Page 84 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394109134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4mp10n View Post
    I asked last night about changing the max recruitment pool to more closely match the vanilla campaign (I know that it's not realistic/historically accurate but it's a game and I like most of the ss improvements except this one).
    So I went digging into my export_descr_buildings (or whatever) txt file and was going to make some changes when I realized I have no idea of what i'm looking at. (don't worry I made a back-up file in case i ruin something)
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml

The first part, recruit_pool, defines the type of capability. Then comes a unit's type name (the name in the "type" line of the export_descr_unit.txt) in quotes. Next comes the four numbers that define the recruit pool. The way that a recruit pool works is that there are points. The building starts with a certain amount of points, and gains more every turn. You spend one point every time that you want to recruit a unit. There is a limit to how many points that the building can have. The first number is the starting number of points. The second number is the number of points that the building gains each turn. The third number is the maximum number of points. The last number, which must be between 0 and 9, is the starting experience of the units trained there. In addition, you can tie the capability (and this goes for all capabilities) to a requirement, using any combination of the four defined earlier.
    etc etc

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Hi Ch4mp10n and welcome to TWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4amp10n
    recruit_pool "Hobilars" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource england
    The number in blue (2) is what you have to change, as this is the one that determines the max recruit pool. For the record, the other numbers are:
    1 => How many units are available when the building is constructed.
    0.17 => How fast the pool replenishes. In this case 0.17 units per turn (approx. 1 unit per 6 turns).
    0 => How much experience the units have when trained.

Note: To edit anything, please use Notepad++, not the default Windows text editor.

By the way, in case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Alavaria.

Thank you guys for the help! it's much appreciated

Ternascu's Avatar Laetus

I might have find a bug: After the notifications of "Hospitalliers expanding" and "First Rudder" I couldn't recruit either hospital units or trebutchets. I destroyed the buildings (Hospital Order building and Siege Works), and reconstructed them. And only then I was able to recruit these units.

Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ternascu View Post
    I might have find a bug: After the notifications of "Hospitalliers expanding" and "First Rudder" I couldn't recruit either hospital units or trebutchets. I destroyed the buildings (Hospital Order building and Siege Works), and reconstructed them. And only then I was able to recruit these units.

Is this normal?
    You need to wait a turn or two it seems.

Ternascu's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    You need to wait a turn or two it seems.
    Well, for the hospitalliers I've waited like 50. I'm in turn 99 or so by now. I only realised this when I saw that trebuchets weren't available either after some turns after First Rudder. It's like the units that become available during the game were bugged. Demolished the buildings, rebuilded them, and problem fixed. But i suppose this is not the way things should be

Hey, I have another question about the script. here's a sample:

recruit_pool "Mounted Sergeants" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { sicily, } and event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1 and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily

I get that the event_counter means that this unit needs this certain event but I'm not sure what these hidden_resource with the factions behind it.
    Thanks again for all the help

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4mp10n View Post
    Hey, I have another question about the script. here's a sample:

recruit_pool "Mounted Sergeants" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { sicily, } and event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1 and hidden_resource france or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily

I get that the event_counter means that this unit needs this certain event but I'm not sure what these hidden_resource with the factions behind it.
    Thanks again for all the help
    You can find all hidden_resources at the start of EDB. Each one of these is assigned to one or more regions (in descr_strat in the /data/world/maps/base folder). You can have up to 64 (?) such hidden resources and what they do is this: They are related to the recruit pool capability of certain buildings, which means that only regions that have the relevant hidden_resource will be able to recruit the unit mentioned after the recruit pool capability.
    They may do other things too, but that's the only thing I know for sure that they do.

Also: Welcome to TWC!
    In case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Default No more generals?

Hi guys I have a question. I just hit 1444AD ingame year and 626 turn and suddenly I cant recruit any general in my cities or castles. Is it a bug or a feature?
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: No more generals?

I've got no idea. Never got to that stage, never had such problems. I also rarely recruit generals since I try to keep the number of generals low enough for the next generation of family members to have children (the engine is unlikely to give children if you've got more generals than settlements).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ SirPeacemaker, if the general icon appear clearer in the recruitment pool (like non-available), how many turns do you have to wait (put your cursor on that icon and the text should appear)?
    If that icon has disappeared from the recruitment pool, how many regions do you hold and how many generals do you have? These 2 numbers should be more or less equal. If you have too many generals, that might explain why. It works that way for family members. However, I'm not sure that it's the same for recruited ones
    Any one to confirm?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 16, 2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ SirPeacemaker, if the general icon appear clearer in the recruitment pool (like non-available), how many turns do you have to wait (put your cursor on that icon and the text should appear)?
    If that icon has disappeared from the recruitment pool, how many regions do you hold and how many generals do you have? These 2 numbers should be more or less equal. If you have too many generals, that might explain why. It works that way for family members. However, I'm not sure that it's the same for recruited ones
    Any one to confirm?
    Hmm I dont think this is the case. There are no generals icons in recruitment poll. My generals keep dying (in battles or of the old age) but I cant recruit anyone else. Icons are just gone. Even I coquered few more regions afterwards, no Icons in recruitment pool.

Edit: I just noticed one thing. I own about 60 provinces. I was able to recruit generals bodyguards (generals) in lot of cities/castles before as I mentioned before. But now, I am able to recruit general only in 2 fortresses. Just in those two! I am not able to recruit in any citadel, but just in two fortresses. Thats interesting, isnt it? I have some more fortresses except those two, but in none of them I can recruit general. And looks like all fortresses have the same buildings built. I dont get it. Do I miss something?
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; February 16, 2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Blog Entries

I'll check that but it might be related to the exp_descr_building file in which that unit hasn't be setted to be recruited for some upgraded buildings. Can you tell me if it happens after you have upgraded the building?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I will check that regularely if it dissappears after any building upgrade.

Blog Entries

No, you don't need to check for all buildings upgrade but only for the one allowing you to recruit Generals. I think that's the stables if I remember correctly.

it's rebel levy archer dying and spinning to the point of this. it's funny but it's becomes annoying after tons of them die

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    No, you don't need to check for all buildings upgrade but only for the one allowing you to recruit Generals. I think that's the stables if I remember correctly.
    Well, after some more turns generals appeared in some more cities (new icons of generals with better armor). I had only 2 provinces before with ability to recruit generals (2 fortresses) and now I have another 6 cities with this ability. I really cant track down any buildings connected to that. I dont think I built stables in there. For a while it looked like it has something to do with stables, but once I built the same stables like in another city before, there was no generals icon available appearing. And these 2 cities have very same buildings built. Its really hard to find any connection with this "mystery". But I will try.

Anyway guys. The generals dont bother me anymore, since I can recruit them in some more cities now (no clue what makes this possible, but never mind). But what does bother me is this. I get now almost everytime I check family tree CTD. Anyone else experience that?

marcp's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Hello to all,

I was hoping to give it a shot to ask this question here,where the more pc literate folk hangout. I have been having a problem with getting SS/SSHIP/any mods to run with my dedicated gp card. I have laptop i7, 4gb 950mgtx and windows10 OS but only vanilla M2TW Kingdoms will run off the 950m. The i7 runs most of the time well and turn times are very acceptable but with very large battles; especially sieges I get ctd's while loading, during and post battle screen. I know the nvidia chip would handle a 20K army battle no problem if only I could get it to work.

I run M2TW kingdoms from my orig. CDs. I am able to run Kingdoms in compatibility mode of Vista (pack2) as you all probably know about the disc copy write protection thingo' with later versions of windows and M2tw disc editions.

If anyone would like to take a shot, even out of the dark of what I can try I am all ears. I cannot recall if any previous nvidia driver update had it working but I am using the next to latest patch from them. I haven't updated yet as I want to try to get this sorted out if possible before it complicates even more so. As added info Ge Force Experience won't even recognize my kingdoms as a game prog. on my system so not able to optimize from there at all.Also I have M2twK in program files not X86.

I have a Steam version of M2tw but prefer not using Steam as much as possible. If any of you are using Steam install are your modern graphics cards able to work with your Kingdoms mods? If that is the only route I guess I will do that as well.

Thanks in advance.