Thread: Unit animation lag only in large battles

Default Unit animation lag only in large battles

If I fight a super large battle some weird things happen. My frame-rates are smooth but the animations of the units are skippy. I'ts really odd and hard to describe. I'm hesitant to call it lag because it is just the unit animations. The camera pans smooth as your grandmas silk sheets (don't ask how I know about your grandmas sheets, you may become bias and not want to help me).

I've never experienced this particular type of lag in a game before. It only happens when there are a large number of armies on screen obvously (like quadruple stacks total) but lowering the effects doesn't seem to help. I have heard this issue mentioned before so I'm wondering if it is perhaps a CA bug. Anyone have any tips or tricks regarding this? Hell, if there is even someone out there that knows what I'm talking about that would be nice to know.

My specs shouldn't be a problem: Intel i5-4670k OC'd at 4.4GHZ, MSI GD65 Gaming MOBO, 8 gb vengeance 2333hz RAM, Nvidia GTX 770 with 4 gb VRAM, 64 bit Windows 8.1, 800 Watt Thermaltake PSU, Samsung Evo 840 SSD, Western Digital 250gb traditional HDD

Any help on this would be wonderful! Always a pleasure total war community, I hope to hear from your wise council soon.

Default Re: Unit animation lag only in large battles

I have recentley started experiencing this 'stutter' in battles. CA are aware of it and have asked for examples of DXDIAG and save games to try and resolve it.

]Total War: ROME II - General discussion[Total War: ROME II Support Forum]
    Single Player Battle Issues
    [In Process B] Weird lag happening at Large battles

Foederatus

Me too, i can move the camera freely without lag but the units are slow and acting weird

Yeah, this is happening to me as well.

My Specs are:
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    8GB Ram
    Intel i7 4770K CPU
    Matrix HD Radeon 7970
    250 GB Samsung SSD
    2TB WD Caviar Black HDD
    Gigabyte 787X-UD3H ATX Motherboard
    OCZ ZX 850w PSU

So really it should be running fine, and it is apart from those really annoying unit animation lag/stutters

Anyone find any fix for this issue? It hadn't happened to me in a while but it did it again just now. Damn!