Page 76 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283848586101126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Does any one have problem playing the game with win 10? I cant start or play the game normally since I upgraded. Sometimes I can start and play the game, but there is no way to log in back again since I quit it.

I have used many ways like Run as Admin, turn of UAC, Run in Compatible, re-install clean Medieval II, SS63; 64... Nothing works. Any help will be appreciated , please!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

May be a silly question but have you updated your drivers as well?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Any ideas about my issue? Or should I just start again and hope it doesn't recur

Blog Entries

I think you should because I have no idea what causes it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    Does any one have problem playing the game with win 10? I cant start or play the game normally since I upgraded. Sometimes I can start and play the game, but there is no way to log in back again since I quit it.

I have used many ways like Run as Admin, turn of UAC, Run in Compatible, re-install clean Medieval II, SS63; 64... Nothing works. Any help will be appreciated , please!
    Check Europa Barbaroum II release thread, they've section about mandatory post-install steps on Windows 10. Meybe it will help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2b-is-released!

Copied :

[Windows 10] Additional mandatory post installation instructions

1. Download this and install.

2. Follow step two of the instructions in the link here.

i have found some bugs in spanish campaign...javelinment and lusitanian javelinment dont have second weapon(for example a sword or axe) the weaponis invisible in battle map

other bug is that the tittle of the city of valladolid is dissapear or not founded, about iberian titles i try improve this and support Jurand of Krakow with his minimod for improve sship
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Foederatus

minhnd6789 - I've been running Med II with SSHIP for over a year with no issues at all on Windows 10 with no special permissions, compatibility or disabling anything. Base game installed via steam, then I renamed the 'Americas' mod to Americas.old and renamed SSHIP to Americas. Launch game via steam and select Americas campaign. no issues at all. Another alternative is to use Europa Barbaroum II as they have a really good launcher that works. I use it to select between either mod. Steam still needed in background but you don;t have to launch from there. This also saves the rename folders bit above. Downside is EBII is several GB to download so unless you intend to play it its a waste.

One last point is you have upgraded to windows 10, certainly early on there were cases where it upgraded reported no errors but still wasn't right. Try right clicking on the start menu and select Command Prompt (admin) then on the dos prompt run SFC /Scannow and let it do its thing. Generally it should find nothing but occasionally after upgrades this fixes odd issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    Check Europa Barbaroum II release thread, they've section about mandatory post-install steps on Windows 10. Meybe it will help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2b-is-released!

Copied :

[Windows 10] Additional mandatory post installation instructions

1. Download this and install.

2. Follow step two of the instructions in the link here.
    Well, I have done as instructions but the problem isnt solved. anw, thank for your help.

@ Lifthrasir : I think I got the latest Drivers, bro. Recently, I have installed a program called NVIDIA Geforce Experience. It automatically upgrades the drivers for me, I guess.

I can't recruit hospitaller knights anymore! i'm playing with Sicily, early era. I am around turn 70 and i'vejust noticed this weird thing. i have some units of hospitaller foot knights and hospitaller knights, i have the buildings to recruit them... but then all of a sudden i can't recruit them no more. is this a bug or what?

Blog Entries

Their recruitment is tied to your reputation. If your reputation becomes too bad, then you can't recruit them anymore.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't think this is a good idea.

Blog Entries

The main problem with knight orders is how to represent them in game with accuracy. For instance, it doesn't make sens that any catholic factions can recruit them and use them for any kind of war.
    For instance, Knights of Montesa were used for Reconquista. TO knights for Baltic Crusades and in the Levant (in a lesser manner). Same remark for Hospitallers or Templars.
    So basically and as far as I know, none of them joined a Catholic faction war like Fance vs England for instance.

Is reputation altered in any way in this mod? If so, how do I revert the changes - don't remember my reputation dropping so fast even when I'm releasing, occupying etc

Blog Entries

The more powerful you become, the more the other factions become suspicious and even might hate you.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

One problem I have is AI factions refusing to surrender even though they are losing the war. For example, the Hungarians entire army was utterly destroyed, their king was killed, and their capital was exterminated by my forces. Nearly all their territory was conquered. Yet they still refuse peace. This is annoying and forces me to conquer them utterly, when I didn't really want to fight them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Their recruitment is tied to your reputation. If your reputation becomes too bad, then you can't recruit them anymore.
    many thanks, I had untrusworthy reputation

hey, I am not sure if this has been reported on yet or if I should have posted it right in the v0.9.2 thread, but the 2nd Soundfix download by MWY leads to a page that is just filled with malware. I was hearing advertisements coming from my computer, even when I had no programs open, the time it took to load anything was roughly doubled or tripled, and I occasionally saw black boxes filled with letters as if some windows program were being tampered with for a split second, and they would disappear. I had to spend two days cleaning my laptop. I don't know if this is recent, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it on here, so there it is I suppose. I thought i'd post the exact link here for convenience and clarity's sake.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...cents.txt.html

Blog Entries

Looks like there's something wrong with it. It says that the size is 0 Mb. I've removed the link until we figure it out. Thanks for pointing this problem.

Btw, welcome to these forums
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 13, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

I think that for templar crossbowmen and templar squires (kavipannu models)should have black capes with red cross, only knights templars had white capes
    And only templars sergeants had black capes, this was a distintion for social status and privileges( i am reading a interesant and historical book called templars)
    No is a bug but yes is a historical error in the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Not sure to get it right: only templar knights should be fully in white. all other templar units should have a black cloak. Is that right?