Page 86 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 6055

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

How can you have 2 family members belonging to 2 different factions in the same stack? I've never seen that before.
    I'd like to see a pic if it is possible
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 02, 2017 at 03:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

here is my log file i hope you find it system.log.rar

Blog Entries

Got it
    Btw, do you use any of the mini-mods?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

nope i don't

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've got a question about replays of battles. Actually, I was not able to do see them, so I gave up many years ago. I know the intricacies:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Play your campaign battle.
    2. When it's finished (the screen with statistics) just open the console by pressing ~ and type:
    save_battle_replay name (attention to VISTA users: if the folder "replays" is not in ...\Medieval II Total War\ you will have to create it by your own, otherwise you will get an error.)
    3. It will be in ...\Medieval II Total War\replays
    4. but they have to be put in ".\..\Mediewal II - Total War\mods\SS6.4\replays
    5. to load a game replay start SS and go to 'Main Menu' > 'Load Game' > 'Load Battle Replay'
    you will get an error message but don't worry, click accept and your replay will load.
    Turing replay you will not be able to exit the game in the normal way (Exit Battle will not work) so Alt+TAB -> CTRL+ALT+DEL -> close kingdoms.exe.

but I tried to do it now with SSHIP and while I'm able to save, I cannot load: "M2TW encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".
    I've got Windows 10 and Steam M2TW installed outside Program Files folder.
    Anybody have solution or it's simply not possible?

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Just a quick question. Any news about my Hungarian family tree problem? Thank you.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Blog Entries

No, not yet. I haven't found it yet.

hello devs, this questions was probably already asked before, but i couldnt find it.
    Whats the recommended difficulty level for this mod? Currently i'm on hard/hard, but wondering if late game will become too easy, and maybe i should restart on vh?

Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    hello devs, this questions was probably already asked before, but i couldnt find it.
    Whats the recommended difficulty level for this mod? Currently i'm on hard/hard, but wondering if late game will become too easy, and maybe i should restart on vh?
    Always is better play in vh/vh difficulty, this gets the maximum performance of the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

CTD at byzantine empire's turn

Hi, I've got an unavoidable CTD at the byzantine empire's turn, my OS is windows 7, I'm using the steam version of the game and I'm using the Historically Accurate Faction/Character Titles submod furthermore I've manually ported the battle map environments from EB2 and the gunpowder effects from 1648 Total War – 30 Jahre Krieg. I also added a trait from Roma Surrectum III that prevents family members from getting childeren when in enemy territory.

This is my log:
    14:01:19.750 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:01:19.751 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:01:19.755 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:01:19.756 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:01:19.757 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:01:19.758 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:01:19.759 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:01:19.759 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:01:56.343 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    14:04:46.205 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 7002, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    diplomatic_stance rum teutonic_order neutral
    err: diplomatic_stance stance unknown

14:04:59.325 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

If you need more info I'll do my best to provide it to you.

Cossack gunner texture bug

I also noticed an issue with the texture of cossack gunners:

Last edited by 20ninescene; March 13, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries

The ctd looks related to the script. That's MWY's domain

Noted for the missing texture

@forum,

I wonder if anyone could spare a little technical expertise please..

I have been tweaking the campaign & start up scripts [only due to minor personal taste as the mod is fantastic as is] on the early campaign option, and have recently incorporated the campaign garrison script and placed the revised common sense character traits script into the game folders. Everything worked fine [I test as I go for CDT].

I recently run a defag [probably insubstantial], and upon my return to the game I have discovered that an "ERROR" message has appeared in red on the left hand side of the mini map. I have checked the radar files and they appear to me to be fine.

I have placed this post in the technical thread as I can't imagine that any of the above scripts would impact on the mini map if the mod is still booting up without any issues, and the game runs fine [I could just put up this and still play]. Does anyone know how an "ERROR" message of this nature is generated so I could potential fix?

Many Thanks

Hi! First of all, thank you very much for SSHIP It's the only reason why I started to play Stainless Steel, as I'm a great fan of historical mods.

I have started a campaign with Aragon in H/H, which I'm really enjoying it and it was quite challenging until I conquer Spain (let Castile-and-Leon and Portugal survive with one settlement each, despite they were the ones betraying me due to my increasing power after defeating the Moors; my marriage with the old sons in their 60s with their princesses saved my dynasty) and north of France. My empire is growing greatly and very stable, I'm the second most important nation after Byzantin Empire (right behind, almost there).

However, I've found out a very important bug in my campaign. My actual king, a rightful heir (first son of the former king), designed his son as his heir (also, rightful heir). This heir also had sons, which will inherit the heir title, presumably, and it's keeping my dynasty with competent rulers. Nevertheless, after the dead of my actual king, his heir/son got on the seat of the power, but he has been automatically called "the Usurper", despite being part of the dynasty. His son, the new heir, is now also usurping, which doesn't make any sense as they are direct descendants of the kings!

Suddenly, I realised that the heir who became king "the Usurper", and his sons (prospective heir), don't have the "rightful heir" trait, while other members in the family, either direct son descendants or new family members married to princesses descendants, are having the "rightful heir" trait... Why didn't the rightful descendants of my family, and consequently the natural line of sucession, have automatically acquired the "rightful heir" trait despite being rightful heirs since the beginning?

Before the "actual king" got on the seat of the power (the one who is going to die and let his son inherit the kingdom; later unreasonably called "the Usurper"), and due to still having royal descendants under age, there was a regency from a noble and a civil war from royal family to try to reestablish their royal rights, but the noble usurper managed to remain on power until he died, inheriting the kingdom who I called the "actual king". Could this fact have made any difference in messing up the "rightful heir" trait (not adding this trait) of the first-born royal family line?

I could upload my saved files to prove my statements, if you explain me how. If not, is it possible to add "rightful heir" trait to the royal members they unreasonably lack this trait,in order to avoid the destruction of my first-born legitimate royal dynasty, and avoiding this non-sense civil war between the same royal family?

Thank you very much in advance! Keep up the great progress, the AI and diplomacy are definitely working reasonably, despite I didn't lose any battle

Blog Entries

This issue is well known but we haven't found the way to correct it yet. Anyway, Jurand of Cracow is currently working on traits. Let's hope that he will find a way to remove that issue.

, shame to hear that... Let's hope that you find a way to fix it, as unfortunately, I lack any related skills to help you.

Isn't there a script command to add the "rightful heir" trait through console? There was a way to add "Heir" trait in other mods in order to try to influence the sucession chance, but I think it wasn't working at the end...

Forgot to mention that I'm playing with all the mini-mods from Jurand of Cracow (GTSC, EOG, PTF).

Best of luck and cheers!

Blog Entries

There's a possible "quick" solution by implementing the submod allowing the player to choose the Heir. I haven't looked through it in detail yet

Do you mean this submod for SS 6.4? I don't know if I explained myself correctly. My royal heirs are correctly selected when the "actual king" dies, but they just lack the "Rightful heir" trait despite being part of the royal family... That means there will be a civil war between the same family because this lack of trait, as the game understands that they are usurpers while they aren't... Will this submod add the "Rightful heir" trait they lack when passing them the ancillary?

If necessary, I could upload the save games to WeTransfer with the before/after effect bug.

Thanks again for your reply, Lifthrasir!!!

anything about my log file to fix my problem

Blog Entries

@ jdofo, thanks Mate but that's not necessary. I know what you mean Also, as said, I haven't looked that submod in detail yet.

@ salamander1000, not found the problem yet.

Hi all, and first off as per usual thanks for a great mod - I've been playing SS 6.4 for years now and have just started, it's a major improvement already. Loving it.

If I could point out a couple of things though -
    A leaders death in Serbia (I think it's just Serbia) results in a change of dynasty card coming up spelled "Dinasty" instead of "Dynasty". A small thing, but... grammar nazis to the fore, and all that.

And the next thing is possibly more of a question - with the jousting lists (I'm currently playing the HRE) the description notes that it allows a city to host jousting tournaments. I'd expect this to work in a similar way to the middle eastern races being held to keep the population happy, but I've never had the option. Is this something that was planned and forgotten, in development, or is it a bug? Or am I just reading too much

Playing Scotland was fun... although I did begin to conquer the Iberian peninsula, only to find the Knights of Santiago (Or was it Montesa? - I'll go back and check if you like) )buildings appearing in my list of possible construction options for a few cities, with a note below saying "not intended for this culture" or something. I didn't end up building any though so I don't know if there were any adverse affects from trying to do so.

again, these aren't anything game breaking - although I'd be very interested in the tourney field and jousting lists answer. Bloody hard to keep those Germans happy, sometimes...alvays mit ze plotting...