Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

^^ Report the possible issues here with as much details as possible. Thank you.
    And yes, SSHIP is playable. you just can't rush and expand quickly. You need to build your faction in order to recruit good units to expand. You also need to choose your moves wisely.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ok I am having truly having problems installing this mod. I followed the instructions to the letter on the front and it still does not work. When I hit the launcher in the file it still loads up SS 6.4. I dont understand what I am doing wrong. I load up 6.4 with the options as mentioned in the post. Then load SSHIP. It runs through the process as shown on the install instructions and still it loads 6.4... I really dont understand what is going wrong... Its getting frustrating as it takes forever to load. Should I re download the mod? Is it my laptop messing up the install? Or is there no load screen or difference between 6.4 and SSHIP? I really dont understand why things are not working...

I have checked the exe files in the MTW2 file and they both there, one for Medieval and Kingdoms, and neither have the read me checked. Both MTW and Kingdoms run fine, I have another mod that runs off MTW and it runs fine. I have added the game to steam and SS 6.3 and 6.4 both load and work fine. When I try to launch SSHIP through the modded folder SS launcher it just loads up SS 6.4.

I have been working with Jurand of Cracow through mails but we cant seem to locate the problem I am having. Is it possible the download was corrupted but still installs correctly. Again I follow the install instructions to the letter on the first page and everything loads and is confirmed just like the pictures show. I dont understand what is going wrong and I really would like to play before work gets really busy again... Thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Blog Entries

Have you checked in the data folder in your SS6.3 one if there's no another data folder? Sometimes it happens. Another option is to extrzct SSHIP in a temporary foldr and then to merge tits content with the data folder in the SS6.3 one.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes sir I have checked if it created another data file and sadly no. I will try and extract the files into a separate folder then manually install them. I pray it works as I truly cant figure out this one.

Edit: It didnt work. Extracted files into a separate file and then copy and pasted them into the Mods\SS6.3 folder. I run the launcher in the mod folder and it runs SS6.4. I cant figure this out and have run out of ideas... If anyone can figure this out or has a suggestion please let me know as I would really like to try this mod.
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; June 19, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

Important note: For Windows10 users, install the game and mods outside the Program Files folder (especially for Steam users) as administrator and on Windows7 compatibility mod.

Just re read the whole installation thread and noticed this... I cannot follow these rules as the indexed post explains. I do not have two hard drives on my laptop... Does this mean I cannot install the mod? As SS works but SSHIP doesnt work and I cannot figure out why except now this issue... Is this why the game will not load SSHIP?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Americanus Supremus View Post
    Important note: For Windows10 users, install the game and mods outside the Program Files folder (especially for Steam users) as administrator and on Windows7 compatibility mod.

Just re read the whole installation thread and noticed this... I cannot follow these rules as the indexed post explains. I do not have two hard drives on my laptop... Does this mean I cannot install the mod? As SS works but SSHIP doesnt work and I cannot figure out why except now this issue... Is this why the game will not load SSHIP?
    Outside Program files folder - obviously you have to do it, but wasn't it the case with Win8? I've got the whole Steam account and all my games are outside the PF folder. You don't have it in a separate folder, just a folder outside PF (eg C:/Games/Steam ...)
    In my experience you don't need to run it Win7 compatibility mod, on the contrary - it's rather not advisable.

However, if the SS runs, then it should be a problem for the SSHIP to run. Try to extract the SSHIP into any folder (temporary) and then to merge it's contents with the SS6.3 You'lll be asked to overwrite a number of files. If you're not, then you're merging wrong folders...

Ok guys I got it to work. I uninstalled and deleted everything in the SS folder including the folder. Then did a fresh install of everything testing the game each time. I did redownload SSHIP and extracted it into a separate folder then manually installed it. Not sure why but it works now and am finally getting to play. First as the Crusader States but will try at least 4 or 5 more factions. Loving it. Thank you for the help and responses. Look forward to being able to comment with experience from now on and not problems lol

Blog Entries

Glad you finally make it

Any news for next release? Been playing with this submod for a while now, and I do really enjoy it , however I think it needs some balances regarding units, hoping the next release will be much more enjoyable

Blog Entries

We're still working on it, doing our best to do it asap. No release date planned for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    We're still working on it, doing our best to do it asap. No release date planned for now.
    Ok thanks for the reply, hoping the best from you guys

Is it possible to somehow make Genoa playable faction again, since it was playable in versions before .8? (by tweaking some files)
    I prefer Italy stacked or it gets boring for me (easy way for Pisa to expand with no competition)

Also excited about your work!

Blog Entries

This is not planned. During the 12th century, Pisa was more powerful than Genoa. We don't have any free slot to add another faction. That means that if Genoa is brought back, another faction will have to go.

C:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\unit_models\bgskin\L?gbogmenn_lod0.mesh

"An error occourred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFile failed; code 123"

This code 123 error is driving me crazy. I tried changing windows displaying language to English, but didn't work.
    Please help.. I really want to play this mod

Blog Entries

Let's start form the beginning.
    Which version of Windows do you use?
    Have tried to install the game as Administrator?
    Have you followed the instruction as described in the 1st post?

Icon1 Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

Let's start form the beginning.
    Which version of Windows do you use?
    Have tried to install the game as Administrator?
    Have you followed the instruction as described in the 1st post?

Administrator activation - Yes.
    Following instruction guide - Yes.
    I use Windows 10

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I use Windows 10 and the version (Medieval II Total War : kingdoms 1.05) no steam.
    I copied the directory of the original game C:/ Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War just to H: SSHIP (instead of Medieval II total war)
    To go to the mod, my path is H: SSHIP / mods / SS6.3 / ...

Everything works fine !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I use Windows 10 and the version (Medieval II Total War : kingdoms 1.05) no steam.
    I copied the directory of the original game C:/ Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War just to H: SSHIP (instead of Medieval II total war)
    To go to the mod, my path is H: SSHIP / mods / SS6.3 / ...

Everything works fine !

I tried your way, but still doesn't work but thanks anyway....

Blog Entries

Try to unpack SSHIP in a temporary folder and merge the obtained data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.

Try to unpack SSHIP in a temporary folder and merge the obtained data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.

I tried that also, but same error occurred. Should I try MEGA file version then?