Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand in my Rus campaign, when I conquer Cuman cities like Saqsin or Kiri Saray, the levels of barracks in large town do not produce any type of military unit, not even the basic eastern spear militia, so it is almost impossible to keep the Cuman towns under control since You cannot produce any military units, is this intentional or a bug?

-Another curious case is that a foreign Aragonese princess tried to seduce my general but she failed in the attempt and the text image appeared in which that princess was added to my family, but looking at the family tree my general had conquered her. He doesn't appear married to anyone, he's still single... could it be a bug?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Jurand in my Rus campaign, when I conquer Cuman cities like Saqsin or Kiri Saray, the levels of barracks in large town do not produce any type of military unit, not even the basic eastern spear militia, so it is almost impossible to keep the Cuman towns under control since You cannot produce any military units, is this intentional or a bug?

-Another curious case is that a foreign Aragonese princess tried to seduce my general but she failed in the attempt and the text image appeared in which that princess was added to my family, but looking at the family tree my general had conquered her. He doesn't appear married to anyone, he's still single... could it be a bug?
    I don't remember, but it doesn't stray much from reality as the steppes were started to be conquered by Rus only in 16c ...

the princess - the text seems to be wrong indeed.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I don't remember, but it doesn't stray much from reality as the steppes were started to be conquered by Rus only in 16c ...
    I hope you're joking @Jurand! Why were we playing this game if we couldn't rewrite history? Our game does not go beyond the 16th century. Even if we have to make conquering the steppes difficult, it doesn't have to be impossible!

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

i don't know if it's a bug but one of my family members has the disloyal trait but his loyalty is maxed out haha kinda weird. nothing major though.

Also is it still recommended for windows 11 users to run med 2 on windows 7 compatibility to play this mod? or is this not needed anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    i don't know if it's a bug but one of my family members has the disloyal trait but his loyalty is maxed out haha kinda weird. nothing major though.

Also is it still recommended for windows 11 users to run med 2 on windows 7 compatibility to play this mod? or is this not needed anymore?
    think of it as his natural tendencies. by nature he's disloyal, but he's super loyal to the current regime because they honor him, its his family, he's a celebrated hero etc. but in another worse life he would betray his master for gold

I dont know if this is a bug, or a mistake, but when I was checking the triggers for a general to get the byzantine relics I noticed that one of the requirements for getting the banner of Heraclius is to be byzantine, and a catholic faction. The text goes something like this:
    Trigger Banner_of_Herakleios
    WhenToTest PostBattle
    Condition WonBattle
    and FactionReligion catholic
    and GeneralFoughtCulture middle_eastern
    and BattleSuccess = crushing
    and FactionType byzantium
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists Banner_of_Herakleios
    and not HasAncType Relic_banner
    and Trait GoodCommander >= 3

AcquireAncillary Banner_of_Herakleios chance 66
    I haven't tried testing if this line prevents the byzantines from getting the anc, but I get the idea it might.

halberdiers have been strange, i've noticed for a long time but right now i just got proof. they're always exhausted for some reason, seemingly way too quick. sometimes my army will just be walking to a spot and they'll arrive exhausted. right now im setting up before a fight, and the halberdier is already at very tired??? im in the pre-battle phase! never seen a unit do that before

edit: soon as i started the battle, they became exhausted. i notice their 3 captains/flagbearers seem to be in perpetual motion, walking backwards, instead of standing still, i don't know if that's related. i remember bringing up the halberd captains before in another thread, they don't walk in pace with their unit
    Last edited by Sllhouette; January 04, 2024 at 08:26 PM.

my spy somehow got ahold of a pretty parade piece for a general. either black market dealings, or it's for a mission

edit: ignore. my spy somehow got "ornamental armor" as an ancillary but i put up the wrong screenshot
    Last edited by Sllhouette; January 06, 2024 at 05:21 AM.

Playing as the Papacy, as soon as the inquisitions starts in the early 13th century, a bunch of inquisitors get spawned all over the map. The game treats the inquisitors as armies, and the "costly army" script deducts money for every inquisitor I do not have in a town. Even if I get them into towns, they seem to go out on their own as they have some script that sends them after AI characters. As the spawn is significant, it makes a Papacy campaign unplayable at that point.

@Kavhan Isbul: I encountered the same problem as you. See here
    @Gigantus perhaps suggests a correction which will - I hope - be in the next version

@Silhouette : For halberdiers, the "hardy" or "very_hardy" attribute should be added to the EDU so that they tire less quickly.

I didn't have time to work on the late units. Officers can simply be deleted in the EDU to avoid this lag.

type Halberdiers
    dictionary Halberdiers ; Halberdiers : free professional, standard
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Halberdiers, 48, 0, 1.725
    officer northern_captain
    officer northern_captain_early_flag
    officer northern_captain_early_flag Remove these 3 lines
    mount_effect horse +2, camel +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, start_phalanxing, hardy Add this attribute
    move_speed_mod 0.84
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 5, phalanx, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 9, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, axe, 80, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap, light_spear
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 13, 7, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 12
    stat_ground 0, -2, 1, -1
    stat_mental 9, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 2957, 1109, 100, 1109, 1109, 1, 300
    armour_ug_levels 22, 25, 26, 27
    armour_ug_models Halberdiers, Halberdiers_ug1, Halberdiers_ug1, Halberdiers_ug1
    ownership aragon, france, denmark, spain, norway, england, hungary, poland, portugal, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, papal_states, serbia, scotland
    era 2 aragon, france, denmark, spain, norway, england, hungary, poland, portugal, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, papal_states, serbia, scotland
    recruit_priority_offset 0; before was: 35
    ;476

kostic, thank you, i can change the stats. but any idea why they start off very tired? its bizarre. and so far, its only ever one of them. in my pre-battle, i'll have other halberdiers at fresh, but only one unit will be at very tired already. soon as i begin, they turn to exhausted, and i have never seen them recover even if i let them sit there the entire battle. something in their code is forcing them wrong

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I hope you're joking @Jurand! Why were we playing this game if we couldn't rewrite history? Our game does not go beyond the 16th century. Even if we have to make conquering the steppes difficult, it doesn't have to be impossible!
    it should be possible within reason. The problem was ecology - it was very difficult to cultivate land in the steppes. The economy possible there was a pastoral one, what also made nomadic society organisation the only viable. So the steppes were for the Cumans, Tatars and other turkish-mongolic peoples, not for the Rus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    halberdiers have been strange, i've noticed for a long time but right now i just got proof. they're always exhausted for some reason, seemingly way too quick. sometimes my army will just be walking to a spot and they'll arrive exhausted. right now im setting up before a fight, and the halberdier is already at very tired??? im in the pre-battle phase! never seen a unit do that before
    edit: soon as i started the battle, they became exhausted. i notice their 3 captains/flagbearers seem to be in perpetual motion, walking backwards, instead of standing still, i don't know if that's related. i remember bringing up the halberd captains before in another thread, they don't walk in pace with their unit
    that's somehting to get sorted out indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by blncx View Post
    I dont know if this is a bug, or a mistake, but when I was checking the triggers for a general to get the byzantine relics I noticed that one of the requirements for getting the banner of Heraclius is to be byzantine, and a catholic faction
    fixed
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 07, 2024 at 12:23 AM.

it should be possible within reason. The problem was ecology - it was very difficult to cultivate land in the steppes. The economy possible there was a pastoral one, what also made nomadic society organisation the only viable. So the steppes were for the Cumans, Tatars and other turkish-mongolic people,not for the Rus
    Yes ,Jurand I understand perfectly and I agree that in the game it must be very difficult to control the steppes if you are not Cuman, Mongol or even Turk but as for military recruitment you don't think there should be some basic unit like spear militia or something on the first levels of the barracks? Another thing is to also give the option to foreign armies (like the Rus) to recruit basic steppe units like the Kasogi for the basic infantry/militia in first levels of barracks(in my minimod they are called Steppe Infantry, more generic and suitable for the mix of tribes that existed) and basic Cuman horse archers (Cuman Horse Warband) in the grassland building .
    This would simulate that in the first levels of barracks and also ,if you keep the grasslands ,you have access to the basic steppe / Cuman troops. It would be more realistic, don't you think?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 07, 2024 at 01:27 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

it should be possible within reason. The problem was ecology - it was very difficult to cultivate land in the steppes. The economy possible there was a pastoral one, what also made nomadic society organisation the only viable. So the steppes were for the Cumans, Tatars and other turkish-mongolic peoples, not for the Rus.
    It seems to me that history is more about dynastic power grabs and that nothing should prevent a faction, even Russian, from adapting, or even adopting a local way of life as leader. Thus the faction should be able to use local troops and feed on nomadic culture, even if this poses legitimacy problems.

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

suddenly i can't recruit hospitaller knight in my hospitaller knights minor chapter house in napoli. i'm at turn 72 of sicily campaign. Could this be a bug?

EDIT: nvm, is just found on an old thread here that your reputation has to be at least dubious to recruit them.. pretty sad though
    Last edited by louigi; January 07, 2024 at 02:29 PM.

i'm an excommunicated scottish empire. i own spain, france, germany, italy, some of north africa. in the west i am the major christian empire, in the east, it is jerusalem, we're almost like the roman empire together. pope just died, but while i only have 2 cardinals, jerusalem has around 10. so i vote for him. he wins. my papal relations was at 0 forever, now its more than halfway up, but it still says excommunicated. i see the "request crusade" button is available for the first time in hundreds of turns. all the options are on myself...all european major cities like milan or rome or frankfurt. i test it out and call a crusade, on MYSELF, and it works. next turn jerusalem joins the crusade

never seen this happen before. didn't think i could call a crusade being excommunicated, much less call it on my own city. there were 0 options except scottish territory, because islam is almost non-existent and i'm a christian terror on the world

i can foresee an advantage with this, i can force a confrontation at my most prepared location and funnel all of jerusalem's power to one point, like a bridge or something, and cripple their power, then i can steamroll many territories without a long and drawn out war. then i'll finally conquer much more of the world before i hit the game turn limit. i can't say this is how the game was intended though, so i'll call it a bug

EDIT: i think i've worked it out. i've conquered italy and wiped out any remaining papal forces long ago, i haven't seen one unit of theirs. but i did see a boat once, so they exist somewhere on the map. however, this means i'm at war with them and since i can't find a physical place to send a diplomat, i can't make peace. so even though i keep voting for the right pope, and getting perfect relations with them, i'm still at war with them, so i'm still excommunicated. so i can call a crusade because they love me through the papal voting, and i can target myself because they hate me through faction relations.
    Last edited by Sllhouette; January 11, 2024 at 02:50 PM.

one more thing i want to mention about halberdiers. i have never upgraded one unit for armor once in my playthrough. i can't. they are permanently non-upgraded armor. their upgrade requirement is "renaissannce three-quarter plate" which was one of the earlier tiers of blacksmith that i should have already. can someone direct me to the code regarding their armor upgrades? its crazy how this simple polearm unit has been so problematic for SSHIP

Well, you've gone very far in your campaign and some funny things are indeed happening to you!

Concerning the "halberdiers" units, their first armor improvement should - according to the number 25 - be around 1500 with the gothic_armourer built.

Although I am largely the one who takes care of the appearance of the units, I don't always fully understand how it all works because the levels indicated in the EDU often seem to me not respected...

yes the halberdiers are so peculiar. i've passed gothic plate technology, me and the whole world wear gothic plate on our soldiers, halberdiers are actually going out of fashion already. but they still have no upgraded once. every city has an armor factory by now. my men have silver upgrades minimum, a lot of them are gold. the halberds to this day are, well, naked

my bastard youngest son is both generous, and cheap. truly a complicated young man

edit: never figured out how to easily post screenshots on here. what works best for you guys? upload on imgur? i want the pic to be displayed wide and automatically visible, not as a link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240111122655_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Sllhouette; January 11, 2024 at 02:45 PM.