Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Thanks for your kind words Gents. Appreciate

@ VineFynn, each contribution to the mod is valuable
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    new features weren't really the focus of 0.9.6
    I agree with it. And this is the major advantage of our common work: fixing and cleaning what's under the hood.
    My submods weren't introducing new features either: the provincial and ministerial titles existed, so were the traits. The issue is: over years of modding, the modders would add their stuff without paying much notice to the others' work. The result was that many mechanisms didn't work due to the countering effects of the other mechanisms. (and frankly speaking there're still botched up mechanism to be fixed, I believe).

Blog Entries

^^ yes, there are still quite a lot
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I agree with it. And this is the major advantage of our common work: fixing and cleaning what's under the hood.
    My submods weren't introducing new features either: the provincial and ministerial titles existed, so were the traits. The issue is: over years of modding, the modders would add their stuff without paying much notice to the others' work. The result was that many mechanisms didn't work due to the countering effects of the other mechanisms. (and frankly speaking there're still botched up mechanism to be fixed, I believe).
    Yes. The overlapping functionality of the civil war and civil disorder traits is the principle one.
    Real life is balanced.

Civis

What can we expect in future releases ?

Question about later game stage.
    Does the game become harder in later stage ? And how hard it becomes compared to BGR IV? BGR IV makes me immerse in the world of thinking and making plans. The only thing is irritating is micromanaging traits and thats it.

On my wish list would be RRRC 2.0 partly implemented, or atleast cavalry nerfed.

P.S. settlement titles should atleast describe of which settlement they are. I having hard time differing then apart. It would be great to see this fixed.

cavalry nerf is easy, just change "melee hit rate" inside the battle_config.xml file, by default it's 3.0 so change it to like 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post

Question about later game stage.
    Does the game become harder in later stage ? And how hard it becomes compared to BGR IV? BGR IV makes me immerse in the world of thinking and making plans. The only thing is irritating is micromanaging traits and thats it.

On my wish list would be RRRC 2.0 partly implemented, or atleast cavalry nerfed.

P.S. settlement titles should atleast describe of which settlement they are. I having hard time differing then apart. It would be great to see this fixed.
    1. no idea about future. I've got plenty of ideas on fixing traits but I doubt they'll ever be implemented.
    2. BGR: I used to be a great fan but I got critical of many features, see my opinion here. I think many of the goals of the BGR are achieved in the SSHIP through other means - see may review here.
    3. if only there'd be somebody implementing RRRC2.0, I'd be in favour. but I don't expect it.
    4. settlement titles - ok, I'll take it into account and add the names to the descriptions. Thanks for advice, I'm looking for such experience-based observations.
    5. I've made some details getting more difficult as the game progresses (eg AI agents get buffs after 100 and 200 turns), but in general there's no such mechanism like in the BGR. I personaly think that the main way to limit snow-balling should be through lower Loyalty of the generals and increased chances of civil wars, and perhaps through financial outlays.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 10, 2019 at 02:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    For now, I'll focuse on the 2 main remaining issues, the archers bug (causing these black zebra across the screen) and the missing voices. Others issues can be checked while implementin,g other stuff.
    From there and related to the 1st point above, I'd like to review the animations. As Dekhatres said by the past, the SS one seem to have been "simplified" and I share his view about the old one being better on the fact that soldiers tended to move forward and to surround the ennemy.
    After that, we'll see. As JoC said, there are still many points to work on.

Hello, I would like to inform you that I just started to play newest version of SSHIP mod as Nowogorod and at my 8 turn fraction kingdom of Jerusalem was destroyed. looks like generals from the royal family were killed and 5 cites have became rebel.

Blog Entries

That's unfortunate but can happen unfortunately. That's just due to the fact that that faction has no more general alive as you mentionned yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    Hello, I would like to inform you that I just started to play newest version of SSHIP mod as Nowogorod and at my 8 turn fraction kingdom of Jerusalem was destroyed. looks like generals from the royal family were killed and 5 cites have became rebel.
    Fear not, they're likely to be back, there's a Special Script For Factions to Respawn From Slave-owned capitals after some time.

Keep up the good work!!!
    I see a new release, did EDU stats got some balance? btw how are you balancing EDU ??

Blog Entries

No, no change about the stats in the EDU.
    If you want to change them by yourself, check this thread

Thank You gentlemen's for Your answers. The death of all family members must therefore be only an unfortunate coincidence.
    I am also glad that such a script exist, i ll continue my campaign it gaves me a lot of fun.

Sincerely,
    Grathus

Blog Entries

Thanks! My good sirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    Thank You gentlemen's for Your answers. The death of all family members must therefore be only an unfortunate coincidence.
    I am also glad that such a script exist, i ll continue my campaign it gaves me a lot of fun.

Sincerely,
    Grathus
    It would be great if you reported on your campaign in the relevant thread - to inform other players etc. Perhaps with pics, or maybe statistical data.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Icon11 Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019https://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/icons/icon11.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It would be great if you reported on your campaign in the relevant thread - to inform other players etc. Perhaps with pics, or maybe statistical data.
    Thanks I will send some pics in there after some time playing

Hi, I think it's a really great mod, playing an early era french campaign at the moment.
    May I ask how to start a late era campaign? When I click on the option, and select custom campaign, only three nations are available, and when selecting either of them, nothing happens. I would really like to play a high era capmaign, and possibly a late are pike--and shot one. But sticking with the ealy-only campaign, players have to play countless hours to get to those times/technologies (and by that time usually dominating half of the world).
    Thanks for the answer in advance!

Blog Entries

The high era was started by MWY (inactive nowadays). That's still an alpha version quite buggy. I haven't spent time to look at it (not enough time for that) and can't say if it works or not with this release.
    If you really want to play it, download v0.9.2 and v0.9.5. That should do