Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Senator

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP - Beta v0.8.3 downloadable - 3rd of December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    Is this sub-mod compatible with Byg's Grim Reality IV-E and V for SS 6.4?
    This has been asked and answered numerous times.

You will be able to start the mod with BGR installed. However it will cause conflicts which may lead to CTDs. It is strongly advised you play SSHIP as is, without other mods installed. SSHIP is very stable - if you play it with BGR and suffer from CTDs, BGR will be the problem.

Really nice love the new content!.

saneel's Avatar Senator

Anyone else finds enemy capital constantly rebelling a little bit unrealistic and annoying? You just cannot supress 100 k town with one full stack.

Hi guys, I think my inherent tunnel-view does not let me find a questions-thread, so here a question from a SSHIP newcomer, hoping it gets answered anyways:

Up to which version is RC/RR implemented in this submod?

Last night I started with Zenghids (or however they are spelled). My FACTION HEIR rebelled. Is this intended? I mean, the guy just has to wait a few years for the actual king to die... He got all the way up to become a rebel- but only stated as that in his traits. He remained under my (the player´s) control. I could move him outside the city he was in, even with the -100% mov.points penalty.So there he was with his bodyguard, in the middle of nowhere, just being grumpy... did I messed up my instalation?

Cheers

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ saneel, we'll try to adjust it in the next release.

@ GatoVolador, Generals can rebel. I guess that the faction heir rebelling is quite unusual but not impossible. The issue I found is that they can't move and even be attacked. But I don't think it's something relating to your installation.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi,

Is VivaLaRebelion mode compatible with SSHIP 0.83?

if not then hoping to see Faction Re-emergence embedded in next release,

Question regarding Timurid Invasion, as Timurid are replaced by another faction. If i change Timurid in Descr_Start.txt to Non Playable and add re-emergence script in Campaign.txt, will it work?
    Last edited by javeed; January 17, 2015 at 02:12 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by javeed View Post
    Hi,

Is VivaLaRebelion mode compatible with SSHIP 0.83?

if not then hoping to see Faction Re-emergence embedded in next release,

Question regarding Timurid Invasion, as Timurid are replaced by another faction. If i change Timurid in Descr_Start.txt to Non Playable and add re-emergence script in Campaign.txt, will it work?
    There are re-emerging factions in SSHIP. In fact, if you had read any of this forum, you'd have seen plenty of discussion on it.

As for your other question, there's no need to add re-emergence script as it already exists, and all changing them to non-playable would do is mean the faction that has replaced them (not sure what it is, Abbassids perhaps) would not be playable...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Timurids have been replaced by Georgia and Teutonic Order by Serbia. The only emerging faction left in SSHIP are the Mongols.

"Viva la Rebellion" is already included in SSHIP. See the Presentation Post.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Awesome mod - loving the unit upgrades in 0.8.3. After some tips on 2 issues :

1. Previous versions of SSHIP I've used GrnEyedDvl 4 turns per yr script with no problems but adding it to the campaign_script.txt in 0.8.3 - it doesn't work. Is there something in the new script that would cancel it out ??

2. Is there any way to edit the merchants out of the game? Not necessarily for everyone but I'd be glad to be rid of them!

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm confused. Do I need to have an earlier version of SSHIP installed before I install this? Or is it standalone?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I'm confused. Do I need to have an earlier version of SSHIP installed before I install this? Or is it standalone?

Sort of standalone in the sense you need SS6.3 then SS6.4 then download SSHIP 0.8.2 and merge data folder with that in SS6.3 then download SSHIP 0.8.3 and merge data folder with that in SS 6.3 ! Got it ? A bit fiddly but worth the effort.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Awesome mod - loving the unit upgrades in 0.8.3. After some tips on 2 issues :

1. Previous versions of SSHIP I've used GrnEyedDvl 4 turns per yr script with no problems but adding it to the campaign_script.txt in 0.8.3 - it doesn't work. Is there something in the new script that would cancel it out ??

2. Is there any way to edit the merchants out of the game? Not necessarily for everyone but I'd be glad to be rid of them!

I wouldn't use the script tbh, it will mess up a lot of date-focused things in SSHIP. Events will take twice as long to hit.

Yes, you can edit out agents or replace them with other agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I wouldn't use the script tbh, it will mess up a lot of date-focused things in SSHIP. Events will take twice as long to hit.

Yes, you can edit out agents or replace them with other agents.
    Thanks. How do I edit out agents ??

Senator

Thanks. How do I edit out agents ??
    I'm sure there's a guide somewhere...

To make things a little simpler you could probably edit the buildings that produce merchants (markets) to not be able to allow recruitment of merchants. So they'll still be in the game, but no one will be able to recruit them (beyond the ones you start with).

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I'm sure there's a guide somewhere...

To make things a little simpler you could probably edit the buildings that produce merchants (markets) to not be able to allow recruitment of merchants. So they'll still be in the game, but no one will be able to recruit them (beyond the ones you start with).
    Thanks Larkin. Any idea which file I'd find the relevant editiable text for markets in?

Thanks Larkin. Any idea which file I'd find the relevant editiable text for markets in?
    Export_descr_buildings.txt
    Look for this entry, and remove the parts in red. Do the same for all levels of the Marked building range.
    And be sure to take a backup of the file before you start editing of course

Code:
    building market{
      convert_to market_castle
      levels corn_exchange market fairground great_market merchants_quarter
      {
        corn_exchange city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { northern_european, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { eastern_european, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { greek, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { southern_european, }
            agent_limit merchant 1
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires not event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4
            }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  800
          settlement_min town
          upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Export_descr_buildings.txt
    Look for this entry, and remove the parts in red. Do the same for all levels of the Marked building range.
    And be sure to take a backup of the file before you start editing of course

Code:
    building market{
      convert_to market_castle
      levels corn_exchange market fairground great_market merchants_quarter
      {
        corn_exchange city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { northern_european, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { eastern_european, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { greek, }
            agent merchant  0  requires factions { southern_european, }
            agent_limit merchant 1
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires not event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4
            }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  800
          settlement_min town
          upgrades
    Thanks - I'll try that.!

Hi all. I've been playing this for a couple weeks now, and here's a few things I've noticed which are either problems or things I just don't know understand. Some of these may just require explanations, but others I can't help but feel are problems.

- Free Upkeep doesn't seem to work, either in cities or in castles. I'm paying for every single unit.
    - In the diplomacy screen, offers which appear as "Balanced" "Generous" and "Very Generous" are routinely refused and often rebuked. I keep making generous offers and LOSING REP with the Faction in question, as if I had offered something offensive! There's no discernible logic to it, I feel like it must be a coding glitch.
    - Usurpers are a HUGE problem and there's nothing it seems can be done to prevent it. It's crippling, and once a general becomes a "plotter" he's now useless for the rest of his life. Some change to how this works would be welcome (it seems like a cool idea, it's just turned up to 11 right now).
    - Income seems to fluctuate wildly from year to year without discernible cause. Even my budget for the next turn somehow is always horribly off. I've gone from having a 10000 surplus one turn to being in the negative the next turn without changing my expenditures at all!
    - I'm getting some strange missions. As Novgorod, for example, I was being asked to blockade a port in Algeria when I have no fleet, much less a port that could produce a fleet and get it there in time.
    - Rum feels like an international pariah. I'm at turn 40 and I've tried everyone on my half of the map: zero alliances, and once someone goes to war with me I can never make peace with them.
    - Why were forts removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy the Wiz View Post
    Hi all. I've been playing this for a couple weeks now, and here's a few things I've noticed which are either problems or things I just don't know understand. Some of these may just require explanations, but others I can't help but feel are problems.

- Free Upkeep doesn't seem to work, either in cities or in castles. I'm paying for every single unit.
    Working as intended. AI couldn't use the free upkeep so we thought we remove this player-only advantage

- In the diplomacy screen, offers which appear as "Balanced" "Generous" and "Very Generous" are routinely refused and often rebuked. I keep making generous offers and LOSING REP with the Faction in question, as if I had offered something offensive! There's no discernible logic to it, I feel like it must be a coding glitch.
    Known bug especially for alliance offers. not yet fixable.

- Usurpers are a HUGE problem and there's nothing it seems can be done to prevent it. It's crippling, and once a general becomes a "plotter" he's now useless for the rest of his life. Some change to how this works would be welcome (it seems like a cool idea, it's just turned up to 11 right now).
    Fixed for the new version. See this
    http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/Bm4Oo36b/file.html

- Income seems to fluctuate wildly from year to year without discernible cause. Even my budget for the next turn somehow is always horribly off. I've gone from having a 10000 surplus one turn to being in the negative the next turn without changing my expenditures at all!
    Perhaps farming/Trade changes? Traits? Could be a lot of things tbh.

- I'm getting some strange missions. As Novgorod, for example, I was being asked to blockade a port in Algeria when I have no fleet, much less a port that could produce a fleet and get it there in time.
    We didn't change missions. Looking into it asap.

- Rum feels like an international pariah. I'm at turn 40 and I've tried everyone on my half of the map: zero alliances, and once someone goes to war with me I can never make peace with them.
    Bribe them? Shouldn't be hard to bribe someone into an alliance. And peace deals are also not that hard to get imo. Especially if your enemy has other enemies in place.

- Why were forts removed?
    AI bugs/Player advantage.

croater's Avatar Foederatus

The mod is very, very good, i play it for almost a year and half. For me personally everything is good, played Byzantines, Scotts and Norwegians each for about 50 turns with last patch with no crash or any bug encountered, maybe im lucky or this submod is good . Now from my point of view, i would start fixing and balancing units especially for muslim factions, there is just to many units, to much for my taste. Altough they all look extremly good. And second, the old unit cards. They are only thing to be done so this game would look really polished. But dont mind me, its only my personal opinion, i love this submod, for me mod, so keep up the good work