Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Max.1985 :It is not normal. Have you closed all applications other than the game, such as your internet browser for example?

May or September version?
    To attach your save you must send your .sav file (Medieval2totalwar/mods/SSHIP_098/saves) to a server and put the link on the forum so we can upload it.

@krekker : I can't even load your save. The game crashes immediately and sends it back to the desktop (Tested with the September version SSHIP_098 without modifications).
    krekker's is May version, I'd guess

I noticed that some of the spearmen's spears have glich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230527115632_1.jpg  

I believe, since I upgraded Windows to 11, I cannot play siege battles anymore.
    I did the verifying files thing on Steam and made the game Windows 7 compatible. Since then I only get very slooooow graphics on the siege battles until it crashes (on the lowest of low sttings).
    Any suggestions to fixing that?
    I love to play the sally battles once in a while.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Mattus: Thanks for reporting. I will look at this.
    @William the Silent: Ouch... I better stay on Windows 10 if I want to continue enjoying our mod. I have no idea how to fix your problem unfortunately.

For my part, by staying for the moment on my Fatimid campaign with the September version, I fear the arrival of new bugs never encountered before:
    - first a CTD during an assault on an English town when the spy had opened the doors for us
    - a reinforcement army whose support I had unchecked by the AI ​​which appeared on the battle map without leaving me either the hand or the possibility of choosing whether it should favor defense, ranged fire or well attack at will.

Somewhat reassuringly, restarting these battles, the bugs did not reoccur.

In the financial overview window the last line dissappears a little in the border decoration at the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSH1.jpg  
    Last edited by William the Silent; May 31, 2023 at 05:03 AM.

Libertus

The Abbasids are unable to recruit arab spearmen from their barracks despite its description saying they should be able . this is the latest may version

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrenadier View Post
    The Abbasids are unable to recruit arab spearmen from their barracks despite its description saying they should be able . this is the latest may version
    frankly speaking - I can't find this unit...

Libertus

My bad I meant Arab Infantry

Hello there, i'd just like to say that the "AgentHealth" mechanic is extremely broken and frustrating, it should be completely redone or erased, there's triggers for almost all traits, even though the chances are very low, because of the way the engine does things, almost all my agents end up ill and they never lose the trait, never. No new traits for the entirety of the campaign and before you know it they are Old and can't get traits then either. I have to get myself in the mod files and delete every single line of triggers that include the AgentHealth trait in export_descr_character_traits. Honestly i'd like to speak to the person who thought it would be a good idea to put it everywhere, is it a way to nerf agents into oblivion? Anyway, you probably don't even care since this mod hasn't been finished years now and is ridled with bugs, missing features and unfinished content. This is only a small thing that bothers me with this mod. 0.97 was almost great, now i'm trying 0.98 thinking it's an improvement but you literally went half a step forward and 10 steps back. Medieval 3 will be out before this is finished. It shouldn't even be 0.98, next it's going to be 0.985 0,987, 2 years from now 0.99 then 0.999999. You remind me of DayZ development, at least they managed to release it eventually. Maybe just maybe try finishing what you started instead of implementing new feautures and getting rid of old ones while never finishing existing ones or the ones you removed.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMcSwaggerGr View Post
    Hello there, i'd just like to say that the "AgentHealth" mechanic is extremely broken and frustrating, it should be completely redone or erased, there's triggers for almost all traits, even though the chances are very low, because of the way the engine does things, almost all my agents end up ill and they never lose the trait, never. No new traits for the entirety of the campaign and before you know it they are Old and can't get traits then either. I have to get myself in the mod files and delete every single line of triggers that include the AgentHealth trait in export_descr_character_traits. Honestly i'd like to speak to the person who thought it would be a good idea to put it everywhere, is it a way to nerf agents into oblivion? Anyway, you probably don't even care since this mod hasn't been finished years now and is ridled with bugs, missing features and unfinished content. This is only a small thing that bothers me with this mod. 0.97 was almost great, now i'm trying 0.98 thinking it's an improvement but you literally went half a step forward and 10 steps back. Medieval 3 will be out before this is finished. It shouldn't even be 0.98, next it's going to be 0.985 0,987, 2 years from now 0.99 then 0.999999. You remind me of DayZ development, at least they managed to release it eventually. Maybe just maybe try finishing what you started instead of implementing new feautures and getting rid of old ones while never finishing existing ones or the ones you removed.
    Yeah, thanks for pointing it out. You might be right as I see it know, there might be a problem with bias of 1% chance, as I've suspected long time ago. Will be different in the next iteration of the mod (0.9889919929229129291999), we'll see if it will solve the issues.

Laetus

Something I found today. During my play with France on 380 turn, the game ctd a lot. By Luck on London I destroy that Hansiatic Balt trade building the game stop with the crashes and runs good now.. That building trade must be getting some kind a bug and crash the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Max.1985 View Post
    Something I found today. During my play with France on 380 turn, the game ctd a lot. By Luck on London I destroy that Hansiatic Balt trade building the game stop with the crashes and runs good now.. That building trade must be getting some kind a bug and crash the game..
    Thanks, this sounds like a very interesting insight. Upload a save, pls!
    London belonged to you, or was AI ?
    Which level of the building it was - one can build there a unique building, the Stalhof (and there's a fire script associated with this building).

EDIT: Found one error in coding - not declared counter when the Stalhof is built. I think this can cause the crash.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 03, 2023 at 02:51 PM.

Laetus

I don't know to upload a save. But London Belongs to me To France and the problem happens on large and Huge city. I upgrade that Building (Stalhof) and the game crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.1985 View Post
    I don't know to upload a save. But London Belongs to me To France and the problem happens on large and Huge city. I upgrade that Building (Stalhof) and the game crash.
    ok, that's right, it's the reason of crash. I'm sorry, not possible to save your game, you'll have to play without Stalhof. I've forgotten to put the first line here:
    declare_counter number_hansa6_kontor_london_built
    monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    and SettlementBuildingFinished = hansa6_kontor_london ; comment as above
    inc_counter number_hansa6_kontor_london_built 1
    historic_event HANSEATIC_LONDON_STELYARD
    if I_EventCounter London_turns_in_our_realm > 100 ; burghers feel more independent
    inc_event_counter London_turns_in_our_realm -50
    end_if
    if I_EventCounter London_turns_in_our_realm > 60
    inc_event_counter London_turns_in_our_realm -20
    end_if
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Little bug: the silver mine in Wales cannot be accessed by a merchant.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Strange bug today in a Fatimids vs. Mongols battle: the battle freezes from the start despite several tries without the usual "medieval 2 has encountered an unknown error and needs to close".
    The only way to pass the bug is to uncheck the box that lets the AI ​​master the reinforcement army. Naturally, without this reinforcement army, the battle is much more difficult !
    The end of the log:
    2023.06.15 22:54

21:52:17.998 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 1.00 @ 191.2, line number 20548
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_active_set> at line 20549 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20560 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20571 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20573 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 20573 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <army4_ready> = 1
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 20574 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <def_alliance_ready> = 1
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20578 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20584 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22370 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22375 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22387 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22397 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22397 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <army4_run> = 1
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22398 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <army4_moving> = 1
    21:52:17.998 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22405 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22405 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <army4_reinf_late> = 1
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22406 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <distance_trigger1> = 1
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22413 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22413 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <army4_reinf_late> = 1
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 22414 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <distance_trigger2> = 1
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22421 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22429 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:52:17.999 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22437 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

If anyone wants to test the battle, this is a VH/VH campaign with the September 098 build: Fatimids 1263 battle stop

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Strange bug today in a Fatimids vs. Mongols battle: the battle freezes from the start despite several tries without the usual "medieval 2 has encountered an unknown error and needs to close".
    The only way to pass the bug is to uncheck the box that lets the AI ​​master the reinforcement army. Naturally, without this reinforcement army, the battle is much more difficult !
    The end of the log:
    If anyone wants to test the battle, this is a VH/VH campaign with the September 098 build: Fatimids 1263 battle stop
    this is the famous "CTD when reinforcing general enters the battle". I believe it is limited in the SSHIP (with the Germanicus5 fix), but afaik all Medieval2 mods know this problem as it's related to the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Little bug: the silver mine in Wales cannot be accessed by a merchant.
    thanks, it'll be fixed

Another one maybe:
    Playing England, during the civil war, I was told to blockade the port of Gand 3 times, earning 3000 florins every time. Until I took Gand (Gent).
    Nice bonus to get me through hard times.
    But maybe not intended to happen so often???
    Last edited by William the Silent; June 17, 2023 at 09:06 AM.

Running into a CTD around turn 300 in my Byz campaign when it gets to the rebels turn. I reloaded to an earlier save and the crash ended up happening on an even earlier turn. Any idea how I can get passed this CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Running into a CTD around turn 300 in my Byz campaign when it gets to the rebels turn. I reloaded to an earlier save and the crash ended up happening on an even earlier turn. Any idea how I can get passed this CTD?
    show me your save. This is May 2023 version, right?
    Try also this
    Quote Originally Posted by vancea View Post
    no problem, thanks for trying!
    let's try this patch - put it into the relevant folder (data)

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Another one maybe:
    Playing England, during the civil war, I was told to blockade the port of Gand 3 times, earning 3000 florins every time. Until I took Gand (Gent).
    Nice bonus to get me through hard times.
    But maybe not intended to happen so often???
    Frankly speaking, I'm yet to learn the secrets of the "missions". If it's not a crash, I'll let it go.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 18, 2023 at 03:26 AM.