Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18435859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1465

Thread: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Your report on having no teenager trait in the last patch is very strange. I can't see any reason for it.
    My first teenager was a foreign general that I married to my princess. I thought it's weird he had no teenager trait, although he was 16. My best guess at the time was that teenager trait is only generated for teenagers born and raised in your own nation, while AI nations don't have this trait on their kids. So I shrugged and proceeded to play.

But then my own kids came to an age, and none of them had the trait. Could it be the game considers my teenagers to be AI teenagers, since my first one had no trait?

When you released your latest patch, I did a clean install, not just applied it on top of the previous one. However, I'm using a "sub-mod" (more like a mini-script) switching the pace to 4 TPY instead of 2 TPY. Got it from here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15410375
    Only the base script, no events/traits/movement speed, nothing else. It always worked like a charm with SSHIP, never had a single issue before. I don't think it's the cause of the issue, but just in case.

Anyway, no need to bother about teenager trait - it's just a minor weirdness. The educational system works, and I never thought about this solution:
    The kids should have intelligent parents
    Yep, that solves the rest of my problems. Thanks.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    Very interesting feature, I think it's very good. This mod is amazing, great work !

However, about the music... say that i want to change the frontend track of SSHIP main menu, but I can't change It... I went on data/sounds/music I tried to overwrite frontend with the track I wanted to put (it's only for my personal use, so no mods or copyright things)... but however when I launch SSHIP unfortunately the main menu track won't change even though I overwrited the frontend music file with the track I put.... I even deleted the original track on the list but it still shows up in menu, how to do that?
    Check the Workshop. I'm sure you'll find something useful in there
    We usualy don't answer to modding related questions here as that's the purpose of the Workshop actually.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

I believe someone suggested to nerf the merchants by making them availiable only in high-tier buildings/cities. I believe it's the right thing to do. Both for reducing annoying merchant micro, and making the general experience more challenging. I'm getting more income from merchants than from all other sources combined.

I'm wasting gold left and right, both on units and diplomatic gifts, and still have more than enough. Granted, there was a period when I lost 200k in a just few turns, when all my merchants died of old age almost simulatiously, during an ongoing war, then a plague struck my major settlements. I survived on negative balance, going from №1 financial power to the very bottom. That was not... pleasant. But when my freshly recruited merchants reached the sweet spots, it was all fine and dandy again.

Anyway, a question: what are exact requirements for Hansaetic League buildings? I got a message that they are availiable in all Baltic towns 40-something turns ago. Well... I own all of Baltic towns. I see no such buildings, can't even find them in building browser.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Lurker: could you tell us 1. what difficulty you've been playing, 2. whether you've played the battles yourself, 3. have you received any guilds, 4. have you noticed the trait "Coward" appearing often?

Merchants: putting a limit on their number has been in the plan for a very long time. It's probably going to be the next thing I'll be busy with.
    However, you've got extremely high values of the merchant income, I haven't seen such before.

Hanseatic League: it's a guild so you need to have no guild in your settlement, have a port, collect a number of points to receive one, and also got to the level of a large town.
    However, the interesting thing is you don't see them in the building browser. I think you should have it, I think. I don't know why they're not there.

Deranged - actually I've been working on it recently. It's related mainly to the the battles. You shouldn't get it out of the blue.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 10, 2020 at 12:33 AM.

1. I played Hard/Hard. Thought I was too rusty for VH/VH, but apparently not. If I start another campaign, I'll go VH/VH with some house rules regarding merchants to make it more challenging.

2. Yes, I played all the battles myself. Honestly, it made things worse for me. Most of my battles were against brigands, since I didn't get a lot of wars, so I was trying to follow your advice: fight against all odds. Sent generals bodyguards, sometimes accompanied by a single horse archer unit, to get heroic victories. As a result, most of my generals got Twisted by Violence trait (Hardened to Battle evolves into TbV in just a turn or two). Furthermore, higher military training (general or commander-in-chief) lowers loyalty.

3. Only merchant guilds. In Polots (tier 2), Novgorod (tier 1), Pskov (tier 1). Captured Poland's settlement with Master Archer Guild and Mason's Guild. That's it.

4. Not as often as it was before latest patch. However, in my game idle generals received Faltering Courage for no reason. Especially teenagers who were going through education and had no opportunity to participate in battle. Some idle generals too. I also noticed it's incredibly hard to get rid of Faltering Courage - not even heroic victories, when a general disposes of a brigand stack on his own, can guarantee this trait to go away. I had quite a few Faltering Courage + Twisted by Violence generals, which hardly makes sense for me.

On merchants: trade agreements provide 30% income boost from resources that are located within nation that you have agreement with. Some nations have certain resources in high demand (for Novgorod it's spices from Byzantium, silver from anywhere, amber from Twangste region, linen from France). Each resource from this list brings you stupid amount of gold. Merchants don't have their skill capped at 10 - it goes higher than that, I believe. I had several level 10 merchants, but some managed to squeeze more gold from the same resource than others. I had at least 4500k of gold from each maxed out merchant, usually 7000-8000.

On Hansa: can I have a hint how to get their points? I don't think ingame description said anything about that.

On Deranged: is it somehow connected to Twisted by Violence?

@Lurker:
    First of all, thanks for your input. The mod is alive only as long as there're people interested in it.

Merchants - it's surprising given that they're not changed since 092, and a that time (5 years ago) we didn't see such a huge issue. Anyway, they'll we curbed. My current plan is as follows:
    "The merchants are not numerous in the SSHIP. In the early game you’re likely to have just 1 or 2, and only a few more later. You may recruit merchants from:
    * a Market in the initial capital of your faction and any other faction capital you’d conquer;
    * a Warehouses in certain Large Cities on the Apennine peninsula;
    * a Docklands in any Huge City;
    * a Merchant Guild;
    * a Adventurers’ Guilds after the First Rudder is invented (historical event);
    * a Hanseatic Guild after the cooperation between Lubeck and Cologne starts (historical event)."

TbV / Hardened - I'll have a look into it. It's indeed related to the battles, but sometimes they should produce "Humane", with the very different effects.

If you've got other guilds, you'd have a chance to have the Hanseatic one. But it'll look again into the points and provide for some description.

Idle generals do get Faltering Courage just for being idle. But the teenager are immuned to it. I'll introduce a trigger to get rid of the Faltering Courage easier.

Deranged: it's the second level of Twisted by Violence, afair.

I've discovered SSHIP this year, and have thoroughly enjoyed SSHIP so far; thank you for the good work.

I have a question on the newest patch and mechanics introduced by JoC's latest patch. Note: I have only installed JoC's latest patch, released on February 3rd.

Based on my reading of this thread I think there should be a "teenager" trait, visible to the user. I have not been able to see this trait for my generals under 20 years of age, regardless of their origin (initial character, come of age, married in). I am not certain but I think this is impacting my character's education. For example, I've tried starting a French campaign (early period), and have had a half dozen "failed students" who would rather drink and be ignorant (or know nothing) than read the bible and gain a standard western education. After 30 turns I've had no "successful" pupils gain education in Paris, even though I constructed a library (in addition to a school) to assist their education. At first I passed this off as a "French thing", but upon further testing, I have had a similar lack of success with a couple young Greeks in Constantinople and young Fatimids in Alexandria/Cairo(?) (both with Universities). To complicate the matter, I did have a single Fatimid character (the heir at game start) gain a standard Islamic education (Hafiz?) after ~6 turns.

My question is: am I having the intended experience? Is education supposed to be this difficult to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_TotalWar View Post
    I've discovered SSHIP this year, and have thoroughly enjoyed SSHIP so far; thank you for the good work.

I have a question on the newest patch and mechanics introduced by JoC's latest patch. Note: I have only installed JoC's latest patch, released on February 3rd.

Based on my reading of this thread I think there should be a "teenager" trait, visible to the user. I have not been able to see this trait for my generals under 20 years of age, regardless of their origin (initial character, come of age, married in). I am not certain but I think this is impacting my character's education. For example, I've tried starting a French campaign (early period), and have had a half dozen "failed students" who would rather drink and be ignorant (or know nothing) than read the bible and gain a standard western education. After 30 turns I've had no "successful" pupils gain education in Paris, even though I constructed a library (in addition to a school) to assist their education. At first I passed this off as a "French thing", but upon further testing, I have had a similar lack of success with a couple young Greeks in Constantinople and young Fatimids in Alexandria/Cairo(?) (both with Universities). To complicate the matter, I did have a single Fatimid character (the heir at game start) gain a standard Islamic education (Hafiz?) after ~6 turns.

My question is: am I having the intended experience? Is education supposed to be this difficult to achieve?
    Thanks for the feedback, @Alex!

Yes, the Teenager trait should be visible, and all generals should get education in the circumstances you've described. Your report follows a similar one by @Lurker. Something is perhaps wrong. I've studied the file and couldn't find anything fishy. I'm on holidays so I cannot run the game atm, I'll try to fix it once I'm home.

Just started a new campaign, this time without 4 TPY script. My first teenager came to an age (14 years old). I can confirm that kids no longer have Teenager trait. In addition, the kid is Sadly Ignorant, although his father is Sharp.

Guys, here is the recent patch.

Changelog:
    - Teenager trait fixed,
    - traits Sane, Insane, Deranged, Hypochondriac fixed for bugs.
    - Intelligent - re-made: new names, new effects (less direct, but more in the triggers), triggers at CoA.
    - trait Generous & Miserly - fixed NGB bug, trigger changed etc.
    - Upright, Corrupt, Embezzler - further refined, but some re-counting perhaps still needed.
    - Miner, Farmer traits completely redone (added levels, added information, benefits changed etc.)
    - the SSHIP buildings start to appear in the triggers for various traits (in all 3 relevant impacts: on the governor when built, on the governor when he governs the settlement, factionwide on the new generals when they CoA.)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 22, 2020 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post

Changelog:
    - Teenager trait fixed,
    - Intelligent - re-made: new names, new effects (less direct, but more in the triggers), triggers at CoA.
    - Upright, Corrupt, Embezzler - further refined, but some re-counting perhaps still needed.
    - Miner, Farmer traits completely redone (added levels, added information, benefits changed etc.)
    - the SSHIP buildings start to appear in the triggers for various traits (in all 3 relevant impacts: on the governor when built, on the governor when he governs the settlement, factionwide on the new generals when they CoA.)
    And i suggest a new game since even if it's save game compatible, the traits get scrambled up on already existing characters , at least in my case. Good Job JOC

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    And i suggest a new game since even if it's save game compatible, the traits get scrambled up on already existing characters , at least in my case. Good Job JOC
    True, it's not save-compatible since the whole point is a re-make of the traits that have those Anti-Trait NoGoingBack bugs (some traits are fused into one etc.)

@XXZit: if you'd have a spare time, you could check if the coding is according to my plan with 3 economic skills:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;--------- Farmer -----------------------------------;-- levels(points) 1(2),2(4),3(8),4(12)

;-- only on-the-job experience: general has to stay in the province and end movement in the settlement
    ;-- minimum requirement is FitForOffice, but for many triggers also positive Intelligence
    ;-- some other traits and presence of certain buildings will also help
    ;-- no difference between castle and city
    ;-- also Teenagers get the points (but effectively rarely since schooling takes place in bigger settlements)
    ;
    ;-- How many points is collected in 10 years (20 turns):
    ; any general in town/castle (not bigger) 2.0
    ; Intelligent general in town/castle (not bigger) 2.0
    ; Genius, HorseRacer, Energetic+NotMarried : each 1.0
    ; Basic/Standard Admin and Pagan Education: 2.0 / 3.0
    ; Stables, Monastery, Plaza del Toro, Racing Track, HorseBreeders Guild - each 1.0
    ; Lithuanians with Dievas/Perkunas altar 1.0
    ; finished building farms 1.0 (the only with 100%) + 0.5 + 0.1
    ; finished building roads, mills, markets, monastery 0.5
    ; finished building churches 0.1
    ; finished building chapter houses 0.05
    ;
    ; That makes after 10 years:
    ; stupid in a town/castle: 2.0
    ; Intelligent in a town/castle: 4.0
    ; Basic educated Intelligent Lithuanian in a town/castle: 7.0
    ; Standard educated Intelligent AdminMind in a town/castle: 7.0
    ; non-educated in a city/fortress: 0.0
    ; Standard educated Intelligent AdminMind in a city/fortress: 3.0
    ;
    ; Higher levels not possible for TourneyKnights, ExpensiveTastes, Cultured, Unfit.

;--------- Miner ------------------------------------
    ;-- levels(points) 1(1),2(3),3(5),4(8),5(12)
    ;-- triggers related to the buildings are here as the presence of the mines is required
    ;-- only on-the-job experience: mines must be present, general has to stay in the province and end movement in the settlement
    ;-- minimum requirement is FitForOffice, but for many traits also positive Intelligenceand
    ;-- some other traits and presence of certain buildings will also help
    ;-- no difference between castle and city
    ;-- also Teenagers get the points
    ;--
    ;-- How many points is collected in 10 years (20 turns):
    ; any general: 1.0
    ; Intelligent: 1.0
    ; Genius: 2.0
    ; Energetic NotMarried 1.0
    ; Pragmatic, Mathematical 0.4
    ; Admin Education 1.0 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 5.0
    ; Advanced/Master Pagan 1.0 / 2.0
    ; Master Military Education 1.0
    ; with University, Explorers/Masons Guild: each 1.0
    ; Scholar with Library 0.2
    ; Crusader/Jihad history (unlikely) 2.0
    ; finished building mines (rarely) 1.0 (the only with 100%) + 0.5 + 0.1 - doubles for Intelligent
    ;
    ; That makes after 10 years:
    ; intelligent MilMind: 2.0
    ; Standard educated AdminMind: 4.0
    ; Master educated AdminMind in a developed city: 8.0
    ; the brightests: 12.0
    ; event of building mines: 1.6 for any, 3.2 for Intelligent
    ;
    ; Higher levels not possible for TourneyKnights, Girls, Unfit.

;--------- Builder ----------------------------------
    ;-- Good: levels(points) 1(6),2(12),3(22)
    ;-- Bad: levels(points) 1(2),2(4),3(6)
    ;
    ;-- mostly finished buildings: should be in the province for a year, and end movement in the settlement
    ;-- minimum requirement is FitForOffice and positive Intelligence
    ;-- 1 year-stay in the province required, but 2-year is better (ie: 2 or 4 turns ended in the province, last in the settlement)
    ;-- benefiting from just staying is related to the presence (or not) of ongoing building project
    ;-- BadBuilder comes from not building while having some bad traits
    ;-- also Teenagers get points
    ;
    ;-- How many points is collected per 1 building finished:
    ; regular buildings: 1.0
    ; great buildings (Cathedral, Fortress, Great Bimaristan etc.): 2.0
    ; Intelligent, Genius, MathematicsSkill: each 1.0
    ; University, CastleLibrary, MasonsGuild: each 1.0
    ; Advanced Admin and Pagan Education: 1.0
    ; Smart with Advanced Admin and Pagan Education: 1.0
    ; lack of any Education: -1.0

;-- How many points is collected per 10 years:
    ; building Intelligent, Upright, Aesthetic, Cultured: each 1.0
    ; not building: -2.0
    ; not building traits Slothful, Corrupt, Embezzler, Insane, Generous, Aesthetic: each -1.0
    ;
    ; that makes (10 years staying, 1 building, 1 great building):
    ; Intelligent: 5.0
    ; Smart educated AdminMind in developed city: 8.0

; Higher levels not possible for Drink, Girls, Unfit.

Changelog:
    - Teenager trait fixed,
    Seems after installing the patch , i crash to desktop as soon as the intro screen is shown. Reinstalled and works without the patch but after i put the patch it crashes again instantly after launching

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Seems after installing the patch , i crash to desktop as soon as the intro screen is shown. Reinstalled and works without the patch but after i put the patch it crashes again instantly after launching
    oh, God, I've uploaded wrong files. wait a moment.

Ok, these are the right files. I've also fixed the link below in the post. It was 1:30 after midnight...
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 22, 2020 at 05:37 AM.

oh, God, I've uploaded wrong files. wait a moment.

Ok, these are the right files. I've also fixed the link below in the post. It was 1:30 after midnight...
    Hahahaha , good one. Works fine now , take it easy man!

kostic's Avatar Biarchus

Is the patch of the installation page of SSHIP 0.9.6 named "Patch 20.02.2020" the same as that for download in your last post named "SSHIP096_ patch22.02.2020" ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Is the patch of the installation page of SSHIP 0.9.6 named "Patch 20.02.2020" the same as that for download in your last post named "SSHIP096_ patch22.02.2020" ?
    yes. just changed to 22.

I can't play high campaign. I can't see
    Faction icon.

Quote Originally Posted by mloiuy View Post
    I can't play high campaign. I can't see
    Faction icon.
    there's no high campaign, only early

Changelog:
    - Teenager trait fixed,
    So, would you say it's good to play with this patch then? Are these the changes you were telling me to wait for in the Bugs thread? I only ask because I am really excited to start a new campaign with all the changes, and want to make sure I don't get myself excited too early!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing