Thread: Testing the money stuff changes

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Testing the money stuff changes

I have been tweaking and fiddling with the money issues (not enough trade, AI stack spams) a bit and if someone would like to give it a go then you can download the files here (updated, see post #3). It's not save game compatible so you will have to start a new campaign.
    - descr_campaign_script goes into the ...\Three_Kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder
    - descr_settlement_mechanics goes into the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Three_Kingdoms\data folder

I have done the following:
    - increased farm income
    - increased trade income
    - reduced tax income
    - added a money control script for the AI which increases\decreases the king's purse according to the AIs income.

Comments and suggestions are more then welcome.updated the download
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 06, 2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: updated the download

Default Re: Testing the money stuff changes

Game crashes when starting a new campaign

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ooops.

Only the script can cause a crash and it's working in my version. Can you provide a trace log please?

Edit: silly me, I uploaded the latest, reworked script with Germanicu5's AI script - no wonder it crashed. I updated the download by using the campaign script from the Quick Fixes and added the money control script part to it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 06, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

I've just reinstalled the mod and put this up.I'm going to give some feedback after i'll play a bit around with it.

ok got it to work and am going to test it tonight

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

AI finances are looking much better. There were a couple factions that went up to around 200,000 but they came down pretty quickly and all the factions have been 20,000 and less since. I do think trade needs to be looked at. I replied about the principle of diminishing returns here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-trade-value. Also, there was a time when I went to upgrade one of the temples (it had +1 to farm productivity) and it showed a decrease in farm income if I did the upgrade. I'm not sure if it was just that one upgrade or if it would be any temple with a +1 to it. I had already built the farms up to a point where they were giving +3, so maybe it was overriding the +3 with the +1? I think it was in the wooden temple line.