Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15405556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Foederatus

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Just a quick thing I noticed while playing ze Reich , there are no titles for Hamburg, Ulm, Olomouc. Also buildings like mines still cant be finished

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hamburg, Ulm, Olomouc - yeah, coded Trieste for the moment, I haven't fixed this yet, as shown in this map:

mines - I have no clue why it's the case..

Any more news from Reich?

In the next patch I've fixed the crown:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;========== Crown of HRE ==============================;
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger crown_hre_HRE_achiever
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and EndedInSettlement
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 3
    and SettlementName Cologne
    and SettlementBuildingExists = cathedral
    and FactionType hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Brandenburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Lubeck = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Bremen = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Utrecht = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Hamburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Frankfurt = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Trier = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Nuremburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Basel = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Vienna = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Cologne = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Ratisbon = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Leuven = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Speyer = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Ulm = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Freiburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Arles = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Lyon = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Genoa = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Milan = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Verona = hre
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists crown_hre

AcquireAncillary crown_hre chance 100

Trigger crown_france_HRE_FatherLegacy

and EndedInSettlement
    and FactionType hre
    and Trait Crownholder > 2
    and Trait Crownholder < 4
    and SettlementName Cologne
    and SettlementBuildingExists = cathedral

Trigger crown_hre_HRE_AI

and not FactionIsLocal
    and FactionType hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Bremen = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Utrecht = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Hamburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Frankfurt = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Trier = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Nuremburg = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Basel = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Vienna = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Cologne = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Ratisbon = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Leuven = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Speyer = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Ulm = hre
    and I_SettlementOwner Freiburg = hre

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 14, 2020 at 06:33 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

About mines, that's still the same bug due to the condition in the EDB. But unfortunately, it sems that the only way to resolve it is to remove the condition itself
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Goals/Work to be done for futur release

Guys,
    patch for today is here. It's cumulative: includes the previous patches.

Before you play, run file del_textbin.bat that is in the main folder of the mod.

Changelog:

CROWNS:
    - changes introduced as described on the relevant webpage;
    - the mechanisms of getting the crown are in, but the payments;
    - updated lists of provinces for crowns for Scotland, England, France, Norway, Denmark, Poland, HRE, Lithuania (ie. they're fully working now);
    - they're available for the player based on the list of provinces and on legacy from the father, and also available for the AI (with shorter list of provinces).

PROVINCIAL TITLES
    /modifications here were much assisted by j.a.luna - thanks a lot to him!/
    - the changes announced two years ago as version 3 of the PTF submod introduced;
    - information for the players about their effects and uses introduced;
    - trait Titled provides now the standard benefits, while the ancillaries the additional benefits;
    - the effects of the PTs for 67 settlements have been balanced and updated: for Catholics and Orthodox:
    - 67 provinces: Oslo, Bergvin, Skara, Sigtuna, Visby, Kalmar, Lund, Roskilde, Ribe, Goroden, Twangste, Kernave, Riga, Kolyvan, Turku, Szczecin, Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow, Plock, Gdansk, Pskov, Polotsk, Novgorod, Volodymyr, Halych, Turov, Kiev, Chernigov, Pereyaslav, Smolensk, Rustov, Murom, Ryazan, Iasi, Sharukan, Azaq, Sharkil, Tmutarakan, Chersonesos, Saqsin, Aktobe, Bolghar, Esztergom, Szekesfehervar, Varad, Gyulafehervar, Zagreb, Zara, Olomoc, Prague, Brandenburg, Liubice, Hamburg, Bremen, Cologne, Trier, Utrecht, Leuven, Frankfurt, Speyer, Basel, Ulm, Nuremburg, Ratisbon, Vienna, Freiberg,

EDUCATION OF GENERALS
    - some changes to the descriptions (information about getting a step, textual changes)
    - shortening of the education time (12 turns instead of 16 - that means education only as a teenager)
    - a few errors fixed (like Military minded able easily to get administrative education)
    - some triggers redone (but there're still some to re-made to make player's life more difficult)

MILITARY IN CENTRAL EUROPE
    * adjustments in the initial neutral garrisons: replacing Peasants units with other units in Praha, Olomóc, Szczecin.
    * Lettish Crossbowmen re-named Baltic Crossbowmen (no more changes but the name and the description)
    * more complex system of units available as mercenaries in Western_Poland, Eastern_Poland, Prussia pools to make them more historical: phasing out outdated units while introducing new - according to the era:
    -- Mercenary Crossbows are available from the event "Mounted Crossbows" (which, actually, is about new drawing mechanisms, not necessarily the mounting of crossbowmen). The experience and availability differ now: low in un-urbanized areas, higher in the urbanised ones.
    -- lighter units (Macemen, Woodsmen) replaced in 14-15 centuries by heavier ones (German Dismounted Knights etc.);
    -- simpler Spearmen (Slav Mercenaries) replaced with better version (Prussian Spearmen);
    -- added Baltic Crossbowmen (they're merc alredy, but were not used) in Prussia.
    * Mercenary Ribault are available from the event "Cannons" (which still is rather early, but until now it was far worse: a gun unit used at the beginning of 13th century...); removed from a few areas where it was very un-historical (Ireland, Scotland, Scandinavia).
    * Turku_Province moved from Scandinavian to Prussian pool.

HANSEATIC GUILD
    - lowered the required settlement level (from city to large_town) - until now it was not possible to get the guild in most of the Baltic provinces as they couldn't grow to the size of a city;
    - added growth bonus - it was the major engine for population growth in the region (ofc, there'll be growth also from the trade): this will help the provinces to grow a bit;
    - provides Baltic Crossbowmen unit (instead of Cavalry Militia) - to get rid of another un-historical aspect of this guild: horses?!
    - replaced "income_bonus bonus 500" with trade bonus and a trade fleet - come on, the Hanse was about trade! It matters in those provinces as they're very weak and they don't have access to any fleet.
    - also buildable in Bergen and Oslo (historically areas of heavy activity of the Hanse, helps this area to grow and somehow reflects the trade links with the north and far north), and also in Novgorod, Brugge and London (historically the most important places for the Hanse - in the gameplay it will mean little as the other guilds are better to these three provinces)

FORMER PATCH changelog:
    * four missing faction buttons added
    * triggers for the traits of the pagan priests redone (completely split from the catholic ones, rebalance of benefits, rebalance of triggers, new triggers)
    * triggers related to the health of agents redone (no more chronically ill agents - the triggers restoring health was broken)
    * guilds: triggers for guild points reviewed and adjusted (based on the late MWY changes). This is especially important for the masons guild as it was not possible to get the master level, but also significant to the other guilds.
    * some adjusted triggers for Books (military & poetic) so that they don't appear instantly for every general staying in a city with great library
    * some editorial adjustment in the Historic Events' descriptions
    * some modifications to the age values in the descr_campaign_db
    * a few typos corrected in the descriptions of traits and ancillaries
    * a few names of regions and settlements fixed (Niderlothringen->Coellen, Norwich->East Anglia, Eastern Normandy -> Normandy; Lesser Polan -> Polonia Minor, Greater Poland -> Polonia Maior; several forgotten in Anatolia), swapped fertility of Poznan (3->4) and Plock (4->3);
    * initial Wantschool values checked and adjusted (but triggers need some more work: for now education is quite easy)
    * fixed Ionannis Vryenios bodyguard error
    * CTD appearing ca. 60 turn (due to bad coding of Teutonic Order) fixed

Map with currently updated provincial titles (further changes are unlikely in the near future, it's very time consuming):

And the list of the benefits from the provinces:
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 15, 2020 at 06:00 AM.

Great work Jurand!!! Continue with your awesome work of crowns and ptf submods! I agree about baltic crossbwmen for hanseatic league and all its improvements, it could be similar to italian trade quarters, they could have first urban crossbow militia and after gasmuli unit( italian crossbowmen) for represent italian comunities and the use of crossbow in urban zones, maybe also give it better stats for this building( much trade, fleet, population grow but more unrest and catholic conversion)
    Also for spanish crown and spanish tittles i can support you for description and maybe better stats for this ptf
    I am looking forward see byzantines tittles and for Constantinopolis!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Guys,
    the new patch (for 19.01.2020) is available here. It's cumulative: includes the previous patches.

Before you play, run file del_textbin.bat that is in the main folder of the mod.

The most recent changes are as follows:
    - added poetry books for western Europe, catholic Spain, Russia; triggers for all books redone;
    - some further adjustments in the mercenary pools in the Northern Europe;
    - initial situation of Lithuania slightly improved: a few more units, a spy, a few thousands in treasury;
    - further informations on game mechanics added;
    - two additional historical events for the Hansa introduced, and the Hansa guild building provides more trade benefits from around 1241 onwards, and more troops around 1367;
    - crowns updated/created: Serbia
    - some adjustments in the starting armies of Lithuania, Kiev, Poland; with Ruthenian Archers available in all those lands (and pic fixed);
    - some traits' triggers fixed (Conquer Constantinople with added Baghdad, Kiev)
    - fixed a bug in the historical events' file.

Previous changes:

CROWNS:
    - updated lists of provinces for crowns for Scotland, England, France, Norway, Denmark, Poland, HRE, Lithuania (ie. they're fully working now); (for the details, refer to the relevant entry in this thread).
    - they're available for the player based on the list of provinces and on legacy from the father, and also available for the AI (with shorter list of provinces).

PROVINCIAL TITLES
    - the changes announced two years ago as version 3 of the PTF submod introduced;
    - trait Titled provides now the standard benefits, while the ancillaries the additional benefits;
    - the effects of the PTs for 67 settlements have been balanced and updated: for Catholics and Orthodox:
    - 67 provinces: Oslo, Bergvin, Skara, Sigtuna, Visby, Kalmar, Lund, Roskilde, Ribe, Goroden, Twangste, Kernave, Riga, Kolyvan, Turku, Szczecin, Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow, Plock, Gdansk, Pskov, Polotsk, Novgorod, Volodymyr, Halych, Turov, Kiev, Chernigov, Pereyaslav, Smolensk, Rustov, Murom, Ryazan, Iasi, Sharukan, Azaq, Sharkil, Tmutarakan, Chersonesos, Saqsin, Aktobe, Bolghar, Esztergom, Szekesfehervar, Varad, Gyulafehervar, Zagreb, Zara, Olomoc, Prague, Brandenburg, Liubice, Hamburg, Bremen, Cologne, Trier, Utrecht, Leuven, Frankfurt, Speyer, Basel, Ulm, Nuremburg, Ratisbon, Vienna, Freiberg,

EDUCATION OF GENERALS
    - some changes to the descriptions (information about getting a step, textual changes)
    - shortening of the education time (12 turns instead of 16 - that means education only as a teenager)
    - a few errors fixed (like Military minded able easily to get administrative education)
    - some triggers redone (but there're still some to re-made to make player's life more difficult)

* adjustments in the initial neutral garrisons: replacing Peasants units with other units in Praha, Olomóc, Szczecin.
    * Lettish Crossbowmen re-named Baltic Crossbowmen (no more changes but the name and the description)
    * more complex system of units available as mercenaries in Western_Poland, Eastern_Poland, Prussia pools to make them more historical: phasing out outdated units while introducing new - according to the era:
    -- Mercenary Crossbows are available from the event "Mounted Crossbows" (which, actually, is about new drawing mechanisms, not necessarily the mounting of crossbowmen). The experience and availability differ now: low in un-urbanized areas, higher in the urbanised ones.
    -- lighter units (Macemen, Woodsmen) replaced in 14-15 centuries by heavier ones (German Dismounted Knights etc.);
    -- simpler Spearmen (Slav Mercenaries) replaced with better version (Prussian Spearmen);
    -- added Baltic Crossbowmen (they're merc alredy, but were not used) in Prussia.
    * Mercenary Ribault are available from the event "Cannons" (which still is rather early, but until now it was far worse: a gun unit used at the beginning of 13th century...); removed from a few areas where it was very un-historical (Ireland, Scotland, Scandinavia).

HANSEATIC GUILD
    - lowered the required settlement level (from city to large_town) - until now it was not possible to get the guild in most of the Baltic provinces as they couldn't grow to the size of a city;
    - added growth bonus - it was the major engine for population growth in the region (ofc, there'll be growth also from the trade): this will help the provinces to grow a bit;
    - provides Baltic Crossbowmen unit (instead of Cavalry Militia) - to get rid of another un-historical aspect of this guild: horses?!
    - replaced "income_bonus bonus 500" with trade bonus and a trade fleet - come on, the Hanse was about trade! It matters in those provinces as they're very weak and they don't have access to any fleet.
    - also buildable in Bergen and Oslo (historically areas of heavy activity of the Hanse, helps this area to grow and somehow reflects the trade links with the north and far north), and also in Novgorod, Brugge and London (historically the most important places for the Hanse - in the gameplay it will mean little as the other guilds are better to these three provinces)

FORMER PATCH changelog:
    * triggers for the traits of the pagan priests redone (completely split from the catholic ones, rebalance of benefits, rebalance of triggers, new triggers)
    * triggers related to the health of agents redone (no more chronically ill agents - the triggers restoring health was broken)
    * guilds: triggers for guild points reviewed and adjusted (based on the late MWY changes). This is especially important for the masons guild as it was not possible to get the master level, but also significant to the other guilds.
    * some adjusted triggers for Books (military & poetic) so that they don't appear instantly for every general staying in a city with great library
    * a few names of regions and settlements fixed (Niderlothringen->Coellen, Norwich->East Anglia, Eastern Normandy -> Normandy; Lesser Polan -> Polonia Minor, Greater Poland -> Polonia Maior; several forgotten in Anatolia), swapped fertility of Poznan (3->4) and Plock (4->3);
    * initial Wantschool values checked and adjusted (but triggers need some more work: for now education is quite easy)

Map with currently updated provincial titles (further changes are unlikely in the near future, it's very time consuming):

Crowns fully working now (the others are working, but may contain errors in the list of provinces, and doesn't use the whole mechanism):
    Scotland, England, France, HRE, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Lithuania, Serbia
    (have a look at the webpage here).

For the record: the changes in the SSHIP 0.9.6 (as compared to 095):
    So the list of changes consists mostly of fixes, I think:

• Reputation mechanisms tweaked – many details changed or introduced (eg. Ecumenical patriarch for making reputation between orthodox factions better, or mechanisms to avoid punishing for waging a war that was started by the enemy).
    • Loyalty mechanisms tweaked and to make civil wars less pervasive and their causes more relalistic. It based on the observations described in this thread. It also includes the Loyalty adjustments as partially described here.
    • Starting generals, traits and family trees upadated (in the earlier SSHIP versions they reflected 1100, not 1132 – it was he inheritance of the SS6.4) - this was quite laborious, I think. (done by VineFynn).
    • Princess spawning script so that after turn 60 the player has a chance to marry off heir / ruler. It's worthy to marry as each Royal relation provides (again) +1 popularity. Given the unrest mechanisms in the SSHIP, growing your family relations is crucial to keep those cities (eg. an Aragon general whose mother was French, grandmother Pisan, grandgrandmother English will have +4 popularity: crucial to keep eg a conquered Palermo under control).
    • Education of Generals – implementation of the submod making the education system that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) actually working. It makes the educational buildings much more useful: you really need that school and library in your capital so that your Administratively Minded teenager generals can educate there.
    • Generals Traits fix – triggers and effects for many traits that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) were modified to provide balance or start working: see the details here. They concern mainly economic effects (so that the governors have significant impact on income), the Fog of War adjustments to the traits (Line Of Sight restrictions for not experienced generals), sometimes Loyalty.
    • Provincial titles fix: 32 titles (from Central and Eastern Europe) have been updated: names, pics, effects, descriptions; in some cases also triggers or the very existence. After a patch, the number will rise to 67. The other also work as mechanism (see below), but they're not balanced in benefits, and some may be missing.
    • Ministerial Offices fix: 8 types of titles have been made working: triggers, also existence of a few muslim and greek versions (details are here). There're now over 50 offices in the game (if you count the Byzantine ones).
    • Crowns fix - these are fixed in the patches to 096: lists of provinces fixed so that they're actually obtainable, some pic made historic.
    • Gameplay: Loyalty - Offices - Titles - Crowns - Education - Other Traits - what really matters is their interaction, not single fixes. Swapping Offices and Titles is crucial for having your generals not deserting at medium-size kingodom (each provides +1 Loyalty). If the faction grows bigger, at certain size it's no longer possible to keep the generals loyal if they're far away. In this case getting a crown is crucial. To get it, you need to conquer the historic territories or have a great legacy from father (kill a faction or have maximum Piety, Authority etc.). Und so weiter.
    • FogOfWar made sligtly more significant: Watchtowers made more expensive, initial Watchtowers removed (everybody needs to build up the infrastructure from scratch), the characters and agents have less LineOfSigth that makes scouting with agents more important. It makes also the initial expansion more difficult - instead of hiring your feudal troops, you need to pay for the watchtowers.
    • Priests, Spies and other agents: the pervasive antitrait bug removed, effects and triggers modified to provide balance and evolution in their lives; the pagan priests fixed (frankly speaking, they didn't work before: the triggers were broken), some information messages fixed.
    • in-game information through historic events mechanism on a number of topics that already were in the SSHIP but either were not fully explained / understood, or didn't actually work and have been recently fixed and balanced.
    • map adjustments in Bulgaria, Anatolia, Poland;
    • adjustments of the names of the provinces in Germany, Poland, Anatolia and some other places;
    • number of various minor fixes.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 19, 2020 at 05:10 AM.

I cant find Before you play, run file del_textbin.bat that is in the main folder of the mod.

when you download the zip with the patch, there's a folder "data" but also "del_textbin". you should run this one or manually delete all .bin files in the /data/text folder.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

So we start by decompressing SSHIP096_patch19012020 in ... / mods / SS6.3 /
    Then we run del_textbin.dat?
    I understood well ?

yes

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you, it works ! Your contribution to this mod is really very precious Jurand of Cracow !

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    when you download the zip with the patch, there's a folder "data" but also "del_textbin". you should run this one or manually delete all .bin files in the /data/text folder.
    Is this savegame compatible with the previous patch for 0.9.6?

Quote Originally Posted by officialdeo View Post
    Is this savegame compatible with the previous patch for 0.9.6?
    I think it is. Actually, the goal of this version was that bugfix, the rest was just by way.

Hello, I have been following this video but with the newest version, https://youtu.be/MiCsIcq0hao when he gets to the SHIP launcher, I do not have it despite having downloaded it from this post, did I do something wrong?

New patch (3.02.2020) is available here. It's cumulative: includes all previous patches. It's perhaps wise to run a new campaign with it.

The most recent changes:
    - AntiTrait and NoGoingBack bugs dealt with for some traits (mainly those modded in the JoC submods)
    - traits Berserker, Humane, Hardened, Battle/Strategy Dread/Chivalry fixed for AT-NGB, sometimes extended
    - slight adjustment in the starting situation of Denmark (a few units more), in other cases Peasants replaced with other units (in preparation to removing Peasants)
    - fixes to Intelligent, Coward, some triggers fixed, various information boxes

Previous changes consist of complete overhaul of Education:
    - fixing NaturalMilitarySkill (improving chances of success in Military Education): mainly triggers;
    - fixing Intelligent and Ignorant (improving chances of success in Administrative Education): to get rid of the NoGoingBack bug the traits have been merged, and al the triggers redone;
    - added 1 level for the administrative ones,
    - rebalancing all benefits (see the table)
    - rebalancing all triggers (violet in the table: how many point will be gathered after full schooling (12 turns),
    - changing some texts in descriptions,
    - added guides how to get education (as historic events).

So the summary of the changes is as follows:
    - Education: benefits and trigger for Military, Administrative, Pagan Education heavily modified. Guides how to get education have been put in-game (as historic events) for information about the gameplay.
    - trait NaturalMilitarySkill much improved (more triggers, fixed levels, fixed interrelations)
    - trait Intelligent and Ignorant completely reworked to get rid of the NoGoingBack bug - at the end there's just one trait.
    - initial Loyalty and Piety dependend on the difficulty of the game (Normal:3, Hard: 2, VeryHard: 1) - it compensates the ubiquity of Loyalty from the Ministerial Offices and Provincial Titles for Hard and Very Hard; while of Piety from Education.
    - 72 names that weren't in the look_up file added there; also text errors fixed (thanks Gigantus for hinting the software to do it).

Changes in the 19.01.2020 patch:
    - added poetry books for western Europe, catholic Spain, Russia; triggers for all books redone;
    - some further adjustments in the mercenary pools in the Northern Europe;
    - initial situation of Lithuania slightly improved: a few more units, a spy, a few thousands in treasury;
    - further informations on game mechanics added;
    - two additional historical events for the Hansa introduced, and the Hansa guild building provides more trade benefits from around 1241 onwards, and more troops around 1367;
    - crowns updated/created: Serbia
    - some adjustments in the starting armies of Lithuania, Kiev, Poland; with Ruthenian Archers available in all those lands (and pic fixed);
    - some traits' triggers fixed (Conquer Constantinople with added Baghdad, Kiev)
    - fixed a bug in the historical events' file.

Previous changes:

CROWNS:
    - updated lists of provinces for crowns for Scotland, England, France, Norway, Denmark, Poland, HRE, Lithuania (ie. they're fully working now); (for the details, refer to the relevant entry in this thread).

PROVINCIAL TITLES

EDUCATION OF GENERALS

HANSEATIC GUILD

FORMER PATCH changelog:

Crowns fully working now (the others are working, but may contain errors in the list of provinces, and doesn't use the whole mechanism):
    (have a look at the webpage here).

For the record: the changes in the SSHIP 0.9.6 (as compared to 095):
    So the list of changes consists mostly of fixes, I think:

• Reputation mechanisms tweaked – many details changed or introduced (eg. Ecumenical patriarch for making reputation between orthodox factions better, or mechanisms to avoid punishing for waging a war that was started by the enemy).
    • Loyalty mechanisms tweaked and to make civil wars less pervasive and their causes more relalistic. It based on the observations described in this thread. It also includes the Loyalty adjustments as partially described here.
    • Starting generals, traits and family trees upadated (in the earlier SSHIP versions they reflected 1100, not 1132 – it was he inheritance of the SS6.4) - this was quite laborious, I think. (done by VineFynn).
    • Princess spawning script so that after turn 60 the player has a chance to marry off heir / ruler. It's worthy to marry as each Royal relation provides (again) +1 popularity. Given the unrest mechanisms in the SSHIP, growing your family relations is crucial to keep those cities (eg. an Aragon general whose mother was French, grandmother Pisan, grandgrandmother English will have +4 popularity: crucial to keep eg a conquered Palermo under control).
    • Education of Generals – implementation of the submod making the education system that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) actually working. It makes the educational buildings much more useful: you really need that school and library in your capital so that your Administratively Minded teenager generals can educate there.
    • Generals Traits fix – triggers and effects for many traits that existed in the SSHIP (and also the base SS) were modified to provide balance or start working: see the details here. They concern mainly economic effects (so that the governors have significant impact on income), the Fog of War adjustments to the traits (Line Of Sight restrictions for not experienced generals), sometimes Loyalty.
    • Provincial titles fix: 32 titles (from Central and Eastern Europe) have been updated: names, pics, effects, descriptions; in some cases also triggers or the very existence. After a patch, the number will rise to 67. The other also work as mechanism (see below), but they're not balanced in benefits, and some may be missing.
    • Ministerial Offices fix: 8 types of titles have been made working: triggers, also existence of a few muslim and greek versions (details are here). There're now over 50 offices in the game (if you count the Byzantine ones).
    • Crowns fix - these are fixed in the patches to 096: lists of provinces fixed so that they're actually obtainable, some pic made historic.
    • Gameplay: Loyalty - Offices - Titles - Crowns - Education - Other Traits - what really matters is their interaction, not single fixes. Swapping Offices and Titles is crucial for having your generals not deserting at medium-size kingodom (each provides +1 Loyalty). If the faction grows bigger, at certain size it's no longer possible to keep the generals loyal if they're far away. In this case getting a crown is crucial. To get it, you need to conquer the historic territories or have a great legacy from father (kill a faction or have maximum Piety, Authority etc.). Und so weiter.
    • FogOfWar made sligtly more significant: Watchtowers made more expensive, initial Watchtowers removed (everybody needs to build up the infrastructure from scratch), the characters and agents have less LineOfSigth that makes scouting with agents more important. It makes also the initial expansion more difficult - instead of hiring your feudal troops, you need to pay for the watchtowers.
    • Priests, Spies and other agents: the pervasive antitrait bug removed, effects and triggers modified to provide balance and evolution in their lives; the pagan priests fixed (frankly speaking, they didn't work before: the triggers were broken), some information messages fixed.
    • in-game information through historic events mechanism on a number of topics that already were in the SSHIP but either were not fully explained / understood, or didn't actually work and have been recently fixed and balanced.
    • map adjustments in Bulgaria, Anatolia, Poland;
    • adjustments of the names of the provinces in Germany, Poland, Anatolia and some other places;
    • number of various minor fixes.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 04, 2020 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks JoC. Well done
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello guys. I've been playing a campaign as the ERE and broadly am thoroughly, thoroughly enjoying it- the balanced economy in particular is great. I've reconquered Anatolia, but even with these revenues I'm finding it difficult to keep more than three full stack units in the field at once- which realistically forces a real choice between expansion in the Balkans or in Syria. Very enjoyable!

So these comments are mainly nitpicks, but I thought I'd throw them in nonetheless.

- On general immersiveness, the game to my mind still lags behind EBII and BC. Vanilla music and voices aren't great, and there are still a high number of unusual Byzantine character names (Antonios, Efgenios, Sissinios, and so forth) and odd transliterations from Greek (characters called "Vasileos" rather than "Basileos". A few years back I compiled a list from the Medlands database of all Byzantine names that were actually used in the period, and it's a shame it wasn't used- I've reattached belowByzantine name frequences 9th-14th c.txt. As a suggestion- could we perhaps look at integrating the music from BC, and Greek voices from EBII- or even vanilla RTW! The voices are less inaccurate than they'd seem, given all educated Byzantines (ie, our generals, captains, diplomats and so on) would have had a good knowledge of archaic Attic Greek.
    - The Byzantine crowning system, with its reliance on capturing outlying provinces, really doesn't make much sense. To make an Emperor in Byzantium, what was need was possession of the City and the approval of the urban populace. I'd therefore suggest linking Byzantine coronations to spending a given amount of time in the capital, and keeping the happiness of the City at say 100% or above- if this can be done. It's worth noting that the Emperor was of course "Emperor of the Romans", rather than "Emperor of Romania"- I'd therefore suggest it should be very difficult, if not impossible, for other factions to be able to gain this crown- perhaps it could be linked to the Greek/Greek descent character trait? Of course, for our period Greek is inaccurate, and the trait should be Roman/Romaios/Romaiic instead.
    - There's a lot of "info dumping" in the pop up screens. Perhaps a downloadable PDF guide, similar to that provided now by EBII, could be useful, for players to really make the most of the brilliant new scripts?
    - The guilds now appear to give significant bonuses, which is good, but I can't help but feel there are maybe too many of them? Could it be an idea to perhaps restrict guilds to, say, one per five settlements?
    - Plagues seem to be rather overdone- in my first 35 turns I had 3 break out in Constantinople. That said, I didn't lose any FMs to them, so they weren't gameplay-breaking levels of irritation- so consider this a minor gripe.
    - It would be good to see the replacement of the vanilla quotes- again, to improve immersiveness.
    - The amount of damage done by devastation should perhaps be increased. I felt quite able to ignore rebel armies in my provinces due to the relative lack of damage they did- this is in contrast to EBII, where rebel armies really seem to take a serious chunk out of provincial revenue. For me, I only got round to wiping out the rebels when I was trying (and failing) to build up my FL's authority by sending him out to win battles in the field.
    - Are there any plans to add additional religions to the game. I'm particularly thinking of Shia Islam here, though there's maybe half an argument for Monophysite Christianity, which still probably had a plurality in large parts of the ME. This second one is less important due to the lack of Monophysite factions, but I think the inclusion of the Shia is a must.
    - Would it be possible to introduce the heir selection script used in EBII and TGC?
    Last edited by Giorgios; January 27, 2020 at 04:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
    Thanks also for the file with the names. We'll have a look at it.
    No work has been done so far on voices and musics. Our team is quite small and most of us are busy in RL. So progress is slow.
    We know that there is still work to be done regarding crowns. So, please, don't pay too much attention to them for now.
    If I remember well, plagues were introduced to limit the population of the settlement. Constantinople starts already at a high level.
    Quotes, not a priority for now.
    About religion, I fully agree as well. Shia is the first one coming to my mind.
    Noted for devastation. I personally think the same.

I assume you've played the previous version (patch 19.01.2020), right?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to keep more than three full stack units in the field at once- which realistically forces a real choice between expansion in the Balkans or in Syria. Very enjoyable!
    This is the aspect of the SSHIP I like very much. No more stack spam, both for the player, and for the AI.

On general immersiveness, the game to my mind still lags behind EBII and BC.
    Frankly speaking, so am I. But for the territory covered and the time period, it still is. I've played SS, BtfB, Titanium, BellumCrucis etc. - and all are much less immersive (plus there're bugs inside - I've had a look at the Bulat Steel EDCT, and there're all the AntiTrait + NoGoingBack problems transmitted from the base SS (this bug was eradicated in EBII, and Titanium (at least partly).

- The guilds now appear to give significant bonuses, which is good, but I can't help but feel there are maybe too many of them? Could it be an idea to perhaps restrict guilds to, say, one per five settlements?
    I think it's an experience of the biggest faction in the game. For practially all other, there's usually lack of settlements for the guilds. You need 4 to train the agents (Theologian, Assassins, Spies, Merchants), Explorers to get some useful ancillaries, and the three military ones in the castles. Plus Merchant/Hansa/Explorers to bolster up trade is welcome in each city.. And you So for factions that start with 2, 3 or 5 settlements, it's a long time they can get each needed guild. Perhaps 200 turns or so.

There's a lot of "info dumping" in the pop up screens. Perhaps a downloadable PDF guide, similar to that provided now by EBII, could be useful, for players to really make the most of the brilliant new scripts?
    People very rarely read PDF guids. It's better to read the guidelines in-game. And the EBII is very unique in the sense that you need to read only a few pages related to the faction you play. In the SSHIP most of info screens apply to all factions.

Are there any plans to add additional religions to the game.
    no, because of lack of modding manpower. If anybody would wolunteer, this would be useful, imo.

Would it be possible to introduce the heir selection script used in EBII and TGC?
    Personally, I don't like the script as it messes up with the whole usurper mechanics. But it's very easy to do, eg. the relevant lines in EDCT and in script are still there.

could we perhaps look at integrating the music from BC, and Greek voices from EBII- or even vanilla RTW! The voices are less inaccurate than they'd seem, given all educated Byzantines (ie, our generals, captains, diplomats and so on) would have had a good knowledge of archaic Attic Greek.
    In military they'd rather use latin (it was the language of the late Roman army, and it lingered in the East till 7th century, afaik). But I've got nothing agains.

Plagues seem to be rather overdone- in my first 35 turns I had 3 break out in Constantinople.
    I recall that in Egypt 14-15th century there's a plague every 2 years (in 169 years 73 outbreaks). It looks reasonalbe in such a big city.

- The Byzantine crowning system, with its reliance on capturing outlying provinces, really doesn't make much sense. To make an Emperor in Byzantium, what was need was possession of the City and the approval of the urban populace. I'd therefore suggest linking Byzantine coronations to spending a given amount of time in the capital, and keeping the happiness of the City at say 100% or above- if this can be done. It's worth noting that the Emperor was of course "Emperor of the Romans", rather than "Emperor of Romania"- I'd therefore suggest it should be very difficult, if not impossible, for other factions to be able to gain this crown- perhaps it could be linked to the Greek/Greek descent character trait? Of course, for our period Greek is inaccurate, and the trait should be Roman/Romaios/Romaiic instead.
    The crowns are both for the gameplay and for historicity. You may interpret them even harsher in the other faction. For the Byzantines. the main problem is the initial number of the provinces.
    Anyway, there's a mechanism that gives a general "Fit for Crowning" even without all the provinces. It happens when Father left "Strong Legacy" - had a Crown himself, or performed great deeds (it's described in the info window in-game concerning Legacies).
    Emperor of the Romans will indeed be only for the Romaioi. The Serbs have their own crown, the Georgians will have it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    We know that there is still work to be done regarding crowns. So, please, don't pay too much attention to them for now
    Crowns of:
    are fully operational! You only don't need to pay for them (until somebody volunteer to write a script as Byg's made for his BGR or Miguel_80 for his mod).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 27, 2020 at 05:09 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

rather than "Emperor of Romania"- I'd therefore suggest it should be very difficult, if not impossible, for other factions to be able to gain this crown- perhaps it could be linked to the Greek/Greek descent character trait? Of course, for our ?
    Hahahaha , being a Romanian myself is fun to see this title , as far as i know we never had Emperors and preety sure there is no such a name. We only had Voievods (Kings). Funny bug/typo though, made my day