View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.6

Everyone is biting me everywhere. They are VERY opportunistic, declaring war as soon they can spot an undefended province. Luckily, I am kinda of a siege defense master (I wish I was at least competent at attack), so I can survive against pretty much everything. But yes, it is indeed way more aggressive, though no ally backstabbed me yet, for which I am grateful. So yeah, the campaign is pretty intense now, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    So the CAI part is work as i intended to able kick human player butt, glad you like it
    Honestly Shogun 2 AI still inferior compare with ROME II AI, i cant implement all i learn from modding AI on ROME II into Shogun 2 since there is engine restriction for AI, if you also play Rome II you can check my AI on here.

Edit: I must add, though, that as much aggressive they are, they will usually try to peace out as soon as they see they can't win the war, or the conflict dragged for too long. Still, didn't find anyone trying to make alliances and just being friendly. But I am an warmongering Oda (is there any other kind?), so not really surprising.
    Well its logical thinking, if we cant win a war why continue, better wait another chance and rebuild right
    They will build alliances with other AI,depend on who will benefit for them, the question is, are you have something important for them ? Trust me when AI offer Alliances to human players, mostly its will drag human to his war. Think like intrigue and politic, will you serve AI benefit or will AI serve your goal ? The politic atmosphere in RGM is quite thick

Now, I must talk about a unit, the Light Cavalry specifically. According to their description, they are samurai warriors, but are MUCH inferior to mounted ashigaru. Maybe you should consider revamping their stats a bit?
    No i think you have some misunderstanding here, look the light cav samurai real units stats in custom battle

Now lets compare with Yari Cav and Katana Cav

See Light Samurai Cav is still superior

I think the problem is you look the stats on my encylopedia right ? Dont look, its wrong dont use that value, since i am to lazy to fix it

If you use my enyclopedia, some of stats in its description maybe correct maybe wrong i forgot already which one is right, but the picture and units description is mine

All units stats for shogun 2 Main Campaign including korea is already readjust and rebalance, the only units stats i not touch is Ming Faction since still waiting Imijin Mod update and make Ming into Playable faction. Hope its clear everything
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I just hope they eventually open up the AIs soon so you guys can mod even further, as they may or may not keep working on expansions for Shogun. Let's wait and see what can be done.

I noticed there are some other differences between your mod and the original Radious (at least what I could catch). While other clans would require at least an Archery Dojo level 2 to train their samurai and a level 3 to train their Daikyu, the Chokosabe can train all of them in a level 1, with the other levels increasing the experience of the recruited troops (as, of course, Garrison numbers and quality). Checking other clans, I also CLEARLY remember that there were no new "[clan name] <unit>" on the original radious, like, for example, the Shimazu Tachi Samurai. Being an higher tier unit, it increases even further the value of the clan special characteristics, and I approve it.

I am pretty sure this is your doing, unless Radious updated and I am not aware. In that case, may I ask why you didn't added clan special light samurai, or Otomo Arquebusier Samurai, or various Hattori Ninjas besides the Kisho?

PS: I really liked what you did to Ikko Ikki. They don't have significant recruitable samurais, as it should be (though they had a bit), and have some clan special monk units, but not all, unlike Uesugi. But I am afraid this might give then an unfair advantage? Maybe you should consider an Ikko Ikki Yari and NoDashi Monk who, like their original clan specials, are slightly cheaper?

Edit: Also, are the anti infantry/anti cavalry bonus of the weapons the same as vanilla? Tachi have the same bonuses as katana, and heavy sword, none, like the no dachi?
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; January 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM.

Nah to many custom unit, mean i need updated the encylopedia, rebalance units stats, readjust his recruitment,and many thing else, believe me for every single 1 unit you add, there is price you must pay, in short resume "i am bit to lazy"

About anti cav bonus, for every unit that hold weapon have certain anti cav bonus, the more elite the bigger the bonus, but if you want to finish cav faster nothing beat arrow and bullet,archer units practicaly is anti cav units, since from lesser samurai to elite will carry spear,but they still weaker then true spear wielding, and you can still do huge damage if you able to flank them properly.

For garrison i just redo all radious garrison and replace with mine, each building you created will give you certain garrison unit, the higher the building the better unit quality, so if you try siege city that have lvl 4 building you will be suprise you face very strong elite units.Its give you mixed feeling since every town you will capture have different garrison army composition, you even will encounter "Hero" if you siege city that have legendary building
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

I understand your point. Do it on your own pace. Where you have done untill now, it is great, and I have nothing to complain about, just keep up the good work.

Now, finally, it came to my attention that the guy did the custom historic daimyo models (that is present on your mod) also happens to have an selection cards mod, probably recently updated. It is done on the same style as the vanilla shogun cards. Since is the same guy, maybe would be worthwhile to ask his permission to implement that?

Will do when i have spare time , do you mean BullGod ? Since if him i think i already use the most updated version, but probably you talking someone else, just wrote his name and his mod and i see what i can do

It was bullgod's, just another of his mods. Anyways... hat 20 garrison thing. So first time I experience the 20 units bug. Playing as Ikko Ikki. Their castles are clumped together so, right after I invade a castle and was working on the conversion, the enemy decides to attack. Lost my Hatamoto Sohei and other units. Oh boy. I hope you find a fix for this soon. Losing my heroes ruined my will to keep going on with the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Will do when i have spare time , do you mean BullGod ? Since if him i think i already use the most updated version, but probably you talking someone else, just wrote his name and his mod and i see what i can do
    Hi, I'm wondering, where is the latest shaders.pack? It is not included in your files and so your mod does not work correctly...... there are many weird textures and colors/meshes messed up for the daimyos/lords such as when you are choosing who to play for the shogun 2 campaign, which this mod replaces......

I think someone asked before where the shaders.pack is? If I delete shaders.pack and do not replace it with anything, the came just refuses to start/crashes

Quote Originally Posted by shinsasaki View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering, where is the latest shaders.pack? It is not included in your files and so your mod does not work correctly...... there are many weird textures and colors/meshes messed up for the daimyos/lords such as when you are choosing who to play for the shogun 2 campaign, which this mod replaces......

I think someone asked before where the shaders.pack is? If I delete shaders.pack and do not replace it with anything, the came just refuses to start/crashes
    Oh right thanks for remind me, in case i forget to put shader pack , i already uploaded it again, just check the main rgm download, about weird textures for daimyo on clans selection campaign, its just a bug, that you can ignore it, since its only effect on campaign selection screen, but the rest in battle or campaign its okay, hope it can help

Well, so far, this sucks, i cant even download RGM_7.6_Core!
    .... it just doesnt let me donwload it...

Quote Originally Posted by karanora View Post
    Well, so far, this sucks, i cant even download RGM_7.6_Core!
    .... it just doesnt let me donwload it...
    Realy ? i dont know media fire doesnt allow you to download it ??? i just check before and its work well , dont see the problem, try download again this time

Well, , i cant, the patcha os supposed to give me some numbers and letters, but gives me nothing and its all red...
    Do you have an other way to uploaded?
    Or, its important to have all downloads to the mod is working?

Yep you need all of them to work, dont know mate i just download on media fire like fine, no one complain only you , sorry upload request not be granted. Just create new id for media fire its should fine

Hellu! I took your arrow system, really nice how now you can use the archers. But i have a problem and it may be happening here, the archers wont shoot over a castle wall. Any idea why? pd: i want to use that big cannon this mod have also XD

Yeah that the problem the archer that you line on castle wall mostly will not shot, as long they stick to line up on wall, but if you separate between archer and wall they do shoot, the problem ? maybe regarding arrow trajectory ? Solution either you create new ability that use lob arrow (which will cause the problem since i doubt ai will use it) or you try to experiment with trajectory value in hope it will work as you see fit.

About cannon its belong weirdoacensor, you can ask his permission, just look his steam name on here , if you ask my opinion, i realy dont mind at all just use what you think you can use from my mod, good luck with your modding project

I noticed it can be pretty challenging to keep your economy running when you start expanding and really can't afford bigger garrisons just for the markets or the grow penalty because of the sake den. Any tips on that?

My advice is pick carefully province that you want to develop, for example if you see this province have something that can boost economy like port or gold mine, or building that increase tax, its worthy the effort to develop market chain here, you can counter the negative public order with temple chain.

The sake den chain is usefull to some province that actually poor in economy,and you want to boost its with minimal effort,only the side effect its will ruin the town growth

Developing province in RGM is quite tricky, the key is, dont develop all your original province into equal with your food stock since when you capture AI province wich i believe is already heavy upgrade, its will eat your food stock, unless you want to raze all bulding.Most RGM feature almost represent what ROME 2 have

The tips : Dont develop all your province, just pick wich important for you, to develop military,and economy, also you must reconsider the strategic location, you dont want develop province near enemy border. You also must keep the balance between investing in developing your own Clan vs maintain your army number.There is no use have all province develop in the cost your military became weak.

oda nobunaga was categorized as normal general? awww whyyy.

i like this mod very much. thx for bringing another lv on the shogun 2 juned.

i hope u can make every named general have OP bodyguard and ofcourse make more playable clan (I love akechi). and bug of archer on the wall made defend so difficult.

but still i like this mod.

oda nobunaga was categorized as normal general? awww whyyy.
    Sorry mate, i am quite dumb about editing stat post, i already plan it like you said but after reconsider again,i must scrap the idea, maybe i try again, maybe its work this time

i like this mod very much. thx for bringing another lv on the shogun 2 juned.
    You welcome mate

bug of archer on the wall made defend so difficult.but still i like this mod.
    Its easy anyway, just move your archer not to stick into wall like usual they will shoot enemy, the problem is more like ai that didnt know how to move his archer not to stick with wall,but luckly AI dont spam range unit to much

i am rooting for you dude. hope you can make the right script for that. and may you can add "recruitable general" mod. ofcourse with limitation like 1 general every one town and will be stop at 15 general max.