Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

@MWY: France and Kievan Rus get through manual battles fine, good call

I also loaded the Hungarian auto-save that was left in the FULL install (by mistake?). No CTD in a manual battle, but there were lots of silver surfer spear militia.

Yep that might look odd but it's intentionally so. Axe Militia should only be available to lower-level settlements. If you upgrade to a city watch, you get more spear man but there won't be any axe-militia to be recruited. So that's the thought behind it.

The same thing for the Landevearnmenn and other norse units, but I think I made a mistake there.

With aragon you were fighting against muslims I guess? That would probably be the reason.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

The Danes should have a cavalry unit as bodyguard (like the other NE factions). Only Norway has the Hirdmenn as bodyguard.
    I guess that some mistakes happens while merging our stuffs
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Maybe stupid question:

I now installed ss 6.4, what do i have to chose in setup (ai and so on) before installing hip? Does it still matter which ai is chosen there or you don't need to set anything up with 0.9?

Yeah, with Aragon I just charged my king at Valencia (Moors), to see if it crashed.

I guess I'll just refrain from upgrading my cities barracks any higher than Town Guard, if higher levels simply mean more, but weaker units, and penalties to city growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The Danes should have a cavalry unit as bodyguard (like the other NE factions). Only Norway has the Hirdmenn as bodyguard.
    I guess that some mistakes happens while merging our stuffs
    No, it was the same way in the previous version.
    The starting Danish bodyguards are Hirdmenn, but anyone born/recruited afterwards will be cavalry, to show how the Danish shifted away from the old-style Infantry Shieldwall, towards more central European mounted warfare

Quote Originally Posted by HansBertVogl View Post
    I know this won't help you much, but: I HAVE IT ALREADY DOWNLOADED, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016 - Temporary stopped

DUE TO SOME ERRORS IN THE CURRENT V0.9 RELEASE, WE HAVE DECIDED TO STOP THE DOWNLOAD TEMPORARY. THIS IS TO LET US FIX THESE ISSUES AND GIVE YOU A PLAYABLE RELEASE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND HOPE TO BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU SOMETHING VERY SOON.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016 - Temporary stopped

Yeah.. The Reason for the CTD's is that I forgot to put in the serbian bodyguards texture, aswell as all the new BC units. I have no clue how that happened.
    Danish Bodyguard Hirdmenn are fixed. I'll revise the Landevearnmenn recruitment a bit (we didn't have the higher armor level models before, that's why I thought that it made sense for the "really old norse style" to dissappear when cities start to grow to a more urban style, and later on you'll get better militia and you probably also want the building for the law bonus. So it's not necesarely worth it at the beginning, but it will be.), then I'll upload the short patch on zippyshare again, aswell as a hotfix for all of you who downloaded it already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    No, it was the same way in the previous version.
    The starting Danish bodyguards are Hirdmenn, but anyone born/recruited afterwards will be cavalry, to show how the Danish shifted away from the old-style Infantry Shieldwall, towards more central European mounted warfare
    That's a mistake. Danes bodyguards should be the same as for the other NE factions. Norway should keep the Hirdmenn as early bodyguard and then change slowly for a mounted version.
    Danes were more "in advance" compare to Norway due to their close contact with HRE. They were already westernized somehow during the 12th century while Norway was more "traditional".

Edit: @ MWY, don't waste time on the Norse rosters. I need to re-work them more or less entirely in order to make them accurate
    For info, Landevearmenn are more a late unit than an early one. Leidangr should be their early counterpart recruitable in cities and castles. After the mid 13th century (if I remember correctly - need to check my notes), Landevearmenn will replace them in cities but not in castles. I'll make a specific thread for them as there's a lot to explain
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 19, 2016 at 06:25 AM.

Looking forward to playing it guys there's been a lot of hard work put into it as I can see, not to bug you all but do you think between the few errors and with uploading the new or improved working links that it'll be able to be downloaded and up and running today sometime?

For me EVERY SINGLE battle crashes, not matter if campaign or custombattle nor which faction(s) i select.

For me EVERY SINGLE battle crashes, not matter if campaign or custombattle nor which faction(s) i select.
    There are some bugs currently being fixed. That's why the download have been suspended for now.

There are some bugs currently being fixed. That's why the download have been suspended for now.
    Yeah i know, just wanted to post my situation, as it seems everyone else just has issues with some factions.

Yeah i know, just wanted to post my situation, as it seems everyone else just has issues with some factions.
    Just for speculation; have you tried Denmark? That one worked for me, besieging Ribe.

Just for speculation; have you tried Denmark? That one worked for me, besieging Ribe.
    Did exactly that and it crashed.

Did exactly that and it crashed.
    Well, that sucks. Consistency in the bugs would be nice.. Easier to fix that way.

CTD with ERE attacking Ancrya on turn 3. Probably the same cause as above (missing eastern units which are probably BC in origin), but here's the massive log my comp laid just in case:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...9132505/fc603c

And just to add to the inconsistency, no CTD for me when I besieged Skadar and the rebels sallied against me - that battle was fought and won with no problems.

Just to get a bit more info: Are you guys using the Full install or installing the Short option over a clean SS 6.4 installation?

Short but imo it does not matter. We have to wait for their first round of fixing.