Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2146616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Been having huge problems with logging in this past week, even after changing password 3 times. So I decided to create a new account, had some issues logging in here as well. But nevermind. Jurand you're spot on, on the forts, don't have anything to add there. Considering jihads on Constantinople, they barely happen, if at all. Most jihads go for Tunis, Jerusalem and than later against Mongols, usually in Mesopotamia.
    On one hand, this might be very historical. On the other, it opens the world to Byzantines, what is less historical.
    I think we need to nerf the Byzzantines, while keeping low-probability of jihads.
    But it'd interesting to see how many players also noticed that there're few jihads on the Polis?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Just out of curiosity, is that historical to set jihads on Constantinople? Note that, on gameplay side, it should be quite interesting.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 03, 2020 at 08:23 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    On one hand, this might be very historical. On the other, it opens the world to Byzantines, what is less historical.
    I think we need to nerf the Byzzantines, while keeping low-probability of jihads.
    But it'd interesting to see how many players also noticed that there're few jihads on the Polis?
    I said some time ago a proposal about nerf byzantines and moors...
    For moors is possible make a script or something for simulate the almohad invasion about 1154 with rebel armies of berbers and fanatics units near to Marrakech, Fez and Sigilmalsa, this will do to the players and AI fight against these armies and maybe lost rich settlements and stop the Iberian invasion( it is something similar to bulgarian rebellion for byzantines)
    For nerf byzantines is possible give more armies and strong to rum selyuks at the beginning of the game for simulate the invasion of turks in Anatolia, also make more rebellions and civil wars for byzantines ( it was historical, many emperors were assasinated)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

For Moors, is even more simple: just review the costs and avalaibility of their cavalry units. Without any land-bridge in Gibraltar, spawning Almohads may become an issue, the AI being unable to go and save its settlements in North Africa
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is that historical to set jihads on Constantinople? Note that, on gameplay side, it should be quite interesting.
    Definetely, historically Venice sacked the city while on Crusade and they were excomunicated . I think Consta should be a Jihad target or even Crusade , at least later in game , since Byz are very strong in almost every game i had

Blog Entries

Not really, that was a crusading army "being obedient" to Venice, not a jihad

Edit: after a quick search, yes constantinople can be considered as a jihad target (historically speaking ) from this fact:
    Ever since the Muslim prophet Mohammed sent a message in 628 to the Byzantine emperor Heraclius, summoning him to Islam, with the famous assertion, aslam taslam — that is, “submit [become Muslim], and you will have peace” — and the summons was refused, Constantinople became Islam’s arch-enemy. Mohammed even prophesied that the Christian capital would — indeed, must — fall to Islam, with blessings and rewards to the Muslim(s) fulfilling this prophecy.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 03, 2020 at 10:57 AM.

For Moors, is even more simple: just review the costs and avalaibility of their cavalry units. Without any land-bridge in Gibraltar, spawning Almohads may become an issue, the AI being unable to go and save its settlements in North Africa
    Mmmm yes, it can be a issue... But i think that is historical and also inmersive for the game see this almohad invasion and can figth with them... I dont know how is possible make real and playable for the gameplay, so i understand that is not possible that AI can defend these settlement come from Iberia...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hey, JoC. It's me again.

Currently 200+ turns in my current campaign, tweaking EDCT as I go. Mostly disabling triggers that make little sense, like
    - Staying in a village/town/city makes all generals utterly corrupt in no time
    - Generals become lazy because the player is unwilling to micro-manage this trait (send them out of the city they are governing every turn, move around, get them back to the city - why would any player want to do that?), forget the fact the generals are actually governing, which means working (taxes, building, trade tariffs, public order, other duties of a governor)
    - etc. (there's too many, but anyone can tweak them easily to their preference)

However, there are two major problems that are systemic.

1. SelfPerpetuating and ClearingHouse.

Okay, CH is great and I wish you made more CH triggers. That's the only thing that helps. Personally, I find it mildly annoying to read through lists and lists of 30+ traits (contradictive traits, mind you) of every general. E.g. how can a man be Trustworthy and Very Disloyal at the same time? Again, any player can make a new CH for Upright and Disloyal, no big deal.

SP is the real problem here. It simply doesn't work the way you (probably) expected. Your general just became a father, so he went to the tavern for the first time in his life to have a drink? Congratulations, he is virtually Drunken Heathen from now on, just give him a couple turns (literally). SP triggers fire all the time, thus making each and every general only have EXTREME levels of traits, both positive and negative. I lowered the chance for my own game to the minimum, but they still fire too often (Chance 1 is not 1% in this game apparently).

I know, a player could turn them off entirely, but I dig the idea of selfperpetuation in theory, only the implementation is sloppy, with all due respect. How about turning this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Coward_Selfperpetuating
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Coward > 0
    and Trait Wantschool < 1

Affects Coward 1 Chance 3

;------------------------------------------

Into something like this:

Trigger Coward_Selfperpetuating

Condition Trait Coward > 0
    and Trait Wantschool < 1
    and Attribute Chivalry < 5
    and Attribute Piety < 8
    and Attribute Loyalty < 10

In other words, make more conditions. Make high-stat generals be able to protect themselves against your negative traits. Loyalty 10 description basically says the character would give his life for the King and Kingdom without hesitation - some COWARD that is, eh?

I know it's a lot of work, but if you apply the same logic for all traits (max piety chars aren't likely to have extreme levels of "girls" trait for instance, etc) - the player experience would be so much better.

2. Ancillaries. Too many ancillaries.

So many cool features in this mod, so much hard work done. Province titles, offices, crowns, books - but the player can't see these features, because every generals has 8 ancillaries. Why can't we get rid of the useless ones (Biographer? +1 Authority? Even the FL doesn't need him, not to mention regular generals) and make the rest of them trigger less often (everyone and his dog has a retinue of Librarian, Treasurer, Overseer, Tax Collector and other filler they get during education). Honestly, by the time a general finishes his education, there's barely enough space to fit a province title.

My FL can't grant offices. He comes to the proper-infrastructure-city, gives away his only transferable ancillary (Treasurer), waits a turn for a Keeper of the Privy Seal to generate (his last office holder died a few turns ago), aaaand next turn he gets another Treasurer. Thanks. Can't even transfer this one because everyone has a Treasurer.

I guess there is no way to code a method of destroying ancillaries? Then can you please make them rare? And as a suggestion, why don't you make the books unique?
    (and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists)
    I find it a bit irritating when my scholar finds a book he doesn't need, gives it away to someone who does, then finds the same book again next turn.

P.S.: thank your for writing the code like you did. Very user-friendly and tweakable.
    Last edited by Lurker from Codex; March 13, 2020 at 03:30 AM.

Hi Lurex, thanks a lot for all these comments. It's exactly what's needed to move modding forward.
    The traits and ancillaries are indeed something that needs working on. You example "lazy" is definitly something that's untouched since SS6.4, or maybe vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker from Codex View Post
    (Chance 1 is not 1% in this game apparently)
    - I fully agree, see here for a discussion.

selfperpetuation ... make more conditions. Make high-stat generals be able to protect themselves against your negative traits.
    yes, indeed.

" I find it mildly annoying to read through lists and lists of 30+ traits (contradictive traits, mind you) of every general. E.g. how can a man be Trustworthy and Very Disloyal at the same time?"
    Actually two issues are here:
    - contradictory traits - yes, indeed, I gradually take away such stupidities but it's long way to go. I hope it's already better than it was. You may discern it in one of the more recent changes:
    Code:
    ;----------------------------------------------------- teenagerTrigger Body_Handsome_Teenager
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition Trait Wantschool > 0    ; lasts 12 turns, no upper limit as an ugly duck can develop into a beautiful swan
           and Trait Handsome > 3      ; if he's already ugly, more care for himself won't help much, saddly

Affects Handsome 1 Chance 10

;----------------------------------------------------- staying with builidings
    Trigger Body_Handsome_artist_studio

Condition Trait Handsome > 3
           and Trait Handsome < 8
           and Trait WellGroomed > 0
           and CharacterAge < 40
           and SettlementBuildingExists >= artist_studio

Affects Handsome 1 Chance 5

Trigger Body_Handsome_theatre

and Trait Handsome < 8
           and Trait WellGroomed > 0
           and CharacterAge < 40
           and SettlementBuildingExists >= theatre

Trigger Body_WellGroomed_bath_house

and SettlementBuildingExists >= bath_house
    	   and Attribute Chivalry > 0

Affects WellGroomed 1 Chance 5

;---------------------------------------------------- events in life
    Trigger Body_Handsome_SeverelyWounded

Condition Trait SeverelyWounded > 0
           and Trait Handsome > 3

Affects Handsome -1 Chance 10

Trigger Body_Handsome_Diseased

Condition Trait Diseased > 0

Trigger Body_Handsome_Plague
     WhenToTest SettlementHasPlague

Condition Trait Handsome > 1

Trigger Body_Handsome_TooMuchDrinking_DuringPlague

Condition Trait Drink > 2
           and Trait Handsome > 3

Trigger Body_Handsome_Alcoholic

Condition Trait Drink > 4
           and Trait Handsome > 3

;-------------------------------------------------- impact of WellGroomed on Handsome
    Trigger Body_WellGroomed_Impacts_Handsome

Condition Trait WellGroomed > 1    ; not simply caring to be tidy, but more
           and Trait Handsome > 3       ; not possible to improve a tragic situation
           and Trait Handsome < 7       ; the use of cosmetics has it's limits
           and Trait FitForOffice > 1   ; must be rational and healthy to do it

;-------------------------------------------------- impact of other traits
    Trigger Body_TourneyKnight_Impacts_WellGroomed

Condition Trait WellGroomed < 2    ; can get basic idea of being tidy, but no more
           and Trait TourneyKnight > 2  ; if he's accustomed to courtly life
           and Trait FitForOffice > 1   ; must be rational and healthy to do it

Trigger Body_Cultured_Impacts_WellGroomed

Condition Trait WellGroomed < 3      ; not max, but much
           and Trait Cultured > 2
           and Trait FitForOffice > 1

Trigger Body_ExpensiveTastes_Impacts_WellGroomed

Condition Trait ExpensiveTastes > 1
           and Trait FitForOffice > 1

Affects WellGroomed 1 Chance 5         ; it can go max

Trigger Body_Alcohol_Impacts_WellGroomed

Condition Trait Drink > 4 

Affects WellGroomed -1 Chance 10        ; it can go down to 0 if Alcoholic

Trigger Body_Gambling_Impacts_WellGroomed

Condition Trait Gambling > 3            ; it can go down to 0 if life is spent on the cards

Affects WellGroomed -1 Chance 10

;---------------------------------------------------- clearing houses 
    Trigger Body_Handsome_Not_WellGroomed_Max
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait WellGroomed < 1
           and Trait Handsome > 7

Affects Handsome -1 Chance 100

Trigger Body_Handsome_Scars_Some_ClearingHouse

Condition Trait BattleScarred > 1
           and Trait Handsome > 5

Trigger Body_Handsome_Scars_Many_ClearingHouse

Condition Trait BattleScarred > 2
           and Trait Handsome > 3

;-------------------------------------------
    Trigger Body_Handsome_StartCampaign

Condition I_TurnNumber = 0
           and Trait Handsome < 1

Affects Handsome 5 Chance 100

Trigger Body_Handsome_LowerBound_Technical

Condition Trait Handsome < 1

Affects Handsome 1 Chance 100
    - the number of traits a general has - I do think about this issue and I want to limit the number of the traits. Perhaps by cutting down the number of traits. Especially for lower difficulties. One of the goals of my modding is: EACH trait should to be relevant for the player because of the gameplay, not because of the benefits it provides. Take "Disciplinarian" - the player should pay attention because it increased the likehood of morale of troops staying high (so he looks through the generals to pick the right one to lead the army on the offensive), not the direct benefits. Furtheremore, the more important traits should appear first in the list.

Ancillaries. Too many ancillaries
    Indeed. This is another part I'm working on.
    For instance, a general will get only one educational ancillary.
    Code:
    ;---------- EDUCATION ---------------------; significant (2) benefits throughout life 
    ; also help teenagers in education compensating lack of Intelligence
    ; so that a teenager can be not-Intelligent but still learn something,
    ; but if he's Intelligent a Tutor won't make such a big difference

;------------------------------------------ mentor: only for Military, at CoA with good father
    Ancillary mentor 
     Type Education 
     Transferable 0 
     Image mentor.tga 
     ExcludedAncillaries tutor, academic_advisor
     Description mentor_desc 
     EffectsDescription mentor_effects_desc 
     Effect Command 1 
     Effect HitPoints 1

;------------------------------------------ tutor: only for Admin, at CoA with good father
    Ancillary tutor 
     Type Education 
     Transferable 0 
     Image tutor.tga 
     ExcludedAncillaries mentor, academic_advisor
     Description tutor_desc 
     EffectsDescription tutor_effects_desc 
     Effect Piety 1 
     Effect Trading 10 

;------------------------------------------ academic_advisor: only from University during education
    Ancillary academic_advisor 
     Type Education 
     Transferable 0 
     Image academic_scholar.tga 
     ExcludedAncillaries mentor, tutor
     Description academic_advisor_desc 
     EffectsDescription academic_advisor_effects_desc 
     Effect Trading 10 
     Effect TaxCollection 10
    Code:
    ;=========================================================================== Education
    ;---------- Education -------------------------------------- 
    ; Mentor for martial matters, Tutor & EconAdv for civilian
    ; all are mutually excluded
    ; Mentor and Tutor received at CoA thanks to Father&Mother
    ; EconAdv received during education at university due to own traits

;------------------------------------------ mentor
    Trigger Mentor_Father_Military
     WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge 

Condition FatherTrait MilitaryInclination > 0
    	and Trait MilitaryInclination > 0 

AcquireAncillary mentor chance 10

Trigger Mentor_Father_AuthorityHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Authority > 5

Trigger Mentor_Father_AuthorityLow

Condition FatherAttribute Authority > 2

Trigger Mentor_Father_CommandHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Command > 5

Trigger Mentor_Father_ChivalryHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Chivalry > 5

Trigger Mentor_Father_DreadHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Chivalry < -5

Trigger Mentor_Father_Intelligent

Condition FatherTrait Intelligent > 6

Trigger Mentor_Mother_Wise

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsWise > 2   ; on purpose more difficult than Tutor

;------------------------------------------  to compensate pagans for they don't have a chance for Academic Advisor
    Trigger Mentor_SBC_Perkunas
     WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted 

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= perkunas_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

AcquireAncillary mentor chance 33

Trigger Mentor_SBC_Dievas

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= dievas_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_Giltine

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= giltine_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_Tengir

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= tengir_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_CPerkunas

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= c_perkunas_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_CDievas

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= c_dievas_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_CGiltine

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= c_giltine_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Mentor_SBC_CTengir

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= c_tengir_altar 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

;--------------------------------------------------------- tutor
    Trigger Tutor_Father_AuthorityHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Authority > 5
    	and Trait GovernorInclination > 0 

AcquireAncillary tutor chance 10

Trigger Tutor_Father_AuthorityLow

Condition FatherAttribute Authority > 2

Trigger Tutor_Father_PietyHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Piety > 5

Trigger Tutor_Father_LoyaltyHigh

Condition FatherAttribute Loyalty > 5

Trigger Tutor_Father_Intelligent

Condition FatherTrait Intelligent > 6

Trigger Tutor_Mother_Wise

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsWise > 1

;--------------------------------------------------------- academic_advisor
    Trigger Academic_Advisor_University_Intelligent

Condition SettlementBuildingExists >= university 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 
    	and Trait Intelligent > 6

AcquireAncillary academic_advisor chance 5 

Trigger Academic_Advisor_University_MathematicsSkill

and Trait Wantschool > 0 
    	and Trait MathematicsSkill > 0

Trigger Academic_Advisor_University_Introvert

and Trait Wantschool > 0 
    	and Trait Introvert > 0

Trigger Academic_Advisor_Intelligent_GreatLibrary

Condition SettlementBuildingExists > library 
    	and Trait Intelligent > 5
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

Trigger Academic_Advisor_SBC_GreatLibrary

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished > library
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

AcquireAncillary academic_advisor chance 33

Trigger Academic_Advisor_SBC_University

Condition SettlementBuildingFinished >= university 
    	and Trait Wantschool > 0 

AcquireAncillary academic_advisor chance 33

Have to agree with cutting down traits and ancillaries.
    If nothing else fewer triggers means time saved for the AI and the human player.
    IIRC the AI is also tested for these triggers, but has no way of countering negative ones.
    For preference I'd rather we have fewer traits and ancillaries, but make them only positive, so you can't go below zero into anti-traits.
    Ancillaries one can pass between generals and family members, so keep an eye on older ones who aren't up-to-scratch, and pass anything of worth to other generals or family members.
    Then send them off to a glorious death somewhere.

Scrapping self-perpetuating traits sounds like good idea as well.

Hey,

I just came back to check on beautiful SSHIP and downloaded the latest versions.

You do recommend VH/VH, don't you? Or was it H/H?

I tested Aragon and the family tree only shows the King and Heir, not the thirs family member in Navarre.
    The king passed away on turn 2.

The 3rd family member, who became heir, is not visible on the family tree. I suppose when the newly crowned king (aged 50+) dies, the family tree will be useless...

Is this a bug?

A couple more questions:
    - Garrison script? Is it somehow implemented?
    - BYG IV or at least supply system is implemented?

Thanks for the ongoing effort and generosity.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Have now installed SSHIP latest version with patch.
    Playing as England.
    A few observations.

Present day Caernarfon in North wales is a evolution of the original welsh "yr gaer yn arfon" which is a better fit than the renderings of Kaerenarvon and Caerenarvon found in the Brut.

Note there is no letter k or letter v in the welsh alphabet.
    ------------------------

mercenaries - saxon huscarls in england in 1130s England ?
    Nope none still alive then
    Any that survived the uprisings against the norman invaders had either died or fled abroad by this date.
    They need removing.
    ----------------

English roster
    professional longbow archers didn't exist in England at this time.
    You might find a few mercenary crossbowmen employed in garrisons.
    Any archers in England at this time would be equipped with longbows, but were poorly trained and used in small numbers.
    Fyrd spearmen and spear militia are the same people in England
    The fyrd being anglo-saxon in origin didn't exist outside of England, so it would simpler to delete them completely so England can recruit basic spearmen everywhere.
    The fyrd went out of use during the 12th century anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Have to agree with cutting down traits and ancillaries.
    If nothing else fewer triggers means time saved for the AI and the human player.
    IIRC the AI is also tested for these triggers, but has no way of countering negative ones.
    For preference I'd rather we have fewer traits and ancillaries, but make them only positive, so you can't go below zero into anti-traits.
    Ancillaries one can pass between generals and family members, so keep an eye on older ones who aren't up-to-scratch, and pass anything of worth to other generals or family members.
    Then send them off to a glorious death somewhere.

Scrapping self-perpetuating traits sounds like good idea as well.
    Cutting down is easier said than done ;-)
    And simple cutting down (or even softening an effect) without knowing the ins-and-outs of the mechanisms may break the mod. Very dangerous.
    But we'll try to cut down the traits, or at least make each trait meaningful, or appearing only at higher difficulties. Eg. army morale will be now only for VH (the code is here)
    "Army Morale" system completely re-modded:- now it's not about being in abroad/home, but about the weariness of the troops (obviously, they get wearier when they're abroad, but also after exhaustive marching);
    - two traits fused into one, NGB removed; added trait ArmyIsCamping;
    - it is operational for for VeryHard difficulty ONLY;
    - a full explanation info about the system has been included in the game;
    - each general gets information about state of his troops (with hints how to deal with the problem if morale deteriorates);
    - if the army is in a camp(=resting), there'll be trait informing about this as well (and the morale recovers faster);
    - faster recovery of morale in lands with own religion population;
    - Disciplinarian/BadDisciplinarian re-done: benefits, triggers, effects for other traits, descriptions: the main role of this trait is to make losing morale slower/faster.

Time of the turn is impacted mainly by the script mechanisms and one or ten traits don't make much change (while one script mechanism is usually multiplied by 28 factions then by the number of settlement etc - exponential increase)

Indeed, the AI doesn't know about mechanisms and has to be compensated/prevented somehow. It may mean additional triggers:
    Code:
    ;--- AI doesnt know how to deal with this trait -----Trigger AI_Coward_Normalization

Condition not FactionIsLocal
           and Trait Coward > 0

Affects Coward -1 Chance 10 

Trigger AI_Brave_Normalization

and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Brave 1 Chance 10 
     Affects Brave -1 Chance 5
    It may also mean direct bonuses:

And it should be differenciated between difficulties - so the Very Hard is going to be Very Hard, not Sheeply:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------ AI boost difficulty levelsTrait AI_Boost_Difficulty
     Characters family
     Hidden

Level Hidden
       Description Hidden_desc
       EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
       Threshold 1 

Effect Command 1 
       Effect Piety 1
       Effect Loyalty 1 
       Effect TroopMorale 1
       Effect MovementPoints 2 
       Effect LineOfSight 10       ; improves the CAI behaviour
       Effect SiegeEngineering 20  ; less likehood for AI break a siege
       Effect LocalPopularity 2
       Effect Construction 10      ; the only way to induce the AI to build something

Level Ai_Boost_Hard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 2 

Effect Command 1 
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2
       Effect TroopMorale 2
       Effect MovementPoints 4 
       Effect LineOfSight 12
       Effect SiegeEngineering 40
       Effect LocalPopularity 4
       Effect Construction 15

Level Ai_Boost_VeryHard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 3 

Effect Command 1 
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2 
       Effect TroopMorale 3
       Effect MovementPoints 6 
       Effect LineOfSight 14
       Effect SiegeEngineering 60
       Effect LocalPopularity 6
       Effect Construction 20
    Anciallries - indeed, pass those useful to the other characters. However, many ancillaries cannot be passed - and this mechanism will be upheld in the cases considered historical.

There're mechanisms (and they'll be fine-tuned in the future) to make the old mechanism of sending a bad general on the ship to a certain death very costly for the player or impossible for other reasons (it's really not historical, if only the kings could execute anybody with impunity there'd be no rebellions at all - everybody would get killed)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 15, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    A couple more questions:
    - Garrison script? Is it somehow implemented?
    - BYG IV or at least supply system is implemented?

Thanks for the ongoing effort and generosity.
    Garrison script is not there, alas. The modder, tmodelsk, who did it for 092 and was supposed to do it for the mod, suddenly gave up modding and is not willing to come back (I've asked him recently).

BGR mechanisms in the SSHIP - see my entry here reviewing the issues.

The supply system is included in the SSHIP (recently somebody has complained about disappearing money during a siege), but it will be remodelled in the next patch and will work only for Very Hard difficulty:
    Preparing a military attack
    [note that this system works only at the Very Hard campaign difficulty]\n The sinews of war is money, and money is something you should gather before conducting any offensive expedition. The amount depends on the length of the operation you’re going to conduct and the skills of the general. Be careful to look through the traits of that general and assess the costs beforehand! \n First, you’ll have to pay for your army traveling through enemy lands. If the general has basic Logistical Skill or Advanced Military Education or is accompanied by a Military Engineer you’ll pay 500 florins a turn. If he is a Logistical Expert, you will pay only 250. If he does not have any of those skills, it will cost you 1000. \n Your army may also travel by sea during such an expedition. If your general has Logistical Skills or your Faction Leader has Maritime Interests, you’ll pay 500 florins for staying on board a boat at the end of the turn. Otherwise you will pay 1000. \n Once you lay a siege to an enemy settlement, you’ll have to cover higher expenses. If the generals is a GoodEngineer or is accompanied by a Siege Engineer (ancillary), you’ll pay 1500 florins. If he does not, you will pay 2000 (this is instead of the above mentioned costs of traveling). \n You don’t pay anything if you’re on a crusade of jihad, but you’ll start paying once you the crusade/jihad ends. Bear in mind that there is one-time upfront payment for any general joining crusade. \n The exception to the above described costs are the pagan factions: Lithuania and the Cumans. They always pay 250 florins per general on the move and 1500 per general besieging, and the full price by boat. \n Remember that you don’t pay anything if you’re in home territories. This also means that once you successfully conclude the siege, you won’t pay anymore. If you are just on be border, it is always better to stay on the own side. \n Finally, take note that these costs will not be shown in the financial panel – neither ex-ante, nor ex-post. They will be automatically deducted from your treasury: money will just disappear. However, it will be communicated to you in the traits of the characters and in the messages popping out at the start of your turn.

The current code for generosity in game is:
    Code:
    ;========================================================================================= Generous & Miserly;-------- GENEROSITY --------------------------------
    ; there're some events a CoA giving the initial values
    ; many triggers of low probability in other sections

;----- events in life -----------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------

Trigger Generous_Nation_Swimming_In_Money

Condition Treasury > 30000
           and FactionIsLocal
           and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Generous 1 Chance 4
     Affects Corrupt 1 Chance 2
     Affects Embezzler 1 Chance 2

Trigger Miserly_Nation_In_Debt

Condition Treasury < 0
           and FactionIsLocal
    	   and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Miserly 1 Chance 4

;----- impact of other traits ---------------------------

Trigger Miserly_Because_GoodTaxman

Condition Trait GoodTaxman > 2
           and FitForOffice > 1

Affects Miserly 1 Chance 2

;----- self-perpetuation --------------------------------

Trigger Generous_Selfperpetuating

Condition Trait Generous > 0

Affects Generous 1 Chance 2

;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger Generous_Selfperpetuating_InOldAge

Condition Trait Senile > 1
           and Trait Generous > 0

Affects Generous 1 Chance 10

Trigger Miserly_Selfperpetuating

Condition Trait Miserly > 0
           and FitForOffice > 1
    	   and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Miserly 1 Chance 4

;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger Miserly_Selfperpetuating_InOldAge

Condition Trait Senile > 1
           and Trait Miserly > 0

Affects Miserly 1 Chance 10     ; high chance as this trigger will fire only few times (it's not long before death)

;----- NoGoingBack and ClearingHouse --------------------

Trigger Generous_NoGoingBack

Condition Trait Generous > 1
           and Trait Generous < 3

Affects Generous 10 Chance 100

Trigger Miserly_NoGoingBack

Condition Trait Miserly > 1
           and Trait Miserly < 3

Affects Miserly 10 Chance 100

Trigger Miserly_Generous_ClearingHouse_1

Condition Trait Miserly > 1
           and Trait Generous > 1

Affects Miserly -2 Chance 100
     Affects Generous -2 Chance 100

Trigger Miserly_Generous_ClearingHouse_2

Condition Trait Miserly > 0
           and Trait Generous > 0

Affects Miserly -1 Chance 100
     Affects Generous -1 Chance 100

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Garrison script is not there, alas. The modder, tmodelsk, who did it for 092 and was supposed to do it for the mod, suddenly gave up modding and is not willing to come back (I've asked him recently).

BGR mechanisms in the SSHIP - see my entry here reviewing the issues.

The supply system is included in the SSHIP (recently somebody has complained about disappearing money during a siege), but it will be remodelled in the next patch and will work only for Very Hard difficulty:
    Preparing a military attack
    [note that this system works only at the Very Hard campaign difficulty]\n The sinews of war is money, and money is something you should gather before conducting any offensive expedition. The amount depends on the length of the operation you’re going to conduct and the skills of the general. Be careful to look through the traits of that general and assess the costs beforehand! \n First, you’ll have to pay for your army traveling through enemy lands. If the general has basic Logistical Skill or Advanced Military Education or is accompanied by a Military Engineer you’ll pay 500 florins a turn. If he is a Logistical Expert, you will pay only 250. If he does not have any of those skills, it will cost you 1000. \n Your army may also travel by sea during such an expedition. If your general has Logistical Skills or your Faction Leader has Maritime Interests, you’ll pay 500 florins for staying on board a boat at the end of the turn. Otherwise you will pay 1000. \n Once you lay a siege to an enemy settlement, you’ll have to cover higher expenses. If the generals is a GoodEngineer or is accompanied by a Siege Engineer (ancillary), you’ll pay 1500 florins. If he does not, you will pay 2000 (this is instead of the above mentioned costs of traveling). \n You don’t pay anything if you’re on a crusade of jihad, but you’ll start paying once you the crusade/jihad ends. Bear in mind that there is one-time upfront payment for any general joining crusade. \n The exception to the above described costs are the pagan factions: Lithuania and the Cumans. They always pay 250 florins per general on the move and 1500 per general besieging, and the full price by boat. \n Remember that you don’t pay anything if you’re in home territories. This also means that once you successfully conclude the siege, you won’t pay anymore. If you are just on be border, it is always better to stay on the own side. \n Finally, take note that these costs will not be shown in the financial panel – neither ex-ante, nor ex-post. They will be automatically deducted from your treasury: money will just disappear. However, it will be communicated to you in the traits of the characters and in the messages popping out at the start of your turn.

Can you please allow the supply system on Hard as well? I dont play on VH due to hyper aggressiveness etc, but H seems like a sweat spot imho. garrison script would also be great, as one of the things ive noticed in my play-thorough is that AI garrisoning its cities very poorly. also, not sure it is intended, but some mercs costs seem a little inconsistent: you can hire skirmishers in Portugal for over one thousand yet the line infantry (spearmen) is available for less than half of that?

excellent mod though, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    Can you please allow the supply system on Hard as well? I dont play on VH due to hyper aggressiveness etc, but H seems like a sweat spot imho. garrison script would also be great, as one of the things ive noticed in my play-thorough is that AI garrisoning its cities very poorly. also, not sure it is intended, but some mercs costs seem a little inconsistent: you can hire skirmishers in Portugal for over one thousand yet the line infantry (spearmen) is available for less than half of that?

excellent mod though, keep it up
    Hi Sarkiss,
    well, I just want to have an answer to anybody complaining "why it's so hard with this script". It's actually there at the moment, but now it will be visible for the player (not just sudden disappearing of money), it will be possible to cope with by using the right generals, but it will be more costly if the player doesn't pay attention.

I'll think about making it for the hard as well, but I'm not sure. Maybe only after the feedback from the players.

Concerning the AI: the changelong for the next version of the SSHIP:
    "- the 3 AI boosting traits reviewed, fixed, and extended (only in EDCT; there're mechanisms in the script left untouched for now)."

the relevant code:
    Code:
    ;========================================================;----- AI boost triggers --------------------------------
    ;========================================================

;------------------------------------------ AI difficulty levels boost
    Trigger AI_Boost_Difficulty_MarriedBribed_Remove

Condition IsGeneral
           and CharacterIsLocal
           and Trait AI_Boost_Difficulty > 0

Affects AI_Boost_Difficulty -3 Chance 100

Trigger Ai_Boost_Diff_Normal

and IsGeneral
           and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel = 2
           and Trait AI_Boost_Difficulty < 1

Affects AI_Boost_Difficulty 1 Chance 100 

Trigger Ai_Boost_Diff_Hard

and IsGeneral
           and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel = 3

Affects AI_Boost_Difficulty 2 Chance 100 

Trigger Ai_Boost_Diff_VeryHard

and IsGeneral
           and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel = 4

Affects AI_Boost_Difficulty 3 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ AI FL and FH boost
    Trigger AIb_remove

Condition CharacterIsLocal
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost > 1

Affects NaturalAiBoost -3 Chance 100

Trigger AIb_general_boost

Condition IsGeneral
           and not CharacterIsLocal
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost < 1

Affects NaturalAiBoost 1 Chance 100

Trigger AIb_heir_boost

Condition IsFactionHeir
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost > 0
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost < 2

Trigger AI_leader_boost

Condition IsFactionLeader
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost > 1
           and Trait NaturalAiBoost < 3

;------------------------------------------ AI move boost
    ; 1 - immobile, 2 - very slow, 3 - no change, 4 - faster, 5 - fast

;------------------------------------------ 5->0
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Remove_Human

Condition FactionIsLocal
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix > 0

Affects Ai_MoveFix -5 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 0->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Starter

and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 1

Affects Ai_MoveFix 3 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 5->3, 4->2
    Trigger Ai_Besieging5

Condition IsBesieging
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix > 3

Affects Ai_MoveFix -2 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 3->2
    Trigger Ai_Besieging3

Condition IsBesieging
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix > 2

Affects Ai_MoveFix -1 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 1->3, 2->4
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_MoveYourAss_InWild

Condition not EndedInSettlement
           and not IsBesieging
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 3
    	   and not FactionIsLocal

Affects Ai_MoveFix 2 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 3->1, 4->2, 5->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_StayInSettlement_AdminMind

Condition EndedInSettlement
    	   and Trait MilitaryInclination < 1
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 4
    	   and not FactionIsLocal

;------------------------------------------ 3->1, 4->2, 5->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_StayInSettlement_MilMind

Condition EndedInSettlement
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 4
    	   and CharacterAge > 50
    	   and not FactionIsLocal

;------------------------------------------ 1->2, 2->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_MoveYourAss

Condition not IsBesieging
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 3
    	   and Trait Wantschool < 1
    	   and CharacterAge < 50
    	   and not FactionIsLocal

Affects Ai_MoveFix 1 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 3->4
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Faster_Abroad

Condition InEnemyLands
           and not IsBesieging
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 4
    	   and not FactionIsLocal

Affects Ai_MoveFix 1 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 4->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Slower_Abroad

Condition InEnemyLands
           and not IsBesieging
           and RemainingMPPercentage < 50
           and TimeInRegion < 3
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix > 3

;------------------------------------------ 5->3, 4->2, 3->1
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Rest_After_Battle_Abroad
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition Trait Ai_MoveFix > 2
    	   and InEnemyLands

;------------------------------------------ 4->3
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix_Slower_If_Home

Condition not InEnemyLands
           and Trait Ai_MoveFix > 3

Thanks for pointing the Lusitanian Javelinmen and co. mercs - this is an oversight, I'll fix it.

Not really, that was a crusading army "being obedient" to Venice, not a jihad

Edit: after a quick search, yes constantinople can be considered as a jihad target (historically speaking ) from this fact:
    Yes Lifth, about this you know that muslims wanted to conquist Constantinople as jihad tarjet, the big examples are the 2 great arabs sieges at the beginning of the medieval ages...

ARAB SIEGE 674-678
    The Byzantines had to bear during this century the full power of Islamic expansion. As a consequence, they lost Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Cyprus, suffered assaults in Asia Minor and finally the attack on Constantinople itself took place. In 674 Constantinople was attacked by the Arabs both by land and by sea. The Arabs were unable to storm the walls and had to settle for blocking Constantinople by sea, occasionally launching attacks on the Byzantines over the next 3 years. In 677 the Battle of Silea took place, in which the Byzantines used for the first time their secret weapon, the Greek Fire, a highly flammable substance, of chemical composition that is still discussed today, which caused havoc in the Arab fleet. According to Theophan's Chronography, 30,000 Arabs died in battle. After this resounding victory the Arabs withdrew, although they would try again.

II ARAB SIEGE 717-718
    In 717 an impressive Arab army launched to conquer Constantinople. The Arab forces were made up of 80,000 men and a fleet of 1,800 ships. With these forces the Arabs intended to besiege Constantinople, prevent the arrival of reinforcements and block the Byzantine fleet.
    The site lasted exactly one year, from August 717 to August 718. During the siege the Arab forces and fleet suffered heavy losses, mainly due to the "Greek Fire". Arab losses were increased by a particularly harsh winter, which wreaked havoc among troops unaccustomed to this climate. Unfortunately for the Arabs, the Bulgarians came to the aid of the Byzantines and in Adrianople the Bulgarian forces defeated the Arabs, forcing them to lift the siege of Constantinople. The Arab disaster was enormous, they lost around 40,000 men and a large part of the fleet. The defeat was not only material, but also psychological, the Arabs would never try to conquer Constantinople again, considering this task impossible. The destruction of two fleets, and the loss of more than 70,000 men in less than half a century, was too hard a blow.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I can't download this patch - the file is no longer available, or so it says. Is there another link we can use?

Blog Entries

I'll check that. On ModDB, you have the full package (Mod + Patch).

Edit: I've checked and the patch is still downloadable. You can also try this link
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 21, 2020 at 12:36 AM.

I'll check that. On ModDB, you have the full package (Mod + Patch).

Edit: I've checked and the patch is still downloadable. You can also try this link
    Ah, thanks a lot. I tried the link from JoC's post that didn't work; it looks like he removed it.

Is the change on mercenary cost an intended feature? It's so cheap compared to the previous patch. I don't think I will use it for a while lest I abuse it.