Page 28 of 305 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I FOUND IT. Christian Guard Cavalry is a mercenary unit. I can currently recruit it in the region between Valencia and Mursyah. I decided to see for my self so i recruited and started a battle. They really don't have textures and you can't find the unit in the custom battle menu. It's not there. I'm actually curious to see how they suppose to look.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks for that. I'll check it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Got another bug to report. Maybe this is known but I dont know. It's the second time I've seen it happen in the my campaign. Basically I ocupied Nuremberg fortress and its saying there are 19376 general bodyguard units available to recruit. I can literally recruit 4 general units at the same time and then repeat and repeat and repeat... The first time I saw it was when I took Asqalan fortress next to Jerusalem, I remember saying there were something like 7.000 general units available.

Blog Entries

??? Have you altered some files for "customisation? Nobody else reports that issue
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I haven't altered any files, I have not customized anything. If this only happened to me so far then maybe you shouldn't worry about it but I have no idea what could be the cause of it.

For the crusader states King Baldwin I and Baldwin II were both dead by 1132. The King for the crusader states was King Fulk de Anjou in 1132. His Hier should be a very young Baldwin III and Amalric. Or you could do Baldwin II as king and his hier be Fulk. Why are Forts unable to be built in 8.3? This takes away alot from the game. You guys should add STONE forts in the next version. Also the unit card for Constable of jerusalem is changed but the unit model is the same so the unit card and the unit model dont match. You need to get the unit model for the unit from the Kingdoms of Heaven mod. Also the jerusalem bodyguard unit is kind of sub par looking. I think you should put in the jerusalem lancers unit from Broken Crescent 1.0 as the bodyguard for KOJ or the broken crescent bodyguard. In addition why not add the dismounted Norman Cavalry and norman serjeants to the crusader states roster? anyways mod is great guys.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stevothree View Post
    For the crusader states King Baldwin I and Baldwin II were both dead by 1132. The King for the crusader states was King Fulk de Anjou in 1132. His Hier should be a very young Baldwin III and Amalric. Or you could do Baldwin II as king and his hier be Fulk. Why are Forts unable to be built in 8.3? This takes away alot from the game. You guys should add STONE forts in the next version. Also the unit card for Constable of jerusalem is changed but the unit model is the same so the unit card and the unit model dont match. You need to get the unit model for the unit from the Kingdoms of Heaven mod. Also the jerusalem bodyguard unit is kind of sub par looking. I think you should put in the jerusalem lancers unit from Broken Crescent 1.0 as the bodyguard for KOJ or the broken crescent bodyguard. In addition why not add the dismounted Norman Cavalry and norman serjeants to the crusader states roster? anyways mod is great guys.
    KoJ family tree hasn't been updated for the new start date yet. Since the new version won't be released until September, I suggest you adjust the family tree yourself by editing descr_strat.txt in your data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder. The ERE is another faction with an outdated family tree.

Forts were removed because the AI a lot of the time stations it's armies in forts instead of protecting it's cities. If you wan't them enabled, read this tutorial.

Importing units from other mods is a bit more complicated but still very much doable

For the new version, all factions will have accurate family trees.

Fulk is king, since baldwin is too young to be heir I choose to set https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_the_Butler as heir for now, since he was trusted by the king as well as loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    For the new version, all factions will have accurate family trees.

Fulk is king, since baldwin is too young to be heir I choose to set https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_the_Butler as heir for now, since he was trusted by the king as well as loyal.
    How will you handle the ERE succession, will Manuel be the designated heir? If we're going by historical accuracy, in 1132 Alexios, the eldest son, should be Symbasileus, but then if I wanted Manuel to be the next leader I would have to kill of his 3 elder brothers. Historically Alexios and Andronikos, the eldest sons of Emperor Ioannes both died in 1142 and then the Emperor chose his fourth son Manuel as his heir, even though his third son, Isaac, was still alive.

Alexios is heir, obviously. Since he isn't dead yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
    I FOUND IT. Christian Guard Cavalry is a mercenary unit. I can currently recruit it in the region between Valencia and Mursyah. I decided to see for my self so i recruited and started a battle. They really don't have textures and you can't find the unit in the custom battle menu. It's not there. I'm actually curious to see how they suppose to look.
    I've checked that unit and it's fine in my game. Is there anybody else having the same issue with the Christian Guard Cavalry?

Nope, they work fine in my game. And they are available in custom battle but only to Moors.

This is how they look like if you're wondering.

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/ZNJZ
    Last edited by jurcek1987; July 23, 2015 at 10:30 AM.

how is it possible that its bugged for me

Either you're missing texture files or there's an error in battle_models.modeldb. A clean install usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
    how is it possible that its bugged for me
    Dont worry patton, i have the same problem..when i played with regnum siciliae, i conquered murcia anid i can recruit as mercenaries the christian guard cavalry..and their look were silvers surfers...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 23, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Can you post your modeldb file?

me? no idea where to find that... tell me and i post it.

In SS6.3/data/unit_models folder, file called battle_models.modeldb

I tried putting the file here as an attachment but it gave me an error message after uploading it so i just decided to upload to a different place, you can download:

https://meocloud.pt/link/e78bc38b-c0...odels.modeldb/

Why do the knights hospitaller buildings start to emerge for construction later in the game? The knights hospitaller began in 1100 before the templars. Also Knights of St Lazarus are available eairly but they were a later sub order of the hospitallers but they are availble before the hospitallers, why? I switch St Lazarus Knights for original Knights of Antioch to be more accurate for the time period. I trade Knights of St lazarus for another unit to be played later too. In my campaign I put in Knights of Tripoli, Knights of Edessa, Marshall of the Templars whose unit models are still available in the game. The heavy turkopole archers unit should be availble to the crusader states too unless they are and I havent gottn that far in campaign. The Dismounted knights of jerusalems unit info needs to be changed to reflect the broken crescent spear unit. Also maybe bring in more broken crescent units for the units in the holy land. Also Knights of the holy sepulcher would be cool like bellum crucis has. Amazing mod btw! A little more work and it will be best Med 2 mod ever!