Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Unfortunately, I confirm the CTD of @CO22 with Venice at lap 104...
    Did you change your version along the way ? Round 104 is for me largely outdated without CTD with my Fatimids campaign.
    In a previous campaign, modifications during the campaign to the EDU file (export_descr_units) caused an irreversible crash. My entire campaign was contaminated by my edits. I had to give it up.
    Last edited by kostic; May 01, 2023 at 10:31 AM.

Icon12 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Unfortunately, I confirm the CTD of @CO22 with Venice at lap 104...
    Did you change your version along the way ? Round 104 is for me largely outdated without CTD with my Fatimids campaign.
    In a previous campaign, modifications during the campaign to the EDU file (export_descr_units) caused an irreversible crash. My entire campaign was contaminated by my edits. I had to give it up.
    no, I haven’t changed anything.
    in the meantime i got past turn 104 to 106 (picked up an older save), but it keeps crashing, at different point now but again at the AI turn of the KOJ🫤

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I also experience CDTs
    Looks like both FL and FH are dying at the same time, what causes the crash.
    20:58:13.881 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_FLEE_INVASION from transgressor faction 234596F0 against faction 23457B0E
    20:58:13.986 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055b_T_Invasion_Flee> fired
    20:58:13.986 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_FLEE_INVASION from transgressor faction 234596F0 against faction 23457B0E
    20:58:14.137 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    20:58:14.138 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    20:58:14.483 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Thanks Jurand!
    I'll check it out, and see if I can prevent it

What's wrong with mounted acritae? I am playing a game with Byzantium, and I went to a battle with Serbians. However this unit, constantly goes forward, but then decides to run backwards and they never go straight up to their opponents. Am I doing something wrong?

@asapas : Couldn't it just be the fact that the "skirmish" function is activated with this unit?You can deactivate it with the F6 menu by clicking on the sword in a yellow/orange circle.

Wait. Are mounted acritae only a bow unit? I mean do they only attack from distance??? They can't engage the enemy from up front?

Quote Originally Posted by asapas View Post
    Wait. Are mounted acritae only a bow unit? I mean do they only attack from distance??? They can't engage the enemy from up front?
    Of course yes ! By default, they are in "skirmish" mode: they therefore start by firing their javelins (very deadly!) and do not allow themselves to approach enemies.
    You can also have them attack head-on by forcing them to attack by holding the Alt key when giving the command to attack.
    When they run out of javelins, they will attack head-on anyway.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not, but I keep having these visual bugs with the General's Bodyguard when I enter a siege battle, which it then carries on into every single battle ill enter for the rest of the game unless I restart my game.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorAlex View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not, but I keep having these visual bugs with the General's Bodyguard when I enter a siege battle, which it then carries on into every single battle ill enter for the rest of the game unless I restart my game.
    This bug has been fixed. The next version will not have it. In the meantime, go to this message to download the files that fix it.
    Last edited by kostic; May 10, 2023 at 05:32 PM.

Hi, I keep having a crash every time I end turn in my HRE Campaign. I have the save file here:Empire of the Romans.rar

Hello ; I've started a campaign with the Cuman Khanate. Potential bug I've seen: I've been proposed an alliance from factions that are at war with another ally.

At some point I was allied with Georgia and the Turks. But Georgia attacked the Turks and I had to break the alliance with Georgia then.
    But maybe 20 turns later, a diplomat from Georgia comes and asks me for an alliance, EVEN IF Georgia is still at war with the Turks, and I'm still allied with the Turks. It surprised me, I thought it was not possible to create an alliance in that situation (Georgia being at war with my ally).

I'm also allied with Lithuania: Lithuania is at war with Poland, and yet Poland proposed an alliance to me.

If you agree for an alliance, you will automatically obtain peace (if I remember well). It is only possible sometimes, I am not sure what are the conditions but from my observation your enemy cannot be too much belligerent towards you and your faction needs to be big/influential enough..

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorAlex View Post
    Hi, I keep having a crash every time I end turn in my HRE Campaign. I have the save file here:Empire of the Romans.rar
    Yes, I also encounter it. the log says:
    16:58:07.685 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired16:58:07.685 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    16:58:07.685 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    16:58:07.685 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    16:58:07.793 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 18522 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:58:07.793 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <panel_check> = 2
    16:58:07.794 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting
    16:58:07.794 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting,,not found
    16:58:07.794 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting,,not found
    16:58:07.794 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting,179
    16:58:07.795 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    16:58:07.809 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_midday.texture
    16:58:07.809 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_midday.texture
    16:58:07.809 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/daytime_light.lighting,,,-179
    16:58:07.809 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I don't know this areas of the game...

Ok this is painful, I got save locked out of my game as Venice at turn 301. I went to the logs folder as instructed in this thread but it was empty.

The error is the usual "Medieval 2 encountered an unspecified error" etc.

Here are my save files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Up?usp=sharing

I hope this is salvageable, I have been playing this game for weeks

Edit: I went to the new campaign screen, then went back and to the custom battle screen and got the same error. Restarting the game fixed this (?) but I'm still save locked.
    Last edited by greywarden; May 13, 2023 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greywarden View Post
    Ok this is painful, I got save locked out of my game as Venice at turn 301. I went to the logs folder as instructed in this thread but it was empty.
    The error is the usual "Medieval 2 encountered an unspecified error" etc.
    Here are my save files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Up?usp=sharing
    I hope this is salvageable, I have been playing this game for weeks
    Edit: I went to the new campaign screen, then went back and to the custom battle screen and got the same error. Restarting the game fixed this (?) but I'm still save locked.
    I've tried it but I crashes instantly. Seems to be a corrupted save? Do you happen to have an older one?

Little bug found in the current May version,
    - Unit Constable of Jerusalem is not unique, they should be a unique unit in Jerusalem (similar to Canons of Holy Sepulcre) dont you??
    Currently they can be recruited in landowners with maximum of 4 or 5 units... I think they should be in Jerusalem only and one unit maximum...
    Also Edessan Guard is possible recruit them in landowners...

I think kostic need to remake all these vainilla crusaders units, also for templars units ( freres knights, sergeants..)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; May 14, 2023 at 03:34 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Little bug found in the current May version,
    - Unit Constable of Jerusalem is not unique, they should be a unique unit in Jerusalem (similar to Canons of Holy Sepulcre) dont you??
    Currently they can be recruited in landowners with maximum of 4 or 5 units... I think they should be in Jerusalem only and one unit maximum...
    Also Edessan Guard is possible recruit them in landowners...

I think kostic need to remake all these vainilla crusaders units, also for templars units ( freres knights, sergeants..)
    I have re-modded it just this week, it will be present in the next version:

;- JERUSALEM landowners3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; City-specific units
    ; - Jerusalem
    recruit_pool "Constable of Jerusalem" 2 0.06 3 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource jerusalem and hidden_resource capital
    ; - Edessa
    recruit_pool "Edessan Guard" 2 0.06 3 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource jerusalem and hidden_resource zengid and hidden_resource armenia

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I have re-modded it just this week, it will be present in the next version:
    Perfect Jurand, nice to see your currentand continous work for the next version!
    Also if it were possible, i would like see more new unique buildings and regional buildings ( bullrings, italian trade quarters, arsenale di venecia and much more!) I love see your great work in new and historical buildings!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I just managed to check a few days ago, fortunately my older save is just a few turns away from the crash and now its working normally. Thanks!