Warrior extention into Shogun 2 game, and you know right that Samurai Warrior means 1 guys rampage through battle field, hehehehe , still like i said before, nothing is invicible, there are many that can break invisible warrior like arrow, gun, fire rocket, mortar, etc etc, and the AI definetly recruit it.

Also the battle order may different for example, usually you slip cavalry go into archer and that it, in RGM mod its gonna different, since couple Archer or some Gunner use spear which is very deadly to Horse type. Through campaign you will develop relationship with your Daimyo and your starting Hero , since you definitely rely them to aid you during conquest. Each faction have same Hero like you have, and soon you will meet them in battle field.

In later campaign you will find your invicible heroes and general starting to became weaker, since AI do recruit more sophiscated units , for example teppo, if you play it you notice that they do fire all rank at once, which make it very dangerous to any type of unit.Not mention heavy barrage of fire rocket.

Some other faction may have unique units, for example if you use unit that full pack of ninja, your stack can hide anywhere in campaign map, while you cant use general to lead them, since its realy act of dishonour, but you can make deadly trap to unaware foes, since you can ambush anywhere in plain sight.

Fantastic mod, I love it and as a big fan of dynasty warrior I appreciate the whole heroes and general units extreme power, even though it pisses me off most of the time since I'm still playing early.

However, I've encountered a problem.. It's that after I click end turn and wait for the A.I to do their things, my game freezes during Mori's turn. As in, the music plays and I see my mouse and can move it around but can't do anything. When I pull the game down I can't bring it back up and it says in the task manager its not responding... Any helps would be greatly appreciated ! I've tried to run DX9 with no success and I have made sure to get all the files and their latest versions from this mod as well as the performance patch and so on. I've finally tried loading earlier savegames, but nope still crash by Mori's turn... :c

Its glitch or rather you can CTD , during 7.7 Version i already fix most of CTD problem , but still some may still keep hidden to me, this thing happens in completely random turns, the good side its not permanent, so you may able to finish the campaign despite having CTD. The trick is to load the save game 3-5 turn before the crash happens. So try to make separate save game (you can do quick save or ctrl + S) every 3 or 5 turn.

The only negative side is you may need to repeat your action again during previous 3 turn. In late game its realy suck to repeat even 1 turn again doing the whole routine since there are many stuff happens during end turn. Hope my advice can help

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Its glitch or rather you can CTD , during 7.7 Version i already fix most of CTD problem , but still some may still keep hidden to me, this thing happens in completely random turns, the good side its not permanent, so you may able to finish the campaign despite having CTD. The trick is to load the save game 3-5 turn before the crash happens. So try to make separate save game (you can do quick save or ctrl + S) every 3 or 5 turn.

The only negative side is you may need to repeat your action again during previous 3 turn. In late game its realy suck to repeat even 1 turn again doing the whole routine since there are many stuff happens during end turn. Hope my advice can help
    Thanks for the quick respond. I'll try that and get back to you, I gotta ask though does the 40 x units save really matter? Since it's the only thing I'm not using. I have a top tier PC with all settings maxed but still lag when I zoom in during larger battles, especially during winter ones.

So... The first time I got Mori freeze at turn 29. I took a 5 turn earlier save, 23. Now I got Mori freeze at turn 25!

I've tried to verify steam files - redownload every little file related to the mod again and reapply/reinstall. Nothing's changed. I guess it could be because I started playing without shaders since you forgot it for 7.7 and I used vanilla instead, though the issue occured with it and applying your newly uploaded one didn't change a thing. I'll try a new game and see how long I can go - just need to know whenever the 40 x units is a must or not?

does the 40 x units save really matter?
    Its depend on your playstyle, actually 40 x units do have advantage, since the AI do bring single large army rather separated like usual, its do make big difference in battle for example.

So... The first time I got Mori freeze at turn 29. I took a 5 turn earlier save, 23. Now I got Mori freeze at turn 25!
    Can you send me the bug save game, if i have free time during this week i do plan to sort the mod problem especially related with CTD, also already plan to expand the mod to fots and rots campaign as well.

Sure thing!

Here's a zip with the turn 25 crash and turn 29. Included the autosave too just in case.

http://puu.sh/iIs3e/e44f17b062.rar

Thanks will try to sort the problem out