Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

Hello and thank you for your work.

Just stopping by to say that faction leader of Novgorod has a typo in his name.

He was Vsevolod, not Vselovod. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Novgorod

He was also much younger in 1132, but I guess you had to make him 44 year old for the sake of balance or something.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

^^ Welcome along these forums and thanks for the info
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

patch of 22.02.2020 is here.

Changelog 22.02.2020:
    - Teenager trait fixed,
    - traits Sane, Insane, Deranged, Hypochondriac fixed for bugs.
    - Intelligent - re-made: new names, new effects (less direct, but more in the triggers), triggers at CoA.
    - trait Generous & Miserly - fixed NGB bug, trigger changed etc.
    - Upright, Corrupt, Embezzler - further refined, but some re-counting perhaps still needed.
    - Miner, Farmer traits completely redone (added levels, added information, benefits changed etc.)
    - the SSHIP buildings start to appear in the triggers for various traits (in all 3 relevant impacts: on the governor when built, on the governor when he governs the settlement, factionwide on the new generals when they CoA.)
    - a few names of generals for Poland added, a few Polish characters (ą,ę,ż,ń,ó) odded.
    - garrisons in N-E Europe futher refined (units, names of generals etc.)
    - fixed coding of various difficulty level.

------ CUMULATIVE CHANGELOG ------

Mind the current AI (it’s just observation, not our goal):
    · The diplomatic AI is pretty soft: eager to strike peace.
    · The campaign AI is pretty aggressive: if it’s at war, it attacks without hesitation.
    · The Pope is aggressive, eager to attack also catholic factions.
    · The usurper system may produce immobilised generals.

HORIZONTAL fixes
    - AntiTrait and NoGoingBack bugs fixed for some traits with the means described here (this is a major finding in the recent years and the major problem with older mods: they don't take into account that what you see it not what's meant by the game engine)
    - introduction of triggers depending on difficulty levels (the higher difficulty, the more buffs for the AI, and the fewer for the player)

EDUCATION OF GENERALS revamped
    · the education time shortened (12 turns instead of 16 - that means education only as a teenager: age 14-19);
    · additional level for the three administrative type education added (now each type of education has 4 levels);
    · trait “Intelligent” modified: most of the young will start with “Normal Intelligence” and improve over life marginally. However, this is the central traits for getting administrative education and then getting the economic skills.
    · "Ignorant" trait removed - if a general doesn't have any education, he'll be by definition ignorant.
    · trait “NaturalMilitarySkill” fixed and modified: this is the central traits for military and pagan education, determines the speed these types of education can develop.
    · trait “Scholar" kept to enable a general to learn after passing 20; it is particularly useful if the character stays in cities with libraries.
    · all benefits rebalanced (see the table);
    · all triggers and probabilities rebalanced (violet in the table: how many point will be gathered after full schooling (12 turns);
    · descriptions added or modified (information about getting a step, textual changes)
    · added guides how to get education (shown in-game as historic event).
    No future work is currently foreseen.

EDIT: the benefits for mining have been moved to the GoodMiner trait so the educated generals won't have that benefit described in this table.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PROVINCIAL TITLES overhaul
    · the basic concept of the PTs role in the gameplay as described here implemented;
    · trait Titled provides the standard benefits, while the ancillaries the additional, province-specific ones;
    · the impact of the Titled in the triggers of Loyalty depending on the distance from the capital introduced;
    · the information for the players about the PTs effects and uses introduced;
    · the effects of the PTs for 67 settlements have been balanced and updated: for Catholics and Orthodox (and 32 also for Muslim). The other PTs do work as they should (each gives the Titled trait) but may be overpowered in some cases.
    · these 67 provinces are (see also the map): Oslo, Bergvin, Skara, Sigtuna, Visby, Kalmar, Lund, Roskilde, Ribe, Goroden, Twangste, Kernave, Riga, Kolyvan, Turku, Szczecin, Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow, Plock, Gdansk, Pskov, Polotsk, Novgorod, Volodymyr, Halych, Turov, Kiev, Chernigov, Pereyaslav, Smolensk, Rustov, Murom, Ryazan, Iasi, Sharukan, Azaq, Sharkil, Tmutarakan, Chersonesos, Saqsin, Aktobe, Bolghar, Esztergom, Szekesfehervar, Varad, Gyulafehervar, Zagreb, Zara, Olomoc, Prague, Brandenburg, Liubice, Hamburg, Bremen, Cologne, Trier, Utrecht, Leuven, Frankfurt, Speyer, Basel, Ulm, Nuremburg, Ratisbon, Vienna, Freiberg,
    · /modifications here were assisted by j.a.luna - thanks a lot to him!/
    Future work: balancing and drafting right descriptions for the other provinces.

Map of the provinces where PTs have already been re-done:

List of descriptions and benefits from a PT (with the foreseen changes in the Western and Southern Europe):

THE CROWNS
    · conceptual changes introduced as described on the relevant webpage (see the maps there!);
    · all the mechanisms of getting the crown are in the game except of additional payments for crowining (at the moment you get the crown from free);
    · updated lists of provinces required to get crowns of Scotland, England, France, Norway, Denmark, Poland, HRE, Lithuania, Serbia. This means they're fully operational (for the details refer to the relevant entry for each faction in this thread), while the other crowns work as they're before.
    · the crowns can also be acquired by the player on the basis of ProudLegacy from the father (as described in-game). They are available for the AI - with shorter list of provinces as the AI doesn't know the ins-and-outs of the system.
    Future work: update of provinces for the other crowns. Putting the maps to be seen in-game.

HANSEATIC GUILD
    · added growth bonus, replaced income bonus with trade bonus and a trade fleet, the guild provides now a Baltic Crossbowmen unit (instead of Cavalry Militia);
    · the required settlement level lowered from the city to the large_town size (note: all other guilds available only from the city/fortress level) so that most of the Baltic provinces can grow to the size of a city (given their inherent low fertility, it can happen in 13-14 century; before it was virtually impossible);
    · two additional historical events for the Hansa introduced with an impact on the gameplaye: the Hansa guild building provides more trade benefits from around 1241 onwards, and more troops around 1367;
    · Hansa is buildable in regions with high historical activity of die Dudetche Hanse, as a few provinces were added: Bergen and Oslo – will helps them to grow; also in Novgorod, Brugge and London (it will mean little as other guilds are better to these three provinces).
    No future work currently foreseen.

TRAITS

· the AntiTrait and NoGoingBack bugs removed for many traits based on these solutions (esp. Battle/Strategy Dread/Chivalry, also Berserker, Humane, Hardened, Conqueror etc). Many of those traits
    · base (initial, before-traits) Loyalty and Piety depend on the difficulty of the game (Normal: 4, Hard: 3, VeryHard: 2) - it compensates the ubiquity of Loyalty from the Ministerial Offices and Provincial Titles for Hard and Very Hard; while of Piety from Education.
    Future work: further work on AT-NGB bug by way of adjusting the triggers.

AGENTS
    · triggers for the traits of the pagan priests redone (completely split from the catholic ones, rebalance of benefits, rebalance of triggers, new triggers)
    · triggers related to the health of agents redone (no more chronically ill agents)
    Future work: Merchants’ numbers limited according to the discussion before.

Other changes
    · Guilds: triggers for guild points reviewed and adjusted.
    · Mercenary pools: recruitment prices significantly cut down, some pools modified (eg. Mercenary Crossbowmen available in the less urbanized parts of Europe later)
    · Initial armies of some factions either increased or moved around (Lithuania, Denmark, Poland, Kiev).
    · Some ancillaries (eg. books for generals or Spyglass for the agents) or traits (eg Conqueror) fixed or extended on benefits, triggers and texts.
    · Almost all initial units of Peasants replaced by militia.
    · A few names fixed: regions and settlements, and also some personal (mainly for the Polish faction).
    · In-game information on many mechanics added.
    · Many details, texts, typos, names’ lists, initial traits etc. fixed.

Current map of the SSHIP

The changes introduced in the SSHIP 0.9.6 (as compared to 095):

• Reputation mechanisms tweaked – many details changed or introduced (eg. Ecumenical patriarch for making reputation between orthodox factions better, or mechanisms to avoid punishing for waging a war that was started by the enemy).
    • Loyalty mechanisms tweaked and to make civil wars less pervasive and their causes more relalistic. It based on the observations described in this thread. It also includes the Loyalty adjustments as partially described here.
    • Starting generals, traits and family trees upadated (in the earlier SSHIP versions they reflected 1100, not 1132 – it was he inheritance of the SS6.4) - this was quite laborious, I think. (done by VineFynn).
    • Princess spawning script so that after turn 60 the player has a chance to marry off heir / ruler. It's worthy to marry as each Royal relation provides (again) +1 popularity. Given the unrest mechanisms in the SSHIP, growing your family relations is crucial to keep those cities (eg. an Aragon general whose mother was French, grandmother Pisan, grandgrandmother English will have +4 popularity: crucial to keep eg a conquered Palermo under control).
    • Education of Generals – implementation of the submod making the education system that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) actually working. It makes the educational buildings much more useful: you really need that school and library in your capital so that your Administratively Minded teenager generals can educate there.
    • Generals Traits fix – triggers and effects for many traits that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) were modified to provide balance or start working: see the details here. They concern mainly economic effects (so that the governors have significant impact on income), the Fog of War adjustments to the traits (Line Of Sight restrictions for not experienced generals), sometimes Loyalty.
    • Provincial titles fix: 32 titles (from Central and Eastern Europe) have been updated: names, pics, effects, descriptions; in some cases also triggers or the very existence. After a patch, the number will rise to 67. The other also work as mechanism (see below), but they're not balanced in benefits, and some may be missing.
    • Ministerial Offices fix: 8 types of titles have been made working: triggers, also existence of a few muslim and greek versions (details are here). There're now over 50 offices in the game (if you count the Byzantine ones).
    • Crowns fix - these are fixed in the patches to 096: lists of provinces fixed so that they're actually obtainable, some pic made historic.
    • Gameplay: Loyalty - Offices - Titles - Crowns - Education - Other Traits - what really matters is their interaction, not single fixes. Swapping Offices and Titles is crucial for having your generals not deserting at medium-size kingodom (each provides +1 Loyalty). If the faction grows bigger, at certain size it's no longer possible to keep the generals loyal if they're far away. In this case getting a crown is crucial. To get it, you need to conquer the historic territories or have a great legacy from father (kill a faction or have maximum Piety, Authority etc.). Und so weiter.
    • FogOfWar made sligtly more significant: Watchtowers made more expensive, initial Watchtowers removed (everybody needs to build up the infrastructure from scratch), the characters and agents have less LineOfSigth that makes scouting with agents more important. It makes also the initial expansion more difficult - instead of hiring your feudal troops, you need to pay for the watchtowers.
    • Priests, Spies and other agents: the pervasive antitrait bug removed, effects and triggers modified to provide balance and evolution in their lives; the pagan priests fixed (frankly speaking, they didn't work before: the triggers were broken), some information messages fixed.
    • in-game information through historic events mechanism on a number of topics that already were in the SSHIP but either were not fully explained / understood, or didn't actually work and have been recently fixed and balanced.
    • map adjustments in Bulgaria, Anatolia, Poland;
    • adjustments of the names of the provinces in Germany, Poland, Anatolia and some other places;
    • number of various minor fixes.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

If I install the mod the regular SS 6.3 will be overwrited? or I can maintain both Regular SS6.3 and SSHIP installed in same stainless steel folder?

As I think I understood there are only 67 settlements which have a provincial titles? the titles for other regions are still in progress for the next versions?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 05, 2020 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    As I think I understood there are only 67 settlements which have a provincial titles? the titles for other regions are still in progress for the next versions?
    No, every settlement has a title, and but only those 67 were recently reviewed. The rest is likely to be slightly overpowered (more benefits as they should have).

If I install the mod the regular SS 6.3 will be overwrited? or I can maintain both Regular SS6.3 and SSHIP installed in same stainless steel folder?
    You can make a separate SS6.4 (!!!) instal, then instal the SSHIP 096, and then the last patch.

Blog Entries

Yes, it will be overwrited. However, as said by JoC, you can make 2 installations, 1 for SS and 1 for SSHIP.
    Install SS once. Rename the folder and amend the shorcut accordingly. Install SSHIP on top of it.
    Install again SS as usual.
    now you can play both mods
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Very good guys, thanks!

Many new units are added in this mod? I think it will reach the potential 500 limit for units the MTW2 engine allow

SS has always been at unit limit as far as i can remember, i've never even seen any mod that isnt at unit limit

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    SS has always been at unit limit as far as i can remember, i've never even seen any mod that isnt at unit limit

But SS 6.4 vanilla had 400 units I counted every unit and SSHIP introduced other 100 so the now they reached the limit of 500 right?

Blog Entries

If not 500, we should be very close to that number

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    If not 500, we should be very close to that number

It's amazing... It's a amazing variety, how technology goes forward medieval kingdoms 1212 Attila mod it reach 4.000 units but it's a much newer and more advanced game... I love variety because it adds depth

Jurand of Cracow, first of all, thank you for the hard work.

I had a question regarding new education system. Before your latest patch, my teenagers had a "teenager" trait (active until they reach 20). After applying your latest patch and starting a new game there is no such trait anymore (115 turns in-game). Is it supposed to happen or is my game bugged somehow?

Regardless, they gain education (both school and university) normally, except they are all "ignorant"/"know little". It doesn't improve with time, and sometimes gets worse. I keep my teenagers in the capital with school, library, university - they spend all their turns without moving until they reach 20. All I got so far is 5 ignorant maistors.

trait “Intelligent” fixed and modified: now most of the young start with “Ignorant” or “Know Little” levels and improve over the education (or life).
    Is this improvement based on % chance? Or is it supposed to be guaranteed? What else can I do to make sure my ignorant kids become somewhat intelligent?

Why there's no Late campaign? When I go to high and late eras (I installed properly SS 6.4+SSHIP mod and the last patch, it works perfectly) I can only see High campaign and only for three factions I think portugal and turks? Why can't start with other High era? And the late era is no available why? When you will finish these? Will they be available for all factions at some point in next patches?

Blog Entries

Just because we're not enough dev with not enough free time to do such task

It's amazing... It's a amazing variety, how technology goes forward medieval kingdoms 1212 Attila mod it reach 4.000 units but it's a much newer and more advanced game... I love variety because it adds depth
    A vrai dire, I've always preferred the Medieval 2 system (EBII, SS, BC) where you've got plenty of units, but no formal "tiers". In Attila or Thrones system, you've got spearmen tier I, tier II, tier III und so forth, but it didn't appeal to me. I really like diversity of Europa Barbarorum of Stainless Steel. (I think the MKTW will mature in 2 years and will be quite a good game)

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Just because we're not enough dev with not enough free time to do such task

Well, I hope you will finish that in the long future at some point?

I agree with you, however tier classification might be good for new players for give the knowledge about the roosters and what are the better units and the worse ones... for newcomers I mean.

One thing: In SSHIP can I assign titles? I mean I see every general or governor has titles but can I assign this title to another general who I whish to be the governor? If yes, does it change income or happiness of the province?

One thing: In SSHIP can I assign titles? I mean I see every general or governor has titles but can I assign this title to another general who I whish to be the governor? If yes, does it change income or happiness of the province?
    I think it's well described in the in-game information that's shown at the beginning.

1. any general, even without a provincial title (PT), can be a governor of a settlement
    2. a general with a PT can do anything: be a governor anywhere or a general of an army
    3. you can swap a PT from one general or stack PTs on one general (although it doesn't make much sense). There's one possible drawback: it a general with a PT ends up his turn without any PT, it gains a nasty trait "Stripped of titles".

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker from Codex View Post
    I had a question regarding new education system. Before your latest patch, my teenagers had a "teenager" trait (active until they reach 20). After applying your latest patch and starting a new game there is no such trait anymore (115 turns in-game). Is it supposed to happen or is my game bugged somehow?

Regardless, they gain education (both school and university) normally, except they are all "ignorant"/"know little". It doesn't improve with time, and sometimes gets worse. I keep my teenagers in the capital with school, library, university - they spend all their turns without moving until they reach 20. All I got so far is 5 ignorant maistors.

Is this improvement based on % chance? Or is it supposed to be guaranteed? What else can I do to make sure my ignorant kids become somewhat intelligent?
    Almost every improvement is based on %% chance (but a few with 100%).
    The kids should have intelligent parents (don't marry off your crappy generals) and stay in the settlements with schools etc. Later they should win the difficult battles (always fight as an underdog, if you've got more troops, just leave a few units behind), and stay in well-developed settlements. And they should be the governors who build something (it has a positive impact on Intelligence).

anyway, I'll review the triggers for improving intelligence - thanks for drawing attention to this issue.

Your report on having no teenager trait in the last patch is very strange. I can't see any reason for it. Has anybody else experienced it?

Oh yeah now I figured that part at the beginning... I didn't read all the notes, sorry. Thanks for the reply