Page 46 of 305 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455567196146 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I've got short ladders too, and I now definitely have both hotfixes installed. Early era. I've also lost my year and season again in my new Hungary campaign; I have them for a few turns at the start of a new campaign, then the contents of the box just vanish. It's not game-breaking, it's just bizarre.

And thanks Jurcek for the tip.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Ok guys, thanks for clarifying this. I'll check again.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I haven't seen any short ladders or siege towers yet, but I have a graphical problem regarding siege towers - sometimes in battles with them I get a huge glitch which blocks out my entire screen.

Also on H/VH as France just had an English army consisting just of two units besiege a town of mine which had 4 units in it. War with them was pretty much inevitable, sure, but why did they have to besiege it with an army that is literally weaker than the garrison? That seems like a bug to me.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    I haven't seen any short ladders or siege towers yet, but I have a graphical problem regarding siege towers - sometimes in battles with them I get a huge glitch which blocks out my entire screen.

Also on H/VH as France just had an English army consisting just of two units besiege a town of mine which had 4 units in it. War with them was pretty much inevitable, sure, but why did they have to besiege it with an army that is literally weaker than the garrison? That seems like a bug to me.
    True, and it's not just on battles with siege towers, but almost any kind of siege battle involving castle structures. You can actually "escape" from the huge black thing, but the battle gets unplayable after a while. I've also noticed the issue regarding besieging armies in the campaign, but i don't really know if it's a bug or typical bad AI.

-Also, theres something that bothers me regarding Kings. If i remember correctly, the King has a unique strat/battlemap model, which is different from generals and nobles...but for some reason, you can only see this unique 3D Model on the strat map. When you go into a battle, the King looks exactly the same as a family member...

Oh, and both King and family members wear full plate armour, which is inaccurate for the submod's timeline. I think someone has already pointed this out here, so i would like to know if it's a bug or not...

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

####
    All my battles (95%) in winter season in northern Spain or southern France were in snow storm with very limited visibility.
    I consider it is a bug. Where can I switch off this effect ?
    It would be a feature if it will be randomly, let's say 30% for snow storm.

####
    In almost every (won) battle I'm able to kill enemy general.
    It's not because I'm tactical genius, but AI heavily uses general bodyguard unit for charges.
    Sometimes for initial charge on spearmens (when AI is sallying me from the siege)

####
    I haven't seen any short ladders or siege towers yet - aragon vs moors battles.

I really don't know why this is but I cannot see my family tree anywhere. The option to click on it to see it is gone. Only shows the options to see faction scroll, cardinals and diplomacy.

I have the Steam version of Medieval 2 Total War, installed both Stainless Steel and this once correctly.

Please help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	806.5 KB 
ID:	334641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	710.4 KB 
ID:	334642

i guess that i have found a bug in early campaign all patches...there is a general selyuk with 201 men, that are anhdat militia...should they be bodyguard cavalry no?

And also in the current sship can´t recruit khorezmian noblemen in fortress, why? and when can recruit royal guard? i guess that they should recruit more heavy cavalry,they are mixed persian,selyuks and sasanids..
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

early campaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pronoiarii cavalry wields maces but they dont have ap ability in EDB. Iqta'dar uses swords and have ap ability.Is this intentional?

@Butajuk: That looks like a married ME bodyguard to me. Normal pisan bodyguards definitely work. Should hopefully be easy to fix.

@commanderis: Probably not. Thanks for the report!

@Jaluna: You can recruit royal guard after the cannons event. Kwarezmian Noblemen are recruitable via mercenary barracks after the mongol invasion warning.

@tmodelsk: It's actually a really small percentage change that you get a snow storm. Seems like bad luck. Otherwise, we can't do anything about the battle AI sadly.

THE TRAIT of city of kernavé and castle of goroden are missing, early campaign playing as lithuanian
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

*Playing on early campaign as Scotland. The game crashes to desktop between turns 74-75, right when a rebel muslim army takes the city of Damascus (Dimashq Ash-Sham) from the remnants of a Crusade.

*I also get random CTD's during battles, and sometimes on the campaign map (both Early and High periods).

*The scottish capital (Edinburgh/Dun Eideann) doesn't have a proper reinforcement system. Instead of getting into the battlefield, the reinforcing armies get stuck on a huge cliff. You can't even see them on the screen.
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; February 08, 2016 at 12:21 PM.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Small churches-chapels & monasteries can be constructed from town/castle level 2 (town) - in my opinion it's a bug pr rather wrong conception.

As I know this is historically inaccurate.
    All depended on ruller / cash founder / noble .
    Especially this applies to monasteries. First monasteries (almost all) and later (many) where founded in the wilderness / small villages 'at the end of the world'.
    Monks were seeking such places where it's no one & peace & quiet.

I also thing religion conversion bonus (religion_level bonus) should be bigger that 0.5 % for this structures.
    Having small church in a village/town or not having at all - it's a big big difference that having small church or normal church.
    Small churches & monasteries where very very important structures in the process of Christianization of Europe.

Also : monasteries should have some bonus to economy / food production / maybe trade (?) as it was in reality.

much cavalry units don´t have the attribut effective against armour and they have maces as pronoia,heavy boyars,rus and nogvorod bodyguards...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

England is really fun to play as. Once you eliminate Scotland, you can sit on your islands and raid Europe at your leisure.

And if you plan ahead, you can already have a healthy foothold on the continent. Just wish I wasn't such good friends with the French already. Having said that, Aragon is just ridiculous in their attempts to take Bordeaux. I ended up letting them have it, and immediately gave the Pope a few thousand to call a crusade on their asses.

Took Barcelona from them, razed every structure except the church, and gave it to the French. France ended up taking Bordeax in the ensuing chaos as well.

Also, love what you guys did with the yeoman archers. No more Longbowmen then I'm assuming though? And did y'all get the archer animation from Broken Crescent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

When I stormed Utrecht.

And even when I started to attack Loven (rebels), then I was told at the beginning that our infiltrator opened the gate . Although I have not sent any spy . Prior to that, the city tried to capture the French.
    Last edited by BuTAJIuK; February 09, 2016 at 07:59 AM.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I noticed a few strange things in my late era ERE campaign. Constantinople and Corinth rebelled within a few turns, which isn't surprising considering all the unrest and distance to capital penalties, but what was strange was that Konya and Attaleia rebelled. Also none of my priests gets promoted to bishops, but I have 2 patriarchs.

Icon5 "Pointy" unit models on medium

Hello I want to see if it's possible to not have pointy limbs on some of Sandy's units (which are absolutely amazing) if I set my unit settings on medium. It's mainly only the spearmen and the levy archers for western factions and it kind of irks me a bit.
    Is there anything that can be done without setting the unit quality up to high perhaps?

Amph's Avatar Foederatus

Getting this campaign map CTD at end of rebel turn/beginning of player turn:

23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7180 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7184 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7191 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <New_Faction_Leader_trigger> fired
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_NewLeader> fired
    23:46:15.614 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 41837 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.618 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'ME Cavalry Militia'.
    23:46:15.618 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Amph View Post
    Getting this campaign map CTD at end of rebel turn/beginning of player turn:

23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7180 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7184 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 7191 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <New_Faction_Leader_trigger> fired
    23:46:15.613 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_NewLeader> fired
    23:46:15.614 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 41837 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    23:46:15.618 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'ME Cavalry Militia'.
    23:46:15.618 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    The second hotfix fixed this