Page 9 of 303 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I only know the answer to question 1, the spear militia has free upkeep in cities, but not towns or large towns, only cities and higher.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Are you sure it is working? I tested with Leon, which is a city (albiet a minor one). Also just now started a byzantine game, and their spearmen didn't seem to be getting the effect even from their huge city (though there I just checked the financial report, whereas with Leon I actually disbanded all troops but spearment, moving them in and out of the city and checking the end of turn finances over many turns, just in case the financial report was off)

upkeep is removed in this mod guys.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    upkeep is removed in this mod guys.
    I confirm that it has been removed.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Hi Lifthrasir - Thanks so much for the awesome mod!

Perhaps the in-game descriptions of units should be updated? It still lists free-upkeep for the units.

Also just want to make sure you also saw the other 3 potential bugs I reported in my initial post, regarding the aragon family, danish wife, and pilgrimage. Has the pilgrimage system also changed to be something other than visiting the relevant cities with the units, or is it indeed a bug?

Senator

Huh. So I had a fatal graphics error when trying to load siege battles as the attacker. It happened in two separate settlements regardless of reloading etc. So I took the advice to turn graphics down (which strikes me as odd, because I've run countless battles in the past with no issue). The siege loaded fine, and I was able to play it out til completion.

But the mercenary crossbowmen had a weird graphical glitch with their crossbows - they were stretched and distorted, like pieces of string, way longer than the model itself. So they looked weird.

And the mercenary frankish knights unit - which I have seen in battle before with their weird helmets - vanished. Like, it was just the legs and what I assume was parts of a belt floating on a horse. The horse was fine, the officer was fine, but the soldiers themselves were invisible. Strange stuff.

ZeroChrome's Avatar Libertus

Hi, I really enjoyed this mod a while back and I've attempted to reinstall it but get this error during installation:

If I choose to ignore the warning the mod will finish installing with no further errors but the game doesn't start up at all. I am using a clean SS 6.4 install. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries

You should use the "full install". It's easier to install it than to install all versions from v0.8.0.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

how does this mod installs itself? because i'd like to keep my current campaign with Meeelo's bugfixes, will it be a mod within a mod, like, i can play both Vanilla and This one? btw how is the hungarian rooster? still the same as vanilla SS (Which is almost vanilla also)
    Last edited by LusitanPlayer; September 08, 2014 at 07:17 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

No, it will overwrite vanilla 6.4 and any existing mods, just copy your SS6.3 and then paste, rename it whatever and then install SSHIP

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Thanks Navajo. Guess my pc is too busy right now to just have another instance of SS :\
    while i enjoy stainless steel right now, i keep on waiting for DoTS and SS 7.0, both of which we all had deemed for dead

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Yeah, the downside is that it does use up alot of your HD, as a Beta Tester for 6.3 and 6.4, I had a number of different versions to test and explore stuff, used to have 500gb HD, now a 1TB, so no problems anymore

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

yes i have 1TB but my computer is not in its best. :\

where can i find the generals' portraits? i ve looked everywhere in the ui folder. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    How do I re-enable the feature? Or maybe can I turn it to "Cheaper Upkeep" Instead of "Free Upkeep"?

You guys need to include and modify the data/text/event_strings.txt file.

because without editing the middle_eastern culture marriage/princess related entries, they will appear in game as "DO NOT TRANSLATE" blablabla when a a muslim princess gets marriages proposals or tries to steal generals.

The rebel in Sis are still using the old Byzantine unit card.
    Also are the Tagmata unit supposed to not be available until the LateranCouncil4 event?

Blog Entries

I have to check because in history, Tagmata can refer to several units.

Ok, I found it weird because I think that in vanilla SS the only requirement for them is having the Scholae barrack in Constantinople.
    Also the public bath are available to every culture and I'm sure they're supposed to be a Roman-exclusive building.

Blog Entries

Actually, people during the Middle Ages used to take baths a lot more often than we usually think. for those who couldn't afford their own bath, they used to go to Bathhouses. Bathhouses were open daily except on Sunday. Their price was fixed by the provost. For example, in 1292 AD, Paris had 27 bathhouses. People used to go there for hygien but also to relax: you could eat or play cards and until the 15th century, you could even find prostitutes.

Here is a famous sentence from that period: Venari, ludere, lavari, bibere; Hoc est vivere! (To hunt, to play, to wash, to drink, – This is to live!)

So, basically, it was not only a Roman exclusive building.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 20, 2014 at 01:18 PM.