Page 77 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 6093

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Is affirmative Lifth, the white colour or white ''habit or robe'' was reserved only for knights templars(social status superior and true defensors of holy lands) sergeants were a ''military support'' from inferior class, not aristocratis or nobles but they also were templars members, this is from templar rule after Troyes concilium in the papal bule of Omne datum optimun in 1139
    So for knights is reserved the white capes and the rest troops(sergeants) black or sometimes brown colour for their dresses and capethe also worst equipment and weapons
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

templar sergeants were sholdiers that were not fully in oath , usually they had their clothes with a red cross on them . black tunic had the hospitallers. but in game i think templar sergeants play the role of templars armed with spear, so maybe the name is missleading

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    templar sergeants were sholdiers that were not fully in oath , usually they had their clothes with a red cross on them . black tunic had the hospitallers. but in game i think templar sergeants play the role of templars armed with spear, so maybe the name is missleading
    Maybe is missleading, but my information is true, and templars sergeants wear black cape and dress with red templar cross, hospitallers were similar but with owns symbols(white cross) and black habit
    I think also that knights should fight with better weapons as swords and also mounted, and sergeants with spears,crossbows,axes...the book that i am reading describe so good the life and structure of templars
    Also they were very richest in properties and lands so maybe this could be represent in the game..
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Can't be represented that way in game.
    Also, who has written the book? Just curious

As far as I remember, there are mounted and dismounted templar knights (may be with different name, I need to check).
    Also and again, you can't mix weapon types due to the animations (except mace and axe). How many times do I have to explain that?
    Finally, all these weapons are more or less represented in different units due to the game limitations and in order to keep some variety.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifth i dont want mix weapons, only say that templars sergeants SHOULD HAVE ''worst class weapons than knights'' maybe axes, spears, crossbows, maces...and knights with good quality weapons as swords for example...
    The book is write from history channel and collected numerous resources from many books and documents and writers so you can trust me hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifth see this link, show perfectly both type of templar members, knights and sergeants with different clothes and weapons but similar red cross

https://www.google.es/search?q=cabal...3FtGxFJ8HjM%3A
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

brown or generally dark clothes wear the majority of the people those days, tha is why the rular classes choose bright colours. As we allready know, is not a secret, templars wear white, sergeants if we suppose that are not in full oath wear dark with a red cross. But. I dont know if the role of them in the game is to represent templars, even nleaser armed with spears .

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

To report on bugs:
    - pic attached to the news "Traitor to our people" shows a squire being knighted. Not very immersive...
    - also the pic showing possibility of town convertion into a Woodden Castle shows a sturdy stone tower.

BTW what are the probabilites of a noble defecting? I recall from one game it was below 1% for Loyalty 2, 4% for Loyalty 1, 25% for Loyalty 0?
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

If I remember correctly, novices weared grey suits. Once they become Knight Templar, they weared white one. I'm pretty sure that nicossaiz is right about the sergeants, not to mention the crusader knights who weared their own family colors and blasons. But I'm disgressing
    I need to look for more "evidences" the cloak color.
    Regarding their weapons, I'm pretty sure that most of the Templar units used sword (as primary or as secondary weapon). They probably used also spears and crossbows.
    Axe was used mostly by St Lazarus knights and I'll keep it that way for the variety.
    For the mace, I'm not that sure that it was used that often at least during the early era. But again, I need to make researches.

For the others, that will be supposition as there were no more CS after the 2nd half of the 13th century (in the Levant). But we can reasonnably guess that they would have had access to the same weapons and technology as the other European factions if they had survived in there (like we can see later in Cyprus and Malta).

Edit: Just for the record: while trying to get Geomod working, I've noticed that the Nile branch in the middle of the delta doesn't actually exist. There's the Rosetta branch in West, the Damietta branch in East and finally the al-Farama branch further East (and which is dry nowadays). I'm surprised that nobody has spotted it before
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 15, 2016 at 03:18 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Guys, just a question...SSHIP has deliberately slowed down all units, am I right? Being used to the old Stainless Steel and the Third Age branch of mods, I was really bewildered by the snail-pace of most units. I thought it was relegated only to heavy cavalry, but playing as Cuman horse archers and seeing them move in slow-motion all the time changed my judgement. Completely new to this mod, but I am guessing this was done to hype up strategic judgement and timing or what not? So, how does one get all of them to move at normal MTW2 speeds? It's either that or my installation is bugged.

Hi Poploop,
    it's about strategic map or battle map?
    As I compare the motion on strategic map there's little difference with SS6.4 and it's mods like BrokenCrescent etc. So I'd rather think something's wrong with your computer or installation.
    On the battle map - I don't know, but I'd rather think they're very fast!
    Besides - even if you play Cumans you may benefit from my minimods - see below. If you' d play other facitions, especially Central European, then I think you'd benefit even more
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Icon4 campaign_script error : hre emerging

Hi.
    Between 1-5 turn I've got in my system.log.txt :
    22:01:43.451 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <faction_emerge>, at line 33103, in mods/SSHIP-T/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Character with label unused_label1 could not be created, label alreay exists!
    The relevant piece of code is here: line 33103 marked :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

if I_FactionLeaderTrait hre Usurper >= 3
    and I_EventCounter civil_war_hre_going_on = 0

set_event_counter civil_war_hre_going_on 1
    historic_event civil_war_hre
    increment_kings_purse hre -1000

if I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 2
    faction_emerge slave hre 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true

if I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 5
    faction_emerge slave hre 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true

if I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 8
    faction_emerge slave hre 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30

if I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 11
    faction_emerge slave hre 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30 ;<===== LINE 33103

if I_NumberOfSettlements hre > 14
    faction_emerge slave hre 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if

end_if

It's some rare bug, I see it for the first time. Possibly some triggers based on percentage fired.
    Game was 'stable', no ctd, no "ERROR" text left to map.

BTW -> in SSHIP error log there's ALWAYS two error entries being written on the "zero" or first turn :

22:13:33.643 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-T/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1156, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    22:13:33.751 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-T/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10490, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    22:13:47.222 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.

regards, TM.

The textures of weapons(secundary and principal) of lithuanian unit of noble sons cavalry are bad or bugged
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

I'll check it. Thanks for poinitng this out

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Fyrd Spearmen - English can create them in all castles in every region (till full plate armor or similar).

garrison_quarters castle
    {
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { england, }
    next quarters levels ...
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { england, } and not event_counter new_era_begins 1
    recruit_pool "Fyrd Spearmen" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { england, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    .... etc

I think this unit should be restricted to British Isles / Normany etc , maybe Saxony (?).
    Something like this comes from unit description : " .... a remnant from Anglo-Saxon days ... "

Blog Entries

I'm not even sure that they were still existing in 1132 AD actually

The last time that i saw fyrd militia in a history document was in 1102 with Robert II of Normandy...so maybe in 1132 dont exist them,is possible...
    Other thing if you ''eliminate'' units in sship you can recycle the models for other units and replace ancient vainilla models
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Yes, I would. For levy spearmen may be

My opinion is: the sources are biased and they tend to ignore lower-classes issues. Eg. in the sources there's very little about archers in Poland, but the instances of crossbows are mentioned. The historians I've read usually assumed that archers existed but didn't get into the sources while being in the phasing out process. So I'd rather leave fyrd existing for another century.
    But it's just an opinion, not a very strong one.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Serbia (teutonic_order) can produce Spear Militia , and can't produce EE Spear Militia (Eastern Spear Militia).
    Is it correct ? Or Serbia should be more eastern based ?