Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

Finally decided to give it a go and the install as shown at the beginning works perfectly. Thank you. One thing do you have a current campaign map? Everything I can find is off and I assume you made some region changes as you made updates. Thanks again for a great mod on a great mod...

Quote Originally Posted by rltmd317 View Post
    One thing do you have a current campaign map? Everything I can find is off and I assume you made some region changes as you made updates. Thanks again for a great mod on a great mod...
    This can be handy to have, due to how borders work...

You will probably want to just save that so you can use your image viewer to see it magnified as it is pretty small. (1 pixel = 1 tile in game)

Civis

The Carpathian Basin and the Balkan need to be reworked it is hard to bring together the possibilitis with the actual administrative situation but:
    Hungary
    -Transylvania is smaller it is just the hills, it is big but it start from the hills and ends with the hills the Capitol is good.
    -Nándorfehérvár is missing (Belgrade) it belongs to the southern Hungarian Plains
    -Upper Hungary had a capital with Nyitra there had settled the prince it is the old 1 world war Slovakia with the todays Ukrainian territories in Carpathian Basin (lol, it is just the hills and the rest to the east should belong to Visegrád... good question what is better for the game mechanics)
    -Székesfehérvár is the Capitol of Pannónia it is just Pannónia (religious center of Hungary at this days there was the tombs of the kings it is like Krakow)
    - the rest in the middle is Visegrád and not Esztergom, it is on the Pannónian part of the map north east the Donau south west the hills of Pilis. This was the Capitol of the kingdom in this times

Croatia
    -there was two countries Croatia and Slawonia like Olmoce (Moravia) and Prag (Czech), by the way it can be one region...
    -Between hungary and Venice there was a war for Zara that is Dalmácia only the islands and the coast, Zágráb without Zara should not have acces to the see
    - Bosnia was part of Croatia but eh eh eh it is different there should be a region with a small small unimportant village but giving 4 region is too much but only Zagreb and Zara is not enough

Valachs
    -moldavia
    -moldova
    -Wallachia
    (2 regions would be enough)

Do you need help should I make some research about this time I have some basic moding experiences.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

Thank you for the map...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ begri, thanks for the info. I agree that this part of the map may need some adjustment. If you have a map or able to copy the current SSHIP map with annotations, that would be very helpful.
    I haven't made a lot of researches for that area but Magyar Mod provides already some useful information about Hungary (see here). That should already help.
    To be honest, I'm more interested about information regarding the Balkans and more specifically Serbia. It's very difficult for me to find some precise pics of their units for instance. It seems that there's quite a lot of "confusion" between Serbia and some other factions in that area and about the periods as well.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Civis

Yeah the magyar mod is very good example for an acceptable map and the units are parfect at there.

Serbia, Bulgaria is problematic I don't have to much info about them.
    The only thing at Serbia that example Belgrad as a hungarian castle was a marriage gift to Serbia the authority was hungarian but they get special rights in the city. Serbia or the 2 Romanian (kuman, the old maps talk about these provinces as kuman provinces and they nobility is kuman, the rest is romanized thrakian and illyrian whous had fleed from the slavs and from bulgarians) principality was mostly vasal of Hungary or at least the king had handle them this way if he could.
    Bulgarians are much more problematic. Like the horse archer Hungarians they had east tribes at the Volga. the volgov Bulgarians and Hungarians had stop the first invasion of the mongols.

Civis

http://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/

The ultimate map portal

Awesome update guys, after a year away from TWC I can say this has taken me by surprise ! .

Blog Entries

Glad you like it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Give some kings purse income to cuman. Because with this systeam (great coruption) they simply cant expand. Income of they cities is completly cut cause of distance of they're provincies. Result is that Cuman AI mostly 'sits'.

Quote Originally Posted by begri View Post
    Yeah the magyar mod is very good example for an acceptable map and the units are parfect at there.

Serbia, Bulgaria is problematic I don't have to much info about them.
    The only thing at Serbia that example Belgrad as a hungarian castle was a marriage gift to Serbia the authority was hungarian but they get special rights in the city. Serbia or the 2 Romanian (kuman, the old maps talk about these provinces as kuman provinces and they nobility is kuman, the rest is romanized thrakian and illyrian whous had fleed from the slavs and from bulgarians) principality was mostly vasal of Hungary or at least the king had handle them this way if he could.
    Bulgarians are much more problematic. Like the horse archer Hungarians they had east tribes at the Volga. the volgov Bulgarians and Hungarians had stop the first invasion of the mongols.

Calling medieval Vlachs kuman. C'mon mate.

Civis

No vlachs and kumans are different of course but after the mongol invasion they settled down in Hungary and in wallachia and Moldova. Example vlad tepes was kuman noble. So they had merged into a one nation like the hungarian kuman had become part of Hungarians.

Civis

That is the intresting how can the game manage the movments of the kumans, my opinion that they should be removed from the game....
    An independent Czech kingdom would be far better or dependent Croatia, or mazovia or really anything else but not the kumans...
    More countries more dependency from each other, but a group of Iranian tribe whose later had become or hungarian or Romanian is eh, false way...

Civis

Balkan was so complex so intresting territory far much more intresting then the Iberian Peninsula, but that is well researched... Without.... You known these national miss explanations about the first pup.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, we have already reached the faction limits and as said by the past many times, no point for now to remove/add any faction.

Cumans are far more interesting than most of the people think. Like some other factions, we need to adjust them but I think that it would be a mistake to remove them.

Yes, i think that cumans are great civilization, they represented the unique steppe faction until the coming of mongols and also they can offer difficulties amd good game against rus factions,and also i love see a horde of horse archers and steppe warrior try to conquest russia or part of europe
    As i say before some cumans units could add for the hungarian region or for hungarian faction for represented the mixed of both factions
    And a good idea for represent factions that for the limits of the game is impossible is make ''unique units for uniques regions'' and hire as mercenaries, for example make bulgarian unit in these region for represent the bulgar faction, make swedish units for represented this faction...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Senator

Howdy gents, long time no see... got a new computer recently and have been having cravings for some Total War so I thought I'd check to see how SSHIP is going - great to see everything is alive and well! I can't wait to get stuck back in and see what sorts of developments have been made and also to hopefully test and dig up some bugs/suggestions just like old times.

How are things going? Have to admit I smiled when I saw v0.9 as the header, you guys must be pretty close to feeling like it's v1.0 by now! What's being worked on currently?

Is it required to download RR/RC?

My game crashed when I didn't have it installed and i've been looking for a download for it but can't find one.

Any help would be great, thanks

I've managed to find this website with the RC/RR but it doesn't give an installation guide nor do I know if it is even the right mod. If it is the right mod can anyone give me the steps to install it.

http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/

Also, how do you launch SS with SSHIP? Do you launch it with the vanila launcher or with the SS launch?

Efstratios's Avatar Libertus
    Where my entity is...in the deepest caverns of Khazad-dûm!

Hey guys

It has been a long time since I visited the forums,therefore I will be quick about what I have to say.

First of all,I tried the mod for 30ish turns with the Angles and the Byzantines. England was really fun at first destroying Scotland,but it became much harder when I faced France and Germany. The Byzantines are kinda interesting but,as it has been mentioned before,they can destroy the Rum Sultanate really fast (took me 5 turns not rushing). Yes I know the Byzantines had political problems and such,and I would love to see it represented in a much "better" way.

Overall this mod is great and I love it. I have tested Titanium and I have to say that both sub-mods are really good (with the exception that I will always prefer historical accuracy). Have you guys ever though to co-operate? And even if you can't due to obvious (maybe?) reasons.have you ever thought to share content? Meloo has many great ideas regarding to generals/princesses/fortresses etc. but then again as I have read,they will be either ahistorical or the AI will manage to find a way to mess things up.

Lastly, I wish to help in any way possible,for I really want to see this mod completed. I mostly do research and I prefer it that way(I have almost no experience whatsoever on developing and such with a few exceptions). I ask around,study books,browse the internet, which is something I do in my free time. I also want to mention that I found some bugs(minor typos) but I quess this is still a beta version.

***EDIT*** (a third time)

After re-reading the other forums and your reply,I have finally managed to stop rushing (for the last time I hope). You can enable/disable RR/RC in your launcher which you need to do it firstly before you install SSHIP
    Last edited by Efstratios; June 28, 2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typos and Rushing (and God knows what else)...
    In my own way of understanding the way life is,people should be more happy and read more books. At least that way,the world will be a better place after all...

Also,don't take everything I say seriously. Trying to have fun,while keeping my childish and joyous self with my latter and much more complicated sad one. I can say that I am the Yin-Yang of happiness