Page 82 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 6102

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Haha, it wasn't a bug or issue, I was just noting how much higher the squalor seemed to be compared to vanilla SS 6.4. But that may have to do with the higher populations in some cities.

There seems to be a problem with frame rates while using cannons especially when walls are destroyed frame rates really drop which didn't occur with previous versions has anyone else noticed this.

On campaign map and battle units make no sound, they dont talk like they have been muted

Hello everybody,

I am trying to install stainless steel. I have problems with renaming the medieval.exe file, It says that the symbols are not correct and if I will run further, it says that the file could be unusable or crashes???
    When I want to open in steam properties, I dont see this: --features.mod=mods/MODNAME

Now the game even gives a total error to play medieval 2.

Please please help

Do we need to de install the game completely and install it again.

I forgot to say: its windows 10 that I have
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 30, 2017 at 01:38 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AudiO9631 View Post
    On campaign map and battle units make no sound, they dont talk like they have been muted
    Do you have an English version of the game? Do you have followed the instructions about the sounds as per the OP in the Download thread, (Step 3 in the Installation Instructions)?

Quote Originally Posted by lesley1979 View Post
    Hello everybody,

I am trying to install stainless steel. I have problems with renaming the medieval.exe file, It says that the symbols are not correct and if I will run further, it says that the file could be unusable or crashes???
    When I want to open in steam properties, I dont see this: --features.mod=mods/MODNAME

Now the game even gives a total error to play medieval 2.

Please please help

Do we need to de install the game completely and install it again.

I forgot to say: its windows 10 that I have
    If your issue is releating to Stainless Steel, then you should post in the following forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help

If your issue is specific to SSHIP, can you tell me if you run a CD or a Steam version of the game?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 30, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hey guys, I did everything step by step like in the instruction (installing ss 6.3 than 6.4 and then launching sship 0.9.2 - yes, I selected early era and savage AI) but after installation process I can not see any new icon of SSHIP etc. when I start the game from SS 6.4 icon I still have 6.4 version not SSHIP... I tried to install it several times but with the same result... (also tried to reinstall everything from scratch but also it didn't work)
    Am I doing something wrong?

Blog Entries

What version of Windows are you using?

Are you installing the game and mod as Administrator?

Are you using a disk or a Steam version of the game?

Have you run the Stainless Steel setup before or after having installed SSHIP?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

1. I have Windows 7
    2. yes I'm installing mod as Administrator.
    3. have w disk version of the game
    4. I ran SS 6.4 setup before the installation of SSHIP, chose the right options (early era + savage AI, than clicked OK)

Blog Entries

So far, so good.
    Check the path where you have installed the main M2TW game and Stainless Steel. You should get a "mods" folder in which you'll find a "SS6.3" folder (even if upgraded to SS6.4). In that one, you should have a "data" folder.
    Have a look around and see if you don't have another "data" folder hidding around, just to be sure that you haven't made any mistake while setting the installation path for SSHIP.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data <- that's the path, the data folder in SS6.3 folder is only one

Blog Entries

Ok. Try to extract SSHIP in a temporary folder to get the said "data" folder. Once done, merge it with the one located in the SS6.3 folder.

Ok, got it , I just had 2 folders of medieval 2 total war (I don't know why) and in the path was chosen wrong folder.

Blog Entries

Glad you found out

Ternascu's Avatar Laetus

Hi,

I want to modify the character names of my faction. I'm ok with the names of the initial characters if there is some complication to modify them, but I want to modify the random names of the next characters that will appear. I changed the names in the "descr_names.txt" using # after a a special character (e.g A#gnes) and "names.txt" with this format "{A#gnes}Ágnes". but when I start a new campign, all characters loose their names (e.g. : Heir of the faction).

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, despite the fact that I have respected the other lines and formats (Or so I think). Is there another file that I have to modify?

I'll attatch the two files.

Thanks people.

Attachment 343158
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ternascu's Avatar Laetus

Ok, playing a little bit more it seems to work with the characters I create, like diplomats, merchants, and so on. But not with characters that the game creates, like adopted sons.

Blog Entries

This thread is not for modding purpose. For such enquiry, please go to the Medieval II Mod Workshop.

Hi there,

Decided to play SSHIP again, so I reinstalled MTW2 (steam) and installed SS6.4 and SSHIP the way I did before, and I am now getting a CTD when I load up the game.

To load the game up I have changed the launch option for MTW2 to @config SS6.6 blah blah which worked a few months ago.

So I decided to check the system log and I found this:
    23:29:10.736 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:29:10.736 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:29:10.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:29:13.943 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 29, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    23:29:13.943 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

I am assuming I need to completely clean out my system of anything MTW2/SS/SSHIP related and start again but I thought I would post it here to see if there was anything less time consuming to remedy this.

Thanks

So how does the heir thing work, I thought it was supposed to pick up Biological Sons but apparently not?

Faction Leader has 3 sons. Son #1 picks up a few adoptees, and then becomes Heir. Son #1 then dies heroically in battle, and one of his adopted people ends up becoming the next heir, instead of say Son#2...

And the adopted person who became the new heir isn't anything special, he's just a newbie chivalry general sitting in a Large Town, while son #2 has actually gone out and done some stuff.
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 03, 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

@ Tiashi_Ci, looks like you have run the SS setup after to have installed SSHIP. Run the SS setup again, choosing early era and savage AI (plus optional choice depending on your tastes) and install SSHIP on top of it.
    Don't ever run that SS setup again or you will need to re-install SSHIP on top of it.

@ Alavaria, I have no idea to be honest. How old are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Alavaria, I have no idea to be honest. How old are they?

Son 1 is 24 years old.
    Son 2 is 22 years old.
    Adoptee A is 21 years old.

Currently if 1 dies, then A becomes the new heir instead of the faction leader's other two sons 2, 3