Page 93 of 305 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'm very sorry for you but I honestly can't see what to do more to solve your problem
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default CTD on AI turns using SSHIP

Hi everyone,

Just today I installed the SSHIP mod after using SS6.4 for a couple of years, and after about an hour of playing I keep getting CTD's. On SS6.4 it did happen occasionally, but usually only during battles and it was generally easy to avoid. Now, however, the crashes occur during the AI's turn. There also seems to be no specific turn when it crashes; sometimes I restart the game and change turn again and it just works, only to crash again a few turns later. I've tried browsing the forums here to see if anyone faced similar problems, but to no avail.

Anyone any idea what the problem might be? Currently the mod is more or less unplayable - too bad because it does look really good.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Read the 1st post of this thread and post your log right after a CTD occurs.
    Specify wich era and which faction you're playing.
    When the CTD happens, does it always during the same faction's turn? If yes, which one?

And welcome among these forums btw
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Having a weird issue. My log isn't recording, despite having it activated. An after battle CTD keeps occurring in my Pisa campaign against a Venetian army with Hirdsmen generals. I can win either playing or autoresolve, but both end up in a CTD.

I''ve kept the army trapped and waited a few turns, they never attack me. I've tried attacking after waiting turns, but with the same results. It's either the classic black screen and "Medieval not working" pop up, or it just freezes and closes.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Apply this and then try again.
    Trace logs set to custom folders sometimes don't get created, the reason why I have started setting my trace log to the default folder and log name every time I play a mod. Give that a shot as well (from my Bare Geomod set up):
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                       # basic log

Blog Entries

The fact that the Venetian army has Hirsmenn (Norse unit) is already wrong
    Venice is not listed as able to recruit them, meaning also no entry in the modeldb and EDB. So the only way for Venice to recruit Hirdsmenn is to recruit them as mercenaries (which is also wrong).
    All in all, I think that these Hirdsmenn are the problem.

Blog Entries

The lack of ownership (EDU) does not crash the game. Not does a lack of a faction entry in the modelDB.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input Gig. I'm learning everyday

Blog Entries

Easiest way to check is in a custom battle with only that unit in one army.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2017 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Will try it tonight once I'm back home on my personal laptop

Blog Entries

I removed the earlier comment about only needing an era entry - checked and found that ownership is needed, era alone does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Apply this and then try again.
    Trace logs set to custom folders sometimes don't get created, the reason why I have started setting my trace log to the default folder and log name every time I play a mod. Give that a shot as well (from my Bare Geomod set up):
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                       # basic log
    Thanks! And yes, I don't understand where Venice got them. To be more accurate it's only generals and not family members that have the Hirdsmen, but they have Italian names, so they weren't bought off.

EDIT:

I have a new issue. Sometimes when I click on enemy cities, the game will suddenly crash.
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; August 03, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Lifhtrasir,
    This is not exactly on the topic of SSHIP, but I feel it's important for everybody on this forum.
    One month ago Photobucket closed his free services. I see many, many pics put on the TWC webpage inaccessible, like in this thread or in many threads on SSHIP.
    I'm interested if you've discussed it internally among TWC administrator (I cannot find any trace on the main Forum page) and what are the conclusions? (apart the usual stuff "Use imgur") Are there any chances to save those files from extinction?
    JoC

Blog Entries

@ LuckyPistol, does it happen for any settlement or for some specific one? If it is related to specific settlements, can you give me a list of them?

@ JoC, there's nothing that TWC can do. All depends on the posters. If they still have these pics originally hosted on Photobucket, they should use another site such as Imgur and repost their pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ LuckyPistol, does it happen for any settlement or for some specific one? If it is related to specific settlements, can you give me a list of them?
    Any settlement, but they've all been rebel ones.

Blog Entries

I think it's related to your installation. I need your log to check.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Lifhtrasir,
    This is not exactly on the topic of SSHIP, but I feel it's important for everybody on this forum.
    One month ago Photobucket closed his free services. I see many, many pics put on the TWC webpage inaccessible, like in this thread or in many threads on SSHIP.
    I'm interested if you've discussed it internally among TWC administrator (I cannot find any trace on the main Forum page) and what are the conclusions? (apart the usual stuff "Use imgur") Are there any chances to save those files from extinction?
    JoC
    It's possible to recover the pics with a download manager, either directly or by using the 'direct' code in the pic's photobucket page. It is however extremely painstaking work - I had to do it for all my tutorials and mods, must have been 80 pics or so and took me two days.

Any private effort is welcome - if you have recovered pics then contact me with the details and I will replace them. In the meantime I am replacing as I come across them and time permitting.

Edit: took me ten minutes to replace just that one pic.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 04, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's possible to recover the pics with a download manager, either directly or by using the 'direct' code in the pic's photobucket page. It is however extremely painstaking work - I had to do it for all my tutorials and mods, must have been 80 pics or so and took me two days.

Any private effort is welcome - if you have recovered pics then contact me with the details and I will replace them. In the meantime I am replacing as I come across them and time permitting.
    Gig,
    to be clear: can you do it with pics which somebody else attached (eg. this was not my thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post7374583)
    If yes, could you (or somebody ;-) make a page with precise explanation how to do it? The need for the old pics is always situational, from billions just few would be needed, and you never know which ones.
    JoC

Blog Entries

I just replaced the first pic in the thread you linked to - so the answer is yes. The one step only moderators\admins can do is to add the pics into the post.

I am using Internet Download Manager which allows me to to right click the place holder and start downloading. Sometimes however the link has an html extension in which case you have to click normally (double left click) on the place holder to open it's photobucket page. There on the right you then copy the 'direct' link into your download manager to download the picture.
    After that it's a simple matter of uploading the pic somewhere else.

Then give me the link to the post plus the new links and I'll insert them. If it is multiple pics please make sure to list the links in the order of appearance.

Thanks, Gig.
    I'd suggest you can make just a thread for the TWC users to make it happen without your involvement, and then sticky it in all the fora (ie for each TW game). I feel that many users of the TWC pages have similar problems.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!