Page 50 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    So basically, we just need to replace the miles units at the start by another equivalent unit.
    ok so replace for jerusalem knights maybe...and about my previous post about change sergeants crusades model is correct? and a question...when appear templars knights(the horsemen) i see foot templars,squires templars and templars sergeants but no knights templars..at early campaign
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by aaronishappy View Post
    I did a clean install and I've had 2 since, though they seem to be wholly random. I played 20 turns before getting a CTD, then another after I had launched the game and was about to Continue Campaign. I don't really mind that much, it's not like it takes that long to re-boot it again and they seem pretty infrequent... But still, it would be nice to finish every not hoping it's gonna be my last Like I said this happened with vanilla SS before I updated my graphics driver and it went away completely, so could it be somehow related to that? I don't know. In any case I'll post the system.log if it happens again.
    So I got to about turn 50 in that campaign before I had to delete it with no CTDs. Then I tried some other random factions, I'd say about 20 turns in total, with no CTDs. I'm playing as Scotland now and I'm on turn 8 and I keep getting CTDs on the turn end. This is the log.

22:46:55.352 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:46:55.354 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    22:46:55.370 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:46:55.372 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:46:55.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:46:55.378 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:46:55.380 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:46:55.381 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:48:10.433 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    23:04:01.321 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

When I played vanilla SS this was the same information that appeared in the log. Any ideas?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

It doesn't say anything useful. You need to implement your config file as explained in the thread linked in the 1st post of this thread in order to have a more detailed log.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

My apologies. I will do that, then. But an even worse problem has arisen. I've been getting blue screens of death (Windows 10). I've had 4 now, and it only happens when I play this... the message it gives me is "thread stuck in driver device", before restarting. I Googled it and almost everyone said it was due to a BIOS, so I updated my BIOS but it happened again. I didn't ask here before because I wasn't sure what it was related to but now that this is the 4th time it's happened, exclusively playing this game, it's probably worthwhile giving a heads up!?

I guess i have found a bug, in early campaign, near to castle of Ras you can recruit as mercenaries prussian spearmen...prussian in Ras?they should be near to Riga or Twangste no?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

The trait "dislikes/hates the Abbassids" says that the bearer hates the Genoans when you hover over it, and "Dislikes Muslims" refers to them as slaves. IIRC Slaves is for rebels, am I right?

Also, no idea if it's a bug, but the Symbasileus model for the Byzzies carries a sword of pure blackness. There's no colour or texture on that thing at all. Epic as it is, I suspect it isn't intentional.

Early era, short install, fully hotfixed.

Blog Entries

My apologies. I will do that, then. But an even worse problem has arisen. I've been getting blue screens of death (Windows 10). I've had 4 now, and it only happens when I play this... the message it gives me is "thread stuck in driver device", before restarting. I Googled it and almost everyone said it was due to a BIOS, so I updated my BIOS but it happened again. I didn't ask here before because I wasn't sure what it was related to but now that this is the 4th time it's happened, exclusively playing this game, it's probably worthwhile giving a heads up!?
    I don't think this is due to gthe game but rather to your equipment. I used to play with a very old laptop. Despite the limited graphic capabilities, it was working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna
    I guess i have found a bug, in early campaign, near to castle of Ras you can recruit as mercenaries prussian spearmen...prussian in Ras?they should be near to Riga or Twangste no?
    That's not a bug. Basically, Serbia is replacing TO. That's just some remaining entries that have not been corrected yet. Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight
    The trait "dislikes/hates the Abbassids" says that the bearer hates the Genoans when you hover over it, and "Dislikes Muslims" refers to them as slaves. IIRC Slaves is for rebels, am I right?

Also, no idea if it's a bug, but the Symbasileus model for the Byzzies carries a sword of pure blackness. There's no colour or texture on that thing at all. Epic as it is, I suspect it isn't intentional.

Early era, short install, fully hotfixed.
    About the traits, same reason (but different factions) as above. I'll check that and the missing texture. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Don't bother with the Byz strat model, MWY implemented new ones

Blog Entries

That's true. How could I forget that?

Not sure if you already know about this, the Hungarians have English accent both in battle and campaign map. Hungarians should have their own accent since they are already in vanilla, right?

Also, is it intentional that dismounted Banderium Knights are superior than any other sword-and-shield infantry? (According to the Custom Battles rosters)

Temporarily attacking with Lithuania rebels on Visby. I notice that rebel units of Landevearnmann dont have texture, they are silver.

i notify that units nativkachari(difficult name hehe) and tartars lancers have the same model battle...and also units as prussian auxiliaries and prussian axemen(mercenaries) have teutonic shields(the black cross of the order)
    also the bard of santiago horses don´t have the aproppiate bard(i guess that is a english barded, not a santiago order)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

All accents should be fine in the nex release. I've corrected them (hopefully all of them).

It doesn't say anything useful. You need to implement your config file as explained in the thread linked in the 1st post of this thread in order to have a more detailed log.
    19:03:55.351 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/085.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.353 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/085.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.354 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/031.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.355 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/031.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/031.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/031.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/059.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/059.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.358 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/059.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:55.359 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/059.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    19:03:56.387 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It goes beyond that, but the error is the same, albeit with the different portraits (rogues, etc)

Blog Entries

These are not crucial. They won't cause any CTD as far as I know as it is specified that it uses the default one.

What am I do then? I've been plagued by constant CTDs the past few hours of gameplay.

hey I am having an issue with the skybox, the textures are not loading and its just blackness in the background mountains and what naught, which is incredibly noticeable :-/ any fix for this
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Blog Entries

What am I do then? I've been plagued by constant CTDs the past few hours of gameplay.
    Re-install the game and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by FOR GONDOR
    hey I am having an issue with the skybox, the textures are not loading and its just blackness in the background mountains and what naught, which is incredibly noticeable :-/ any fix for this
    Noted. Is there anybody else having that issue as well?

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Re-install the game and see how it works.

Noted. Is there anybody else having that issue as well?
    In some battles, yes. Sometimes it's the sky, sometimes the ground. either a black sky but a perfectly illuminated ground as if by the sun, or sometimes a black ground, usually away from the centre of the battlefield. This is usually beyond the boundaries of the battlefield but sometimes encroaches on it. In the case of the sky, I used to get that a lot with vanilla SS as well and I seem to remember reading it's a known bug without a fix.