Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25506566676869707172737475
Results 1,481 to 1,492 of 1492

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.97 is here for you (18 October 2020).

Unavoidable crash after Winter, 1138AD. Its the fifth straight one.
    system.log.txt
    System log attached
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@kingman, @DukeNukem - please upload the saves

It's not possible to tell anything from:
    16:03:34.569 [game.script] [always] Turn Start egypt
    16:03:36.306 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

there's such a long lag, many things might have happened.

I understand the recent patch released fixes a few scripting errors and is not save-game compatible. Do I need this patch? Or can I keep playing my current game with the 18th October release?

Quote Originally Posted by CodOfDuty View Post
    I understand the recent patch released fixes a few scripting errors and is not save-game compatible. Do I need this patch? Or can I keep playing my current game with the 18th October release?
    As far as we know, there're no fatal errors in the base build (Oct 18) of the SSHIP, so you can keep on playing.
    You will miss the additional-princess-spawn, the pope will be aggressive and some other details that were recently added. The other stuff should be ok.

---------------------------------
    A general announcement:

We are not going to make further patches to the v. 097 (ie the patch F is the last one) - the mod seems very stable now, with no obvious bugs related to the recent changes.

The next version of the SSHIP (098) will be issued once we do further modding.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 23, 2020 at 04:14 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

EDIT JoC: it's to provide the new players with info that the SSHIP 097 is perfectly playable.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
    I only had one CTD in my entire game and it didn't happen again when I reloaded my save.
    The current game SSHIP 0.9.7 + patch F + KCC 0.9.5 + battle_models.modeldb corrected by Gigantus works fine.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 10, 2020 at 04:30 AM.

Icon5 Additional Features of SSHIP

Hello All,
    I am just getting back into M2TW and it has been a long time since I have played M2TW let alone stainless steel. I have heard really good things about the SSHIP and I was just curious if there was a link somewhere that I could view all of what the SSHIP adds onto regular SS. I glance around the forum here and could not find a full list of features etc.
    Any help is appreciated thank you!

Default Re: Additional Features of SSHIP

I think there's a fairly long changelog in this entry describing changes up to 092 version (published in 2015), and in the preceeding entry there's a description of the more recent changes.

Default 0.98

I just wanted to say you all did a great job on 0.98! 0.97 was crashing to the point that it became unplayable after a certain amount of turns. 100 turns in 0.98 and 1 crash so far! Incredible stable. And i love SSHIP, it really makes you consider every move you make. You can't just start agitating everyone willy nilly or you'll get jumped from all sides.

Thanks again for what is probably my favourite mod for Medieval II.

Default Re: 0.98

+1
    Absolutely, I agree, OP. 0.98 is amazing, it is the best for M2TW which preserves the medieval setting!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 0.98

I am happy with these good feedbacks. Regarding my participation - working to improve the appearance and historical credibility of the units - I still have a lot to contribute... this good feedback encourages us, thank you !

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who contributes to the improvement of this mod

I haven't played this SSHIP mod for a while and I realized that I'm not able to continue playing the game. I played for Scotland on a very hard difficulty. After about 40 turns I have captured Great Britain, all of France and a few other provinces. My economy is pretty good, I can make a profit and at the same time continue to conquer. My problem is that the game is generally very punishing on this difficulty. 1 turn takes at least 1-2 hours (counting battles and further analysis of everything else). I think the game on VHD is very complex and quite confusing and very very slow.. This is the reason why I am unable to continue the game. Of course, there is an option to play the game on an easier difficulty, while I think that this choice does not reduce the excessive complexity of the game.

I used many exploits to succeed in the game. What I consider very unbalanced is the possibility to use 2-3 ideally experienced spies, send them to the enemy settlement and thus achieve almost 100% chance for opening the enemy gate without 1 turn of besieging. In this case the enemy behaves very confused on the battlefield, and the capture of a settlement becomes very easy.

I think what bothers me the most about the mod is the ratio of 1 year in game = 2 turns. This and the fact that the early era starts in 1132, these two factors in the game cause, that additional units become available after 100-200-300 turns. Which makes me very disappointed. I assume these are units from the high era.

So I would like to know which event starts the High era and which the Late era, or at least when units from these eras become available in the game.

(I just tried the Roar of Conquest mod, which offers a campaign from 1330. There I found the unsatisfactory fact that, for example, for the Teutonic Order, it is possible to recruit the strongest units of the faction on the first turn, with the exception of gunpowder units.)

In SSHIP I consider the imbalance that cities can sometimes produce even more and better units than castles. So I can say that almost every castle is relatively advantageous to be converted into a city, with the exception of a very advanced level of the castle, when many buildings would be destroyed or for strategic reasons.

If any of my comments are out of date, please consider them irrelevant.

Any feedback welcome.

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Hi Wakawaka,
    40 turns is very short time, 20 years. For me, the goal in modding would be: 1 settlement taken every 10 years (with breakdowns, or even civil wars, after death of a king), with the initial conquest for smaller nations faster. If you have a look at Gaku's recent game (in a neighbouring thread), he's in turn 330, has 23 settlements, while started with 5. So it's almost there.

1 turn per 1-2 hours is indeed long, I usually play faster. Also the battles are not so long (as eg in EBII - see here).

Complexity - we are nowhere near complexity of games like Europa Universalis. Or even maybe the more recent Total Wars.

Later eras - indeed, the units are scheduled for later years (see some details below). For now there's only Early Era, but in the future, who knows. The game is set currently for 800 turns, although the number of events and mechanisms dwindle fast after 100 years, I think.

; Currently a standard evolution of a faction is: (T - tier of a knight unit);
    0: BEGINNING: T1 main
    ; 140: HEAVY_MAIL: T1 late + T2 early
    ; 310: TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR: T2 middle + T3 early
    ; 380: PAVISE_SHIELDS
    ; 440: HALF_PLATE_ARMOR T2 late + T3 middle
    ; 510: FULL_PLATE_ARMOR
    ; 600: MATCHLOCK T3 late
    Code:
    ;- POLAND landowners2 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Numbers and events are similar to the NE knights.
    ; Poland has 2 upgrades of mounted knights, and 2 upgrades of foot knights.

; At some point review the events, as for the late era the event is not introduced.

; Events that might be taken into account:
    ;     40: HANSEATIC_LEAGUE
    ;    105: OSTSIEDLUNG
    ;        140: HEAVY_MAIL
    ;        210: MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS
    ;    220: POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY
    ;    305: POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA
    ;        310: TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR
    ;        320: HANSEATIC_COG
    ;        380: PAVISE_SHIELDS
    ;    440: POLAND6_UNITED_KINGDOM
    ;    440: HALF_PLATE_ARMOR
    ;    510: FULL_PLATE_ARMOR
    ;    600: MATCHLOCK
    ;    640: GOTHIC_ARMOR
    ;    800: pike_and_shot

; 1st stage
            recruit_pool    "Polish Nobles"                    1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1
            recruit_pool    "Polish Nobles"                    1    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1

recruit_pool    "Dismounted Polish Nobles"        0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Polish Nobles"        0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1  and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1

; 2nd stage
            recruit_pool    "Polish Knights"                0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
            recruit_pool    "Polish Knights"                1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Polish Knights"                1    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool    "Dismounted Polish Knights"        0.8    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Polish Knights"        0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Polish Knights"        0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

; 3rd stage
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"                0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"                1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"                1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1 and not event_counter GOTHIC_ARMOR 1

recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"        0.8    0.03    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"        0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"        0.9    0.07    2  0  requires factions { poland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1 and not event_counter GOTHIC_ARMOR 1
    Code:
    ;- POLAND city barracks army_barracks ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;----- increases supply of the AoR unit (does not grow with urbanization level):

recruit_pool	"Slavic Javelinmen"			0	0.04	0  0  requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource poland and not event_counter POLAND4_LOCATION_OF_CRACOW 1
    		recruit_pool	"Woodsmen"					0	0.04	0  0  requires factions { poland, } and hidden_resource poland and not event_counter POLAND6_UNITED_KINGDOM 1

;----- melee ---------------------------- (UNfWE - with replacement of types of units and events) 

recruit_pool  "EE Spear Militia"			2	0.21	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and not event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1		
            recruit_pool  "EE Spear Militia"			2	0.24	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
            recruit_pool  "EE Spear Militia"			2	0.27	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1

recruit_pool  "Pavise Spear Militia"		2	0.21	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1
            recruit_pool  "Pavise Spear Militia"		2	0.30	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool  "Pavise Spear Militia"		2	0.21	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool  "Halberd Militia"				2	0.23	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    		recruit_pool  "Halberd Militia"				2	0.30	3  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1	

;----- missiles ------------------------- (UNfWE)
    		; beginning: only AoR

recruit_pool  "EE Crossbow Militia"  1   0.16	2  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1 and not event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1
    		recruit_pool  "EE Crossbow Militia"  1   0.18	2  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1 and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
    		recruit_pool  "EE Crossbow Militia"  1   0.21	2  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1 and not event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1
    		recruit_pool  "EE Crossbow Militia"  1   0.18	2  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1

;----- increases supply of the Baltic Crossbowmen from Hansa Teutonica building
            recruit_pool	  "Lettish Crossbowmen"		0	0.13	0  0  requires factions { poland, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
            recruit_pool	  "Lettish Crossbowmen"		0	0.16	0  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 08, 2022 at 05:16 PM.