Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.5 downloadable - 25th of December 2018

What about v0.9.5? Where should we put it?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

On top of your previous install, SSHIP v0.9.2.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Just posting to let you guys know we are hard at work on the new release (no promises on date ofc, but we are optimistic)
    Real life is balanced.

Good to know! And glad to see more support in make the new release and improve sship! This is the unique historical mod of medieval 2, we hope play new version soon, maybe in july or august hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Good to know! And glad to see more support in make the new release and improve sship! This is the unique historical mod of medieval 2, we hope play new version soon, maybe in july or august hehe
    I've been a part of the team for over a year
    Real life is balanced.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Just posting to let you guys know we are hard at work on the new release (no promises on date ofc, but we are optimistic)
    Glad to hear it

Blog Entries

Several posts moved to the General Discussion thread as they're more relevant there
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Haven't played m2tw in ages, before this mod. Does this mod work with BGRV, if yes does it come with it or I need to install it separately?

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Haven't played m2tw in ages, before this mod. Does this mod work with BGRV, if yes does it come with it or I need to install it separately?
    You'd have to manually merge the various files. Not difficult, but tedious. Other than some overlap in traits, it'd probably work ok. The real issue is if it uses map coords, faction names or settlement names. It's hard to know what precisely would need to be done without testing it.
    Last edited by VineFynn; July 31, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Real life is balanced.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    I've recently played the Titanium with the BGR_IV and the gameplay doesn't feel good. Besides, I got critical of many features, see my opinion here. I don't expect introducing BGR into the SSHIP would have any good effects. It'd also be very tedious to introduce, weeks of work and hundreds of mistakes on the way. Lastly, I think many of the goals of the BGR are achieved in the SSHIP through other means - see my SSHIP review here and here a go on the issues of the BGR.
    Advice on mods to be played is also here.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 15, 2020 at 02:42 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

In addition, BGR-V was originally made for the late era of SS and you can't use it without permission, which is a problem as Byg is inactive for years now.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

I think they were just asking if byg v was compatible with SSHIP, not if we'd include it.
    Real life is balanced.

Plus for his private use he can mod whatever he is able to.

Jurand of Cracow can I ask you a question please, which is the better mod? SSHIP or real combat real recruitment. Many thanks.

As far as I know RR/RC is included in SSHIP (as it was in the SS6.4). If you mean the newest product of PB - the RR/RC Ultimate then I'd say: I've played it little but from what I had seen I can appreciate the battles but the campaign is from before 8 years, perhaps full of problems (see opinion here). I'm not aware of testing and any extensive play among the players - and also myself I'm not willing to devote my time (unlike other mods, like I've just played Titatnium twice, see my observation here).

Here are pertinent links to my opinions on the SSHIP and BGR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've recently played the Titanium with the BGR_IV and the gameplay doesn't feel good. Besides, I got critical of many features, see my opinion here. I don't expect introducing BGR into the SSHIP would have any good effects. It'd also be very tedious to introduce, weeks of work and hundreds of mistakes on the way. Lastly, I think many of the goals of the BGR are achieved in the SSHIP through other means - see may review here.
    Advice on mods to be played is also here.
    JoC
    All in all - I'd go for the SSHIP with my submods ;-)

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    All in all - I'd go for the SSHIP with my submods ;-)
    Shocking!
    Real life is balanced.

Thanks for the detail Jurand, very nice indeed. Is there a torrent download of SSHIP v9.05 ? Google drive is very slow 10Kb/s.Cheers mate.

Edit: Sorry gentleman, Megaupload is working very well. I had a problem with my connection. Megaupload is downloading at 4MB/S. Extremly fast. Thank you all.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 02, 2019 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Merged for clarity

Salutations to Lifthrasir and the The Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project development team. I would like to thank and congradulate you all on your find work. This is how Medieval total war 2 should have been released in the first place.

Having played Stainless Steel a few years ago. This is a marked improvment on a previous version. I have only played a couple of small custom battles but I can see you have captured the game mechanic of units breaking just before a heavy cavalry charge and other elements of Point Blank's RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition, Patch #2.

I think it just might be superiour to Darth mods work. The devs need to look at this. They could learn a thing or two from you. I find it hard to be beaten on the highest of difficulites on the battle map being a avid fan of Sun Tzu. This shall be fun. You have certainly earned the modding awards and once more I congardulate you on what you are doing.

You all have my admiration and respect.

P.s If I can make a small contribution, I dont think you have added a note on your installation instructions for applying the SSHIP v0.9.5 patch to the Medieval II - Total War\mods\SS6.3\data folder

WELL DONE and THANK YOU TEAM.

Kindest regards. Paul.K

Hello Team, I would like some help with this mod. Is it me or are there no Ballistas and catapault workshops in the campaign. I have installed SS 6.4 + SSHIP v0.95 three times and tried and cannot find them. I have installed RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition with no problem, which is a much larger mod. I have some C and Html programming experience and have done some modding for IL2 1946. Is it me or the mod. No Ballistas and catapaults. I would love to know. Thankyou. PK.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by P.Konrad View Post
    Hello Team, I would like some help with this mod. Is it me or are there no Ballistas and catapault workshops in the campaign. I have installed SS 6.4 + SSHIP v0.95 three times and tried and cannot find them. I have installed RR/RC 2.0 Ultimate Edition with no problem, which is a much larger mod. I have some C and Html programming experience and have done some modding for IL2 1946. Is it me or the mod. No Ballistas and catapaults. I would love to know. Thankyou. PK.
    It's the mod, and iirc it is working as intended.
    Real life is balanced.