Page 8 of 303 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I would like to point out that the "Daylami Light Infantry" for the Abbasid Caliphate is a silver surfer unit.
    I also saw that the starting Great Imam for the Abbasid Caliphate has the "Bishop" title.
    Other than these minor issues I am very pleased with this mod and i will continue to follow it in future releases. Good work!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll check that. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

puddingkip's Avatar Tiro

I have discovered a flaw in the Sultanate of Rum's family
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=299449820

He is claimed to be of Scottish blood, but this is impossible. It's only a few turns into the game, so he can't have possibly been married in, and he can't be a son of a bribed scottish general as there never have been Scots in Anatolia.

And his title says he's the rightful heir, yet he is called a family member, not the heir. I'm not sure if this is a one-time error or if this happens more

Can't seem to get the picture in so you'll have to do with the screenie

Another bug I found is that Niceaea seems to gets flooded every year. 78 turns in I've had at least 15 floods there, this seems a bit much, especially considering I've never had floods anywhere else
    Last edited by puddingkip; August 12, 2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Can't seem to get the picture in

Blog Entries

Yes, that's strange. It shouldn't be "of Scottish blood". I have to check that.

Regarding the flood, I'm not sure that this is due to SSHIP. I've never seen a flood in the same area with that rate. I'll check that too.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

The trait "Hates the Abbasid" in the description it says "Hates Genoa" i know the Abbasid have taken the place of Genoa and the Imman it says Bishop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    The trait "Hates the Abbasid" in the description it says "Hates Genoa" i know the Abbasid have taken the place of Genoa and the Imman it says Bishop.
    I'm pretty sure I have corrected that for the next release but I'll double-check it.

Playing with no addons and no changes to any files. When I siege a city/castle of any size with a garrison smaller then my army, the AI would march an army up to mine for support then sally. Issue is, the sally would not get support from the adjacent army. This led to a small garrison from the city against my larger army which was very unfair and gave me the city. I did this many times since I know some armies are delayed or can't fight at night but that was not the issue. The support army was not in the battle info screen, and this happened every time.

Also, it seems like every general gets "usurper" eventually.

Blog Entries

In your case, is there anything that can stop the reinforcement? Usually, if it doesn't appear on the battle info screen, that means it is too far to reach the battle field.

I have a bug where my Crown Prince of Denmark gave me a mission to marry him with a certain Princess.
    However, when I try to do so, I get the "No potential suitors in this army".

Crown Prince Morten is the son of Ingolf Svendsen, while Princess Torhild Svendsen is the daughter of Magnus Svendsen. Magnus Svendsen and Ingolf Svendsen were brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In your case, is there anything that can stop the reinforcement? Usually, if it doesn't appear on the battle info screen, that means it is too far to reach the battle field.
    Nothing that I can see. The army that is coming for support is usually right behind mine. The only reason for the sally is because of the support. I took almost all of spain as england by besieging their castles, wait for their sally. We're talking a general and 1 unit of spearmen against my 1000 man army. Though they have a 1500 man army next to mine that never joins the fight.

Blog Entries

Is there anybody else encountering that kind of trouble? In all my campaigns, the reinforcement works fine even if sometimes it join the battle very lately.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Remonster6x View Post
    Nothing that I can see. The army that is coming for support is usually right behind mine.
    Well, what comes to mind when I read this is that their army is literally behind yours, putting you between the reinforcing and the sallying armies. This would mean that in an open battle, both armies would join the fight. However, starting the battle from a sally does not encompass that tile, only the settlement one and the ones directly adjacent to it. So maybe the computer is thinking it's pulling their supporting army into the fight but it really isn't?

I'm not sure I was clear on what I meant, I'll be happy to try and clarify if I confused anyone. And in any case, I might be completely off.

Senator

Is there anybody else encountering that kind of trouble? In all my campaigns, the reinforcement works fine even if sometimes it join the battle very lately.
    It's happened to me a couple of times, but I think (not sure, it hasn't happened for a while) it is when the army is next to your army, and not the settlement. As if the AI is deceived into thinking it would draw the friendly army in.

Quote Originally Posted by Koso View Post
    So maybe the computer is thinking it's pulling their supporting army into the fight but it really isn't?
    If this is the case, its still a big problem because the AI should not sally unless they are getting support. Just makes it one sided. I have need it when the army is next to my army and the castle so I don't think this is the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Remonster6x View Post
    If this is the case, its still a big problem because the AI should not sally unless they are getting support. Just makes it one sided. I have need it when the army is next to my army and the castle so I don't think this is the case.
    Can you post a pic from the campaign map to show exactly where the armies (yours and the AI's one) are located before you go for battle?

Can you post a pic from the campaign map to show exactly where the armies (yours and the AI's one) are located before you go for battle?
    I reinstalled the mod and started over. I'll post with a screenshot if it happens again.

Default miles unit fix (animation with shield problems)

can someone be kind to tell me how to fix those ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: miles unit fix (animation with shield problems)

Please use the relevant thread for such question, in that case the "SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help" thread.

is there anyone that fixed dismounted miles(miles pedites) unit? i mean on problem with shield animation. if someone did that, can that person be kind to post that fix.

I'm not sure whether these are bugs or not:

1) The spear militia unit is described as "urban militia with free upkeep in cities" but it is still draining army upkeep from treasury, whether parked in cities or not. Checked not only on the projected amounts, but also on the end of turn report, and experiemented with different factions.

2) Playing as Leon, some odd things happen with the pilgrim traits. Some of my characters acquire "pilgrimage to Rome" trait after a few turns (last time it was the faction heir parked in Burgos), yet noone seems to aquire "pilgramage to Leon" by being in that city.

3) Norwegian starting king has 'wife is danish' trait, but no wife.

4) I'm probably confused, but is the family tree in Aragon accurate to 1132 as starting year? Is the younger brother Alfonso the battler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfonso_the_Battler), and if so, isn't this more the situation some 30-40 years prior? If so, is the Leon princess named Uracca supposed to be the one he married, and does that mean that faction is likewise displaced in time, or is it simply another of the same name? I really know very little of european history, sorry if the above reflects my own confusion.

Thanks for such a wonderful mod! Can't wait for the next patch/version!

Tim