Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP - Beta v0.8.3 downloadable - 3rd of December 2014

Many thanks for your kind words. I still think there's some work to do on the Muslim factions rosters. For now, I'm working on the animations and I'll carry on with the Muslim factions rosters.
    Regarding the unit card, I agree but it takes time to re-do all of them.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I cannot download the soundfix descr_sounds_accents.txt on file-upload(dot)net because my anti-virus deny the access after I press "download". Can someone upload another link with the file, please? ;_______;

Blog Entries

There are already 2 links. One of them should work. Have you tried both?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdecipher View Post
    I cannot download the soundfix descr_sounds_accents.txt on file-upload(dot)net because my anti-virus deny the access after I press "download". Can someone upload another link with the file, please? ;_______;
    ...I'm an idiot. I din't see the other link.

Blog Entries

No, mistake is a human's thing
    No worries.

Cool, thanks for the help!

My only other major problem I've seen is that when trying to recruit Knights Hospitaller (the mounted ones that take 5 turns) the game will auto-dump them from the recruitment slot before they're finished training. This isn't a reputation thing, I can still recruit them and their foot knights, it just acts like I left-clicked on them and ended the training early, when I obviously did not. Very frustrating.

I am also wonder if, in future releases, the turn years will be longer? There are all kinds of wonderful units that 2 turns per year never gets us to. I've been playing as France, and around 200 turns in (so around 1250 AD or so), I've basically won, and the only real new unit I've gotten to experience is Feudal Foot Knights. If there's a way it could be included as an option to either 1. have a Late Era start, or 2. have 1.5 years per turn as in the original game, that would be great. The 6-month turns are a lot of fun, but when you have 500 years to cover, it's mind-bogglingly slow.

Unless there's a way I can do this now with the file I have. If you could tell me how to do that I would be eternally grateful.

Lategame campaign will be adressed somewhere in the future eventually. In the nearer future, the whole not getting new units the first 200 turns thing will be adressed and adjusted a bit. Sadly, the period between 1200 and 1300 was dominated by feudal knights, and most of the interesting units turn up at/after 1300 historically.. So we don't have that many options, but we will be trying to make things more diverse and interesting.
    By the way, I would like to see your campaign map and how you "won" and how difficult it was.

Never heard of that particular problem with hospitallers. But I will check that.

You could do this but without modding/scripting knowledge it will be a bit difficult and possibly errors will occur..

I can't get either one of these links to successfully download. Does anyone have a suggestions? I have SS downloaded fine with dozens of hours on it.

Blog Entries

They all seem to work for me. You can't download or the download stops at some stage?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 10, 2015 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    They all seem to work for me. You can't download or the download stops at some stage?
    The latter. Specifically around 16-18 percent it gets stuck. I got SS and TW+MoS downloaded fine which makes me suspect the link not my computer but if there could be something else causing it I am all ears. Occurred on both Mozilla and Safari.

fatihkrmn's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy the Wiz View Post
    My only other major problem I've seen is that when trying to recruit Knights Hospitaller (the mounted ones that take 5 turns) the game will auto-dump them from the recruitment slot before they're finished training. This isn't a reputation thing, I can still recruit them and their foot knights, it just acts like I left-clicked on them and ended the training early, when I obviously did not. Very frustrating.
    same problem here, and a question, what are the requirements for recruit templars/hospitallers? i'm building a chapter house, they are available, another turn they are gone. later, available again...is it a bug or my faction does not fit the requirements sometimes?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by fatihkrmn View Post
    same problem here, and a question, what are the requirements for recruit templars/hospitallers? i'm building a chapter house, they are available, another turn they are gone. later, available again...is it a bug or my faction does not fit the requirements sometimes?
    The requirement is based on the global reputation system. You need to be reputable enough to recruit them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    The latter. Specifically around 16-18 percent it gets stuck. I got SS and TW+MoS downloaded fine which makes me suspect the link not my computer but if there could be something else causing it I am all ears. Occurred on both Mozilla and Safari.
    I don't know Safari but I use Mozilla without any problem. May be you should try with Google Chrome. I read somewhere that it's better for download from Mega.

I'll give it a try on chrome and let you know.

fatihkrmn's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    The requirement is based on the global reputation system. You need to be reputable enough to recruit them.
    So, which factors affect global reputation? How can i increase it?

Blog Entries

Release prisoners, do not make war with other factions if possible, offer presents (money), etc...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by fatihkrmn View Post
    So, which factors affect global reputation? How can i increase it?
    Be a nice guy.

For when the next version of SSHIP?(v0.8.4 )
    I would like that it had many advantages respect to the ancient version and it was released as soon as posible, thanks for your labor in this mod.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    For when the next version of SSHIP?(v0.8.4 )
    I would like that it had many advantages respect to the ancient version and it was released as soon as posible, thanks for your labor in this mod.
    When it's done. Which will be soon.

0.8.3 is not 'ancient', it's only a few months old...

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    When it's done. Which will be soon.

0.8.3 is not 'ancient', it's only a few months old...
    Ok thank you,and can you tell me about the date of its release?and can you tell me information about characteres of the new mod?