Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

thanks for the report. AI modding is Macaras realm, but I think he looks for a more aggressive AI, that can push back the player. Undeclared agression is fair game IMO, as the player can do that as well, for the rest I'll leave the awnser to Macaras
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I allowed blocking of ports only for the factions that have a wining conditions to either destroy or be destroyed by the opponent. So in this way it is limited but still unfortunately may lead to the situations like this. It was to allow starting wars by sea invasions.

Ok thanks for your answer @Macaras and @Belovese, i understand but it is a little annoying because you suddenly find yourself at war with various factions simply because they have blocked your ports (without doing anything to these factions beforehand)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hi sship team i saw various issues in my norwegian campaign...

1. Units in battles and Strat map units (as generals, merchants...) dont have voices in my spanish version.
    2. Bondir unit have wrong description , it say about have javelins and is not true, also they are effective against cavalry and only have little axes, currently they are not spearmen...(they are rural levy with axes)
    3. Drenghar unit have old vainilla models, also have a "viking style" but with a lot of swords, i think that kostic could give them more appropiate unit model with axes and shield, swords were a pretty expensive weapons for peasants...
    4. Drenghar unit and Veteran Drenghar unit more should be differentiated between them, for example, renaming the drenghar veterans as "Scandinavian mercenaries" or something like that, in addition to giving them "shield wall ability" (representing the Scandinavian / old viking way of fighting) and representing them with a little more armor now who are mercenary warriors in that area with good equipment ready for war. (It would be necessary to make them mercenaries in the different files.)I would leave the drenghar (peasant militia) more as factional units of Norway and Denmark since they represent the lower classes, similar to the bondirs, and not so much as mercenaries.
    Maybe if this drenghar model is changed to another one without so many swords (because they were lower class) with round wooden shields and small axes, the "Bondir" unit could go back to being a kind of "light spearmen", with small spears and scythes (tools for tilling the field) representing the Scandinavian villagers and the previously mentioned ability of "Effective against cavalry" could be left.
    Hi! Long time not talked together, I'm happy to see you're still playing and providing valuated feedback.

For point 1: currently no one in the team can mod the non-english voices, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry...

For point 2: I'll fix that for the next release, thanks.

Other points are more other teammates areas

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Hi! Long time not talked together, I'm happy to see you're still playing and providing valuated feedback.

For point 1: currently no one in the team can mod the non-english voices, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry...

For point 2: I'll fix that for the next release, thanks.

Other points are more other teammates areas

Cheers!
    Hello friend i am glad to see you again, well i will never get tired of playing this wonderful and historical mod and whenever i can i recommend it to people and youtubers to run campaigns on their channels!

-On the other hand, I don't know if it would be possible for you to review the unit texts for the Byzantine units, many of them do not have the "type" and "quality" part like many other units, in addition to having several spelling errors (perhaps from passing nikkosaiz's texts to the game).

-In my minimod I put the historical titles for the characters of the game such as the Byzantine family members are called "Sebastos", and their generals are called "Strategos", the emperor is called "Basileus kai autokrator of Roman Empire" and his heir and co-emperor is called "Despotes of Roman Empire" as historically were the imperial titles in the XII-XIII century.

As well as for the Spanish( Duques, Infante, Condes...) and German titles too...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; February 19, 2023 at 05:19 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Is it a design choice that aqaba and tayma are unable to upgrade beyond large town and wooden castle due to being unable to build logging camps? If yes a consequense of this is that if they are large towns then they cant build landowners.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Stivanderen View Post
    Is it a design choice that aqaba and tayma are unable to upgrade beyond large town and wooden castle due to being unable to build logging camps? If yes a consequense of this is that if they are large towns then they cant build landowners.
    Yes, this is a design choice. No landowners in the desert.
    farms0 requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and event_counter dummy 1 or not hidden_resource desert
    landowners2 requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms farms2 and not building_present_min_level autonomy autonomy3
    ;---- Landowners ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Policy building: signifies direct management of land by the faction's elites.
    ; An alternative building to autonomy - it provides military units and some law, trade, farm; but do not lower the unrest (as autonomy does).
    ; Available in both city and castle in any province on the map (de facto: not in deserts and some steppe provindes where agriculture is not possible to be built).
    ; Available already at the large_town level also for the gameplay purposes: access to heavy troops for the less developed faction.

; The landowners were the main engine of the trade but they also would take away a large chunk of the royal income.
    ; therefore there's "trade_base_income_bonus" and "income_bonus" malus
    ; Criterion "farms2" excludes 8 provinces with deserts and 5 provinces with deep steppes.
    ; The nomadic factions have large malus to their happiness and will find it very difficult build them because they cannot build hinterland_farms.
    ; For landowning the existence of a settled agriculture is necessary but no religion threshold.

; Give access to the knights as this is the class that owned the lands (in the future may be also for the seargants / retainers - but then what will the stable be for?)
    ; Religious requirement only for recruitment (25% for knights, 50% for generals) - it signifies control of the land.
    ; Bodyguards are available from settlements of 4th (Large City / Citadel) and 5th (Huge Cities ).
    ; The AI has additional replenishment of the pools at any level, and can recruit Bodyguards at any level.
    Al_Aqaba_Province Al_Aqaba
    jerusalem
    Fatimid_Rebels
    235 204 204
    jerusalem, egypt, no_pirates, desert
    religions { catholic 10 orthodox 10 islam 70 pagan 0 heretic 10 }
    Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I noticed that in tje byzantine campaign exist a little bug with ministerial offices, at the beginning of the game the general "Ioannis Axouchos" have an ancillarie called Megas Domestikos (chief army) but when you put your FL in Adrianapolis fortress he obtain the real ministerial office called also Megas Domestikos, i think that the first ancillarie is a remanent of old system of original stainless steel, i dont know if Jurand has been able to review this for the byzantines

Also levy crossbowmen and axe militia for byzantines dont have image information in their panel ( only the typical Rome 1 villager)

-As suggestion is possible add levy crossbowmen also in Constantinople? I see them in cities as Ankyra and Nayssos but not in another most developers cities... I continue thinking that Constantinople should have a last special level of Quarters called "Tagmata Barracks" where you can recruit also Menaulatoi pikemen, scoutatoi, scoutatoi swordmen and mourtatoi... Constantinople should have the best barrack and the best recruitment troop for the Empire, if you lost this important city you will lost much of the recruitment of your best troops...
    thanks, j.a.luna, Megas Demosticos fixed somehow.
    crossbowmen and special building in Constantinople - maybe at some point.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 25, 2023 at 12:19 PM.

What about europeans not being able to upgrade some desert desert settlements due to not being able to upgrade the farms and other building requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Stivanderen View Post
    What about europeans not being able to upgrade some desert desert settlements due to not being able to upgrade the farms and other building requirement?
    No landowners in the desert and in (deep) steppe provinces as there'll be no (or "not enough") lands to create agricultural estates. These provinces will stay small (ie with small settlements) and provide basic and tribal troops.

As a result, one had to remove "desert" attribute from certain provinces that were mainly desert but in other parts good for agriculture - eg. Upper Egypt.

Sorry if I missed a mention of this, but has retraining of mercenaries been disabled? I have been unable to do so in my current campaign.

Minor bug.
    It looks like the recruitment pool AI support for the Jerusalem city barracks (army barracks) is duplicated in the EDB file.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_TotalWar View Post
    Minor bug.
    It looks like the recruitment pool AI support for the Jerusalem city barracks (army barracks) is duplicated in the EDB file.
    I'll check but there's rarely a specific recruitment for a city from a building that is available in many cities.
    Sorry if I missed a mention of this, but has retraining of mercenaries been disabled? I have been unable to do so in my current campaign.
    Yes and no.
    If I remember it right: as a rule, mercenaries should not be "retrainable". However, if the unit is recruitable in a building and at the same time is a mercenary, then you can retrain it. Or somehow similar.
    In general: no retraining for mercenaries, only merging. And if you follow the non-exploitation rules, then you only merge anyway.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Is this a bug or a vanilla base defect ?
    You see on my screenshot that it is impossible to send reinforcements to Paris from Orleans here, while Paris is not yet besieged...

Might be because of the enemy army area of control?

Hello, i think my game is bugged, I am at turn 200 playing as England but i cannot build Notre Dame for some reason. Is there some way for me to fix it ?

Playing Denmark, turn 200, after the Mounted Crossbow event. I saw that Poland was fielding Hussars, which I thought was a late game light cavalry.

I checked the EDB (buildings) file for the requirements for the unit, and saw what I think is a typo in the event requirements for recruitment of the unit.

See, for example, lines 20279 to 20281, where the first recruitment condition requires both transitional armor and not transitional armor, and the second requires mounted crossbows and not full plate, which I would not interpret as late game.

This same set of requirements is repeated in the file, and I suspect it is not intended.

Just trying to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanovak View Post
    Hello, i think my game is bugged, I am at turn 200 playing as England but i cannot build Notre Dame for some reason. Is there some way for me to fix it ?
    should come soon:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    and I_EventCounter FRANCE21_SUGERIUS == 1
    and RandomPercent < 20

if I_IsFactionAIControlled france ; fall-back: AI doesn't know it should build Notre Dame
    set_event_counter notre_dame 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if I_EventCounter notre_dame > 0 ; terminate if Notre Dame built
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 200 ; fall-back after 200 turns
    set_event_counter notre_dame 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

historic_event NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE ; allows building Notre Dame lvl3 and lvl4
    terminate_monitor

end_monitor
    otherwise you can delete the criteria for notre_dome in the EDB, iirc it is save-compatible

Playing Denmark, turn 200, after the Mounted Crossbow event. I saw that Poland was fielding Hussars, which I thought was a late game light cavalry.
    I checked the EDB (buildings) file for the requirements for the unit, and saw what I think is a typo in the event requirements for recruitment of the unit.
    See, for example, lines 20279 to 20281, where the first recruitment condition requires both transitional armor and not transitional armor, and the second requires mounted crossbows and not full plate, which I would not interpret as late game.
    This same set of requirements is repeated in the file, and I suspect it is not intended.
    Just trying to help out.
    Very good catch, @Alex, thank's a lot, will be fixed in the next version.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I have finally reached the beginning of the 13th century and I would like to have my king crowned.
    It seems to me that it has all the necessary elements, but nothing happens:

A - He controls the requested territory
    B - He has the 20,000 guilders
    C - He went to Rheims to be crowned, as shown on the map
    D - There is Notre Dame in Paris
    E - The city is not under siege
    F - Citizens are happy
    G - The king has only 5 auxiliaries

@Jurand: can you tell me what I didn't do?

To see my current campaign, here is the backup file: France 1203

actually, Notre Dame is important for other events in the game, not for crowining.

For the French FL to be crowned, you need a cathedral in Rheims:

;------------------------------------------- 1->0 ------ FRANCE ------
    Trigger Crown_france_UnFit
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_france > 0

Affects Fit_Crown_france -1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------- 0->1
    Trigger Crown_france_Fit_Rheims
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and FactionType france
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementName Rheims ; coronation in Rheims
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cathedral ; large city level
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4
    and Trait Fit_Crown_france < 1

Affects Fit_Crown_france 1 Chance 100

Trigger Crown_france_Fit_Naples

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and FactionType france
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementName Naples ; coronation in Naples
    and SettlementBuildingExists = south_italy_building6_maschioangioino ; much later in the game
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4
    and Trait Fit_Crown_france < 1

Affects Fit_Crown_france 1 Chance 100

Trigger Crown_france_Fit_AI

Condition not FactionIsLocal
    and IsFactionLeader