Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP - Beta v0.8.2 downloadable - 21st of April 2014

Great job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    You're using Steam, correct?

If so, copy the medieval2.exe, and rename the copy to Kingdoms.
    Copy it to where?

Ok, I copied it to the same folder and renamed it... launched from the SS_launcher... saw the beautiful Stainless Steel opening artwork appear on my screen... no error messages....

Then back to desktop. The icon was gone from my taskbar, I was back at my previous session, no error message, just nothing, as if I had never started the program to begin with.

I know your fix helped because I didn't get the error message anymore and I saw the game start to load or try to, but now I don't know what is happening. I've restarted my computer and tried three times. Same problem always. Any suggestions?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Provencal View Post
    Ok, I copied it to the same folder and renamed it... launched from the SS_launcher... saw the beautiful Stainless Steel opening artwork appear on my screen... no error messages....

Then back to desktop. The icon was gone from my taskbar, I was back at my previous session, no error message, just nothing, as if I had never started the program to begin with.

I know your fix helped because I didn't get the error message anymore and I saw the game start to load or try to, but now I don't know what is happening. I've restarted my computer and tried three times. Same problem always. Any suggestions?
    Be sure you are running as administrator.

The opening artwork - is it the SS artwork, or the SSHIP artworK? They are different.

Either way, I recommend a clean install of Medieval II on Steam, a clean install of SS 6.3, 6.4, and SSHIP. The update really messed things up and installations may have become corrupt.

Be sure you are running as administrator.

The opening artwork - is it the SS artwork, or the SSHIP artworK? They are different.

Either way, I recommend a clean install of Medieval II on Steam, a clean install of SS 6.3, 6.4, and SSHIP. The update really messed things up and installations may have become corrupt.
    It's the Stainless Steel 6.4 intro image, same as it was before I tried installing SSHIP. Does that mean anything? Which update messed things up?

I'll try re-installing everything. Thanks for the help.

Senator

It's the Stainless Steel 6.4 intro image, same as it was before I tried installing SSHIP. Does that mean anything? Which update messed things up?

I'll try re-installing everything. Thanks for the help.
    Yes, seems like a faulty install.

It was a steam update to Medieval II that effectively removed Kingdoms as a separate entity, causing most mods to need redirection and breaking most installs. But it is fixable. Advisible to reinstall everything anyway.

Yes, seems like a faulty install.

It was a steam update to Medieval II that effectively removed Kingdoms as a separate entity, causing most mods to need redirection and breaking most installs. But it is fixable. Advisible to reinstall everything anyway.
    I reinstalled everything, starting with uninstalling and reinstalling M2TW on Steam. That whole process only took 10 seconds and when I "reinstalled" it, all my old saved games were still there, so I'm pretty sure Steam just restored the deleted files instead of installing a clean version. At the end after reinstalling all the mods on top, I'm STILL getting the error message:

"Unable to locate Kingdoms.exe.
    Is Kingdoms.exe located in your MTW2 folder?"

...despite following your earlier instructions about copying "medieval2" and creating a copy called "Kingdoms" (the copy is still there despite Steam's "reinstall").

If I need to actually install a clean copy, how can I get Steam to do that? I also own a disc copy of M2TW Kingdoms, should I try installing it from disc instead?

Senator

I reinstalled everything, starting with uninstalling and reinstalling M2TW on Steam. That whole process only took 10 seconds and when I "reinstalled" it, all my old saved games were still there, so I'm pretty sure Steam just restored the deleted files instead of installing a clean version. At the end after reinstalling all the mods on top, I'm STILL getting the error message:

...despite following your earlier instructions about copying "medieval2" and creating a copy called "Kingdoms" (the copy is still there despite Steam's "reinstall").

If I need to actually install a clean copy, how can I get Steam to do that? I also own a disc copy of M2TW Kingdoms, should I try installing it from disc instead?
    Did you delete the local content on Steam? You can copy your saves to a separate folder somewhere. It shouldn't have taken 10 seconds - you want to make sure Medieval II is completely gone from your system and then redownload the content. Which usually takes quite a while.

However, if you own a disk copy, you can install that (just make sure you patch to 1.5). But the Steam update was all about making the process streamlined etc.

Did you delete the local content on Steam? You can copy your saves to a separate folder somewhere. It shouldn't have taken 10 seconds - you want to make sure Medieval II is completely gone from your system and then redownload the content. Which usually takes quite a while.

However, if you own a disk copy, you can install that (just make sure you patch to 1.5). But the Steam update was all about making the process streamlined etc.
    Ok, I deleted all local content from Steam, then emptied my recycle bin, then reinstalled M2TW through Steam with the predictable 5 hour download time. Somehow, my saved games were STILL there (I don't care about them, FYI, I haven't played vanilla M2TW in years, I'd happily delete them and I thought I had). I reinstalled SS6.3 and SS6.4, from the torrents I've downloaded in the past two days.

At this point, opened Stainless Steel to make sure I was using the right settings. I ran the game and it was working perfectly (my SS saved games were gone, which is strange because my vanilla saved games are still around). All good so far.

Then I re-extracted and ran all the SSHIP files (8.0, 8.1 patch, 8.1 hotfix, 8.2 patch), deleted the sound files, and installed One Settlement Type. Clicked the new Stainless Steel launch icon on my desktop... the Stainless Steel 6.4 artwork appears... then nothing. Back to desktop. I went into the SS6.3 folder and clicked the launcher there... same thing. The SS6.4 artwork appears and then nothing.

I apologize for blanketing this thread, I'm just really excited to play and feel like I'm so close, but something keeps going wrong.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Let's start again. Have a clean install of SS6.4. Run the set-up, choose Early Era, Savage AI, etc... (see first post).

Once you're sure it works fine, install SSHIP. I'd recommend to use the full install file. Just unzip it in another folder and merge the data folder obtained with the one located in your SS6.3 folder (I guess that's it's the same path as for a classic game with Steam).
    Remove the sound files but don't install "One Settlement Type" for now. I have to check that Nordom has updated his submod. I'll revert to you as soon as possible.

Launch SSHIP to check it works fine.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Let's start again. Have a clean install of SS6.4. Run the set-up, choose Early Era, Savage AI, etc... (see first post).

Once you're sure it works fine, install SSHIP. I'd recommend to use the full install file. Just unzip it in another folder and merge the data folder obtained with the one located in your SS6.3 folder (I guess that's it's the same path as for a classic game with Steam).
    Remove the sound files but don't install "One Settlement Type" for now. I have to check that Nordom has updated his submod. I'll revert to you as soon as possible.

is MILES dismounted animation fixed ? u know, problem with swords in shields. if it is , is it uploaded in latest download link ?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

No not yet. I don't have much free time these days and I don't think I'll able to do something before next September.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

it is fixed, but the fix is not released yet.

Of all the years I have been playing Stainless Steel I can say that this Sub-mod has been the one I have enjoy the most is great ! and the map is so beautiful and the AI is great.
    Congrats guys !. I know it has its little things like everything else but overall I have not found any major fault or error. So is a 8/10 for me congrats guys one satisfied player. .

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Are the faction names supposed to be in Latin?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

I successfully re-installed vanilla M2TW through Steam again, this time following up by manually deleting the entire M2TW folder to make sure it started out absolutely fresh. I think I did something right because the download time was twice as long and all my save games are gone. The vanilla game ran perfectly.

I've now downloaded and installed new copies of SS6.3 and SS6.4. I'm getting the same error message:

Senator

I successfully re-installed vanilla M2TW through Steam again, this time following up by manually deleting the entire M2TW folder to make sure it started out absolutely fresh. I think I did something right because the download time was twice as long and all my save games are gone. The vanilla game ran perfectly.

I've now downloaded and installed new copies of SS6.3 and SS6.4. I'm getting the same error message:

You still have to do the aforementioned copy trick.

Ok. With the copy trick, Stainless Steel worked fine. But once I had downloaded and run SSHIP and extracted and copied in the data folders from the updates, the game wouldn't start. Once again the old Stainless Steel 6.4 artwork appears on the screen, then disappears.

Am I copying the files in wrong? I have tried extracting them all into a new folder, each new version merging in and overwriting the existing files when there are conflicts, then pasting the final version of the data folder into the ss6.3 folder and replacing the existing files where there are conflicts. I've also tried just extracting each patch directly into the ss6.3 folder, so that each new data file merges with the old one. Neither attempt has worked.

Ok. With the copy trick, Stainless Steel worked fine. But once I had downloaded and run SSHIP and extracted and copied in the data folders from the updates, the game wouldn't start. Once again the old Stainless Steel 6.4 artwork appears on the screen, then disappears.

Am I copying the files in wrong? I have tried extracting them all into a new folder, each new version merging in and overwriting the existing files when there are conflicts, then pasting the final version of the data folder into the ss6.3 folder and replacing the existing files where there are conflicts. I've also tried just extracting each patch directly into the ss6.3 folder, so that each new data file merges with the old one. Neither attempt has worked.
    I tried it again with the complete SSHIPv0.8.2 file instead of adding each patch one by one. Worked perfectly. I'm enjoying the new mod quite a bit! Thank you so much for all the help.

Senator

Glad to have been of assistance! Enjoy the mod.