Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14395455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1465

Thread: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Is there a way to see years instead of turn numbers?
    Don't get it
    The date is on the bottom left, just above the world mini map while the turn number in on the bottom right, above your treasury
    See pic below:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Diamonds View Post
    Hi, I've been playing SS 6.4 until my game broke with a rebellious family member being made heir and watched on as Leon ran through my English kingdom as he yelled "You are not my king!" just outside of London.
    So, how do I install this exactly? The video is for 092 and I found it very difficult to follow. Am I missing an executable file in 096? Or am I just meant to extract it to a particular folder? And if that's the case what is that folder?
    Thanks.
    The video is more to explain how to install SS6.4. Forget the last part about the previous version of SSHIP.

If you have a clean install of SS6.4 and it's running fine, installing SSHIP is pretty simple. download it, unzip it and merge the obtained data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder. That's it.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 01, 2020 at 08:39 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Hi,

In order to install this version, can i copy/paste the files over my previous SSHIP 0.9.5, or should i delete it and reinstall SS 6.3 + 6.4 before putting 0.9.6 files in the folder ?
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Blog Entries

That's up to you actually. Both ways should work.
    However, I'd recommend the 2nd one (fresh install) as I've removed some unecessary files left by former developers. No a big deal if you choose the 1st one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Thank you very much.
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Hey is Kostic's submod now integrated into SSHIP? I do enjoy his submod but was wanting the more OG SS look of western european units. I reinstalled 6.4 and checked to see if somehow it was something residual left in Med2 (despite my reinstalling not too long ago) and it didn't show up there, also reinstalled SSHIP and Kostic's submod once again changed units.

I'm cool with SSHIP being integrated with his submod, I just would like to know if it was or something wrong on my end.

Blog Entries

kostic units submod is only compatible with SSHIP v0.9.2 and v0.9.5.
    I know that he's working to adapt it to the current version of SSHIP but I can't say when he will release it.

- Results published

That means somehow his submod has something residual in my Medieval data. Which is very strange since I did a total reinstall of both Med2, 6.4 and SSHIP.

Any advice on the matter?

To further elaborate I just completely wiped Med 2 from my pc, complete and total uninstall and reinstall. Redownloaded 6.4 and SSHIP and yet the issue with Kostic's submod remains.

I have no idea how his submod has infected my Med 2 so thoroughly

kostic's Avatar Biarchus

What residue are you talking about ? If you reinstalled SSHIP to a neutral folder, you shouldn't have any of my units. On the other hand, if there were units left in the data / unit_models folder, you may find them because some units (redone by me) replace "default" units in the Medieval 2 game and therefore are not overwritten by SS6.4 and SSHIP files.

Thank you for replying Kostic! First of all I do enjoy your submod, I just felt nostalgic for the old stuff but it then turned to an issue when I couldn't get replace it.

Your explanation of units neither 6.4 or SSHIP replace makes a whole lot of sense. Why it wasn't being replaced with vanilla files when I reinstalled, I do no know. It's equally confusing when earlier I tested regular 6.4 and your units didn't replace anything which I figured it was only to replace SSHIP unit skins anyhow.

What would I need to do to find the units only your submod replaces?

I'm just utterly pooped now.

No matter how fresh of an install, of Med2, of 6.4 and SSHIP, Kostic's submod is still active.

I don't understand how because Med2 gets completely wiped with nothing left anywhere on my pc, 6.4 has no connection and his submod doesn't effect it. For example in 6.4 before I overwrite it with SSHIP the Pavise Spear Militia are unchanged. But when a fresh downloaded SSHIP 0.9.6 is installed then suddenly that Pavise Spear Militia and everything else the submod effects are changed as well.

This is damn maddening at this point.

Blog Entries

The only explanation I have is that you have installed it in the data folder in the main root of the game instead in the data folder of SSHIP located in the folder named mods.
    As kostic said, it will work only for units common to all games (like France or England for instance).

- Results published

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

You might want to open 'Hidden Files' locate App Data and delete anything relating to MTW2

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Hi, now I have installed version 0.9.5.. Can I install 0.9.6 on older version? Or i will must remove old version?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Instal SS6.4 then instal SSHIP096.
    (you may leave you older version, but perhaps change the name of the folder)

kostic's Avatar Biarchus

@TheCzarsHussar : Either you will manually search in the root folder of the Medieval II Total War mod / mods / SS6.3 / the data folder and you delete it completely (manually), or you create a new folder for M2TW. In both cases, there is no reason for my units to remain. I myself have several versions on my PC with and without my modified units.Regarding the portraits of deceased generals, if you notice that my modifications persist, go to Medieval II Total War / data and delete the folder ui. I hope I have solved your problem.

@kostic

Would there be any way you could upload the unchanged files for vanilla Med2? Because I've actually noticed that running unmodded vanilla Med2 there are vanilla units changed by both your mod and SSHIP. Somehow despite changing the install directory, reinstalling Med2 several times and removing all my mods temporarily it's either not getting rid of the files or redownloading them as if they were vanilla.

I'm sorry if this has been explained before, but can anyone explain like I'm 5 how the crowning system works? It says that I need to control my faction's borderlands. Does that mean, for example, as East Rome I have to conquer Rome and Bari before I can get the crown?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@officialdeo: you may read ins-and-outs of the system in this thread. I'll issue a patch today to make it more clear and to fix the base SS errors.

for Byzantium the system is working in a pretty straighforward way: you just need to conquer these settlements:

and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sis = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 14, 2020 at 02:05 AM.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project,
    and the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Pros and cons of having merchants in an M2TW mod. Arguments against the forts in M2TW.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. No good mod yet, alas!
    Dominant strategy in Rome 2 TW and Attila TW: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Developer of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, script fixing, guides, historical improvements

Foederatus

Just a quick thing I noticed while playing ze Reich , there are no titles for Hamburg, Ulm, Olomouc. Also buildings like mines still cant be finished