Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The pathfinding in this game really needs work

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Default Re: The pathfinding in this game really needs work

Quote Originally Posted by karamazovmm View Post
    interesting enough you are incorrect.

if you issue and attack order for a ranged unit it won't matter the mode, it will pursue the unit, thats how it works, and it works the same way for melee units, and this is true for tw I have played.

However... when you issue guard mode and the ranged unit starts shooting because someone entered their range, they will still be there at that spot and this is mimicked by the melee units as well.

unless my favourite tactic in m2tw changed a lot last time I played, and clearly that game doesn't use warscape.

In ETW a unit that is instructed by the player to attack in melee mode regardless of its stance will not pursue that enemy unit if that enemy unit routs, it makes no difference if you have guard mode on or off.

If a ranged unit attacks it will pursue that enemy unit even if that enemy unit routs, it makes no difference if guard mode is on or off.

In RTW1 a ranged unit that is in guard mode and is ordered to make a ranged attack will not pursue that enemy unit if that enemy unit routs it will only do so if you have guard mode off.

Just tested this, I am not sure about MTW2

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    I'd rather they just release more factions to purchase. Helps cover up the core elements and keep my mind off the flaws.
    Couldn't have said it better ^^

what i dont understand is the siege AI. Why dont they reuse towers & ladders and why are they content with trying to mash thousands of units through a gate when there are already several ladders at the walls.....in R1 this wasnt a problem & that game was created 10 years ago

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by King Lars Porcena View Post
    in R1 this wasnt a problem & that game was created 10 years ago
    Ten years ago, they had a good AI programmer. The current one is either not good enough or overstrained.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Pathfinding has blown since they switched to 3D maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by King Lars Porcena View Post
    what i dont understand is the siege AI. Why dont they reuse towers & ladders and why are they content with trying to mash thousands of units through a gate when there are already several ladders at the walls.....in R1 this wasnt a problem & that game was created 10 years ago
    You sum up my feelings since like- Empire!

however, it looks like they`ve employed a new AI programmer (wasn`t that one on utube voluntarily dismissed?). There has actually been a sudden improvement to the siege AI in the 14 bta patch, at least from my testing. Now all they need do is remove the torches...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12