Edit your "default.cfg" to:
    [log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* error
    ;level=* trace
    and run the save game, then we can see more datailed errors
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
    - Benjamin Franclin (1706-1790)
    "The best fortress which a prince can possess is the affection of his people."
    -
    Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."
    -Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935)

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi,

I will try start playing with other Faction,

Yes in UK, as its always easier and enjoyable for any Faction to initially take Dublin and start growing from there (as British (Faction AI needs improvement) is most of the time invading EU and Scottish's are fighting with British)..

I did not like the idea of having 1 Settlement (Dublin) in Ireland when SS 6.4 vanilla have 2 settlements.

What about Elephants recruitment?, i am never able to recruit one with SSHIP

I am a big fan of Total War Series, waiting for your mod next release. Any hint about new features and release date?

Next release will have early game elephants. But only available in persia for now.

It's not easy to improve the british AI. Believe me I have tried. I'd even say it's almost impossible (without creating a personalized british AI).

We're working hard on the new release. Right now, it already contains around 15 new units and several other features. But there's still alot of work to do.

Hi, in hope to play sship I started downloading SS. But I have a problem installing SS 6.3. during the last phase of the instalation (creating shortcuts) i get an error:

IPersistFile::Save failed, code 0x8007005.
    Accecs denied

I think its only related to creating the shortcut, but im not sure. Any advice is appreciated.

Kind regards Morten

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If your problem happened during SS installation, please refer to the SS Bug report thread.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi, I downloaded the full install and merged the folder with the data folder in ss6.3 dir. I also deleted the soundfiles, but when i start game, it still says stainless steel 6.4
    What am I doing wrong?

I think I made it work now, I just pasted the files in, instead of merging folders, and it seems to work.
    A quick question though, in the options screen it says: 8.0 version 1.4.
    Is that what it should say?
    Kind regards and thx for a great mod
    Morten

Not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but none of my units are receiving their urban militia bonus? It's been a few months since my last playthrough, but nothing in changes I've read indicates this was altered.

Quote Originally Posted by strategiry View Post
    Not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but none of my units are receiving their urban militia bonus? It's been a few months since my last playthrough, but nothing in changes I've read indicates this was altered.
    Do you mean free upkeep? That is the only militia bonus I am aware of. Basically we decided it was too much of an advantage for players to accumulate and stack units in garrisons that the AI can't match. Now you'll find yourself often tempted to leave just 1-2 units in garrison like the AI does to maximize economy as well the occupation of a new conquest city actually has some real costs keeping a full army as garrison to ensure no revolts instead of having -1/3 or more of the army get free upkeep. Should require more planning and a bigger treasury before going to war and the pace of conquest is more realistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mortenstef View Post
    I think I made it work now, I just pasted the files in, instead of merging folders, and it seems to work.
    A quick question though, in the options screen it says: 8.0 version 1.4.
    Is that what it should say?
    Kind regards and thx for a great mod
    Morten
    Not sure we're talking about the same screen but it should only said "SSHIP v0.8". Nothing else.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Something I was wondering about the cuman accent, I don't know if this has been mentioned before. But why does the cumans have islamic accent when they should have the mongolian accent? Is it something that cannot be fixed? It's quite immersionbreaking when they keep yelling ''sultan'' all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    Something I was wondering about the cuman accent, I don't know if this has been mentioned before. But why does the cumans have islamic accent when they should have the mongolian accent? Is it something that cannot be fixed? It's quite immersionbreaking when they keep yelling ''sultan'' all the time..
    I think the "middle-eastern accent" is a substitution. As far as I know, the in-game "mongolian accent" has far less or nearly no voices. It means that when you choose any unit or general on the campaign map, they will only keep silent...

By the way, I would like to ask that is the team going to redo or replace the unit cards? I found some of them do not match the actual models on battlefield.

Blog Entries

Yes, we know the problem. It's planned to fix at least some of them in the next release.

All my Lithuanian priests have the trait "Versed in Pagan Doctrine".
    One would think that would be a good thing for a Pagan priest, but the trait gives -1 Piety.

Blog Entries

I'll check that and see what I can do.

Hello, I am attempting to install this excellent looking submod and I just can't seem to get it right. When I downloaded the SSHIP 0.8.2 full install and extracted it to my SS 6.3 data folder and I run the game, it just brings up normal stainless steel. I cannot tell what im doing wrong pls help
    Last edited by Son of Mars; July 11, 2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    Hello, I am attempting to install this excellent looking submod and I just can't seem to get it right. When I downloaded the SSHIP 0.8.2 full install and extracted it to my SS 6.3 data folder and I run the game, it just brings up normal stainless steel. I cannot tell what im doing wrong pls help
    You can't extract directly into the SS 6.3 data folder. If you create a different folder to extract into then copy and paste into the 6.3 data folder it should work.

Hi, Im playing an catholic faction and miraculously and pleasantly my faction leader received the 'Muslim' trait (it was so cool first time seeing something different for a long time), and it the problems came, after than all my generals received 'leader's faith is different', and -5 loyalty, at first i thought that was ok because it all made sense, but then i found the bug that even my other 'muslim' generals, both faction leaders sons and Muslim generals stolen with princess also receives 'leader's faith is different'
    could someone please patch this up.

many thanks

and please do keep those interesting traits coming and keep up the good work!!!
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

got a little problem here

something weird is floating above the crossbowmen with the new texture

Blog Entries

@ umbracatervae777, that's related to the animation issue. These units were originally made for DLV but that mod uses some other animations. I've planned to have a look a that but it might take a while.

@ youngfool, did your FL married a Muslim princess? If yes, it can explain why this strange trait appears. If not, it might be an issue due to that "old" feature.