View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.6

Okay this is... unusual. My game didn't generated an User Script, even after running it with a mod. Do I need to create it manually now or, since the mod is updated, I just put the files there and run it with the mod manager?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hmm just barely finish uploading it today, feel free to become first customer.

Yep its should work without problem with steam manager, if not working then we can use the script way, dont evertyhing already in neat box ready to download ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 13, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

IT LIVES!

Finally made it work (the performance and sound mod for the FIRST TIME, too!), and already seems quite interesting. The Radious units are there, and so is the Radious combat, in which ranged units can actually do something. Quite excited for this mod, I must say.

Now, how do you play as Korea on Imijin again?

Edit: And there are garrisons on Genpei and FoTS, or is just BAI/CAI there?
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; January 13, 2015 at 04:33 PM.

Just open tutorial campaign to play as korea, about fots and genpei, i only support BAI and CAI, other cosmetic mod like building, custom unit, gameplay mechanic will use default vanilla setting, you can find many custom unit, just pick which one you like.

Try play each campaign, and you can see yourself did the CAI actually more better, or its just placebo effect
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 14, 2015 at 12:14 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

The combat is way more challenging. Before I could flank an enemy as if it was no one's business. Now, unless I have an numerical advantage, that is not happening. Also, the Ashigaru, unless they are loan swords, will hardly cause any damage to an samurai, maybe unless they are the light ones. But that's Radious, so nothing you can do about it.

Now, what you can do about is the fact that even the non-heroic generals are ridiculously resistant in battle. I can face them with ashigaru, samurai spearmen, anything, and they just refuse to die to anything but my heroic generals. This is kinda ridiculous. They by no means can win an battle by themselves, and the moral will eventually drop, but still...

The campaign got significantly challenging too. Whenever an clan feel confident about its forces, it will wage war on you... though, as soon they scout your territory and find your full stack of samurai, they will ask for peace. Well... I must say it is better than omniscient AI, and preferable too, but still it is silly and I laugh my ass out whenever I get an vassal for that.

In general, it is pretty great. It runs smoothly, specially with the performance mod, and feels even better than the original Radious. Great mod.

Now, a question: the Ming Dynasty appear both on the turn queue and custom battle but... the only place where they could be, Korea, is completely dominated by the Koreans. So, where are they? Do they appear as an event, like an invasion force to curb down the somewhat too big Korea?

Thanks you if you like this mod

The units model is Radious, the stats is mine, ashigaru only work well again other ashigaru.Since its not realy easy to recruit Samurai units.
    If you want decimate elite unit like general or hero, try not counter them using melee bring range unit instead like gun and bow or maybe ninja,trust me its drop faster,general units is semi hero, you can only beat him in melee, using another general,hero or elite unit, its bring joy actually looking your general wreak havoc in battle rather 40 units morron that nothing important as only figure icon like 18 century Europe General on white horse.Only Daimyo can use rally ability to make its realy important, normal general is just a bunch of strong men lead by Skilled warrior, that his purpouse to lead his men from front, not from behind. Honestly when i created this mod i get to much influenced by Dynasty Warrior

Its also improved AI as well, since general hard to kill mean no more kill general the rest will fall, its still work if you manage to kill the general unit via range attack.But at least its more harder to achieve that simple and easy method, flank the enemy touch their general and they will die, their army shock,and start routing, and mass murder is happening,despite actually their have numerical advantage over you

If they think they cant beat you now, what more better then peace and become vassal bidding the time to wage war when the time is come.Rather destroyed utterly. The CAI part is the most Aggresive Shogun 2 maximum can be achieved, try play other mod similiar campaign, i doubt you will get same experience on Campaign AI

About Ming, this mod is using what Imijin mod have for the present, ming is simply just one tiny faction there is no china map yet released by Sir Uanime5. They already in game but cant recruit or anything. When the Imijin mod updated, this mod will also updated.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 14, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

I thank you for clarifying the matter of the Ashigaru. I still have the old impulse of "spearmen about to reach my general? Dismount and pray", but after seeing how much those bastards can take, I believe I will make an more active use of them in battle from now on. Specially the Daimyo. That guy jump on an Samurai formation and make short work of them as if they were conscripted peasants. Incredible.

But now thinking about it... superhuman generals, heroes for all factions, basic warriors can't even touch them... well, I believe this is Shogun 2: Samurai Warriors edition!

Kudos on the work, man. Keep up improving this game, because apparently Sega abandoned it. I am not even sure if Mongol Invasion will happen...

You are correct Sir, just think its like Samurai Warrior Koei
    Still even they are almost they have superb martial skill, its doesnt mean they invisible again gun powder and rocket, believe me, when the AI starting recruit fire rocket units, your will feel precious to put Your Daimyo into front line , considering they are not recruitable anymore.But at least you can feel like playing Samurai Warrior when your Daimyo unit lead your great army from front, charging and masacre anyone who oppose him like in old good Samurai Warrior game, i doubt you will find this experince in other mod

I also already update the music mod, you should check it out . Thanks for the playing
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 14, 2015 at 03:53 PM.

I got a bug ! A lot of unit randomly disappear after a battle.

This is before: http://i.imgur.com/c9PeaZa.png

And after success battle only few left :http://i.imgur.com/wvayP3L.png

I don't know what happen, pls help !

Hello, can you tell me how to disable "40 unit x save" ? Because with "more than 20 unit in the caste" bug, I can't play game like that

Quote Originally Posted by thongsonhai View Post
    Hello, can you tell me how to disable "40 unit x save" ? Because with "more than 20 unit in the caste" bug, I can't play game like that
    I dont release the 40 x units save for RGM 7.6 version already, what are you talking about ???
    If you use 40 x unit save from RGM 7.4/7.5 version, its simple actualy to avoid the bug which only effect human player just drop your main army outside the castle, and put them behind so they can work as reinforcement units, which is elegant way to counter the bug,If you just conquer "new castle" try dont use ctrl + A on unit inside the castle since it will lead into crash, you can use ctr / shift (i forget which one) to select unit one by one to move it outside the castle. You can use ctrl +A if your unit outside the castle.Hope its can help your game progress.

I don't know what is "40 unit x save" because you mention it in #1 post. So i thing i'm using that

I can only put 8 slot unit in the castle, every slot more than 8 will be disappear if AI attack my castle. Also I i put he main army outside, it come very late, so it's not help much for defending my castle.

I tried "radious garrison mod" and it not cause any bug issues if I put full stack unit inside the castle. I hope that mod will help you fix this bug.
    Btw, I really love the rest of your mod, i feel like play a new total war game

Thanks for the input i will look "radious garrison mod" and see what can i learn for
    I can only put 8 slot unit in the castle, every slot more than 8 will be disappear
    The easy way, to see did your unit vanish or not, first you must calculate how many garrison unit inside building + real unit = under 20, its should be fine, trust me, when AI actualy bring siege catapult, you dont want put all unit inside castle since its mean your unit will be trapped and your castle that support to protect you, convert into killing zone since AI will bombard you

Thank the the advise!

I got CTD too (so unlucky) . In turn 22, after other clans finish their move, game crash message appear. I tried to do different action, attacking, retreat, move army,... but it's all useless.
    Do you have any solution for this ? I can load another save, but i scare it will happen again.

Yeah the CTD is something that plague my mod so far since its random, not permanent one, i realy dont know how and where to fix it
    But i manage to play the campaign until end the secret is i made different save every 4 - 5 turn, so if you have save game on turn 8, and turn 4, if on turn 9,10,11or 12 got crash, i will load again on turn 8, if the crash still permanent on certain turn say its always crash on turn 10, then i just load the save game on turn 4, and mostly i can pass CTD without problem

The problem is sometimes i need to repeat certain turn, and its realy boring and mundane job doing something over and over again, you know how many thing you must redo between 5 turn like battle,diplomacy, recruit,construction,etc,etc,

The good news this CTD only happens mostly under 1-3 for every campaign you play. Sometimes i get ctd until i got turn 88, so cant predict on what turn its will be CTD, if your patience and carefull enough you can pass this god damn plague of CTD

Most notable faction that got CTD is like Date, but i managed to play until the end
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 16, 2015 at 06:00 AM.

It's ok if i got CTD 1 ~ 3 times, I hope it not happen frequently

Good luck and have fun, enjoy the mod mate

My first siege defense against huge odds. Two minor Oda generals and two ashigaru units (don't recall which) plus garrison against an 20 strong stack from Tokugawa with the Daimyo, two Generals, a handful of samurai and their ninja heroes. First off, I would like to say that the samurai retrainers are EXTREMELY powerfull, at least on defense. Those guys can hold their own against the ninjas and, later, the daimyo without any problem, not losing more than 70% of their numbers. Second, archers are, indeed, the best option to take care of the pumped up generals. Even the ashigaru archers, at each volley, could chip off 4 to 6 members of the daimyo guard, which, given their stats, is not something to laugh at. The generals also did an good work, but the lack of space to move them to an better angle and critical mass... well... the Ashigaru did most of the work. Third off, the "last resource" of sending the generals to climb the walls was actually the HARDEST part of the battle, and where I had most of my loses. It costed me one of the two generals, but given how much it costed them, I say it was worth it. With that, I believe that STARTING the assault with the daymio and generals might be an good idea on sieges, though, as I said, archers can actually kill them, unlike melee infantry that barely harms. I may do some tests as Otomo to see how guns will fare...

Well, I would like to check your sources for the ashigaru shields? I mean, it makes sense, the samurai could afford the heavy helmets to protect them, but the ashigaru were expected to fight in formation with (sometimes literally) paper armor without any protection against arrows? I really want to read it.

Hmm seem the first siege defense actualy quite intense and bloody battle, and its just first, believe me, when AI starting recruit fire rocket,gun,cannon,mortar,catapults, its even more intense then this

No matter how hero almost invisible in melee, they still die on bullet or arrow like the rest of ashigaru since they just normal human after all, consider the last resource of sending general to climb the wall is the final wave, imagine if AI actualy bring 3-5 general which is not uncommon, i think its should send human player into panic considering even you can beat the underlings, you still need to stave off the boss .
    You should save arrow and bullet for this bastard

About shield its all depend on your perception some guys dont like shield, some like me like it, its all depend on how you view something

How do you think about Campaign AI ??? I bit curious about this
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 16, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Everyone is biting me everywhere. They are VERY opportunistic, declaring war as soon they can spot an undefended province. Luckily, I am kinda of a siege defense master (I wish I was at least competent at attack), so I can survive against pretty much everything. But yes, it is indeed way more aggressive, though no ally backstabbed me yet, for which I am grateful. So yeah, the campaign is pretty intense now, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Now, I must talk about a unit, the Light Cavalry specifically. According to their description, they are samurai warriors, but are MUCH inferior to mounted ashigaru. Maybe you should consider revamping their stats a bit?

Edit: I must add, though, that as much aggressive they are, they will usually try to peace out as soon as they see they can't win the war, or the conflict dragged for too long. Still, didn't find anyone trying to make alliances and just being friendly. But I am an warmongering Oda (is there any other kind?), so not really surprising.
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; January 16, 2015 at 09:59 PM.