Page 88 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3863787980818283848586878889909192939495969798113138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

For scottish faction(early and high era) i can not listen some voice in my sship game,(when you click above general strat map model,also in battle you dont listen how units talk," heavy infantry", "cavalry"...and for other some units in quick battle is the same issue, for example for "strelzy" unit, lithuanian archers...
    i have a non english version(spanish version)of medieval 2 and i followed the instruction abput delete sound file,etc...
    maybe is a issue in the sound files that dont "connect" good or something with game units and strat map models, in other factions as castille,sicilians are well
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: completely unusable mountain maps make battles in Anatolia impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Hi,

So I love the mod, but the terrain maps are completely insane -- to the point of making battles unplayable. Every battle I've fought in Anatolia has been so full of crazy mountains as to be pointless, which is a shame because the mod seems excellent.

Is there any way to change this?

Edit: so I doubt this is a submod-specific issue but it's ruining a potentially magnificent Byzantine campaign. How do you folks get around the fact that the terrain makes it impossible to have real battles? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance!

I recall playing Hungary in the Balkans in SS6.4-BftB and I had similar issues. That's perhaps even M2TW thing. I just muddled through, I'm not aware of any fix.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yang0716 View Post
    Help plz i have some issue on the unit when they dead they will just glitch out like this
    is they any way to fix it? it's very annoying
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That concerns some archers units and it's due to the animations. It should be fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Hi,

So I love the mod, but the terrain maps are completely insane -- to the point of making battles unplayable. Every battle I've fought in Anatolia has been so full of crazy mountains as to be pointless, which is a shame because the mod seems excellent.

Is there any way to change this?

Edit: so I doubt this is a submod-specific issue but it's ruining a potentially magnificent Byzantine campaign. How do you folks get around the fact that the terrain makes it impossible to have real battles? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance!
    I think that this is due to the map height. A similar issue has been reported for battles on bridges in mountaneous areas as well. As Gig has fixed the issue to use Geomod, I'll see what I can do.

PS: I've merged all post/thread on the topic. No need to "spam" everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    For scottish faction(early and high era) i can not listen some voice in my sship game,(when you click above general strat map model,also in battle you dont listen how units talk," heavy infantry", "cavalry"...and for other some units in quick battle is the same issue, for example for "strelzy" unit, lithuanian archers...
    i have a non english version(spanish version)of medieval 2 and i followed the instruction abput delete sound file,etc...
    maybe is a issue in the sound files that dont "connect" good or something with game units and strat map models, in other factions as castille,sicilians are well
    I guess that you refer to the battle voices, right? I think Georgia has the same issue. I'll check it
    For stratmap voices, the soundfix should work
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 31, 2017 at 11:30 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for replying so soon -- I appreciate it! Even in spite of this issue my current Byzantium campaign is loads of fun. It's like a whole new game.

Hope it goes well and thanks again.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I guess that you refer to the battle voices, right? I think Georgia has the same issue. I'll check it
    For stratmap voices, the soundfix should work

It's missing entries in descr_sounds_db.xml where the general's pre-battle speech is concerned:

Code:
    <SoundDB>
            <OneLiners>
                    <Faction>scotland</Faction>
                    <Faction>kievan_rus</Faction>
                    <Faction>russia</Faction>
                    <Faction>poland</Faction>
                    <Faction>hungary</Faction>
                    <Faction>denmark</Faction>
                    <Faction>norway</Faction>
                    <Faction>lithuania</Faction>
                    <Faction>turks</Faction>
                    <Faction>moors</Faction>
                    <Faction>egypt</Faction>
                    <Faction>kwarezm</Faction>
                    <Faction>mongols</Faction>
                    <Faction>cumans</Faction>
                    <Faction>timurids</Faction>
            </OneLiners>
    </SoundDB>
    All accents listed in descr_sounds_accents (are all factions present?) are listed in export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice as well as in export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice, so maybe new IDX and DAT files need to be generated?

Regarding the battle maps: it's mostly due to extreme RGB difference between neighboring pixels in map_heights. 'Smudging' ('finger' tool [S] in GIMP) the accessible areas helps here. Smudging from high to low value increases the overall height of the low values, in reverse it reduces the high values.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 01, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks Gig for orienting me on the voice problem and for confirming the map heights one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Well, I am not being rude or too pushy, but I am still waiting for possible fix for my Hungarian family tree problem. Just letting you know I havent given up waiting
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I have this problem: when i am trying to input another model for the second captain the game craashes at the start so the modeldb file must be the problem. The number of models in this file has nothing to do since my previoud medieval game had up to 1860 model entries. Do you see something rong with the speling or most important with the animation? since are standard berrier i dont know if are any limitations...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19 varangian_standarda1 1
    46 unit_models/mixed/varangian_standard_lod0.mesh 6400
    9 byzantium
    63 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard.texture
    70 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_normal.texture
    50 unit_sprites/byzantium_ere_light_lancer_sprite.spr
    5 slave
    63 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard.texture
    70 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_normal.texture
    50 unit_sprites/byzantium_ere_light_lancer_sprite.spr

9 byzantium

70 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_attach.texture

77 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_attach_normal.texture 0

5 slave

70 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_attach.texture

77 unit_models/mixed/textures/nikossaiz_varangian_standard_attach_normal.texture 0
    4 None
    14 MTW2_Spear_new 0
    22 MTW2_Spear_primary_new
    5 horse
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0

MTW2_Sword_Primary_new
    8 elephant
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0
    22 MTW2_Sword_Primary_new
    5 camel
    17 MTW2_HR_Sword_new 0
    22 MTW2_Sword_Primary_new
    0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Last edited by nikossaiz; April 01, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Everything looks correct. Is the 22 in the end part of the next entry? Did you update the bmmdb serialization number?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Yes!! Thank you Jurcek! this was the problem, the "22" . is the first time that i have an animation like this and i didnt know how to read it. Thanks again!!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

One is glad to be of service

In future, if you have any issues with animation entries, try this tool. With it you can just choose any animation you want from a slider.
    Last edited by jurcek1987; April 01, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

I see that dev team is fixing campaign map, so I would like to remaind of non- crossable bridges problem, maybe it could be fixed in actual release.

I've created a google spreadsheet list of non-crossable bridges, anyone can edit and add such bridges.
    I've already put two bridges from Iberia.

I invite every player to fill those list, in such way we can help dev team to fix those issues.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    I see that dev team is fixing campaign map, so I would like to remaind of non- crossable bridges problem, maybe it could be fixed in actual release.

I've created a google spreadsheet list of non-crossable bridges, anyone can edit and add such bridges.
    I've already put two bridges from Iberia.

I invite every player to fill those list, in such way we can help dev team to fix those issues.
    also for Iberia we should look better the campaign map and maybe improve it, as the famous spanish mines or other resources...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

@ tmodelsk, I also know that tere are several others in Anatolia. However, Gigantus confirmed that the issue is due to the map heights (to keep it simple: too much difference within a small area). For now, I'm correcting the strat map itself. When done, it's planned to check all rivers in mountaneous areas and these areas as well in order to remove all these crazy battle fileds in which you can't deploy

@ j.a.luna, if you have time, feel free to make a list per region (with location if possible - at least the name of these locations). That would save me a lot of time. Thanks in advance

jackw93's Avatar Foederatus

Hey team i recently started a new campaign and went about re adjusting some aspects of the game - one of them being the "unlimited_men_on_battlefield" from 0-1 to have multiple armies on the field at once.

wondering if anyone has had difficulty with ss6.4/SSHIP and implementing this change. I believe that I have successfully implemented this in a previous SS/SSHIP campaign but I can't recall the exact procedure.

I changed the medieval.preferences.cfg folder to a .txt doc to edit it - then am left with 2 documents - one being the altered one and the other being vanilla settings - do i keep both folders? delete one? change the .txt back into .cfg?

I then realized maybe there is a trick with running SS6.4 before installing SSHIP with the changed settings...

anyways if anyone has successfully done this and can recall what they did i would appreciate thy help/service

a thousand blessings

Blog Entries

The trick is to run another mod with that setting (unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1) - which then will automatically adjust the setting in the default medieval2.preference.CFG file. Installing and running my Bare Geomod mod set up will do just that. After that check that the entry exists in your medieval2.preference file.
    Reason for doing it this way is as simple as it is obscure: editing that file manually will simply be reversed at the next game start, hence the circuitous route.

And never, ever, under no circumstance, edit a text file with as a doc file - tons of hidden formatting. Simply use the default Notepad application (right click CFG file\open with) or the extended version (Notepad++)
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 09, 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Blog Entries

In addition to Gig's post, saving the default medieval2.preference.CFG file with the "read only" attribute should prevent the game to remove your change when you restart it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In addition to Gig's post, saving the default medieval2.preference.CFG file with the "read only" attribute should prevent the game to remove your change when you restart it
    It's an option - I didn't mention it as then any change you make via the in-game settings (video, sounds etc) will not get saved.

Anytime I click on the city of Sinope in Asia Minor I get an instant crash.

just a heads up!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Blog Entries

I think it has been already mentioned but will have a look at it. Thanks for pointing this