Page 74 of 305 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576777879808182838499124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

I installed stainless steel 6.4 , i didnt run it before installing sship (not sure if i had to), it worked perfectly. I made sure i had savage ai and permanent arrows enabled. Then i installed sship by installing it into ss6.4 folder in total war mods. I changed the folder to my americas folder by renaming it otherwise it wouldnt start but there is no sign of sship it still says stainless steel 6.4. I am using steam please help me!

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I got this error:

13:51:25.708 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/High_Era_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1425, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    13:51:25.727 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/High_Era_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4018, column 1
    The character record Mongke Khan is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    13:51:25.786 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/High_Era_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 11089, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    13:58:46.881 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Bit of an odd one, I installed the mod and submod as per the instructions but when I play the game it just loads standard SS 6.4, not SSHIP

I'm not too fussed with this as SS si still fun and I'm enjoying it all the same, but was just wondering if anyone might know what caused this/if it can be reinstalled without causing any issues to see if that would work? Thanks!

I'm playing through Steam, for reference; I did the method of changing the "Crusades" folder to "Crusades2" and then naming the SS 6.3 folder Crusades so I just select crusades in the Steam launch menu.

Default Submod does not load

Hello there i have been trying to install the submod sship but i cant get it to work. I reinstalled the game (to make sure it was clean) then i reinstalled stainless steel with permanent arrows etc. And i installed the sship mod but when I open stainless steel the submod is nowhere to be seen. I use the steam version and made a new kingdoms.exe

Please help me!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ the Steam users, unfortunately, I don't use Steam and so, I'm not able to help you. However, I'm not sure that this is the right way to use SSHIP. Have you checked this thread?

@ Miikli, have you implemented your config file as per this thread (last option is the best)? If not, I recommend to do it and to repost your log. Note that it will be much longer. You will need to zip it and to post it as an attachement
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

You can just use the stainless steel launcher if you go to medieval 2 and then you copy the medieval2.exe paste it in the same folder and rename it to kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ the Steam users, unfortunately, I don't use Steam and so, I'm not able to help you. However, I'm not sure that this is the right way to use SSHIP. Have you checked this thread?

@ Miikli, have you implemented your config file as per this thread (last option is the best)? If not, I recommend to do it and to repost your log. Note that it will be much longer. You will need to zip it and to post it as an attachement
    And did I do anything wrong, might i have forget anything if it was the normal version? What are things people tend to forget with installing sship?
    Thanks alot for replying!

Blog Entries

Usually, people forget to run the SS setup before installing SSHIP or run it after to have installed SSHIP.

That would be great if anybody could make a guide on how to install SSHIP with Steam. I'll give him credit and rep
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I ran the SS setup before installing SSHIP so don't think that would be the issue - maybe the "folder rename" technique causes something to get ignored that would normally have the submod run normally? I might have a look into seeing if the linked thread you provided has a better method.

In any case, I have to admit that I did go into the SS setup after finding that SSHIP wasn't working as I like to play with permanent watchtowers, so figured I'd enable it for my SS campaign. I think I read that doing that effectively uninstalls SSHIP, is that the case? If so I can essentially start from scratch, just want to make sure that I don't try getting the submod to work with a "wonky" folder, so to speak.

Blog Entries

If you run the SS setup after SSHIP is installed, some files will be replaced. So, yes, basically, you will play SS and not SSHIP. In theory, re-installing SSHIP should do the trick.
    Note that the permanent watchtowers won't work with SSHIP

Yeah, I searched the forums to check that first which I found a shame, as I like being a scrub who can constantly see everything vs having to maintain towers against rebels and the like. It was only when I realised SSHIP wasn't working that I opted to go for it.

However, I can confirm that I've now got SSHIP working! I followed the advice in that thread you linked and it worked perfectly. I should probably note, however, that I have still got my "SS 6.3" folder actually named "Crusades," so I don't know if that has any effect. But in any case, having created a "false" Kingdoms.exe in the main Med2 folder, and now launching the mod using the SS Launcher as opposed to just going into Steam and selecting "Crusades," SSHIP works.

With that said, and hopefully this isn't off topic, but is the high/late era campaign working? I only ask because, as much as I want to bring the Roman Empire back together, I noted that the ownership of land in-game doesn't match what the faction selection screen shows it as being, ie it has the Byzantine Empire as being the early campaign starting position when you select the faction and view it on the map. I'm guessing this is just a cosmetic issue and that the late campaign is playable, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

PS - again, realise it's slightly off-topic for the thread but just one final thing, what's the recommended difficulty level for this? Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Aenima; October 18, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Blog Entries

The high/late era is still beta in v0.9.2.

Recommended level of difficulty: vh/vh or h/h

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The high/late era is still beta in v0.9.2.

Recommended level of difficulty: vh/vh or h/h
    Thanks! In that case I'll go back to an early era campaign and feel less like a noob for almost getting wiped by Sultante of Rum early on

NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE ---> does anyone have problem with this program when playing the game? since I update the new version, I cannot play the game any more.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Mutatawwi'a spearmen are broken (please fix it)

The Mutatawwi'a spearmen unit which can be recruited from Muslim factions such as the Moors is broken and doesn't work. This unit costs over 3000 florins and is therefore one of the most expensive infantry units available; a quick look at the stats reveals that they have 4 attack and 16 defence. Yet in battle, they perform absolutely shockingly badly, losing huge numbers of men while hardly killing a single enemy soldier. I have found they perform much worse than Arab spearmen, despite the fact that Arab spearmen have 3 attack and 14 defence.

For example, in a recent battle against a unit of French spearmen, the Mutatawwi'a lost about 135 men out of 150, while inflicting only about 20 to 30 casualties on the enemy. This is strange, because my army vastly outnumbered the enemy, and a nearby unit of Arab infantry fighting against the exact same type of unit only suffered a handful of casualties and won the battle easily.

Something is clearly not working correctly here - can you please take a look at this? Thanks

Blog Entries

I've merged your thread with this one as it is a more appropriate location.

Regarding your "issue", I'll have a look at it.

It's not really a bug. When a governor is in Ancona, he gains the title of "Duke of Spalato". Spalato overlooks the Adriatic Sea, but is not in Italy! It's in Croatia (also known as Split)

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Mutatawwi'a spearmen are broken (please fix it)

and some byzantine units have the same problem, maybe is something to do with the animations that ae attached?

Blog Entries

@ kaiser29, thanks for pointing this out. I'll check it.

@ nikossaiz, are you referring to the bigdaddy1204's post? Which units are concerned? Thanks in advance.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser29 View Post
    It's not really a bug. When a governor is in Ancona, he gains the title of "Duke of Spalato". Spalato overlooks the Adriatic Sea, but is not in Italy! It's in Croatia (also known as Split)
    Have a look at my submod fixing the provincial titles: PFT. If you would find it convincing, would like to expand it to the Italian provinces and would be ready to make an analysis of the relevant files in the way I did for Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and Ruthenia, we may join forces.