Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    did you guys figure out what’s stopping the AI from training priests in the later stages of a campaign?
    just curious to know.
    Frankly speaking - no.
    I've added the AI possibility to recruit priests from the lower levels of churches (and found also bugs in the pagan priests - it's the benefit of looking at the same code again and again, but after some time). Not sure if it'd work.
    Meanwhile, @Macaras has made a test and he found (iiuik) that the AI doesn't want to recurit priests even at prices set to 0.

that's what i was thinking, they probably can train priests in this version they just don't want to, or something prevents it.
    in my campaign after 50 turns with no new priests, Aragon trained a new one.
    i think this same thing was in the april version, not much the one before that tho.

btw i've been playing for almost a 100 turn with only one priest, am i doing something wrong here?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 03, 2023 at 01:03 PM. Reason: posts merged

btw i've been playing for almost a 100 turn with only one priest, am i doing something wrong here?
    upload a save, and I'll tell you

It's described in the pop-out window: you need to wait for the events to occur for collegiate churches to increase the limit. I need to update the text of the window though, because the cathedrals increase it instantly.

{INFO_AGENTS_PRIESTS_AVAILABILITY_BODY}\nPriests are rather rare in the SSHIP. At the beginning of the game any faction has just one or two. Over the course of the campaign there will be a gradual increase. This is because the maximum number of priests a faction can field at one time grows by +1 with each:\n[1] Small CHURCH in a starting CAPITAL of any faction (that means that if you would conquer such a settlement, your limit will grow +1).\n[2a] A COLLEGIATE CHURCH building for the catholics after the Dominican order is founded in the early 13th century\n[2b] A MINARETED MASJID for the Muslims - no strigs attached\n(mind that the capitals with a Collegiate Church / Minareted Masjid still provide the same number as before).\n[3] A HUGE CATHEDRAL or JAMA that can be built in Huge Cities (for the Catholics founding of the Franciscan order is required).\n[4] A THEOLOGIANS GUILD (with historical strings attached: only after certain events).\n\nIf the Faction Leader has the "Strictly Religious" policy (see his traits), the limit for each church is increased by +1 (ie. 2 instead of 1, or 3 instead of 2).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 30, 2022 at 03:44 PM.

when is the Dominican order supposed to happen then?
    the event.txt says 82, is that 82 turns?

when is the Dominican order supposed to happen then?
    the event.txt says 82, is that 82 turns?
    this file is coded in terms of years in the Med2 engine, so it's 164 turns.

wow so 164 turns with only one priest, thats rough.
    and there is no way to get more before that? aside from taking another faction's capital.

wow so 164 turns with only one priest, thats rough.
    and there is no way to get more before that? aside from taking another faction's capital.
    each Cathedral gives one (no event required, afair)

Libertus

Getting a stretching texture error with early bodyguards who have the bronze colored armor upgrade

Hi all mod developer. I really like playing this mod. I am in round 339. In this version (0.9.8+Utrecht fix) I only encountered the error 1-2 times.

But here i ran into the disapperaing building error. If i finish the turn, the "Food Tribute" building in Konya disappears.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/egzkh...lding.sav/file

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrenadier View Post
    Getting a stretching texture error with early bodyguards who have the bronze colored armor upgrade
    will be corrected in the January version.
    In the meantime, you can fix your current version by following the instructions in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by murats987 View Post
    Hi all mod developer. I really like playing this mod. I am in round 339. In this version (0.9.8+Utrecht fix) I only encountered the error 1-2 times.

But here i ran into the disapperaing building error. If i finish the turn, the "Food Tribute" building in Konya disappears.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/egzkh...lding.sav/file
    Hi @murats,
    I don't know why it doesn't work, but for me it doesn't either.
    Thanks for uploading the save!
    Btw, what is your experience with the Mongols? Do you know why there're so many independent provinces in Rus?

Is there a bug fix for Utrecht that is save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Is there a bug fix for Utrecht that is save game compatible?
    no, you've got to start with it, sorry

hey i noticed the Crusader states don't start with a princess, even tho the FL has a 20y daughter.
    is it intended to be like this?

hey i noticed the Crusader states don't start with a princess, even tho the FL has a 20y daughter.
    is it intended to be like this?
    No, thanks for the hint! Will be fixed in the January edition.

Hello, currently playing as Pisa and for some reason i can't merge ships even though non of them have command stars. Is it a feature or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by billispaok4 View Post
    Hello, currently playing as Pisa and for some reason i can't merge ships even though non of them have command stars. Is it a feature or a bug?
    Unfortunately, it's unintended feature of the present coding that I'm going to fix. I'm sorry for that.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I address the community - happy new year to all - and to all those likely to help me:
    Unable to find and change unit cards and info units for the Alforrats. I had created a #alforrats.tga file as well as an alforrats_info.tga file but they are not recognized in the game.
    I even tried #border_horse (since that's the name associated with soldier in the EDU) with no more success.

Someone can help me ?